Old 08-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Ubee: Looks good - though I don't have half the items called for. ut maybe I will make a variation of.

Laura: Safe travels - enjoy the local food scene! I hope you are going somewhere totally new to you.

FDDM: Well, I'd rather a beachhouse not have wifi - you are there to enjoy the sun, surf and family. Thats what is to be expected! The last time I was to a beach house was in 2012. I miss something like that.

AM: Well, now over my pout about the scale not moving, I am doing better. I'm munching away on breakfast finally, I have laundry in, have bills to start paying and apples to get in the dehydrator. I just hope the wasps and bees stay out of my house. In the past when I core and peel apples the scent must be strong enough to draw those buggers on in. Nothings worse then having 6 yellowjackets chasing you around your kitchen.

I do hope those 230s are closer tomorrow. I don't know if I should short my calories more or not to help that budge. The moving tends to help but I am on that every other day schedule. Not that 16 mins is that big of a help - but you get my picture.

Off to do battle!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

lemonthyme I bought a spiralizer today now I just have to find fresh zucchini.

Hi FatDoesn'tDefineMe and Laura!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #333  

Ubee: you'll have to let me know on the spiralizer. I chunked up the zuke we had last night and my little one kept sneaking pieces before I threw it in the pan to warm up. I had to laugh because it's not one he's gravitated toward in the past though he likes fruit and veg in general I've never had an issue introducing. Funny thing is he hates pasta. I haven't figured out why.

Hello all!

AM: I hopped on the scale today and came in at 239.4! But I'm hoping it's not short lived as we are traveling w family this weeeknd throughout the Midwest and though you may try to eat well sometimes it comes back to sit on you. So here's to being happy about 239. Even if come next week I go up a pound I'll be ok w/that. I'll try to load road snacks with almonds and string cheese, fruit and my meals I'll try to do my best w/ counting my calories since it will be eat out meals each day.

I don't know if I'll be on here too much but will definitely return come Monday. Thank you for cheering me on I hope, the 30s aren't too hard to shove through. They were last year and that's where I fell off my journey. So I do hope to keep this all up and I'll turn here for encouragement and help. I find that helps me out immensely.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:39 AM   #334  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

LemonThyme! Congrats on hitting the next decade!! You still have a couple days to 'lose' before the weekend, right? Try to front-fill some loss so that the inevitable weekend gain isn't too bad.

We hit the road tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. I've been tracking my food on MFP all week and so far have either lost or maintained. I'm a bit of a control freak so not knowing the nutritional content of my foods is going to be a challenge. I'll focus on low-carb where I can and try to keep my fats in check (rarely does catered or restaurant food have healthy fats). My office is bringing in food for all the weekend shifts but it's far from gourmet (more like pizza, fried chicken etc). I'm going to be on my own for some meals and the hotel restaurant is quite nice. The chef has a garden out back from which he gets his fresh greens and vegetables. I have set aside some time on Friday morning to enjoy the hotel pool and get some exercise in. I've not exercised since last Tuesday and am feeling almost ready to resume. I am working the evening shift on Friday and the day shift on Sunday so my off time is limited.

Husband and I are going out for dinner tonight since we'll be apart for so long. When I get back from Charlotte, he leaves the next day for a few days there, so we'll be like ships in the night.

Happy Hump day all!! Keep up the good work!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #335  

Laura I know you are taking a break from Medifast but maybe you want to take a few emergency foods along in case you get in a pickle? If you don't need it great. If you do need it you have it. Have a nice meal out with hubby and I wish you both safe travels.

lemomthyme! on getting into the 230's! I agree with Laura you have a few days to get down before the weekend. Is there any mental trick you can do to help you stay on plan better over the weekend? I like to visualize a number a few down from where I am on the scale. I will let you know about the spiralizer. Did you try the soda experiment yet?

Hi FatDoesn'tDefineMe. How are you doing?

Kim get back here. Now is not the time to disappear.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #336  

Laura: safe travels! good luck too with your on the road diet. It can be hard that's for certain. We had the other night a quick stop at mcdonald's, and I tossed the bun. My DH thought I was being crazy and overdramatic. I said, the darn bun is 150 calories. I will take a bite of it, but then just eat the burger. Because it was the only place we could stop at the time and the kids were hungry. Alas - you find what works for you and get on with it.

FDDM: How goes your weight loss? I know you had your weekend away and that can be hard so I hope your scale has been nice to you thus far this week.

Ubee: How did the spiralizer work? I will popping over to the 230 thread AGAIN - with hopes I can leave those 20 lbs and keep on moving. Keep good thoughts for my food fight this weekend. I will try my darnedest to keep the food at bay.

Best wishes all for a good week and fun weekend ahead.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:46 AM   #337  

Good morning everyone! Let's make this a great day and weekend!

lemonthyme I love the grilled southwest salad at McDonald's. I don't add any dressing to it I just squeeze that lime and mix it up. If I am taking it home I add salsa and sour cream. The bun not only adds calories but for me it adds water weight and cravings for sweets.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #338  

Ubee: thanks on the reminder about salads at mcds. I always forget about them. We traveled last night to my moms also in state however while the rest of the family ate fast food I brought my big bowl of salad. Sure I looked funny in sure but I did try to do well.

Hello all!

AM: I'll keep posting here for a while until I feel confident in my 230s and I'll cheer you on FDDM and whomever else is still here. Right now I'm still waking up.

I looked in the mirror last night as I was readying for bed. And here I noticed that my collar bone is emerging ever so little but a little bit more than in the past few months. I will count this as a nice surprise NSV.

Happy weekend to you all. Now I'm off for breakfast, buying a new toilet and travel. May you all be sporting good scales!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #339  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies! Work has been super busy, but I wanted to quickly check in!

Lemonthyme 230s!!! Yay! That is super exciting!

I have a spiralizer and love it! Zoodles are a staple in my house.

I'm down two pounds, so still hovering in the low 240s. I'm going to meet you in the 230s soon enough!
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:33 AM   #340  

FDDM: good for dropping down further! You'll get there soon. Where does one find a spiralizer? Hey this mom can have a few new things too.

Ubee: how does your scale look today?

Laura: hope travel diet is going as best it can!

AM: I got up early and made a salad and egg for today. I've got fresh fruit and nuts for the long car ride. Hopefully these simpler things will help as we travel 9 hours. I haven't researched out the rest of the meals because it's a quasi family reunion we are doing so I don't know if there will be more gathering or not. But at least I can start off my trip right.

i haven't been on a scale now for 2 days. That's can be detrimental to me in the past. But I'm logging all I eat. Yesterday was above but aim to do better today and the rest of this trip.

My best to you all. Here's to good eating habits and downward scales.

Last edited by lemonthyme; 08-18-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:58 PM   #341  

lemonthyme I got my spiralizer at Shopko. Hope you have a great trip and stay below 240!

FDDM you are getting so close. You can do this!

I am being so good and the scale continues to inch downward. I am starting to notice my clothes are getting loose so I am going to raid my daughters closet.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:27 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 242/242/140

Starting today at 242 pounds. Hope (or I guess I should say plan) to be out of the 240s in a few days!!
JDRogers06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 08:52 AM   #343  

Welcome JD!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:14 AM   #344  
ready to succeed

S/C/G: 251/257/160

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Things are still pretty hectic right now, but this group has been so helpful to me, I want to try and keep it active. I had an eventful weekend celebrating my sister's birthday and enjoying the weather, so I will stay away from the scale for today!

I got my spiralizer on Amazon.

Welcome JD you are so close to the next decade! very exciting!

Ubee how are you doing?
FatDoesntDefineMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:41 AM   #345  

FDDM I am doing well. I had my feast yesterday but still behaved and limited my portions. The scale did not tick up. Sounds like you had a nice weekend and are ready to get back at it today.
The support on this thread and the 230-220's is so helpful! I also feel it is very important to keep it and us active!