Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 08:44 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 11/5 - 11/11

Starting the topic. Be back in a flash
Old 11-05-2001, 08:49 AM   #2  

Hi all,

I'm glad to report that I lost the 0.8 of the 1.8 I gained two weeks ago. I was hoping to lose it all but I'm determined to do that this week. I didn't do very well this weekend food-wise. A stressful conversation with my boss Friday night (they want to give me more things to manage) and of course the World Series didn't help (although it was a "good" one from the standpoint of excitement). Nevertheless, I got back on track yesterday evening and plan to be OP totally. No exercise for me - my ankle was bothering me most of the weekend. I'm going to see if I can get in to see the orthopedist this week - I have to see him about the shoulder MRI anyway.

Hope you all had a good weekend,
Judy
163.6/158/135
Old 11-05-2001, 12:48 PM   #3  

Hi Judy, good news about the loss, bad news about the boss! Don't you just hate it when they give you more responsibility without more money? I guess with the state of the economy, there isn't much choice. Hope you do get to see the ortho and get that ankle and shoulder straightened out.

Not much to report, stayed on program, exercised, did all the right things. I'm leaving early Wed. morning for Las Vegas, so will check in tomorrow, then not again until Sunday. I guess I'll miss weigh in this week, but hope to have a maintain next week. Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2001, 01:26 PM   #4  

Good Afternoon! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I weighed in today at 177, a 2.6 loss.

Karen, have a great trip! Just remember to eat in moderation and you will be fine.

Judy, Congrats on the loss. Keep up the good work and I hope your ankle is feeling better soon.

Not a very exciting weekend here, just a little more Christmas shopping and of course soccer and basketball

Have a great day!
Old 11-05-2001, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on that loss! I know you'll have the 1 pound off by this Saturday's weigh-in. Sorry to hear about your stressful conversation with your boss. I think we're operating in parallel universes. I started my new position with my former boss last month while I'm still knee deep in conversions. It was supposed to be a gradual transition.... well, you know how those go. Hang in there.

Karen - Have a terrific trip to Vegas. I have every confidence that you'll see at least a maintain when you weigh in next week.

Jennifa - I saw your last post on last week's thread. I hope you're back in the groove now. That Halloween candy got to me too. It's amazing that you can go so long without eating.

Well, my good news for the day is that my Daytimer, that was in the tote bag stolen from my car last weekend, has been recovered. I got a phone call from the management office of an apartment complex by my house. Their landscaper found it. It's a huge relief, that's for sure. As for my eating, the weekend was ok, but by no means great. I'm still really bloated so I expect TOM will be any day now. I have a new notebook to journal my points in and I started using it today. I'm determined to be back on track. It's such a struggle to curb yourself after indiscriminate eating, but I'm going to do it. Now to stay away from all the leftover Halloween candy floating around this office.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 11-05-2001, 01:30 PM   #6  

Michele - We were posting at the same time.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:29 PM   #7  

Michele, WOOHOO!! Congrats on that amazing 2.6 pound loss! All that exercise is really paying off. I'm sure you'll be looking sexy in that swimsuit next January for you cruise.

Carla, I'm so relieved you got your daytimer back. Good luck with the new journal. I know what you mean about getting back OP after a few sweets. I am having lots and lots of sweet cravings, but fortunately I don't have any candy to tempt me. Hang in there!
Old 11-05-2001, 04:46 PM   #8  

Michele,

Somehow I missed that terrific loss. Congratulations!
Old 11-05-2001, 11:00 PM   #9  

Judy - Congratulations on the loss. Good job getting back OP. Hope you can get in soon to have your ankle checked. You've had more than your share of aches and pains lately.

Karen - Good job staying OP and exercising. Have a great time in Vegas.

Michele - Congratulations on a great loss.

Carla - Glad to hear your Daytimer was recovered. I know what you mean about trying to curb yourself after getting off track. I'm having trouble getting back on track for more than a day or two. I know what I should be eating, but when the time comes I don't make good choices.

I didn't weigh in today. I woke up bloated (its TOM) and after having pizza three times this weekend, I didn't want to face it. I did get up early and take a walk this morning. Had a great OP day until I got home from work. I missed my afternoon snack (too busy) and was too hungry by the time I got home. I should have eaten the snack on the way home, but I thought we would be eating as soon as I got home. Instead Darrell had to run somewhere and I got into Laura's snacks.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 11-06-2001, 10:31 AM   #10  

Thank you so much for your kind words! I really needed them today. My diet is fine, just really hating my job right now. If I don't quit today it will be a miracle. The sad part is I don't think my bosses girlfriend realizes what a pain in the a** she really is. She is soooo selfish I can't stand it. He knows, but just ignores her and continues to treat her like crap, so it does not bother him. I can't ignore her, she won't let me. The demands she puts on me are unreal, I am not her employee, I can't take it. I am shaking right now I am so upset. Fighting back the tears of aggrivation. He tells me to just tell her no, but I feel like I can't or she will make my life miserable. Just don't know which will make me more miserable.

Sorry to unload on you, just had to vent somewhere.

Everyone have a great day. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-06-2001, 01:59 PM   #11  

Hi all,

Pat - Congrats on getting up early yesterday and walking! I'm with you on the bloated thing. I'd like to avoid the scale tomorrow, but I think I will weigh in, but not take the number on the scale as the final answer.

Michele - Hang in there. Here are some {{{hugs}}}. Your boss' GF sounds like a real piece of work. And I'm sure that it doesn't help that you're in the middle of what seems to be their dysfunctional relationship. Is there any chance you can sit down with her and tell her how she's making you feel? (That would be hard for me to do.) Or maybe when she asks you to do something, re-direct her to your boss. Something like, "You'll have to run that by "X", I'm busy working on something for him and he'll have to determine if I can switch gears." That way he can tell her no. It does sound, though, that given their relationship, your best move might be to find a new job. I feel for you. It's tough going to work knowing you're going to be miserable.

I did ok yesterday until the end of the day. Candy in the office got to me. But, I'm still plugging along today. I have to do this; I just have to. I just wish some of this bloat would go away. I'm really chugging my water today, so maybe that will help. Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 11-06-2001, 02:08 PM   #12  

Michele, Carla gave good advice, but if you can't say anything to the girlfriend, how about having a word with your boss and ask him to tell her to lay off! You're between a rock and a hard place and you must get some relief to make your life less stressful.

Carla, yes the water will help, drink lots and lots of it. Plan snacks to keep from getting into the office candy jar.

Pat, good for you for walking! Drink that water too.

Had my hair and nails done this morning, big Vegas Showgirl hair (call me Fifi!), got home and packed already! I'm so excited I have to force myself to eat! You all have a great week and I'll report in on Sunday or Monday.
Old 11-06-2001, 02:33 PM   #13  

Carla, Thanks for the hugs. Talking to her is like talking to a wall. Talking to him is a waste of time. He tells her whatever, so that is no help. I would love to find another job, but my paycheck and benefits would be hard to leave. Today, they are not worth it, other days they are. It is so much more complicated than I have time to write or bore you with. My biggest mistake was taking a job from a friend in the first place. I am really being taken advantage of and I think my boss is finally seeing the light (a little) but it will be a long road for all of us.

Again I appreciate your listening to me whine. Have a great day!
Old 11-06-2001, 02:34 PM   #14  

Karen, HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2001, 11:29 PM   #15  

Michele - Sounds like you are really stuck in the middle at work. I know what you mean about leaving the salary and benefits, but maybe you could do some checking and see what else is out there. I really feel for you. No one should have to put up with that at work! Feel free to vent here any time.

Carla - I sure hope the bloating has gone away. I stepped on the scale this morning and it still wasn't good.

Karen - Have a great time!

I got up and did weights this morning. Wow, two days in a row of early morning exercise! Did so-so with the food. I got some really bad news at work today. My Tue/Thurs boss had cancer 7 years ago and he just found out it is back. He has to go for a scan to see if it is anywhere else, and as long as the scan is clear, will be starting radiation. I feel so bad for him. Not only is he worried about the cancer, but he has custody of his three kids (17, 11, 10). His ex-wife is an alcoholic and drug user and refuses to admit she has a problem. If anything happens to him, she will get the kids back and he knows she can't handle them.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Pat
Closed Thread