Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #91  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Diana -- I would go to the Turkey Rama too...he totally deserves it if he went to tea with you. What a great guy! Although it wouldn't hurt to do a little shopping too. Nope, I didn't do great...I ate some chocolate at 9:30 after resisting all day...not enough to put me over my calories burned, but still...I did not need sugar!

Tomorrow I'm going to try to pretty much eat veggies all day so I can have 1-2 pieces of pizza for dinner...I'm just hoping I'm too busy to bother with the chips and snacks. My mom is getting the cake from Costco for me, and I hate their cake, so that won't be tempting
Old 02-03-2012, 10:37 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 248/234.6/150

Found some GREAT ideas on this thread for a Valentines Day treat with my hubby! I was panicking because I have been losing and staying on plan, but I think some low-fat cheese, fruit, and dark chocolate will do just fine!!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #93  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! Have a great weekend!

Calories for yesterday: 1475 +
Weigh In: 146.2
Up: .2
Old 02-04-2012, 07:09 AM   #94  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Diana and Angie for the words of encouragement. Everyone is doing such a great job.

Jan 31- 167.4
Feb 1- 166.0
Feb 2- 165.2
Feb3- 164.8
Feb 4-164.6 (down 2.8)
Old 02-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #95  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Sooo...just a slice of pizza and some chocolate...I added up my day and it was about 2100 calories -- so technically should not be a gain...BUT...I've been eating low carb -- all lean protein and veggies -- and then I added carbs and sugar -- sooooo --- +2.8 for me -- overnight.

Morning Diana - Enjoy the Turkey Rama and your night away today!

Morning Unstoppable!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #96  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Hi folks! Sorry I haven't been around much in the past week. Life's been insane.

Today I weighed in at 275.2. The scale is moving in the right direction. Yay!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #97  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

Smile

Angie yesterday must have been our Faturday (Dr. Oz says we should have one planned "cheat" day and call it that) I'm up 1.8 today too. My calories were 2210 yesterday, lots of salty and carby...I think TOM is on it's way and I was SOOOOO tired from 2 nights of sick kids keeping me up. We'll do better today
Larry so glad you're with us and I completely understand your experience with loosing that weight so fast after a gain. I had a .6 gain for a week and almost gave up, but forgave myself and moved on. The next week I lost over 5 lbs! That's why I'm not too worried about my gain today. It's certainly not something I should do all the time, but I know I'll stay on plan for the week and come back with a vengence on the scale for my Official Weigh In day (thursdays)
I hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of activity, water, and terrific healthy meals

Jan.231.6-220.6 down 11 lbs
Feb
01-219.6
02-219.4 (OWI-down 5.4 this week, total down 12.2)
03-219.4
04-221.2
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #98  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

January 31st weight -- 244.2

1- 243.8
2- 242.8
3- 243.8
4- 243.4 (I'll take it)

Hoping to make today Day 5 on plan. Spending the day with my grandbabies and gonna pick my mom up from the nursing home for the day. We might go out to eat at Olive Garden this evening or I'll cook at my mom's house - not sure yet. My mom is on a very restricted diet so cooking at home would probably be best, but she might want to go out - depends on how she feels. If I cook for her I will have to go to the store cause there's nothing at her house to cook. Any ideas for something good that falls under a sodium restricted, renal, diabetic diet. No sodium, no dairy, no potatoes (or anything else with potassium), no whole grains, no tomatoes, etc. etc. I was thinking maybe some baked fish, white rice and a salad or something. She doesn't get much in the way of fresh veggies at the nursing home - I think she's had salad maybe 3 times in almost a month.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #99  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Morning folks

Angie and QT - those days are just going to happen sometimes - dust yourself off and get right back on plan today!

Diana - that sounds like a fun weekend! I totally get doing things because they are important to your spouse. I hope you have fun watching him enjoy himself!

Unstoppable - great loss, keep it up!

strngsrvrbrd - that sounds like a very elegant treat.

Anyone else I missed (I am getting with scrolling up and down here), good luck and good strength!

Okay as for me - I am thrilled to report another on plan day and another loss - down 1 to 158, a brand new low. I am really in "I can't believe it" territory now. The reason I never set a goal weight throughout this process is that I really could not visualize myself at weights like this, that I last saw when I was maybe 16.

I think wanting to be as low as possible before this trip has really focused me. I have come very close to veering off my plan a couple of times in the past several days - almost skipped a workout the other night, almost bought myself some candy yesterday - and the voice in my head that says "carter - not today!" somehow just won over. I'm really pleased.

Going out to dinner tonight for a friend's birthday - I can handle that, I have gotten very good at coping with restaurants. Tomorrow going to a friend's house for the super bowl - that will be tough because I will want to snack through the game. My plan is to bring lots and lots of roasted vegetables - I am making a couple of dips from a Turkish cookbook too - and restrict most of my eating to those. I also volunteered to drive home, so I won't drink too many calories in alcohol. It's all about planning!

Have a great day, all.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning everyone!!

The loss continues!! 2 more pounds lost today down to 210!

This brings me to an amazing 15 pounds lost in 4 days.

I don't care that it is just water weight, I am still a very happy guy!!

Larry,
Old 02-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #101  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

My back is feeling better and I did an hour of light cardio last night without dying, so it's all good! My weight is up to 157 but I knew that 156.4 was a fluke.

There's an interesting article on msnbc.com about a study showing that deferred gratification tends to result in less indulging. carter, it made me think of your "not today" philosophy. The study used 3 sets of students and M&Ms: one set could eat as many as they wanted, some were told they could have some later, and some were told they couldn't have any. When "later" came, those who were told they could have some later ate the fewest - even fewer than those who had already eaten some. I think a lot of us have successfully used the "maybe later" stategy when dealing with temptation, so we're apparently on the cutting edge of science!

Hang in there, angie and qt. You've both been doing great and you know it's not a fat gain. Congrats to everyone else who's doing so well!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Went out for dinner last night, and it was just bad. I mean the food was great, but it took sooooo long to come out that we ended up gorging ourselves on the all you can eat bread and salad because we were starving. Resulted in a 1.1 gain this morning to 195.1. I'm glad I planned my calories for a dinner out, because it could have been much worse given the amount of bread I ate.

As for the sleep in, I was up by 8am, so much for that idea. I have the most incredible headache today. Bahhh.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #103  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

2/1-199.0
2/2-199.0
2/3-?
2/4-198.5

NSV to report. I fit into my size 10 (they run super big) banana republic work pants this morning. I haven't worn them in two years. I thought they were a new pair of 14's I just bought hanging up in my closet, so I put them on by mistake!!! OMG they fit they fit!!!! a little snug in the belly but great everywhere else. happy dance*

official WI monday so I better hop to it. running again tonight.

Steph-thanks for the findings! I'm a research enthusiast myself.

Larry-Awesome job! Keep going dude!

Carter-I am super impressed with your Super Bowl Strategies. you are way ahead of the game...punny...
You weigh the same as you did when you were 16??? Holy crap!!! That deserves all kinds of praise!

strngsrvrbird-yaaay I'm glad I could be helpful! enjoy your time with your husband. ;0

MamaP-some fresh veggies sound really good for her. take care, both of you. hugs*

Kukkie-sounds like a nice workout would make you feel a bit better. sweat some of that sodium out.

qtapostolic-are you a weight watchers member, or just a weekly weigher?

I think I got everyone. Sending out positive thoughts for all of you.

Last edited by aka8941; 02-04-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #104  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Ok so... I'm up today 1.4 to 161.6..this just makes me more determine to push harder.I know it's water weight cause i was on plan/exercise yesterday but still....Never-the-less.. I'm back in full fighting mode pushing the exercise,switching my focus more on working in the gym(and my classes) and less on the jogging.

Will still jog,do planks and other stuff out there( i have friends i meet everyday and plus i really like being out there..I pray that I'll always be able to walk/jog outside) just that's not where my mind is taking me now.

Will start cycling my calories between 1250-1350 when i don't work out and 1500-1600 when i do.See how that works.Like my siggy says"keep looking for answers.

I must keep in mind that I'm exercising,eating on plan,That i look smaller than i really am( all my friends/family tell me that and they can't believe i still want to lose more.One of my friends, In a round about way..when we were talking about someone else..said "People should know when enough(weight loss) is enough" .When i look in the mirror.. i REALLY like the way i look.I really like the way i feel(not on any more meds) which in reality.. is the most Important thing) and that things are going really well.After I've done(am doing) all i can do.. I'll just stand and keep on living my new lifestyle.I refuse to fall into a mentality of letting a number on the scale validate me.

Diana,hope you're having a wonderful time

You'll wash that away Angie Hope Cameron has a wonderful Birthday Thanks I'm mediating a lot this weekend Been running around(living out of a overnight bag) enough for a while Time to focus on Me for a change.

Glad you're feeling better Steph you're not up much.glad you were able to exercise

Fight on qt

Hay Larry Awesome job

Awesome WI Carter have a great time

Kris,enjoy your time w/Mother great job the .4

Great start to the Month Unstoppable

Last edited by OnaMi; 02-04-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #105  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi Everyone,

I got on yesterday and I am not sure what happened to the post I made. I/we are having some family issues. I am prayerful that things will turn around soon. Please keep our family in your prayers for peace and prosperity. Thanks. I truly miss you all.

Welcome to all of the newbies. You have come to the right place. This is a great group of people that will have your back through your journey.

Larry and Ophelia great to see you

Diana love the new avatar.

Kukkie hope you got my response to your PM. Miss you too

Angie I'll send you an email.

Ona trust me I want to play but can't at this time, no internet right now, and limited everything else, but better days are coming, I'm sure of it. I miss you all too.

Hi QT (Kelly) miss you too

Jess good to see you back over here

Coondocks and Amanda

Steph take care of yourself

Everyone ElseI hope all is well
Closed Thread