Old 07-19-2014, 02:57 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Ohh boy. I drank. A lot yesterday. Anyone know the calorie count in a vodka mixed drink? Nevermind, I don't want to know! haha Call me crazy, but it was my first time really getting drunk. I've had drinks before but never passed buzzed, so I had a good time And ate more pizza. haha

But anyway, thanks for the positive reinforcement guys. I really appreciated coming here to see that, and it truly felt good to read your encouragement.

Paulitens - That is awesome about your brother!!!! Soak up every minute of it! Oh happy for you that you can go back to normal..I know how frustrating those sorts of 'visits' can be, I had one myself. Almost completely derailed me back then!

Frances - Congrats on your anniversary How many years are we talkin'!? Anyway, sounds like a good plan to keep moving. And sight-seeing is a great way to get your fitness in without you or anyone else having to feel like you're 'working out.' Kudos to you on keeping it up through your trip

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-19-2014 at 02:58 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #302  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hope the drinking and pizza was fun! I think days are fun are needed on occasion. My fiance and I LOVE LOVE going out. Most times, I get from the light menu, get a to-go box before the meal starts and put half my food in it before eating. I get water or unsweetened tea. It's still nice to go out, but I'm planning on going to a killer restaurant when my CPA's are passed to celebrate and I am eating what I gosh darned with sprinkles on top want, with wine.

Scale moved down! YAY a few more downs and I'll be in the 170 thread! YAY!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:05 PM   #303  

^I'm with ya on that. Without some fun every once in a while you can become high-strung and tense, stressed, and that isn't healthy either! Congrats on the loss, we'll miss you when you leave us!

I'm really excited to do a test run of clean eating this week. I've joined a group/challenge where the moderator has provided menus, recipes, and shopping lists of idea for clean eating for 1 week. I figure, why not just try it? Even if I only manage to do it 85% of the way, I will be improving my diet. Right now I eat low cal, but not necessarily clean, and there's definitely room for nutritional upgrading. And after my little 4 day pizza hop/drinking I'm only up to 182.4, so I can deal with that!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend
Old 07-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #304  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

MarliQQ -- Hahaha! That's hilarious! I don't know when my brother will be visiting, though. I thought he had come to the States for a congress (he's a scientist) but apparently he came to work on some sort of research. The uncertainty fills me with anticipation and happiness; I can't wait!

RiotGirl -- you almost got derailed!? Lucky! I got completely derailed! But although physically I have gone crazy with what I put in my tummy, mentally I'm still motivated to go back. The hard thing now is getting my husband back into that groove because he got a gastric sleeve last August and he can eat a little bit of candy and cookies here and there, and still lose. Before his parents showed up we didn't buy ANY of that stuff because of me. When his parents came those bad habits slowly crept in; so yesterday after his parents left he went to the store and bought a whole bunch of junk. Of course, I ate a whole bunch of that junk because "it was there." He told me "well, you don't have to eat it just because I bought it!" and I'm like "are you kidding me!? If you buy it, I'll eat it, so don't buy ANY of it" (I was saying this while I was stuffing my face with a Nutty Bar ). My message was clear enough. He won't buy junk anymore so I can get back on track as I want. Crossing my fingers he'll go back to his old supportive self...

This morning I was 174.6 -- not too bad considering my baby's growing, and I've been eating really poorly for the past weeks.

Last edited by Paulitens; 07-20-2014 at 10:37 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Well, the bad eating seems to be going around! I ate tortilla chips and way too many of them yesterday. Decided to wait until 2 to open my eating window today and I'm back on track. I expect to see that weight show up in the next couple of days. 178.6 today.... we'll see tomorrow
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #306  

It's like a virus...we're infected!!!

Today was Day 1 of my clean eating week, and it went super well, completely on plan. I was amazed at how full and energized I felt all day..nothing too extreme, but the difference was apparent. I've been a calorie counter since day 1, and I'm finding that this diet puts me over my calorie goal almost every single day (before exercise), but I'm trying not to pay attention to that aspect right now, as I know I'm doing my body a favor giving it real nutrients as opposed to low cal foods. Fingers are crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #307  

Someone kept their fingers crossed for me, 'cause I'm 179.2 today! (And check out my ticker...almost half way!! Omg!)

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-22-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #308  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in so everyone knows I'm still alive. I'm still bouncing between 182 and 189 - this is a tough spot to get past.

I'm kinda bored with the whole weight loss thing to be honest, that doesn't mean I'm giving up - I've come too far to lose ground. But I'm not as obsessive as I once was about posting here. I am still counting calories, doing my daily exercises, and working to get this last 20-30 pounds off. I am def going to keep going, but I need to mix up my daily routine a bit.

I hope everyone is doing well. Til next time :-)
Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #309  

Height: 5'7"

XRiotGirl - WOOOOOOO for the 170s! CONGRATULATIONS - you're doing so great!

Lilith - Good to see you again! Your weight loss has been really inspiring to me! We were in the ONEDERLAND thread together but you zoomed right past me (I plateaued there for a while!). Several people that were in that group don't seem to post any more - not sure if they've fallen off the wagon or what - but I'm glad to see that you're still around and doing well!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #310  

Llilith!! I have been feeling the same way and that is a danger area for me. You have done great and you look great, don't let boredom take you down. Find some new recipes, focus on maintaining for a bit and stay with it. I weigh daily - I know that I can get obsessive, but when I stop, I gain. Having understood that I choose to let the scale drive me a little crazy so I can stop any binge behavior.

Weighed in at 178.8 today, up a bit.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM   #311  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Congrats on the 170s guys!

Also, I understand "Getting bored" with it. But really, if you think of it as just a lifestyle, no different than brushing your teeth, it can't get that boring right? I get not measuring every inch, but don't let it go!
I also get on the scale every day. Keep at it!

Also, I totally lost 3 inches off my bum.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 AM   #312  

Lilith - It's great that you still check in here, even if you do feel that you're falling away. I think everyone gets 'bored' every once in a while and especially around the point that we're at - we've been doing this for a while now, it has lost its novelty and results are either few and farther in between, or just at the same pace with no surprises or special news...just remember what you are working toward and how far you have come. And of course, don't be afraid to take a maintenance break for a little while, that's what I did. We are in this for life, so sometimes we're gonna just want to relax for a minute, you know? Actually, I really like what lotsakids has written in her signature, it kinda runs along the same lines and it has a lot of truth to it. You'll find your footing again soon, just try not to stress over it.

Frances - Thank you! You are too sweet

kurisitaru - Congrats on the loss!! 3 inches is quite a loss!

Day 2 of my clean eating is coming to a close, and already I am craving pizza again. O.O When I made my shopping trip for the week, I also threw in some (very expensive) frozen pizzas that I've been dyingg to try and they are absolutely calling my name right now...Must. Resist!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 07-23-2014 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:12 AM   #313  

Well everyone, I'm down another pound this morning. At 178.2 I think I am officially calling it. It was really nice getting to know all of you through this decade, and I hope to see some of you down in the 170's soon!! Let's be honest though, I will probably still be keeping up with this thread anyway haha.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #314  

Still 178.8 today but it's all good Gearing up for a very busy week next week. My friend and her kids are moving in and we have a week full of VBS coming. Still waiting to find those lazy summer days. Not this year!!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:44 PM   #315  

Height: 5'7"

XRiotGirl - I am a few ounces - ounces!! - from 185, so I hope to see you in the ***170s thread*** (WOOOOO!) before too long! Congrats!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote