Old 01-13-2007, 09:47 AM   #106  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kelly, WTG on your chins being gone.

Thursday night me, DH and DS went to Outback for dinner. I did my hair and make-up and put on a black clingy type shirt with some nice jeans and loafer type shoes. I looked in the mirror and actually thought, hey I look darn good. I walked into my living room and my 21 yr. old son said "mom , you really look great". He usually doesn't mention my wt. loss and it made me proud for him to think I look good too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:36 AM   #107  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Oh, way to go, Lily! Those darn kids will make you tear up every time, won't they? I bet you looked FABULOUS!!!!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #108  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

This one is a scale victory, so I hope no one minds, but as of this morning I've lost 10% of my start weight! I'm so excited! I've always heard that your health can be improved by losing as little as 10% of your starting weight. I'm not sure if that's true, but I feel so much better now than when I started that I have to believe there is something to that!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Way to go, C.C. -- 10% is a major milestone!!

My NSV today is that as much as I love working out these days, I really really didn't feel like getting up and going to the gym but I did it anyway. I met a friend for a body sculpting class and then I did a 40 minute run/walk on the treadmill. I'm proud of myself for not caring what I look like while trying to run on the treadmill -- I'm still out of shape and that used to bother me, but now all I care about is improving.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

CC - 10 % goals are great. They are how I keep myself on plan.

Today I also met my next mini-goal. (3rd time I lost 10% of my weight).

I also realized that I can take my size 22 jeans off without undoing the button or unzipping them.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #111  
Kelly M

CC, that first 10% is such a rewarding accomplishment, you should be so proud of yourself. I'm very proud of you!! You've made such wonderful changes in your life and now you're body is responding to those changes!

Lisa, that's awesome! Some days it's such a struggle to work out, but you went and did it anyway, that's determination! Next time you don't feel like it, think back to today and remember that you did it anyway and felt great! And look at those stats! WOW! You're over half way there...that's amazing!

RememberHowToSmile, I'm speechless. You've met 3 10% goals, I can't even imagine how wonderful that feels. Good for you!
Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 AM   #112  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You know Lily, I wonder if there's a point where we're the only one who has it on our heads all the weight that we've lost. Cause you know we're the one's that did (and does) all the work. And I suppose we will never, ever forget where we once came from. So your son telling you that you look great is just the way that he sees you. It's probably a distant memory to him that you were once so heavy. And when he looks at you all he sees is his beautiful mama. Not his formerly overweight mama. Just a beautiful woman, oh.... who happens to be his mom. And I'm happy for you!!!

CC, you're just remarkable. You are doing SO incredibly well. There's absolutely no stopping you now!!!! You are SO well on your way!!!! And I couldn't be happier.

Lisamarie, what a great feeling!!! Good for you.

Boaterswife - Congrats on losing those chins!!!!

Remember to smile - Congrats all around for you!!!

Gosh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this thread!!!!!

Keep um coming ladies, I can't get enough of um.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #113  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

I have a big phobia of big dogs. This phobia has prevented me from walking outside for many years. About two weeks ago, I posted a question on the exercise forum about this and received some very good advice. I picked up some pepper spray, carried my cell phone and headed out. I've been walking almost everyday since.

Yesterday - not even 5 minutes into my walk, I come around the corner and there is the HUGE dog....who promptly trots across the road to me. I'm ashamed to say that I panic....I did get the pepper spray out and ready...and I was prepared to use it if I absolutely had to...so I stood in one place crying and hollering for help...then called my hubby to come get me....all the time, the dog is just circling around me...not jumping on me or anyting A neighbor came out and held the dog until I could get away just before hubby came. I went into the house and just cried. Then I looked up the schedule for the 'Y,' but they were closed for the day. I sat there for about 10 minutes.......then I decided that I wasnt going to sit in my house and be afraid to venture out! For Pete's sake...the dog didnt even seem aggressive! I guess I let the panic overwhelm me.

To get to the point.....I went back out and completed my walk! I almost can't quite believe it and my family is flabbergasted.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

Rhonda, what a HUGE NSV!!! Overcoming our fears is such a difficult thing, and you did it because your commitment to weight loss and good health is more important to you than just going back into your house and feeling safe. I think that's a wonderful indication that you're going to be VERY successful with this -- it means so much to you that you're willing to do something even if you're scared, and I'm so impressed!!

Rememberhowtosmile -- congrats on meeting your 3rd mini-goal and on taking those pants off without unbuttoning them -- I LOVE that feeling!!

Kelly, thanks for your encouragement and congratulations on the chin thing -- isn't it great to catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and see a change like that??

rockinrobin, you're doing so well!! I love reading your posts because you're always an inspiration to me. I feel like even though we don't know each other, we're on this journey together!

lilybelle, I love your NSV about your son, because I know young people are sometimes a bit clueless about such things! When my teenage students notice my weight loss, I know it must be truly noticeable because teenagers aren't always ready to give adults compliments so it really means something when they do!!!
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 11:29 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 329/223/147

Height: 5ft5

Hi,

Great reading all of your NSV's!

My recent one would be going for my 1st ever massage in November - despite feeling very conscious of my size I just felt the time had come to enjoy things like this - something I could never have done at my heaviest weight. I went for a 2nd aromatherapy massage last week - 90 mins of bliss - and although I had a few 'what must she think' moments I so enjoyed it!!!!

EM
EnglishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:29 PM   #116  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Last night my DH was hanging new pic's we had made at my step-daughters wedding. He asked me if I wanted the big pic. of him, DS, DD and me taken down. It's when I was at my highest weight. I said "no, I want it there to remind me of where I started". Plus, the new pic's don't have my son in them and this is our only really family pic. of the 4 of us.(my son was away at the Army drill when the wedding occurred). Why take down a good family pic. just cause I was fat at the time. The new pic's show how I've changed. I have come to accept that I'm not ashamed of how I used to look , only more proud of how I look now.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #117  

"Absolutely amazing" -- what I have to say to all of you!! This is such a positive thread!! All of us "newbies" should be required to read this!! It's so easy to forgot our accomplishments aren't always weight related. I'm a compulsive weigher, at least 10 times a day. So, being a bit of a nut, I actually threw them away and I am going to be content to weigh in with my nutritionist whenever I visit her only. I am so much more relaxed without
those numbers looking at me all day!!!

A big pat on the back to everyone and a overflowing glass of strength to everyone to make it through another week.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 243.5/243.5/140

Alright...so today I ran into my friend at the gym...she isn't really overweight but she isn't a skinny mini either...fairly average sized and sort of soft not toned. Anyway...it made me feel good that I could blow through 45 minutes on the elliptical after doing 55 flights on the stairmill and be the one encouraging her to keep going....she was dying after 20 minutes. She is 8 years younger than me (only 19)...has never been a smoker (I'm still working on quitting) and I'm probably about 60lbs heavier than her at least. It felt good to not be the one trying to catch up. We are going to even try to work out together now that we both remembered that we belong to the same gym!
NESunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:26 PM   #119  
Kelly M

NESunshine, does it leave you speechless sometimes when you sit back and realized that you are the inspiration for someone else, instead of the other way around? The accomplishments you've made so far are fantastic, and I know you're only going to continue! Way to go!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:44 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My sister bought me some PJ pants back in November (early Christmas gift). Last year she bought me xxl well she bought me xl this year. I tried them on but they were tight in the thighs and stomach so I hadn't worn them yet. I actually forgot about them until I was going though my dresser today. I put them on today and they fit, actually they are a little roomy.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote