Old 10-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

I honestly can't remember things directly said to me about my weight. Yes, my mom has mentioned it, but it was not in a mean way it was in concern. It hurt at times, but in the end I knew she was right.

For me the most hurtful thing I ever had said to me was about my appearance in general & it was from my eldest sister. Fact is, before I stopped talking to her, she said it nearly every time I saw her. What she said was, "You were so cute as a baby, what the **** happened?" I could be in shape, nails/hair & make-up done & dressed nicely *BAM!* hit with this slam.

*Note: This is NOT why I haven't spoken to her in over 12 yrs. I haven't spoken to her cause she said I banned her from Daddy's funeral & said all kinds of mean cr@p about & to her. Oh, well.... Will she be at Mom's funeral? Doubt it.*
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 238/202/138

I had an uncle who was 5 years older than me and through my whole childhood he called me fat and many other hurtful names just for fun. I look back on pictures of myself and I really wasn't fat at all. Those names stay with a person though and sometimes haunt me when I look in a mirror. He grew up to be a nicer person but man, he was a rotten kid!
olleharr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #138  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

wow all these stories are really sad I feel so bad for you all people can be just horrible.

My whole family and everyone around me has always been very very cruel about my weight but I think (if i have to choose only one lol) of the saddest things someone said to me was if I ever got that fat I would kill myself and my reply was well you could go on a diet and the reply was no I'd kill myself.

Hurt really bad because I've always been pretty suicidal most of my life and don't believe anyone can love me now that I ruined my body and everything and them saying that just kind of confirmed it for me I have yet still to meet anyone that truly doesn't care about how fat I am or appearance even just for a friend so makes it hard to believe those kind of people even exist. This forum shows me that they do though I wish I would meet some in life though.

Also people love to say to me like in a store or out wherever "hey look at that girl shes bigger than youuuuuuu" like its some kind of compliment or something and I always feel bad for whoever they are talking about as well cuz wow why would you even say that about somebody at all. But that is family for ya.

there are so many mean things that have been said to me I can't even focus in on one barely anymore. where are all the nice people hiding lol

Last edited by going2bskinny; 10-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #139  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

"Big Mama Woo Woo". That's the name that my cousins came up for me when they saw me. I had a LOOOOOT of cousins too so it spread like a wildfire and that's what they'd call me. It sucked. I also had an uncle that I ran from because without fail, everytime I saw him, he'd grab my arm and pull at the droopy part with his mouth open...like he was in shock that my arm was so big. Then he'd say, "your arm is bigger than mine!" Ugh. But you know what? The cousins that teased me the most...and even the uncle that bothered me all the time....guess what.....they are ALL BIG NOW!! Karma.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #140  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

I haven't had time to read all this thread.. but want to share what directed me to head back down the right path.

The end of September is a huge fair in the town I grew up in (it's our neighboring town). We went the first night and as we were walking around we passed my favorite deep fried veggie stand. My mouth was watering just smelling all that grease, we were heading to find somewhere to sit down so the kids could drink their sodas without someone knocking them out of their hands, and I had decided to send either hubby or my oldest back to the stand once we had our seats.

We were strolling along heading to the seating for one of the free stages, when this group of high school boys came up behind us. Having little kids, my ears seem to always be open and listening to what is going on around me. Well the boys were chiding each other like teenage boys do. One gave another a shove in my direction (did I mention I have eyes in the back of my head?.. ok they were slightly to the side and I could see them out of the corner of my eye). "Shover" said "There is a girl friend for you." and "Shoveee" popped off with "Man, that's more like 5 girlfriends right there."

I was mortified!! I struggled so hard to hold back tears. I know I'm a big girl, but when I'm out with my family I kind of forget that I'm not the skinny person I used to be. I decided then and there that I had to change. I did not have those fried veggies that night. I did get an order the last day of fair when we went (mostly because we were holding our seats for a show, and it was a stand I knew was near and I could send my oldest out to get them without telling him well get this if you can find it or that if you can't). It was a large order.. I think it had maybe 14 pieces of heart cloggers. We split it between the 6 of us, so we each had about 2 pieces. It gave me a taste without eating the whole large order I always ate in the past.

I still haven't told my hubby what happened. He knew something changed with me.. I spent the rest of the evening lost in my own sad thoughts. Had he known what happened he would have really laid into those boys. I didn't think that was necessary, and now I'm kind of embarrassed to share it with him.
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #141  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

I just remember boys giving me and my friend ( she was heavier than I but we were both fat) wedgies, the only panties my mom would buy were these super thin, super stretchy ones. I mean they could have fit anything between a snake and an elephant literally. Anyway, they tried to give me a wedgie and my panties just kept stretching and stretching and stretching. They were saying it was a good thing my panties were so stretchy so they would fit and crap like that. Comments down the hall, boom ba da boom as I walked. Lunch hour was a nightmare, boys would throw food at us (the fat girls) and tell us we looked like we wanted it more than they did. So on and so forth.
My parents made some cruel to me comments, I don't think they meant to to be mean, maybe trying to be helpful in their way, but to me it was so horrible, my sister said things too but she knew what she was doing. I just always felt so clumsy and awkward, ugly and fat.

My sister was working one day and she bent over to get something off of the floor and the person behind her made that beep beep sound for when a truck backs up and told her she needed a wide load sign for other peoples safety.
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #142  
Empress/Queen

Not really related to weight so much as have had things said to and about me regarding being ugly or funny looking.

Lol, have also had horrible things said to me on diet sites (not this one) and have also had people on diet sites say mean (and untrue) things about me.

Truly, all that sounds pretty paranoid and juvenile (I'm in my senior years so should probably stop having forum dramas lol), but it happens a lot in life and online.

So, to tell ye the truth, nothing like that bothers me much anymore, as I realize it happens to everyone. I used to be very sensitive, though, okay I guess I still am lol, but I recognize the dynamic better these days.

Sometimes I just go into my little safe bear cave and feel bad when stuff like this happens, but eventually, the bear comes out of hibernation and moves on because if people say negative things and act like idiots, it has nothing to do with me, whether or not they think so.

Lol, the old saying about "I am rubber you are glue ... what you say bounces off me and sticks to you" ... is so true.

Don't give people power or house room in your brain, know you are beautiful and amazing and just ignore ... it is the best revenge ... drives people crazy.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Wow... I've read through every post and I am stunned at what people are capable of, which says a lot as my expectations are extremely low.

No one's really said much about my weight except an ex boyfriend after we'd broken up and were still living together thanks to a lease (thank god for 2 bedroom apartments!!!). He called me a fat B**** but that completely rolled off my back because he was made I was getting close to someone else already. It wasn't hard to upgrade from him. One girl in 7th grade said something to me but after I was about an inch from punching her in the face she left me alone.

Mostly comments were made about my appearance, hair, clothes, and my dad told me I was going to end up a slut (um... you can tell that when someone's 13?). But yeah, I have a strong personality and people knew I wouldn't take it lying down so I got through mostly unscathed. I feel for each one of you and your awful experiences.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #144  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

heres one that just happened like 2 seconds ago was saying how much i weighed now like happy about my loss to my mom and my dad is like ... yeah what good's it gonna do ya your still ugly

and im not even ugly either hes just an *******

this **** happens multiple times daily so yeah like i said cant even focus on one anymore

Last edited by going2bskinny; 10-16-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #145  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
Wow... I've read through every post and I am stunned at what people are capable of, which says a lot as my expectations are extremely low.

No one's really said much about my weight except an ex boyfriend after we'd broken up and were still living together thanks to a lease (thank god for 2 bedroom apartments!!!). He called me a fat B**** but that completely rolled off my back because he was made I was getting close to someone else already. It wasn't hard to upgrade from him. One girl in 7th grade said something to me but after I was about an inch from punching her in the face she left me alone.

Mostly comments were made about my appearance, hair, clothes, and my dad told me I was going to end up a slut (um... you can tell that when someone's 13?). But yeah, I have a strong personality and people knew I wouldn't take it lying down so I got through mostly unscathed. I feel for each one of you and your awful experiences.
wow my dad calls me a slut and a whore all the time and I'm still a virgin... and want to stay one till I'm married.. he also told me like last month I can go be a **** licker in the army cuz that's my only hope
Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #146  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Ugh. I cut people like that out of my life, period, much like the first poster (from way back when) with the uncle and the family that thought it was hilarious to make fun of people.

If someone wants to try to make me feel bad, good luck cause the last and final thing you'll see is my fat/ugly a** walking out the door and you won't see it again. I don't consider people that try that crap family. True family, blood related or not, doesn't do that.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #147  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

I have always been my worst enemy and am a lot more cruel to myself than anyone else could ever imagine being.

I have never had anyone be out right rude to me on purpose but I was in a JCPennys at the cash register once about 15 years ago and had a woman walk up to me and ask me "how far along are you". Of course she was mortified when she found out I wasn't pregnant and was apologizing profusely.
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #148  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

When my daughter was a teenager, she told me about a salesperson that was making fun of me behind my back. It did not bother me nearly as much as it bothered her.

My husband's grandmother, when talking to my children, would refer to me as "your fat mama". As a result, she seldom saw them and none of them remember her. It was her loss but still ranks. I really did not realize how much until, after my grandchildren were born, my daughter suggested that my grandchildren use the same nickname for me that was used for my husband's grandmother. My response...... "No way!". It was a cute nickname but I did not want any reminders of her.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/150

Wow! Reading though the posts is unbelievable!

At a family event several months ago my cousin (with no teeth and a beer belly) said something to me and my husband about DH working me harder to get me into the cute little shape I was before we were married! Ticked me off...I was chatting with another cousin who took that info. to my aunt, and announced "Well Captain Obvious had to say something stupid about her being fat!". That was as bad as what he had to say!

Dating, a guy told me he was doing me a favor, that he wasn't interested in me really--he liked skinny girls. No favors from him were needed!!!

My senile grandma didn't recognize who I was, and said "You're a big one aren't ya?!" Her, I will forgive a little...she wasn't in her right mind. But she was always doing that stuff--mentioning the other fatties. Not nice.

My dad gave all sorts of "great" advice about how I should eat... Never as horribly mean as some of you have endured though.

It really is a shame that people, especially family, say crap like they do. THAT is what we remember about them!
2times2much is offline   Reply With Quote