Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #76  

Make them ALL mini. That will force everyone else to choose smarter portions too!

I used the cookie scoop that's about the same diameter as a nickel.
toothlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 237.8/209.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I thought of that right after I posted the last reply, just make them all mini. I bet the only one that would notice would be my oldest (he's 15) my other two are only 5 and 3 so they wont notice that they are mini. And my husband doesn't really like sweets (I know there's something wrong with him!) so mini would be the perfect size for him.
staci73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #78  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

I wanna join I just started with the new system, and really like it! I have been successful on WW before, but it was meetings. I just wanted to say Now I will go back and read all of the posts
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:39 PM   #79  

oh lorrrrd, running a bakery from home((!!!!
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #80  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! Glad to see you all being so successful! And welcome BelovedK. You will love the program and I am sure do very well with it.

I can't say I am doing so well. I have been stuck at 192 all week, since last WI. I am not going over points but I am just not eating right. I feel really blah about my eating and have been doing some serious fruit munching lately. I have to get out of this rut.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinner View Post
oh lorrrrd, running a bakery from home((!!!!
I know and then had the nerve to talk about her daughter.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I know and then had the nerve to talk about her daughter.
If this is in reference to me, where did I "have the nerve to talk about her daughter"?

I was simply posting about one of the obstacles I face. I thought this was a support thread where we could talk about these things. Maybe I was wrong?
Old 01-12-2011, 05:55 PM   #83  

I was talking about the mother daughter team. The baker and her daughter who was over 300 pounds. Not anyone on here.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I was talking about the mother daughter team. The baker and her daughter who was over 300 pounds. Not anyone on here.
Ok, sorry was confused since I just posted about running a bakery out of my home.

Is this on a show you're watching?
Old 01-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
Hey everyone! Glad to see you all being so successful! And welcome BelovedK. You will love the program and I am sure do very well with it.

I can't say I am doing so well. I have been stuck at 192 all week, since last WI. I am not going over points but I am just not eating right. I feel really blah about my eating and have been doing some serious fruit munching lately. I have to get out of this rut.
Would trying some new recipes help maybe? When I did WW before I found that when I got into a rut or started falling into bad habits again trying something new would help me get back on track. I already have a couple of recipes set aside for when I need that boost down the road. You have really done great so far!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #86  

now see how we get things mixed up. There is a mother and daughter who also have a bakery.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 PM   #87  

well right now i can't stand to watch food commercials on tv( whew.....gonna do it, or pass out trying, you know.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #88  
long journey

S/C/G: 222/197/155

Height: 5' 7''

Default Need some suggestions

I have been very successful with ww in the past, I did however recently fall off the wagaon in a major way. That is my problem, I am either watching - or not watching. In the past 3 months I have gained 30 of the 50 lbs I lost. Again, I tend to lose quickly but gain it even faster. Not uncommon for me to gain 6-7 lbs in a week if I fall of the wagon. Anyhow just saw the new weight watcher program, and although they are trying to breathe new life into WW. I need some help. Its great that fresh fruit, and veggies are now mostly zero point foods HOWEVER I am now a diabetic so I can only have up to two small fruit a day anyhow. Any ideas from members what to do. Should I just go back to the old program?
ifatfirstwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #89  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Staci73- I think that is EXACTLY what is wrong. I eat the same foods, same meals, same snacks. I have found what works for me and gotten to comfortable with it. I need new ideas. New snack ideas especially, and meal ideas. I need to go on a search I suppose.

ifatfirstwpg- I don't know much about the diabetic thing. I have never had it but my dad is a full blown diabetic and enjoys many fruits. I guess that depends on the person. I wouldn't go back to the old plan, for one because it wasn't working that great for you and for two because the new plan gives us a sort of push in the right direction making better food choices. It can be tough at some points along the way, I am going through a rocky road on my journey right now, but we have to push through and we will feel stronger for doing so. If you have any questions I am glad to try to help!
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:01 PM   #90  
Determinator

S/C/G: 229.4/223.0/150

Height: 5'4

Hello everyone,
I found 3FC site by doing searches looking for information on WW. I joined WW online last Monday and it has really helped me. So far, in a weeks time, I've lost exactly 6 lbs. & can really tell the difference. I've mostly been eating WW meals b/c they are convenient and taste pretty good. I really enjoy the WW ice cream sandwiches...can't tell the difference in taste. However, this week I've started eating more of salads which have been very fulfilling. Before now you couldn't get me to eat salads, fruits or many vegetables. As w/many I picked up my new years resolution to lose weight and I'm really determined this time around Eating better & exercising daily! Can't wait to see the finish look...watch out now

I believe my only problem would be w/alcoholic beverages. There's really not much on WW to help you count your points accurately. This is an important piece of the equation for me b/c my family gets together most every weekend (friday, saturday & some sundays) & we have wine or vodka or maybe both...lol. If anyone have any info on how to calculate points per drink this would be a great help.

Lets get it!!!
gettingfit is offline   Reply With Quote