Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #76  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/184.8/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Unstoppable Congrats on the .8.

Kris Great job on that pound! Keep it up!

Coondocks How was the tea?

PghGal Congrats on the 1.2 pounds1

Kukkie You need some rest! I hope you can get some ZZZ's soon!

Qt Great job on the 5 pound loss this week!

Carter Nothing wrong with holding steady! Keep up the great work!

AKA Hi Did you run tonight?

RRB2 I hope your hard work pays off!

Lizz Hi

Steph Sorry to hear about the "episode" you had. I hope there's nothing serious wrong. Keep us updated.

Ona Congrats on your weigh in!

Angie At least TTOM showed up and that explains things. Have you noticed any insomnia with TTOM?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile

Jan: Start weight~177 Ending weight~175
Feb: Goal Weight~170

Way to go everyone!!

01: 173.8
02: 173.8
03:
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:
Old 02-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #78  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

TOM is messing with me...up .8 today...stupid TOM.

Diana -- I hate those crazy traffic days. How did the dinner work out? No reaction I hope? I haven't noticed any insomnia over the last few days, I'm thinking that when I did have it, it was probably more related to stress.

Kris -- I think you mom would understand you taking a day to yourself

Deka -- We have lots of calorie counters here, and lots of exercisers...nice to have you join us.

Amanda -- I'm feeling the same way, TOM has me wanting to eat all kinds of off limits stuff. I'm limiting myself to popcorn (low sodium), so I want chips, but I'll eat a big bowl of popcorn -- it does less damage and does seem to satisfy that munchy feeling. Also, I eat on plan food, but I allow myself more sauces and stuff to make it feel more 'comfort-food-like'...so our cauliflower had cheese sauce for a change...little things like that help me feel indulged.

Kris, Unstoppable

Coondocks -- I hope the retirement tea went nicely for your mom Have fun with Bob tonight!

Jess -- Welcome back Good job on your loss today!

Kelly -- Good job on your week, 5lbs is so great! So happy for you about your jeans, that must feel awesome

Carter -- I have a friend who travels to India fairly often for business, and every time he goes he has a bout of food poisoning...just mentioning it so you can be careful about making sure stuff is all the way cooked! Sounds like a great itinerary.

Steph -- That sounds very scary! Will you adjust your calories or food at all in response to not exercising for now?

RENNIEEEEE!!!!!! Please come back

Last edited by Angie; 02-02-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #79  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Steph-I'm really sorry to hear about your back. That sounds really painful. How are other things in your life? Was it some sort of panic attack? I hope you're feeling better very soon. Let us know.

Angie-cheese sauce...mmmmm....let me see if I can come up with something. it's hard to do when someone else cooks your food for you. Maybe I'll get a sugar free syrup snow cone tomorrow. MMM. or maybe just some reduced fat cheese, fruit, and 4 oz of wine for a dessert. that all sounds decadent but doesn't add up to many points. Dark chocolate isn't bad either.

Diana-yes I did run tonight, and last night too! I love that you are asking me it really helps keep me accountable. I bet you've got your husband ON POINT. .

ran 2.5 last night. a quick 25 min run tonight because I was feeling guilty. We went out to an ice house and I had two ginger beers and a lamb gyro/kebab whatever you want to call it. NOM. extra tzatziki.

sooo guess who's running tomorrow? 5K next Saturday to be ready for!!!
but....also REALLY need to focus on diet.

Last edited by aka8941; 02-03-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:27 AM   #80  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning! It's official! The weekend is here! I am so ready!

I won't have my usual do, nothing, downtime, weekend, though. I really like those. We stay really busy during the week. I am usually up at 6 AM. We usually get home between 8-9 PM, sometimes later, due to our work schedule. I try to be in bed by 10 PM so I have the energy to do it all over again the next day. That makes for a really long day/week. That's why I love my do nothing weekends! This weekend we are taking a short trip. I found a hotel with an indoor pool. Hopefully that will be my exercise for the weekend! I love swimming.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Enjoy!

Calories for yesterday: 1440 +
Weigh In: 146 (TTOM)
Down: 1 pound

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-03-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #81  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

Good morning folks

Diana, that swimming smiley made me giggle. (Don't tell anyone, I do giggle sometimes.) I hope you have a great time this weekend.

Angie: thanks for the warning. The most common warning I have heard about "Delhi Belly" is that the danger is in the water - so not to eat raw foods like salad that may have been washed in it, not to get drinks with ice, make sure bottled water is genuine and sealed bottled water, and so on. One of many things I will have to pay attention to while I am being totally overwhelmed...

I weighed in at 159 today, still holding at the current (awesome) low. I am still totally fine with this. As I said yesterday, I expect a bounce! But I'd love to leave for India in the 150s. So for now, I'll take another day's hold. Managed to stay on plan yesterday despite a very powerful urge to veer ... I dragged myself to the gym and tried to resume my strength training too, although it didn't
feel super after a week resting that sore muscle.

Good luck and good strength, all!

Last edited by carter; 02-03-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 200/193/140

Height: 5'5

Hey - I don't know that I've ever been so grateful for Friday (although, I feel like I say that every week!)

Just need to get through this workday, and then tomorrow will be a blissful sleep in day, or at least I won't have to wake up at 5am. I have a dinner out tonight with my cousin whom I have not seen in about 3-4 months - but I've got nothing but healthy snacks and food for lunch to keep me going throughout the day.

I think it was someone on this thread who said they mixed protein powder with greek yogurt. Well I'll be trying that today. I really want to eat more greek yogurt, but the taste is a bit too intense for me, so I'm hoping this helps.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #83  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Kukkie, enjoy your well-deserved lie-in tomorrow morning. I love the days when I don't have to get up and get going.

Diana, I hope you have a good weekend! I remember loving the indoor pools at hotels when we went on vacation when I was young. They seemed like such a treat.

My back is feeling much better this morning and I didn't have another episode like yesterday (my boss jokingly aked me if I came directly to work or made another stop at the ER), so it's been a good day so far. My weight is up a bit to 157, but I'm not surprised that 156.4 didn't stick. That was too good to be true! I'm hoping for a 5 pound loss this month and I think I can make it. I'm going to take a chance and do some mild cardio tonight because, otherwise, I'm just too sedentary.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #84  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Good Morning Everybody

WI @ 160.2..up a pound since 1/31
Old 02-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 317/271/200

Height: 5' 6"

I pigged out with a capital "P" in January for 18 days and gained 10 pounds.
I have been back on plan for 3 days now .

The really weird thing about this is that I pigged out for 18 days and gained 10 pounds to 225. Now I have lost 13 pounds in 3 days down to 212. I am at a lower weight than I was at before my almost 3 week long binge. My body sure does some strange things with water weight.

It's GREAT to be back!!

Larry
Old 02-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #86  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/135-140

Height: 5'7.5"

Okay, I am jumping in on this thread! I realized that my efforts to get back into the swing of things since coming back to 3FC aren't nearly as lively or dedicated as they were when I lost 40 pounds here last Spring. I've barely done anything or lost an ounce since returning. I think that's largely due to the fact I used to keep myself accountable through these daily weigh-ins, and this time around, I've been avoiding this long, hard look into the metaphorical mirror. Time to stop giving myself excuses!

FEBRUARY

01: (NWI)
02: (NWI)
03: 251.6
04:
05:
06:
07:
08:
09:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
27:
28:
29:

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 02-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #87  
Once and for all

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats everyone. Remember to keep pushing and it's all about consistency

Jan 31- 167.4
Feb 1- 166.0
Feb 2- 165.2
Feb3- 164.8 (down 2.6)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #88  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

January 31st weight -- 244.2

1- 243.8
2- 242.8
3- 243.8

I expected a bounce-back . . . disappointed it's a whole pound, but hopefully it will be back down tomorrow. I have had 3 days of 100% on plan with my food and working on number 4 today.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #89  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Down to 209.4 today (that's -1.6 from yesterday ) so I finally got back to where I was a few days ago after my TOM gain. TOM is still here in full force so I'm considering that a big win.

I'm feeling very shaky today in terms of resisting...I had a good breakfast, but was running around doing errands at lunch and I had a slice of veggie pizza...that's okay, and I'm proud to say I just bought one slice and brought it home, but now I feel like eating a big bag of chips. I'm craving salty stuff...but checking in here helps...all my rationalizations sound a little hollow when I have to come and post it here. I'm going to have a crystal light and see if that takes the edge off the craving.

Amanda -- I like your ideas for indulging without going overboard...cheese and wine, yum!

Diana -- We'll miss you this weekend, but enjoy that pool! Are you going out of town just for fun, or with a purpose in mind? Congratulations on your -1 today

Carter -- Good job staying on plan and resisting the urge to munch yesterday! That's a great point about the fresh food and water...so much to think about.

Kukkie -- I've mixed protein powder with greek yogurt, but i have to say, it's only great for giving you more protein...if you're looking for improved flavour I'd just buy a flavoured kind of greek yogurt. Loblaws, Superstore and Fortino's are selling Chobani now and it's really good. Metro has Oikos, also quite good.

Ona Any fun plans for the weekend?

Larry Hi! Nice way to lose the water weight!

Ophelia -- Welcome back!

Unstoppable -- You are so aptly named...lol, you are Ms. Consistent, every time I check your stats you are down a little bit more! Way to go

Kris -- Congratulations for 3 on plan days!

I'm working at home today, and at lunch I was running around trying to get everything ready for my DS's surprise bday party tomorrow. We had been waiting for the local Tube Hill to open up, but that's not happening, so I've planned a surprise party for Laser Quest tomorrow night -- he's going to love it!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM   #90  
Trying to live below 200

Fat 2 Fabulous Hi Keep up the great work!

Angie Congrats on the 1.6 pounds. I hope you stayed strong today. So far, things seem to be clearing up. It's amazing how long it takes. We are going to the Great Outdoors Show, aka The Turkey Rama! DH says that you haven't lived until you've went to the Turkey Rama! (I think I will pass and go shopping ) How could I deny going with my DH to the Turkey Rama? This is the same man that went with me to a proper Afternoon Tea at the Biltmore House during our Christmas vacation. Gotta love a man that will go with you to an Afternoon Tea.

AKA Great job on getting that run in!

Carter We can keep your giggling a secret. Great job sticking to your plan yesterday and maintaining!

Kukkie I hope you can sleep late tomorrow.

Steph I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. No more stops to the ER! (unless you need to )

Ona Hi Sorry about you being up on the scale. Daily fluctuations are part of the program. Have a great weekend!

Larry Hi Congrats on getting back on plan.

Opheliaphoenix Hi It's good to see you back.

Unstoppable Keep up the great work!

Kris Hi Great job sticking to your plan!

Last edited by Diana3271; 02-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Closed Thread