Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #361  
"Evolution Required"

S/C/G: 250/Ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Ladies!

So I learned of this website MyBodyGallery.com sometime ago. But I finally out of curiosity plugged in some parameters to see what pics were posted near my goal weight. I was surprised by the range of fitness at my goal weight--and honestly it has me questioning my own goal weight now . Like for instance, do I want to lose more than goal, and then build up enough muscle to make it back to goal ??? Makes me realize that maintenance may cause me more grief than I originally thought. It will be an adventure all on it's own--and I am actually looking forward to the challenge .
MarliQQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:18 PM   #362  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I can't wait for maintenance. My goal weight is 5lbs under my max BMI for a healthy weight. I think muscle building/toning will be a good thing. I've lost weight a lot in the past, and always stop and go back to the gaining. I want to know what it's like to maintain for once.

I also have an app that has a "cartoon" depiction of someone your weight and height, and then a cartoon of someone the weight you want. When you open it up, it phases from your starting weight, to current weight, to goal weight. It sucks at first, because you only see fat and a thin person, but then weeks in, you see change in the "Cartoon" and ... it's helpful.

I'm also at 190 this morning! I'm hoping an extra run tonight will push me into the 180 thread tomorrow! YAY!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
. I saw someone in the picture and I couldn't tell who it was I was thinking to myself "Who's the fat girl.... I don't recognize her...." And it dawned on me... the shirt she was wearing, that was the shirt I was wearing. I was the fat girl I didn't recognize.

OH WELL

That happens to me all the time in the Mall. I'll walk past one of those big mirrors they have in the stores and see this fat woman wearing the same outfit as I'm wearing. It startles me to realize that it's me I'm looking at! In my mind's eye, I still see myself at 130. I still have a pair of pants and a skirt from those days, and when I look at them I'm in disbelief that I ever wore them. They only fit half way around now.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-14-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Wannabehealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #364  

Height: 5'7"

MarliQQ, it's so funny that you brought that up about maintenance, because I've just been thinking about my goal weight. I have it set at 165 - 10 pounds thinner than I've ever been as an adult, except for one brief summer when I was really sick for 2 months and got down to the 150s. But lately I've been re-evaluating it. Surely, for my build and height, I could be 155. It's scary to think about it. I'll have to see what happens when I hit goal!

K - congrats on almost being in the 180s!!!!

Wannabehealthy - I've got clothes like that too. I saved them for just in case, but I find it hard to believe that I ever wore them or could wear them again!
Frances123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #365  

A quick post today to say that I spontaneously weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.8 pounds, to 192!!!! It feels unreal because I've gone from 197.4 (June 6) to 192....over 5 pounds in a little over a week! I know that a couple pounds of that was water bloat. The ONLY think I've done differently was cut out sugar and cut my carbs from 150 g/day to 115 g/day, and up my fat (so my daily supper is now 3 eggs, 3 pieces of full-fat bacon, a sprinkle of cheese, and ONE piece of toast with butter, and breakfast is now FULL FAT yogurt instead of 0%. Lunch is smoothie: milk, fruit, and veggies). Same amount of calories as before. I've lost the stubborn bloat I've had for a month and am dropping again! Who would've thought that adding FAT would speed up weight loss?!?!?!?!?
Old 06-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #366  
Getting my life back

Wannabehealthy: I do the mirror thing all the time. It's so sad when you see "someone" walking next to you or towards you and you think "bigger girl" like... you actually make the connection that that person is fat, and then you look over to inspect them and realize it's you. I'm not saying that every time I see someone over weight I think "OMG What a Hefer!" or anything, I'm just saying in your mindset you realize they are overweight, no different than if you realized someone had blond hair. It's a shame when you see you and realize it, and it's not that "you are your worst critic" moment, it's that you just know you're big and there is NO wording that can change that. That's why we are here though. To do better and not have that. I also see myself as thin in my mind, and then get a glimpse in a mirror.

Frances123: Thank you! And congrats yourself! It's amazing how fat can help us. It's why so many people are anti "fat free." I think sometimes we just need to figure out what our bodies need and don't need. If we need a lot of energy, carbs are probably a great idea (think muscle building) but if we are sedentary a lot, we aren't really burning that energy and our muscles aren't using it, so we store. At that point our body needs something a little different. Congrats on the drop!

I made it threw one week on track, and I think I can continue to do this. I just am scared when the scale stops and progress ends, I'll lose motivation. It happens a lot. I tell myself that even if I get "stuck" at a number, I feel better when I'm eating healthier, eating and exercising will lower stress and depression, it will keep me from gaining, and, it can't stay stuck forever if you are honestly eating less calories than you are burning. It has to drop. I'm just hoping to make a good dent before that evil plateau hits.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #367  
"Evolution Required"

Hey Ladies!

Today is my official weigh-in today and I peeked at 190!!! Should be happier, but I already seem to be starting what I call an anxiety filled day. So the scale "surprise" didn't really give me as much excitement as it would have on a normal day....

Frances123 Congrats!!! I am excited for us all to be moving along together!!

kurisitaru Yeah, plateaus do suck, which is why I do encourage keeping measurements, because to me it is the best way to see if you are doing something wrong. Measurements and scale IMO should not both be at a stand still for more than a few weeks. Helps keep motivation when you feel like you have nothing left to give.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #368  
Getting my life back

I'm 189 this morning! I am going on to the 180s thread! YAY. I have a feeling I will see some of you there really soon! HUZZAH!

Last edited by kurisitaru; 06-17-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:27 PM   #369  
"Evolution Required"

Congrats kurisitaru !!!! I hope to see you soon too!!
Old 06-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #370  

Kurisitaru and MarliQQ - WOOOOO! You are both doing great! Congrats! Kurisitaru, I hope to be seeing you in the 180s thread really, really soon. And MarliQQ, you're so close!

Wannabehealthy and noname - how are you guys doing this week?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #371  
Getting my life back

I hope to see you all over there really soon! You're all so very close!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #372  
"Evolution Required"

Hello Ladies!

Still 190 today, so it looks stable for now. I say that because since I added a new workout, I am bracing myself for a possible bump up in weight. Since it has not happened yet, I am hoping that I am in the clear, however I have read that the first week is always easy for Ripped in 30.
Anywho, on to what scared me this morning. My Dad comes over and proceeds to explain that he would like for a family gathering at the BEACH! IN JULY! THE BEACH! THE BEACH! Sorry still trying to wrap my head around that one...I don't know yet how I am going to wiggle out of this one. I am certainly too self conscious for beach attire right now, legs are fine, but the belly is not even a pooch yet . I hope I don't get guilt tripped for missing this fam event...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #373  

MarliQQ - I say, go to the beach. You've worked so hard, lost over 50 pounds, and you're almost in the 180s! You deserve to reward yourself instead of depriving yourself of a fun beach day with family. Not going says, "I don't think I'm good enough to be seen." Be proud!! You can always wear a swimsuit with a cute skirt.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #374  

Oh, and I'm maintaining at 192. TOM, so that's okay with me!
Old 06-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #375  
Deal Witch

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/160

Height: 5'2"

MarliQQ - I'm in the 180's thread right now but still subscribed to receive updates here and I saw your post. We just went to Hawaii and I want to share my beach pic with you. The point is - even if you hadn't already lost over 50 pounds, you deserve to be comfortable in your own skin and to enjoy yourself. Other people aren't looking at us nearly as much as we think they are anyway.

So, from one woman to another - ROCK a bathing suit on the beach and ENJOY yourself. :-)

Llilith is offline   Reply With Quote