Old 11-29-2016, 11:41 AM   #496  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, kinda quiet on here right now! Hope everyone had a good holiday.

I didn't do great staying on plan, but I am back at the gym. My neck/back still hurts, but I needed to get back to doing something. I'm just going to try to not do as much.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:16 AM   #497  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Diane - Glad you're back at the gym, but very disappointed your back and neck are not getting better faster. Hope you are getting some mental and physical benefits from just going there, but wish that it were easier for you. Hope the food plan is going better. Going off plan over a weekend is not a big deal. Staying off plan is. I trust you're finding your way to where you need to be. And that I'll be able to follow your trail back there. =)

I have missed a few days posting, and I chose not to weigh in the past two Tuesdays. Every part of me wants to give up, except for that small, tiny, burning piece of me that knows that I will never be able to maintain weight loss if I give up again and again and again. I cleaned out my closet a few weeks ago, and I need new, smaller clothes. I haven't wanted to go out and buy clothes. I am wearing my super baggy spring/fall jacket over my more flattering, better-fitting clothes all of the time. I have intended to go to the gym, but haven't actually been there since last Thursday (except for last night, when I went and rode a bike for forty minutes, making it barely "doing something"). I have not detected any shrinking of my clothes, suggesting that I am not yet gaining noticeable weight, so I am relieved about that. But I did eat half of a really greasy butterflied shrimp right before bed last night. Not a big deal, except that I know eating that late, especially greasy foods, triggers heartburn for me. I woke up in the middle of the night when acid shot into my mouth. I desperately wanted to stop at McDonald's this morning for breakfast too.

So, I guess it's back to robotically walking through the motions, making the good choices because I am forcing myself to do it, not because it's natural and easy and rewarding. But there are times when I feel like I'm way too tired to brush my teeth at night. Yet, I do. Or too exhausted to get up for work / take kids to school in the morning. Yet, I do. I make dinner and complete assignments and deal with other people's drama all of the time. I do hard, unpleasant things. I will just do this until I make it to the other side -- where I am feeling better, excited to be making progress, and enjoying the energy of eating better and exercising more regularly and more vigorously.

Wednesday. Halfway through the week. Going to run this afternoon or this evening. Going to make.it.happen. And going to drink my liquids this morning and eat healthy, reasonable choices.

Hope everyone has a great day.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:04 PM   #498  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Laurie: At least going through the motions keeps you going. Sometimes I think it just has to be done half-heartedly as long as you can keep going. It is just such a tough time of year to stay perfectly on plan. Inspiration can be fleeting!!

For me, I'm not getting back to the gym as I would like. I alternate between just putting up with the back/neck pain and do what I've always done, or just not going and letting it heal. I don't know. I just don't want to go to the doctor, because I think it is getting better. Just not as far along as I would like. Makes me crazy.

Tough time of year anyway, but to add other circumstances just makes it that much harder. Sorry for the whining today....
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #499  
~*Mandy*~

S/C/G: 330.6/Ticker/<170

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!

Holiday life is busy with a toddler and a pastor in the house. Since the toddler is napping in his crib (without a fight today!) and the pastor is finishing up with a funeral, I've got a few minutes free to check in!

I think I'm pretty much recovered from my wisdom tooth surgery... One more bone/tooth shard came out (3 total) of the upper left, and it has been healing rapidly since! I still can't eat things that are super crunchy though, because the rest of my teeth are hurting a bit, like when I got my braces tightened way back when. I think that's just my teeth settling in to the new normal in my mouth. They've got a little more space.

And in diet, fitness, and weight loss news... I have started a new step bet challenge, got new batteries for my food scale, installed MFP on my new phone, and broke out the old wii walking game that is cheesy but better than walking the hallways or outside in the cold. I am using December to establish my good habits, and hoping to get close to Onederland in 2017 (and if I don't, then I hope that reason is baby #2 and not because I gave up). Tomorrow is our every-other-Friday 'stock the freezer and pantry' run to Walmart/Kroger... which means today I will be writing out my 2 week dinner plan and grocery list. Lots of chicken boobies and fish based dinners coming up!

I am going to make this happen. The kiddo is weaned to nursing twice a day (wake up and bed time) and will be moving to just bed time here soon, so I'm not worried about him losing his nutrition source. He eats the same food we do most of the time, and has started taking a multivitamin too, so he is not getting much from the boob juice anymore and I can cut my calories to focus on my weight loss without stressing a loss of production there. SO YAY!

My typical weight loss pattern in the past has had me losing approx 50 pounds in 7 months... usually about 9 or 10 pounds a month to start, then I start slacking the last couple. I am currently right around 290, one of my goals is to hit 250 by my anniversary (May 21). And then *NOT* giving up as I have in the past. Gotta stay focused this time!
FeraFilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #500  

Good afternoon!

Diane - I am going to do what I seldom do, even with my own kids. Imma tell you what to do. You can, of course, choose to tell me it's none of my business. I don't actually expect you to obey me because you think I have any sort of authority over you. But, sometimes, we caretakers need someone to push us into taking care of ourselves, so here goes. Go to the doctor, woman! Get an appointment today (which will actually be tomorrow by the time you read this, I am guessing). Or go to an urgent care / walk-in clinic. I assume you have insurance? If not, I know it's a much bigger commitment. But this is a serious health issue, and it is impacting your daily life. You need to get it resolved.

I agree with all you say about half-heartedly going through the motions. I am going to continue to do that. Fake it 'til i make it, right?

Mandy - So relieved to hear that your wisdom tooth issues are in the past, or at least, pretty much in the past. You are on this weight loss / maintenance thing! It's nice that, after giving a couple of years to your baby boy's nutritional needs, you can again focus more specifically on your needs. And I hear you on the losing well for multiple months only to lose momentum. That's where I'm at now. We can do this. And we can keep doing this.

I didn't actually run last night. And my C25K app sent me a nagging reminder about my dusty running shoes. C'mon, C25K. It's only been a week. Back off.

Going to head to the gym tonight. Staying on course today with food. Going to hit the gym hard, and then cut off any food by 8:30. (We don't actually eat dinner until 8 on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to the 6:30 appointment with the gym.)

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:07 PM   #501  

I started my post about six hours ago, but got distracted and am only now returning...

Good morning!

Quick check-in. I've been thinking about you, though, Diane. Hope you're starting to feel much better.

I went running last night. I did 2 rounds of 3 minutes running, 90 seconds walking, 5 minutes running, 2.5 minutes walking. The last 30 seconds of each run, I pushed it from 5.1 to 6.2, which is very fast for me. I did not, however, complete the final five minute running interval. I chose to run instead of to lift, as I had not run for so long. I need to just break through the barrier -- suck it up, buttercup -- and just run a mile already. Then see where I go from there. So, either today or tomorrow, I will run a mile.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:58 AM   #502  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ooops . . . This thread has broken the magic limit of 500 posts.

Would one of the recent posters start the new thread?
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote