Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:00 AM   #121  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

Diana you amaze me Congrats on having a nice weekend/staying on plan/and enjoying yourself while you were at it! I'm sending you a prayer and good luck that there won't be any allergy problems arising
I love it when restaurants have their nutritional info. posted like that. Our burger king here in town has that too. I've found some other places have a little brochure available if you ask them at the counter too, usually depends if they have any left.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Morning. I can't believe it's Monday already... Didn't get a chance to weigh in yesterday, although it wasn't pretty. Probably leftover weight gain from Friday night's dinner b/c I was up 2.4 or something to 197.4. But I had a great workout yesterday as a study break (my exam is tomorrow) and I was on track with my food and water. This morning I was rewarded with a loss of 1.5 to 195.9. So I'm making my way down. I feel like I've been in the 90s forever, and I really really want to get out of them.

As a side note, I received a phone call on the train home on Friday, from this place I had applied to for a job. Well it turns out the HR lady I spoke with was working through the weekend wanted to know if I'd be willing to do a telephone interview with her on Saturday afternoon. This happens to be a place that I would really really love to work. It would combine my professional background with an opportunity to make a difference and that excites me! The catch is the salary is less than I make now, but it would be a full time position (I'm on a contract now) and it's a heck of a lot closer to home.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #123  
Started IP 8/20/14

S/C/G: HW292/SW284/CW284/GW200

Height: 5'8"

Monday Monday Monday ... yuck!!

WI went well this morning. Down one pound today to 236.6 ... I didn't eat the healthiest food yesterday (had 9 wings during the superbowl, but managed to avoid the ranch and buffalo cheese dip), but I definitely didn't pig out either. I managed to stay under 2000 calories for the day, which was my goal considering the super bowl. My sodium was high, so I'm hoping tomorrow will also show a decent loss. TOM killed me this month!!

Diana, congrats on the healthy eating over the weekend!! Hope you have no allergy issues -- sounds like you did very well!!

Kukkie - I hope everything works out for you with the job interview! Sending good vibes your way!!

Good morning to all! Make it a great one.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #124  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, folks. <-- definitely need extra today

Awful weigh-in today, for three reasons. First, I overate yesterday, pretty badly. I brought carter-friendly snacks to my friend's house for the super bowl, but they were a little TOO carter-friendly after all. That would have been okay on its own, a small overage but not too awful. The second reason is that I was up quite late, trying to finish up the long list of stuff I wanted to do yesterday, and working in the kitchen late led me to a bit of a snack binge. Once again, none of the individual foods was too terrible, but the quantity and the lack of control were far, far off my plan! Thirdly, since I was up so late, I didn't get enough sleep, and I have that general puffy, water-retaining feeling you get from short rest.

So the upshot, an enormous bounce, 4 pounds up from yesterday - 162. I hope it subsides quickly.

And, I hope you folks who are newer to the process will take heart - even when you've been at this as long as I have and had as much success as I have, you can still have days where you just aren't in control of your eating, where you just don't execute your plan the way you intended. All you can do is pick yourself up and get right back on plan - which I am doing today.

Diana, it sounded like you did great this weekend, super job with the planning and research and preparation. You have a tough situation to deal with to avoid soy, and I'm very impressed by how you are handling it. Fantastic!

Good luck and good strength, everyone.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 177/165/140

Height: 5'7"

I haven't checked in in a while. 164.5, down 1.5 from a week or so ago. Not bad since I've had lots of slip-ups.

Carter, those social events will do that. Particularly the watching TV kinds. Second only to the going out to dinner kinds! Take heart that to actually gain 4 pounds you'd have to have eaten 14,000 calories. Most of it'll disappear when you're back on plan.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #126  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everybody,Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Holding steady today @ 161.2! very happy bout that. Didn't go over
my calories yesterday but ate some not so healthy chips in the individual small container.Thought i could handle them cause they were in a small package but they cause such bad cravings and i felt myself just starting to want to eat more and more so i got up,went to the track and just ran..(2 miles) then Mother wanted me to come over and go to the store for her so I parked my park at her house an ran to the store too Maybe i felt guilty about eating the chips or or I just didn't want to have a gain from them.I know i could have had a healthier chip but i wanted those.Now i see how they effect me so that's that.

Last edited by OnaMi; 02-06-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #127  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

I'm still stuck at 157 and am trying hard not to get too frustrated about it. Like carter said, even those of us who have had pretty steady success hit these stalls. Even my scale seems confused - it starts at 155 (yay!) then goes up to 159 (boo!) and then settles on 157.

Part of my impatience is that I'm hoping to be a solid "medium" by the spring, when I'll have to buy new clothes. I've gotten by so far without having to buy a lot of new stuff but I don't have much warmer weather clothing. Then again, it's months away and I've got plenty to worry about for right now, so enough about that.

diana, good work on managing your allergy.

Kukkie, I hope you get that job!

Here's wishing us all a good week.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #128  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

The job sounds great KuKKie.being closer to home,being able to help people..I know the cut in pay is something to think about.Seek and you will find your answer

Glad everything worked out Diana and that you had a great time

Great job on the pound PghGal And control over the SuperBowl food,Awesome!!!

Great job on the 1.4 Anya you're doing great

Hay Carter

Great job holding steady Kelly

Positive thoughts being sent to you and your Family Rennie

Last edited by OnaMi; 02-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #129  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

January 31st weight -- 244.2

1- 243.8
2- 242.8
3- 243.8
4- 243.4
5- 242.8
6- 242.6

I will totally take that .2. I was expecting a gain because of my dinner last night. Ended up picking up my mom for the day yesterday instead of Saturday. We went to Red Lobster for dinner last night and I'm sure what I ate had a lot of calories in it (and carbs). (EDIT: I just looked up the nutrition information on Red Lobster's website and it's not as bad as I thought: 950 calories and 103 carbs - knew that would be high. As expected the sodium was high - 3230. Fat 33.) Even though I had saved most of my calories for dinner, I still expected a gain (who knows, I may see it tomorrow, but plan on lots and lots of water today. I had one of their current specials and it was amazing. Bar Harbor Lobster Bake - wood-fire grilled lobster tails (the tail was cut in half lengthways and there were 3 pieces, so 1 1/2 small tails), wood-fire grilled shrimp, mussels and scallops over linguine noodles with small chopped tomatoes in it. Of course, it had way to much butter in it (a little rich), but it was really good. I also had a salad and a few of their biscuits. (EDIT: Just figured my calories for the day and I finished right around 2000 - not a horrible day)

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was super busy and I'm really tired today. Gonna be at least a few days before I'm able to really sit and relax, but such is life. Have a good day.

Last edited by MamaP; 02-06-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #130  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Jan 31- 167.4
Feb 1- 166.0
Feb 2- 165.2
Feb3- 164.8
Feb 4-164.6
Feb 5- 163.4
Feb 6- 163.6

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 02-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #131  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Its Monday again. Ugh. Weight is at 276.6 today, which is down 2 pounds from yesterday. Go away water weight!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #132  
My goal = health

HI everyone!
diana and carter - thank you so much for keeping us grounded and showing us how to stick with it in the long run!!!

203.5 today. I guess I'm getting stuck here for a 2-3 weeks - it is my regular pattern, after all...I'm still hoping to get on Onderland this month
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #133  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Qt Hi Yes, I love it when restaurants are helpful in that way. I will gladly go back there to spend my money. We have options. The same goes with calories or whatever our needs are.

Kukkie Got my fingers crossed for you that you get the best for your job situation.

Pghgal Congrats on the pound!

Carter I hope you can get some extra sleep tonight and can wash away some of that water weight. I hope you had a good day.

Anya Congrats on the 1.5 pounds.

Ona It's all trial and error with figuring out how foods effect us. Sometimes you think it will be a problem but it isn't, sometimes it is. Then sometimes you just gotta have that bad chip. Don't feel guilty. You enjoyed some chips, that's all. Today is a new day.

Steph Patience is a tough one. It seems like the more impatient you feel the harder things get. Hang on, the weight will come off.

Kris Great job on the .2. It doesn't sound like you did bad, at all.

Unstoppable Hi

Healthymewannabe Great job on the 2 pounds.

RRB2 Great job learning how your body works. You will know what to expect (more or unless ). Everyone has different cycles.

Rennie I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Angie Hi How are you doing?

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-06-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #134  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Dealing with more gains...TOM, pizza, and chips do not mix well, take my word for it and don't try it yourself. I was back on plan today, but stopped to finish off the left over Doritos...I should have known better -- I DO know better -- than to bring them back to the house. If they are here, eventually, I will eat them. Today was better than yesterday and I'm going to do better still tomorrow. I'm retaining a lot of water, and hope to get rid of it in the next couple of days.

Diana -- I'm so impressed with how well you did while you were away; and you lost weight! Great job!! I love Wendy's...lately I go there once a week when I work from another office...it's the only place I trust...I can eat their southwest salad and never have a gain afterward, and I find it absolutely delicious. Actually, I'm going there tomorrow!

Kukkie -- Good job on your 1.5 today! So was that phone interview last Saturday? How did it go?

Jess -- Good job on your 1lb!

Carter -- Ouch, sorry for your gain. I have a matching one on my side...more from my DS's bday party and eating party leftovers all weekend. Bad choices. How long have you been at this anyway? I just realized we started at around the same weight, and are pretty close in height too.

Ona -- Yes, that's the problem for me...the one little thing is not so bad, but it always seems to lead to wanting more and more off plan stuff. I'm so proud of you for leaving it at that and exercising instead of eating more. I have to get more disciplined that way...*sigh*

Kris -- Good job on your .2

Rennie -- I didn't get any email from you...hope everything is okay at home.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #135  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Calories for yesterday: 1385 +
Weigh In: 145.6 (TTOM - You can end at any time now, thank you very much)
No Change

Angie Sorry about your struggle with the Doritos. I have mentioned before that I have issues with MSG. I have read that company's add MSG to food as a flavor enhancer and basically it makes you become "addicted" to the food. You literally crave it because of the MSG. I have gotten the attitude that this really makes me mad. I don't know about you, but I don't want anyone to add stuff to my food to make me addicted to it. I have enough issues with food without them manipulating and controlling me. Anyways, Doritos has MSG. Get mad at those Doritos! Don't even allow those things back in the house! This type of thinking has really helped me. My weight loss in the last week or so has more to do with getting over my allergic reaction (water weight) than it has to do with weight loss. I have been carrying around a lot of water weight since this last reaction. I am so glad to be getting over it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-07-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Closed Thread