Old 02-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Les: Part of me doesn't want to go dig in 9 zillion totes int he basement - hey it's been another albatross of mine. Dealing with reorganizing the basement. My DH is to helpmeet, but he keeps finding all sorts of other things he can do instead. I have no clue where to look, but I should go find them, maybe I will have a pleasant surprise. Good for you on your weight. I don't know what to suggest to you, other than perhaps upping your movement. How is your weight lifting going? Or perhaps a total change to what you have been doing exercise wise.

AM: My mouth hurts, but it's no longer reactive like it was w/the temp. Thank goodness! That was horrible and only chewing on one side for two weeks gets old. Did I loose tons of weight NO, but maybe it helped.

Did hop on the scale - less my breakfast give/take I am holding at 230. So hopefully soon here I will feel the gumption to trudge out into the cold, either late or early and move. That seems to help. Today is a hard day, sugar calls my name now that my tooth doesn't freak when I eat it. I am trying hard, but not winning the Fat Tuesday battle!

I changed my avatar - I figured if I could remind myself 25 lbs is 5 bags of flour, I am doing ok then. So when I can hit 152 - that will be 20 bags - I don't think I go through that many even in a year. Sometimes I do better w/visual prompts to cheer me on. I was going to do milk jugs but they weigh approx 8.6 lbs and that wasn't too motivating.

Anyone have any fun Valentines day celebrations planned? I don't I'm looking for ideas.
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #92  

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well. I am just beyond warm right now but I have been rushing around to get my kids ready for school. I just made Irish Oats - not sure how well they;ll stick with me, I did pair w/my string cheese so a bit of protein. I know Irish oats are a heavier type and I threw in some chia to help w/feeling full. Who knows if it will work.

Colder than heck out right now - sure it's been worse, but I am about at the end of wanting winter to hang around. I am glad it's lighter in the evenings now - that's always a hard thing to deal with so I always turn the lights on every place in the house I am. Not good for the electric bill, but I am one who likes her light.

Weight - still at 230 today.Since it's ash wednesday then maybe I will actually do a bit better w/the fasting. Who knows. I can't' drink my coffee yet, brushed w/my special fluoride paste and that has to sit for 30 mins. Just thinking of these two things I swear I am already in the 220s! One can be optimistic. Hah.

I am having an issue trying to find the right time for me to go work out. Of late it's been too cold to have the desire to get out of bed and go or go before bed. But I need to and just do it. I guess Nike did have a point w/their statement advert back in the day.

Hope everyone is well. I wasn't good yesterday tracking calories and sugar got the best of me. Today I aim to be better. Well, I guess I started it off ok - I just shoveled the drifts on sidewalk and drive that DH kept walking past. Of late he's been good at being lazy much to my chagrin. Oh well. It was 20 mins of exercise I hadn't planned on.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 02-10-2016 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:17 AM   #93  

Quiet around here! I am posting to keep myself focused and fairly honest with my diet. I had my happy colored meal this morning - it was tasty! Something about all that color packed into one meal when it's so cold outside and white, well it brings sunshine to your belly!

I have to get insurance and the clinic squared away today, seems the HSA and the insurance aren't in cahoots w/the clinic. Once that's done all will be good again. Seems my kids have filled in the deductible amount already this year - it's February! Anyone else w/kids finds this happens so soon?

I shoveled some more yesterday and I hope tonight finally things slow down enough so I can go hang out w/the lunk heads. Perhaps they are on their way elsewhere by now. I am trying to get DH to go every other day from me, but thus far the response is maybe. He's getting bigger and he doesn't need that at all. So if I can make small encouragements to try, even if it's just walking or lifting some weights, then maybe he will see the benefit.

Happy day to you all! Enjoy your love weekend! Have fun w/all that you have planned to do. I haven't planned thus far. Slowly getting there. Alas, life keeps moving, I am hopeful - so does my weight - OFF that is.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:45 AM   #94  
Work in Progress

I have been lurking... as every time I went to post I got interrupted..
Anyway still on track
Challenge:
SW 246
GW 241...
CW 241! Very happy with that..
Still tapering my pain med so I can start the Contrave. You have to be off for 10 days before starting.. Worried about the fibro pain in the transition...
Still no candy no sweets... My cal intake has been on the higher end...But I guess if the scale is moving the right way...
Got an 18 min mile in yesterday up to 3.3 MPH.. my short stubby legs were moving!
Gave myself permission to indulge for Valentines day... kinda worried about it.so concentrating on today and tomorrow to compensate

Sorry LT for not posting..

Glad you are moving forward!
How is everyone else doing?
1fralick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:49 AM   #95  

Pat: How are you doing? Good to see your weight is looking good! You can do this as well!

Fire:
How is the mouth healing?

Picture: Did you break under 200?

Les: Did you hit your goal yet?

AM: I need to get back to the gym - but this week will be a spotty week to try as DH goes on a traveling business trip for the next few days and I can' t go during the day easily nor can I leave my kids on their own. SO I will have to do something like run up and down my stairs or go shovel the driveway, but I am seriously hoping it doesn't snow the next few days. Ick.

I don't think I have been shrinking - rather probably rounding on up - DH took me to lunch yesterday, though I only ate 1/2 of it and set the rest aside for a second meal, I had a soda. Not a diet. So today I feel rounder, didn't bother with the scale because I did have a few pieces of chocolate as well. hey it was valentines!

Otherwise all is just in forward motion, however today I awoke tired and I am still that way. I have a feeling it's because I haven't been sleeping through the night the last few, wake up for an hour or two and then fall into a sleep that has weird dreams. Who needs that?! Then my LO usually crawls in around 430 and I generally get kicked as he settles in between me and DH. Lets just say a few nights of solid sleep would be great!

Hope everyone is well! And shrinking just fine.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:52 PM   #96  
Work in Progress

Happy Monday...
Off today... Went to the y to do a yoga class that was standing room only.... So that didn't work did some mall walking instead.... Got the scale down to 240.5 and went back to 242... Hopefully back to 241 by Wednesday...had a nice valentines w/e.. Did indulge in a piece of cake ( hence the scale jump) .. Pleased to say we were the coldest place in the nation yesterday.... So yes LT winter sucks.. And I am over it...

Nothing like a break in the routine to keep us from things LT... Hoping you have a good week..

How is everyone else doing?
Old 02-16-2016, 05:00 PM   #97  
Work in Progress

So weather of all types continues here.. 2 white knuckle drives to/from work. Got back on the treadmill this am and really need to rethink my weekends. What I eat, how much I move. Won't be happy with my weigh in tomorrow. Will be less than what I started but could have been better. Will be able to start the Contrave next Wednesday. I keep seeing spring in 5 weeks posts on Facebook... Can't come quick enough.

Spent some time at the mall yesterday looking at spring clothes and colors. Committed to no clothes buying until I need too.

So LT how is your week going? WHen does DH come home?
Firewife are you still lurking? How are you doing with the soft drink?
LGF how is the calorie counting going?
PF how are you doing? Is your family rid of all the sickness?
OK ladies another day fighting the good fight!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:01 PM   #98  

Pat: Hey it was the holiday of love - the cake will come off! Hope today looked better for you on the scale.

Hello violets! You all are missing! Hope all is well! WEIGH IN TOMORROW.

AM:
I am holding between 230-231, but tomorrow is the day to post our losses. Good or bad, I am less then the small challenge started, and one day I will get comfortably into the 220s. I just don't know when.

Life has been crazy nuts and DH is traveling the next few days for work. Doesn't happen often but puts me on high activity, well it just seems that way w/o him here. I have to make sure everyone gets to where they need to be in a timely manner.

There is this girl in my neighborhood - I'd say about 13, she's homeschooled and she's always trying to hang w/the kids (mine included who are under 8). I find her kind of creepy. I mean, probably innocent and just trying to find other girls in the neighborhood to talk to, but when she's befriending a 6 year old, I find that an odd age gap of interests especially. What are all your thoughts on such? I told DD to be friendly, but not really engage beyond a hello.

Ok - so my best to you all. Look forward to everyones accomplishments!
Old 02-17-2016, 05:38 AM   #99  
Work in Progress

Good morning,
will post scale results later.
LT that is a hard call... But I agree with your guidance. I think socialization can be a challenge for those that home school. Which might be what you are seeing in her behavior.

So been thinking about the mental aspect of changing behaviors to support weight loss.. Been about 9 weeks. And I find myself fighting complacency or rationalization for my choices. Still no candy buying and eating, still logging food. Daily cal totals are at the higher end and find carbs creeping in... So a lot of mental gymnastics...

I am hoping for another 5# loss between now and Easter. 7# would make a 20# loss. But I would have to hunker down which I think I need to do anyway!!

Anyway ladies as always thanks for being here!
Off to the treadmill
Old 02-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #100  
Work in Progress

Weigh in
SW 246
GW 241
CW 240 Very happy with that!
Old 02-17-2016, 04:25 PM   #101  

SW: 235
CW: 231
GW: 230

Well, I didn't get 5 off, but kept it at 4. That's better than being 239 in my book. I will continue to keep trudging and trying to move it off.

Happy day to you all! I am so far behind being the one parent this week, I'll catch up more after DH returns home. Let's see the rest of you that took pounds off! I am happy that the small challenge was a help!
Old 02-17-2016, 10:46 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 230/150/150

Height: 5'7

I am back up today, so I only lost 1 pound this time. I think it's just TOM water retention though, but we will see. Feeling great otherwise, and I hope you are all are doing just as well!
LesGetFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:34 AM   #103  
Work in Progress

That is awesome everyone! the scale keeps going in the right direction! Little by little great success

LT you are 1 # from the 220's that is worth a woohoo.. How much longer are you a single parent?
LGF you are 18# from your goal weight 1.5 dress sizes...
FW how goes it ?
PF how are you?

I struggled a little bit yesterday afternoon, thank goodness there is no snack machine in my building...Tried to satiate myself with iced tea.. Got up to 2.5 on the treadmill. Trying to get from 7500 steps to 10000. In my job I just sit and when the weather improves I can add a lunch time walk. My clothes are looser and was able to ZIP and button size 22 jeans. Now I can't breathe or eat wearing them but baby steps :-)

You all have a great day and fight the fight!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #104  

Does anyone else see the crazy kirstie alley ad in their post if they are the bottom? I get she's lost weight again- but I am kind of tired of her, plus while standing in the checkout lane I seem to recall some rag had the headline these women have all had surgery helps to get their weight loss. Any who - I'd like to not be reminded by her photoshopped face on a daily basis.

Pat: Good for you! Smaller clothes is always nice and you will mind more room in them soon enough to accommodate for lifes activities! Breathing included. Mine have felt a tad snug this week but I think that goes with daily changes. Hang in there and you will find ways of boosting your steps, even if it means parking one row further to walk a bit more. It didn't come on in a day and each day you do well, you are one step closer to loosing a bit more!

Les: Hello! Hey -you are doing just fine even if it is one lb - you are under 200! Good for you!

Hello all!

AM:
Crazy nuts - pick up DH tonight so that will be a big help and make things feel a bit slower again. It's not that my load has increased, but it feels like it has. Maybe it's because of all the extra running. Who knows. But it will be good to have him home again.

Its suppose to be close to 50 tomorrow! I am so ready for the snow to go and get spring underway. Here's hoping that's soon. The snow is the end of season dirty and old looking. Cars are loaded with salt, I am tired of schlepping around in my boots (the big heavy sorel kind). And multiple layers of clothes - well if I needed extra padding this look would be for me! So welcome to spring, I'll take it however it comes.

Anyone have cute outfit ideas? I know - we are older so cute might not be the right word for our attire - but any ideas of something that you think will be nice w/and for the change of seasons? What color may you gravitate for as it warms up? I am thinking a warm salmon or orange (but not pumpkin). Will see, in what form it takes, I don't know.

Happy day all! I am off to deal w/my mountain of laundry.
Old 02-19-2016, 05:42 AM   #105  
Work in Progress

Hey all... So looking at Friday been a long week for some reason. I too can't wait for warmer days. We have freezing rain in the forecast today again. Send those 50's my way LT. For some reason I am not sleeping well at night and that colors each day... Outfits I'd go for appropriately cute.. Love the salmon color which I saw a lot of when I was window shopping last weekend. Smaller sizes too. I do have some 2x and 20's from the last time I was smaller... looking forward to that.

So the weekend looms Goal to be more active and keep the cal and carb counts lower than before...

Have a great day all and thanks for being there