Old 12-31-2010, 11:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I had fried chicken last night for dinner and still stayed within my points. Still lots of weekly pts for when we go out to eat today. We are going to Ryan's and it will be easy to stay within pts. Splurge will be a small slice of carrot cake (my favorite). My weight stayed the same... scale not moving and I know that is because of the salt. So nice to be able to eat things I really enjoy and not have to feel guilty or like I've done something wrong. And then get on the scale and not show a weight gain because of what I ate is a real bonus. I'm loving WW points plus.

Y'all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I slept for 11 hours last night, so I'm feeling much better today. And eating normally. I'm headed out for a walk in the woods with a friend later. Not sure how I'm celebrating yet. Maybe heading to a bar to meet a friend for a bit, maybe staying in and eating sushi and watching When Harry Met Sally.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

@tschaff04 I feel the same way sometimes. But there are alot of elderly people at the gym I belong it is associated with the hospital so they have some cardiac rehab patients there and I figure if they can do it so can I.

So I will jump back on the WW and excercise badwagon on Monday since I have a lot going on this weekend. Everyone have a good New years eve. I will see you all in the new year.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 PM   #19  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
I had fried chicken last night for dinner and still stayed within my points. Still lots of weekly pts for when we go out to eat today. We are going to Ryan's and it will be easy to stay within pts. Splurge will be a small slice of carrot cake (my favorite). My weight stayed the same... scale not moving and I know that is because of the salt. So nice to be able to eat things I really enjoy and not have to feel guilty or like I've done something wrong. And then get on the scale and not show a weight gain because of what I ate is a real bonus. I'm loving WW points plus.

Y'all have a safe and fun New Year's Eve.
Congrats on no gain! Have fun at Ryan's. That used to be my favorite place to eat, but the closest one to us closed down many years ago. Mmmm, I haven't had carrot cake in a long time. Sounds so good but that's a definite trigger for me. LOL
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #20  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
I slept for 11 hours last night, so I'm feeling much better today. And eating normally. I'm headed out for a walk in the woods with a friend later. Not sure how I'm celebrating yet. Maybe heading to a bar to meet a friend for a bit, maybe staying in and eating sushi and watching When Harry Met Sally.
Sounds like fun, except for the sushi. I have never been a fan.

We are just having a quiet night at home as a family. With two little ones we don't really do the go out for NY's thing. Might splurge and have a glass of wine.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM   #21  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by life4evr View Post
@tschaff04 I feel the same way sometimes. But there are alot of elderly people at the gym I belong it is associated with the hospital so they have some cardiac rehab patients there and I figure if they can do it so can I.

So I will jump back on the WW and excercise badwagon on Monday since I have a lot going on this weekend. Everyone have a good New years eve. I will see you all in the new year.
Glad I am not the only one who feels that way. lol It's not a HUGE gym so at least I don't have tons of people to intimidate me. But I definitely feel awkward.

None the less I am still going in today to work out for an hour. I only got 15 mins on the elliptical yesterday and don't feel anything in my legs. I want them to hurt. lol
Old 12-31-2010, 12:22 PM   #22  
one pound at a time

Today was WI day for me. 195. 1.8 pounds lost this week. I am noticing my weight loss is slowing gradually. Hopefully incorporating the gym for an hour five days a week will do the trick.

I hope everyone has a VERY happy New Year's and enjoy yourselves. But not to much.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:34 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

I joined WW online 3/1/10 and it has helped me lose 50#. I love the new P+ and hope it will help me lose another 50+#. I like having more points to use but I do use them up just as quickly . I like that the weekly points went up so there is a little more wiggle (jiggle??) room especially at this time of year with all the homemade stuff that is hard to figure.

Bunti - Change is hard but its something we should do even if its just our underwear and the sheets!!!

Tschaff - I luv, luv, luv chunky salsa in my eggs. Its an easy way to get veggies in the morning! One of the b ravest things an overweight person can do is go to a gym. It took 2 months to talk myself into going to lift weights out on the floor where everybody can see me. I found out the skinny people watch themselves in the mirror every chance they get. They pay me no never mind whatsoever! CONGRATS on the loss - Yay!!!

Seagirl - our bodies love routine; when mine is out of whack I crave simple carbs to fuel my energy. Its not the best but to stay honest with myself I have to track it. The heartburn problem seems appear when I am not eating the 'right' foods. I can get it to back off a bit when I eat more food. However, to stop my evil cycle, I use Zegerid and that helps right away. WHMS is in my top ten movies! Enjoy!

Angeluv - sometimes fruit does that to me too. Just makes my tummy feel hollow. Sometimes I add a cheese stick and that helps.

Patty - I do like that eveything is tracked in one place and when I feel a little deprived or down about the slowness of the losses, I can look at my chart and see progress (not perfection). Ooooo, fried chicken

Happy and Safe New Year Everybody!!

Last edited by DixC Chix; 12-31-2010 at 12:37 PM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #24  
one pound at a time

DixC Chix,

Thanks for the congrats. Also a cheese stick, or just a small amount of cheese( I find strong flavored cheese like sharp works best) paired with a piece of fruit really does the trick. A small flavorful piece of cheese always seems to satisfy me. With or without fruit.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #25  
one pound at a time

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve and New Years day. I have two resolutions. Be at goal by the end of this New year, and only eat fast food once a month(eventually not at all) but only healthy choices when I do eat it once a month!!

What are some resolutions the rest of you made?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Find more ways to move more and sit less.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #27  
one pound at a time

DixC Chix, I think that's another one I need to adapt.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

NY Resolutions never work for me, but I plan to stay OP, eat healthier and exercise regularly. Had a quiet NY eve and company leaving today. House cleaning etc to get things back to normal.

Hope everyone has a nice New Years Day and that we all have a great WW P+ year.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Went to an hour and a half yoga class this morning, then just got back from an hour walk in the slushy woods - like walking in wet sand!

I bought some bread a small amount of spanish blue cheese (my trigger foods.) I had some at lunch, and some more before dinner. I'm about to wrap up the bread and put it in the freezer, and I only bought 4 oz of the cheese so that's going in the fridge.

It is so tasty, but I know it's possible to eat the entire loaf so I'm putting it out of sight, out of mind.

Making chicken and a whole bunch of mushrooms for dinner. And there are clementines for dessert.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Like i said before i started weight watchers this week and so far this whole points thing is working great for me!...its helping me realize how crazy fattening some stuff is.
The other day for lunch i had two chicken wings and french fries. I thought i hadnt done that bad..cuz its only 2 wings right?? ...the two wings were 12pts!! plus the fries was another 11pts....thats 23 pts out of my 29 pts for the day.
Its really helping me put things in perspective and say...okay i ate 23pts for lunch...now i have to find a dinner with a really low pts value...so its really keeping me in check.
Hopefully it works out long term and i could lose weight.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote