Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I am here. I am struggling and avoiding the scale.
Keep up the good work everyone!
I will be back to cheer you on tomorrow.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Ubee: come on lady you can do this- just hop over that bump in the road waiting to trip you up. Just give it a good go today, you've gotten this far and I won't let you fall victim like I did last year at this time. You cheered me on these last few weeks it's my time now to return the favor!

Davis: how's the new job?

Laura: come on lady - maybe those few pesky pounds will just go away! How are you feeling today?

Gemini and boop: how are those 10s doing? May they be a speedy stop for you!

Hello all!

I think my yardwork caught up with a small bit of loss. YEAH!

So my today goals to hit:
1. Eat in calories
2. Get my water in
3. Clean my house

Yes I can have that one on my goal list - I haven't been successful with that one this week and it's driving me nuts. Maybe putting it out in the universe will help.

Hey - do any of you drink tumeric tea? I've been reading it's a good one for all over inflammation. I have autoimmunes of various types and I just wonder if this might be a help or a deterrent to even try.

Ok all - keep up the good work! I hope everyone's scales were nice looking this am. If not tell us what we can do to help cheer you on. Falls coming quickly: no falling off the weight wagon - I know I'll need encouragement to get through winter but good! I tend to throw weight to the wind leading towards Christmas time so to speak. This year I'd love to stand strong (and thinner!) by Christmas. Let's all do that - get down some more in size and say 199 is doable/workable in 2018 and take flight and slay the rest. Ok - enough motivational craziness! I'm just rooting for you all to get your loss mojo back. Happy day all!

PS: I was just enetering in my app and if I read correctly I have lost 20.8% to my goal weight. Wow - I guess that's a NSV when you see percentage. Maybe I will measure myself today and also check my bmi - I long not to be considered obese in medical notes!

Last edited by lemonthyme; 09-12-2017 at 07:53 AM.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #258  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone!!

I miss all of you. The 210’s are a bit quiet with only myself and Gemini over there. I’ve been going to the gym for the past week and finally braved the elliptical this morning! I’ve been avoiding it because I was really nervous about how my knee would be on it. It actually feels better than the the treadmill. I’m doing the weight machines and last week was all about getting comfortable in the gym again and this week I’m trying to get into a routine alternating upper & lower body weight training days. I plan on doing abs and cardio every day.

Ubee you got this!!! You know what to do. I know you can do this!!

Lemonthyme congrats on those great NSVs!!! I've never tried tumeric tea. Let us know if you decide to and how it goes

Davisag I hope your new job is going well! I’m in the process of interviewing right now after being being out of work with a torn ACL & meniscus.

Laura you are right on the border! I know you will be back in this decade before you know it!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:18 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Still here. Gonna keep at it until I get my mojo back...
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #260  

Ubee: hey you posted so I know you know we are thinking of you. Keep the faith! We all have hiccups along the way. That's what happened to my afternoon. I'm looking for any and all sweet 😳

Gemini and bopp: good going! It's wonderful when you get stick to everything with your plan and notice the shape your bodies are taking. I'm glad my upper chub roll is diminishing to gone. I now hope that space between mid thigh to mid calf starts to slim - I just see my ancestral heritage of my heavy aunts when I look in the mirror. Can I complain - I have larger legs then my brothers. Sometimes our body parts are not fair and they don't have bird legs either! And I'd love love love to pick and choose what areas trimmed up first! Sadly it's the space between my toes and my clavicle.

Still trying to salvage today. I'm grilling hamburgers tonight so I expect tomorrow I'll go back up a smidge - that and my sweet cravings today I think I did in my 236 happiness.

Off to get the grill loaded. Happy evening all!
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #261  

My body and my scale are not in agreement it would hit 235.8 and then stay there for about 10 seconds and then rest at 236.2. Alas I will face the music and just say 236.2 as there is a reason it would like to settle at the bigger number 3 times. Maybe tomorrow it will move down instead.

I had an uptick in my need for sweet yesterday afternoon. But then I stopped to think and I didn't have a lot of protein, so today I will try and get the protein in through lunch and see how I do today and hope I finally figure out my issue with the sweet need.

So today's goals:

1. Drink water
2. Up mid day protein
3. Work on adding 3 more planks to my day and upping my time to 15 seconds. Sounds pathetic I know!
4. Try to find some happiness in my day.

Ok off to barrel through the day. I'm not sure how it will go. DH and I aren't seeing eye to eye right now and its left me in a funk. Fabulous. I will try to not to eat my way to an answer or trying to feel better. Sometimes relationships are difficult and frustrating at times and his is one of them.

Happy day all - lets all keep chugging along.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:36 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 229/229/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi ladies... I am sorry I don't get on as much as I was. The job is going well. I am very excited. silly I'm excited over being a cashier lol. But it is a job that will pay the bills. I paid my car off today.

I have NOT been eating well. Stood on the scale this morning and am at 225 again. But trying to get my mind back in place.

Lemonthyme sorry to hear you going through those aggravating challenges with your husband. I do hope he begins to recognize your frustration. Change those batteries in your scale, 2 times in a week it gave you issues I think. Sweets can be very calling to us at this time of year. Keep up your protein and just figure out a fare compromise in your sweet intake.

Ubee it is great seeing you. You know we are here to support you. Maybe share our obstacle successes. You can do this.

Gemini and BoopChick
Thank you for continuing to come see us and keep us going. You are joys.

I will try and come back regularly and post updates. More than once a week. LOL I will work out a schedule for my calories, water intake, exercise and posting on it all. Hugs and I know silly, because we only know each other here, but I do love you all.
Davisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #263  

Davis: yeah for paying off things - doesn't that feel fabulous?! Enjoy your new gig and I hope you find the movement keeps you busy with your scale.

Hello all.

I hopped on the scale before bed. I might just be in luck to see a new number. It might be a stretch HOWEVER if I'm 237 at bedtime and I've eaten and had water - well then I can hope tomorrows scale will really be 2 lbs down from right now.

I'll have to wait on the batteries. I had to use the rest of my dollarstore ones in my scale so maybe that's my issue. I've been inundated w back to school bills and normal bills, so batteries were on my nice to have list if there were funds leftover. Next week is payday so I'll get reliable namebrand then.

Have you ever gone to a meeting where no one will talk to you and they just look st you like your weird and outsider? Happens every stinking time I see these two women. They know me and I them l, yet if I ever see them they will never talk to me even if I say hello and then hurriedly gossip amongst themselves. They are like nasty 7th grade girls. Sadly their kids act the same w my kids. I sometimes hate this world and the way people lack common decency or manners.

Sorry I was on my soapbox.

I have a painful tooth right now and hope I'm not needing a crown as I fear I may have cracked it or the filling as it feels a bit rough. Ugh who needs that. I loathe the price and I loathe the temporary crown and pain associated.

I'm falling apart slowly but surely.

Tomorrow DH will be helping me finish the landscape project. He took off just to help with that. Yeah! I will be glad to have that monstrosity done and maybe too I'll be a bit thinner as a result. Here's hoping.

Good luck all! I hope the scale wows us all.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:03 AM   #264  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Hey all, I'm still not in the decade, but at least the scale is starting to reverse. I'm at 241.1 down over 1.5lbs so I'm inching my way back. I'll be seeing y'all in no time!! Thanks for the encouragement!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #265  

Laura: your on the right path! Keep it coming off and you'll be breezing through here quickly.

Davis: do you get some walking in while at work, or are you corralled by your register? When I cashiered that was the hardest during those times the store was dead. Hope it goes well!

Ubee: lady - where did you go? It's the end of small town festivals these last few weeks around here. Do you have a bunch in your neck of the woods? We go to that beomuth cranberry.one and I will totally wreck my calories that day and have a gyro. There's just something about a gyro once a year if even that. It's my treat but maybe I'll split it with my little guy and then it won't be as heavy on calories. Have you been to this one?

Gemini/bopp: how are the 10s? Are you closer to the 99s? I hope it goes easily for you.

AM: 235

Well I'm doing ok. Today we will be finishing the landscape project as far as we can. That means mulch throwing and landscape fabric. And MAYBE just maybe, it will help spur on some more weight loss. I'm all for that. I'd love to be in the 220s by October but I'm sure that's a stretch to hope I'll reach. I'll just try to keep motoring.

I found yesterday that I had my string cheese and almonds in my morning and afternoon snacks and did better w/ avoiding sweet in late afternoon. I had a church function last night where there were cupcakes and totally avoided them. So I chalk that off to another learning experience and hopefully a good change.

Happy day all. I hope you all are happy w your scale. I am today, it wasn't wonky w it's crazy hopping back and forth. Batteries are on the shopping list for next week. So may the pounds fall off. I think once I'm showered I'll get all measured and maybe have DH take my photos so I have more documentation of my journey. Visuals help me.

Happy day all the week is almost done. Woot!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:19 PM   #266  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

I am still hanging in the 210's lemonthyme. This morning was 217.4
It sounds like you have a busy day! I also like nuts and cheese as a snack or small meal.

davisag I'm glad your job is going well. Congrats on paying off your car! That's fantastic I can't wait until I can say that.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 01:02 PM   #267  

1 hr 45 mins of the first phase of today's yard work and of course we ran out of staples and mulch. DH is on the run for more so we can finish it up and be done with it until next spring. I hope it grows well over winter and into spring and fills in. I like to have privacy to my yard and on the shared line the neighbor had cut everything down and then she decided to come into our yard and tell us what we needed to do. Did I ever say I shouldn't have neighbors?

So the work bodes well for maybe loosing a pound. Will see. I have probably another hour of work to get that done. So more calories hopefully gone with some work.

Enjoy your afternoons!
Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 AM   #268  

This morning I hate my scale. Why is it I do yard work and then the next day the scale goes up? ALAS: 236 today back to battling at this house heading into a weekend.

So back to the drawing board and it has become a salad day again. And lots of water. I most decidedly hate the sliding weight factor. So I'll figure it out again and try to move forward. My goals going into the weekend:

1. Get the scale back to 235 and under
2. Drink my water try for over 100 oz a day
3. Cut up and clean what veg I have here to grab for snacks
4. Make my grocery list for next week and meal plan

I think all are attainable the weight might be my only hangup but I will try my best to achieve each.

Ubee: where did you go?

Laura: are you ready to jump back in here?

Bopp and Gemini: what helps you with keeping on track over the weekend? I tend to do badly because everyone is home and it's easier to gnosh as they do.

Happy Friday and your start to the weekend. I hope this place gets a bit more lively with summer ending. I enjoy reading your journies as well and find they help spur me on to keep achieving and fighting my weight down. So please post!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #269  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Woot!! I'm back baby!! 239.3 this morning! So relieved.

I continue... Onward and downward... Have a great weekend all!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #270  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

Stuck at around 223. I lost so much weight in the first few weeks of my diet that it makes sense that I would stall for a little while but it's still frustrating. At least my clothes fit a little better. Really hoping for a whoosh tomorrow.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote