YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

ledom....where ya been? Missed you big time!!!!! Wow....just finished my 40 mins of walking. I made a deal with myself....I am not going to bed until I walk for at least 30 mins. Got to run to take a bath and then it's lights out for this ole gal. I got a date at the gym in the morning......with a real dumb bell! LOL
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Been away from the boards the last day or two.

Cooked dinner for my stepdaughter's birthday last night, did a pork tenderloin from Cooking Light, her husband brought over a carrot cake (which I didn't know he was bringing. Had a small piece but didn't feel bad about it (U turn), anyway sweets have never been my problem and even less so when doing YOU.

Just hope to be able to get back into full exercise mode next week.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM   #33  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Oh...Iwana...thanks for missing me. I feel so undeserving. I have been lost in the wilderness. There is some despair over how this weight loss thing is going for me. I have been failing at this for a very long time now.

I am trying to figure that out. Trying to find some innocence and virtue within myself that will enable me to find success.

I am reading my 14 Superfoods Book and working at following that diet. I did about 3 weeks of it in the Spring and it made me feel good and I really enjoyed it. Right now it is baby steps though. I hiked Sunday and afterwards felt so stiff and sore. I am dealing with the onset of some arthritis issues and I know getting to a healthy weight is more important for me now than it has ever been before.

I haven't been lurking here or anything so I can tell I need to read up on how well you guys are doing. I am inspired by your successes.

Last edited by ledom; 08-19-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #34  

ledom.....lifting you up with good vibes and prayers. You have to find what works for you and something you can do for the rest of your life. I have such an addiction to food and sometimes I just tremble with anticipation....then I will taste the 'forbidden fruit' and I think....what the heck?....it didn't taste as good as I thought. You got children? My grandma always said....you draw more flies with honey than vinegar. Why are we so hard on ourselves; so unforgiving? Take it one day at a time and stay connected with others.....for the much needed support. Glad your back! Good to see your posts!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 AM   #35  

Ledom, I wasn't here when you were before but it is nice to have someone else in the group. With the 4-6 people we have posting it's such a nice group.

Glad the superfoods book is helping you, I have read some about that book, a lot of the foods are actually recommended on YOAD. I think finding anything that is healthy that you can stick with is what's important. I know I am going to have to 'watch my weight' all my life. The ability to get back on course is what's important, you've taken the first step. I had a piece of carrot cake Sunday night and I didn't alow myself to feel guilty. But then I tried to get right back on track.

Good to have you here on this journey we all can share.

Karen
Old 08-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #36  
Intuitive Eater

Hello everyone!

I'm still hanging in there. Don't think I've updated my situation on this thread so here's the deal ...

I am back at my starting weight (actually down 1 lb. as of yesterday morning), but I've added calorie counting to YOAD to help keep me on track. I think I overdo the carbs (and calories) with YOAD alone so keeping an eye on my calorie intake should help. And for some reason I tend to fall off plan on the weekends so maybe counting will at least keep me within reason if I do eat no-no foods. (I hope!) Otherwise I love eating this way and am thrilled that I don't stand in front of the pantry or fridge looking for something to eat all the time. Cravings are definitely low to none. And I just "feel" healthier knowing that I'm putting good stuff into my body instead of highly processed carbs that bloat me like a bull frog!

Hi Ledom, I don't think we've met. Nice to meet you! I've been struggling too, but 3FC has really helped me hang in there these past 3 1/2 weeks I've been on-board. I plan to keep coming back! The people are all so very inspiring!

Hello to everyone else I didn't mention!

Have a great day!
Old 08-20-2008, 01:09 PM   #37  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - glad to see some chatter in here!

Ledom - glad to hear from you - I was wondering where you'd been! I'm still reading my SuperFoods books I got from the library, and am planning on trying to make a conscious effort to work them into my plan. As Kim said, please try not to be so hard on yourself - you'll find your niche soon enough and be back on a path you're happy with.

Hi Blue, Kim and Karen

BFL workouts and eating-style are working well for me so far, although I slipped up a few times in the past weekend. Did a YOU-turn and am right back on track now.

I've been pushing myself a bit more this week in my workouts in terms of the weights I've been lifting. And, I have the soreness to show for it! I'm afraid I won't be able to walk well tomorrow - my hamstrings are already giving me grief from this mornings workout.

I'm still really easing into cardio though - my knees are still "floaty", as I like to call them - at any time, doing anything (even standing), they pop, lock, or give me a sharp pain - my knee caps are never where they are supposed to be! I can tell there's been some progress, but they are still fragile, and thus I'll just be walking for now - with a little incline added at times to try to get my heart rate up.

On the personal side, DH found two kittens by the side of the road on Friday. We brought them to my vet who will take care of them and raise them. Normally she would find them a good home, but DH is talking like we should take them since he found them! Given we already have 4 cats, that is an issue for me! Four is a lot, six would be crazy! They are so sweet though - one is black and one is gray, and they look like they will be long-hairs. Then there's the possibility that DH's brother might want them, but he has a 19-yo cat right now, and can't really inflict kittens upon her.... Guess we'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens!
Cindy
Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 PM   #38  

This must be the cat-finding week for this board. I had my walk interrupted two days ago by a small white kitten peeking through the bushes. It was pretty dirty and I thought fragile but is doing so much better now. My DH was saying oh, we can't keep it (we have 2 cats and a dog) but the dog has fallen in love with the new kitten so nothing else has been said. I'm keeping it isolated in a carrier in the sunroom for now, I guess we will just play it by ear also. The other 2 cats haven't met the new one.

Cindy, didn't know you had knee problems also. My left knee has given me problems on and off since I was 16. I'm having to be careful with walking at a slower pace but the new shoes are helping.

By the way, for those who wanted the tilapia recipe I finally found the magazine and will post it in the recipe thread.

It is good to see the board lively and it is very helpful to hear everyone's stories.

Karen
Old 08-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #39  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy Friday everyone!

TGIF! This week has seemed so long to me....

Karen - thanks for the recipe, I'll definitely have to try it. Funny that you found a kitten as well! We are going to see these two later this afternoon. That will mean trouble, I'm sure!
My bad knees are hereditary, coupled with playing high school volleyball and recreational racquet ball. My kneecaps don't stay where they are supposed to, and the weaker my leg muscles are, the worse my knees are. So I'm working my quads in order to help stabilize my knees.

I can't believe August is already on it's way out. Let's think about what we want to do for some sort of September challenge. We've been good about posting our exercise, but maybe some goals to strive for? Let me know what you think. I like doing the points, but I still don't have a maximum amount or % accomplishment goal figured out for myself.

I hope you gals have a great weekend. I hope to get out and walk both days at the very least!
Cindy
Old 08-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #40  

Oh my gosh....this week has been so incredibly crazy! I am so glad it's Friday and the weekend is here!!!! I have sore armpits from the free weights! I love it because that means progress in the making. They are closing down the gym this week for annual maintenance stuff so I will have to do it at home. Good times!!!!!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 PM   #41  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Well, I went to a cat rescue place this week with my daughter. She is looking for a second cat. She wants a white one and there were no white ones to be found.

Hope you all have a good weekend.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 PM   #42  

Ledom:

How funny, my husband would probably gladly give you the one we found!

Weigh-in this morning: 2.8 lost this week, I guess the exercise is paying off, been doing about the same things on the food plan.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Last edited by karen0117; 08-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #43  
Intuitive Eater

Hello!

BfL_Cat, I like challenges myself. I'm signed up for 3 including the September Biggest Loser one. I think having a goal to shoot for is a great idea. I'm trying to lose 5 pounds a month so I have a September goal of making it to 183. (I made my August goal this morning! Yay! Now I hope I can keep the scale going in the right direction!)

Cats everywhere! lol I love cats. Had two for years but they grew old and had health problems that made it necessary for us to have them put to sleep. (One was practically drowning in her own fluid. The vet said her heart rate was way above normal rate. Poor thing. The other one could hardly walk anymore and was in lots of pain.) But we enjoyed them both very much and had them both since they were kittens. I miss having cats ... except for the litter box. Don't miss that! lol Now, if I could train one to go outside I'd love another one! (Especially if it is a lap cat. Mine were kind of skiddish so any cuddling had to be on their terms. lol)
Closed Thread