Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 11:10 AM   #16  

Carla -glad to hear you'll be joining me on the bike! Thanks for the stir fry info. After Thanksgiving we're due to go to Costco and I'll keep an eye out for it.

Pat - that's a great idea to go back and look at posts from when you first started. I know that will give your motivation a boost. Good for you for getting out the notebook - that's a good step to take back on the road to counting points.

Karen C - WOW - what a super loss! Maybe you should go to Vegas more often. I had to laugh at "ummm..interesting!" - the burritos really are delicious and I'm not the biggest fan of tofu in stir-fries, etc. Glad to hear that you're going to join us exercising.

I had a good day yesterday - the fact that the power went out and I ate lunch late helped me stay satisfied until dinner without having to have a snack. I didn't snack much so I could have enough points for lunch today. This morning was sneak peek was wonderful - I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing and hope that the sneak peek shows up on the "official" scale on Saturday. In any case, I seem to feel more satisfied having the calcium rich food. That Swiss Miss lite every night goes a long way in keeping me satisfied.

Judy
Old 11-14-2001, 11:32 AM   #17  

Good Morning! Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

Judy-late night cocoa sound yummy! Good luck with the sneak peak. I am too scared to look at mine. Whatever you are doing, keep it up.

Karen-6 pounds GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Vegas agreed with you.

Pat-Good for you. Rereading old posts and keeping a journal should really help out. Things already seem better at work, hopefully it will last more than a week or two.

Carla-All that biking sounds great! I will have to join you on my elliptical, no bike here!

Things are same here, staying OP.

Have a great day
Old 11-14-2001, 11:52 AM   #18  
Canadian, eh?

Hi everyone!

I just about finished a huge long post when the "blue screen of death" appeared and I lost everything, so here I go again...

Sorry I didn't get back to post yesterday, I came home from work, had a bite, read the megapostings here, fell into bed. I figured I'd be up all night if I replied! 12 hour shifts can leave you tired, but all the days off are worth it!

Michele - yahoo on your sensational loss! You're well on your way to your cruise goal - where are you off to? Excellent tip about dividing everything up on shopping day!

Jennifa - nice to meet you. I LOL'ed at your cookies are for browsers! Too true about the demon scale! Know what you mean about eating chips and feeling sick. I find nuts kind of addictive, a few just don't cut it for me, so I mostly avoid them.

Carla - great stuff for staying OP and for making a yummy point friendly stirfry. I think I'm one of Costco's best customers. I'll look for the stirfry veggies next time I'm in. Our Canadian products are a bit different sometimes. Good for you for jumping on the bike with Judy! When I got home last night, there was a fabulous new treadmill set up in our room!!!! (was too tired to try it out). I guess Mike is serious about wanting to lose too! So while I won't be pedalling, I'll be walking right alongside both of you!!

Karen C - great to meet you! I've found that most Karens are quite wonderful .! And doggie too!! I grew up on a hobby farm and we had a few goats too - they're so sweet, and the new kids must be to die for. Glad you enjoyed your getaway so much, and hope the official weighin is as great as the sneak peak!

Judy, Judy, Judy... hugs to you. What a traumatic day. Your leader sounds like a wonderful person, and well versed in nutrition. If you don't like drinking your points, how about using your milks to make fatfree puddings? You can make 2 cups for 5 points, and feel like you're having treats too. Nope, Mike wasn't the long distance guy! He proved to be a little too long distance!! I met Mike through a blind date arranged by a girlfriend who had been trying to set us up for a year. I finally gave in, and here I am! Our house wasn't supposed to be a fixer upper either, it's only four years old, but the previous owners did absolutely zero home maintenance, so there have been tons of minor, and not so minor things to do. The painters finished the interior two weeks ago, and will be back in June to do the exterior. Glad you're able to take up exercising again, I'll be walking alongside! Does Angie ever drop by anymore?

Pat - good for you for pulling out the notebook and getting in the exercise. Some of the posts on these boards are so motivating! The exercise makes all the difference in kickstarting the old metabolism.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Pat - Good idea reading through old posts. I never saved any - wish I would have. Wise decision to get out that notebook.

Karen C - I'd be clapping my hands wildly at your loss, but then I wouldn't be able to type. What great news at the scale.

Judy - Glad to hear that eating the calcium rich food is helping. I have a stash of Swiss Miss here and may just break into this afternoon. I'm happy to hear that your sneak peek was good - it's helpful to get confirmation that are efforts are working.

Michele - How do you like the elliptical? I considered getting one for awhile.

Karen B - So when did you hook up with Mike? Were you still posting? I could swear I remember you talking about a chef. What do you like to get at Costco?

Ok, I guess since everyone's jumping on bikes and treadmills and ellipticals (oh my) I had better get it in gear too. Hmm - maybe if I hop on the bike tonight I'll have enough energy left to get something done around the house. Could be a plan. Had an ok day yesteray. Could have been a bit better, but not a disaster by any means. And, this being weigh-in day, I did jump on the scale. Hard to tell whether I'm posting a loss or a gain. I'm definitely lower than those water-logged weigh-ins from **** the past couple of weeks, but am up a couple of pounds from my lowest weigh-on a few weeks ago. So - gain, loss - who knows. It's just good to have a realistic number to use as a reference point.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
266/262/140
Old 11-14-2001, 08:53 PM   #20  
Canadian, eh?

Carla - I think I'd just started seeing Mike when I drifted away! You know, too hung up on a new relationship to find time to worry about trivial things like weight!! Oh well, back to reality!!!! One of my favorite Costco things is the bagged organic Mixed Baby Greens, just grab a handful and stick it in tupperware and voila! gourmet salad. I managed to get a 40 minute walk in on the treadmill today, hope you climbed aboard the ol' bike.
Gotta get ready for work - 7pm till 7 am tonight.

Talk to you all tomorrow

Karen B
Old 11-14-2001, 11:29 PM   #21  

Karen C - Wow...congratulations on the great loss. Were you able to get in your exercise?

Judy - Yeah on the sneak peek. You seem to be on a roll this week so it should show on the scale Saturday.

Michele - Great job staying OP. I'm glad things are better at work.

Karen B - Lucky you...I'd love to have a treadmill, but just don't have room right now. Had to laugh about the house ending up being a fixer upper. We didn't think we would need to do much when we bought this house, but the owners did such a poor job of fixing things we had to do a lot of the work over. Way to go getting in your walk.

Carla - Just use today's number and head down from there. Did you get on the bike? I woke up with a bad headache this morning and decided to go to the mall tonight and walk. Didn't make it though.

I weighed in this morning with a maintain. I had a good day foodwise. I ended up one point over since I didn't get in any exercise...but that's a definite improvement. I'll try getting up early tomorrow for a walk.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 11-15-2001, 08:33 AM   #22  

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great evening!

I ended up going over in points last night, I had them banked, but I still feel like I screwed up BIG time. Lost a little of my motivation this morning. I started rereading my journals and saw that the week I stayed all below my points I lost nothing, so maybe my little mess up (which was Healthy Choice Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream) might be more like doing the Wendie Plan. I am not sure that I want to do that, but I will stay within for the rest of the week and get to Jazzercise which I skipped last night too. I do know now that I can not buy that anymore since I can not say NO to it.

Pat-Great job on the maintain. I know you would much rather a loss, but at least it was not a gain. I hope you made it out for your walk this morning!

Karen B-Great job on the walk. Being married to a chef must be great, the only thing my husband makes is Pountine (Spelling?) and I certainly cant eat that.

Carla-I agree, just take the weight and start from there. I hope you managed to get on the bike last night. I always find I have so much more energy when I get home from Jazzercise or working out on elliptical, which by the way I LOVE. Funny though, it is almost like running and I can do it for 40 minutes or so but I could not run even 1/4 mile with someone chasing me. I would be so dead if a bad guy was after me.

Judy- I think your leader must be wonderful. I have only been going to meetings 3 weeks, but she sounds great. I hope mine is that helpful when I need her, which I am sure I will. I hope things are working out for you.

Karen-you must still be glowing after that wonderful weigh in.

Jennifa-Must feel good to have those clothes fitting better.

Have a great day.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Karen B. - I thought Mike sounded familiar. I'm going to have to look for those organic greens when I'm at Costco this weekend. Have to go to stock up on pop (soda for you non mid-westerners) for Thanksgiving. Might get my turkey there too.

Pat - Congrats on the maintain. Nope, I didn't hop on the bike. We ate rather late and then by the time I got Ana to bed, I was too tired to walk downstairs to the basement, let alone get on the bike.

Michele - I think I'd be in trouble if a bad guy were chasing me too. Although maybe the adreniline would kick in. All I know is I hate running. If you had banked points for the ice cream, then don't fret about messing up. You didn't.

It's a lovely day here and I wish I weren't stuck in my office. I have a meeting all afternoon too, so I'll be stuck in a windowless conference room. Yuck. We're having a pizza lunch today, but that's ok. I've accounted for the points and will work around them. Have a great day everyone.

Carla

Last edited by cece; 11-15-2001 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:01 PM   #24  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning! There's a huge rain and windstorm happening here. Had a nightmarish drive home from work this morning, what ususally takes 20 minutes was an hour and twenty minutes. I'm off to bed soon; good sleeping weather. I drank so much water last night I'll probably be up all day peeing though!

Carla - somedays there just isn't the energy to climb on the bike, especially when you've been chasing a 3 year old. Good for you for planning around the pizza today. Pizza is one of my great favorites. We don't drink soda in Canada either - we drink pop too!

Michele - been there, done that with the ice cream! I can't keep it in the house either. It never lasts more than a day or two. We just buy a very small amount now when we plan for it.

Pat - good work maintaining! One measly little point over won't wreck things for you. And hope the weather cooperates with your planned walk.

Hope you all have a terrific point friendly day...

Karen B
Old 11-15-2001, 02:04 PM   #25  

Carla - sounds like you have a good attitude about those numbers on the scale. Sorry to hear you didn't make it onto the bike. Have you thought about trying to do it in the morning? ( I know, I have a lot of nervve asking you that since I stopped getting up extra early to exercise a while ago). Way to go on working around the pizza!

Karen B - Way to go on getting on the treadmill! How long do those bagged organic Mixed Baby Greens last? Sounds like a quick, low-point snack. Forgive me for asking but my mind has been like a sieve recently and I just forgot. Are you a nurse? I'm asking because my step daughter is and about 6 months ago started working a 12 hour shift 3 days a week. She says it's rough but it's great to have the other days off - she can spend more time with our grandson. Also, the hospital at which she works is a much better hospital than before. Sorry to hear you had a nightmarish drive home from work this morning. Oh, BTW, I think that Angie stops in and "reads" our thread once in a while. She contacted me on the 11th because she knew I worked in NYC.

Pat - YAY on the maintain! It sounds like you are really getting into the groove again. Sorry to hear you woke up with a headache - I hope it's better. I agree with Karen - one measly little ol' point won't make a difference.

Michele - Don't beat yourself up about the ice cream - if you had the points banked it was perfectly "legal". I know what you mean about having a hard time saying no to the Healthy Choice ice cream. I used to buy it in the pints but I found that I started to eat way more of the pint than I wanted to so I stopped buying it for now. I find that if I get the Skinny Cows, a "serving" is easy to identify and I never seem to take 2 of them. Do you calculate your activity points? If you do Jazzercise, don't count the points, don't eat your banked points and stay towards the low end of your range, you may be under-eating which can stop or slow your weight loss. Yes, my leader is wonderful and she really helped me on Saturday.

Well, I did it. I got on the bike this morning and pedaled about 40 minutes watching TV while a program (job) ran. I can't say I enjoyed it but it felt good to get moving again and work up a little sweat. I've even considered checking out the spinning classes at the gym again. I went to an introductory course a long time ago but never followed up on it because, well, I can't stand stationary bikes ever since I rehab'd my knee. Maybe in a class with music it would seem less boring. Has anyone gone to a Charlie Brown's? My sister and bil invited us out to dinner this weekend and mentioned this place that had taken over from a Sante Fe. I looked on Dottie's site but couldn't find points listed.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #26  

Michele - As long as you had the points banked you were right OP. That H.C. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is one thing I can't have in the house any more. My kids love it, but are satisfied having it every couple of days. I want it every night!

Carla - I know how life can get in the way of exercising in the evenings...been there many times. That's why I'd really like to get back to the morning exercise.

Karen B - Sorry you had such a rough ride home. My husband works 12 hour nights at a hospital about 30-40 minutes away. He works a "weekend option" so he is on every Friday and Saturday and one other day during the week (plus a little overtime most pay periods). Weather definitely is cooperating with me for the walks. Its been in the 70's all week.

Judy - Way to go getting on the bike. I know its a struggle for you since you don't like it, but I'm sure it felt good to do something. Never heard of Charlie Brown's so I can't help you there.

I did get out for my walk this morning and did pretty well with the food. I ended up 2 points over, but I they were for some fruit since I was really hungry this afternoon and didn't have any points left. Eating fruit was not what got me here so I'm not worried about it.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 11-16-2001, 08:21 AM   #27  

Good Morning!
I found my motivation again, just left me for the day thank goodness I stayed OP yest. and got in a Jazzercise class. I went to Walmart last night and bought an exercise outfit, I got a medium top and large pants, well to my surprise the large pants were too big They are not falling off by any means, but they were loose and kind of baggy in the crotch area. Then this morning I put on my jeans and did not have to wiggle, shimmy or suck anything in. I have not been wearing my jeans lately as they are/were not comfortable. Again, they are by no means falling off, but they are comfortable. Ice Cream? No Way! I hope I feel the same way when we go out to eat tomorrow night, the rest. has the BEST prime rib!!!!!!!!

Pat, thanks for the kind words. You are right about the fruit, it certainly was not what got any of us here. Great job getting out for your walk. 70's huh? It was in the 20's here the other day , but it is about 50 today.

Judy, my leader told me the same thing about not eating enough points. My first week I did not and lost nothing, I started eating more especially the nights I work out and it seems to be working. Good for you on getting on that bike, spinning class? sounds interesting! Let me know.

Karen B-sorry about the ride. I hate that, I remember driving home from work one night (back when I used to bartend) in a blizzard (about 12+ inches), took me 2 hours, plows had not been out, live wires down in middle or roads, it was awful. Thank goodness for 4wheel drive. My arms were so sore next day from being so tense while holding steering wheel.

Carla, I hope you enjoyed the pizza, gotta make that meeting better anyway. I hate them myself!

Well everyone else, I hope you are all well.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:27 PM   #28  

Pat - LOL about the fruit not being the culprit. I think it's fine to go over a couple on fruit - it's the high sugar, no fiber, no nutrition stuff that we have to watch out for. Glad to hear that the weather has been cooperating and way to go on getting out for that walk. Yes, it felt good to be doing something but I haven't managed to get on the bike today - maybe I'll do yoga tape after work.

Michele - doesn't it feel great when your clothes start to loosen up? I love it - no wiggle, shimmy or sucking anything in - LOL! I'm glad to hear that you got your motivation back!

I had a good evening - I managed to bank a point and a couple of activity points and still feel satisified - that Swiss Miss Lite is really helping. I never thought that drinking something would make me feel satisfied but it does. I hope my sneak peek shows up on the "official scale" tomorrow morning - it wa a lovely number that I haven't seen in a while!

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Old 11-16-2001, 06:04 PM   #29  
Canadian, eh?

Good Afternoon everyone!

Judy, yup, memory serves you correctly, I'm an RN. I work in a Long Term Care Facility. We started doing 12 hour shifts in the summer, I love them. On my work days, it's pretty much work, eat, sleep, but all the extra days off are worth it. I do 2 days, 2 nights, five off. Every four weeks or so I get 6 off. Good for you for climbing aboard the bike y'day and getting a workout. Goodluck with the weigh in! I find hot chocolate to be a real comfort thing, maybe that's why it's so satisfying. The bagged salad is really fresh and keeps at least a week.

Michele, what a woman! OP and Jazzercised! Don't you just love it when jeans get comfy again. A real indicator of success! Hope you enjoy your dinner out.

Pat, great choice with the fruit! And way to go with the walk. Your weather sounds glorious. Its not too bad here today.

Well, I'm pleased to report my first loss - 3 lbs gone for good. Yesterday afternoon I did a 45 minute weightloss program on the treadmill and actually felt good at the end of it!

Hope you all have a great weekend

Karen
254/251/150
Old 11-17-2001, 05:41 AM   #30  

Hi everyone, I've been trying to post for two days but it isn't working. I hope you get this one! I'm having terrible problems with the site loading too. Anyway I'm not able to read your messages, so can't respond, sorry. HOpe you are all staying OP, exercising and losing! That evil scale of mine is going haywire, LOL! I'm staying OP and exercising with everyone else. You have a great weekend!
Closed Thread