WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2001, 02:05 AM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

For those of us going to eat a Mexican restaurant those chips can be deadly.

I recently went to eat with a naturally thin friend of mine at a local Mexican restaurant. Since I always observe how she eats to try to learn how to eat like a thin person.

Well she took 3 or 4 chips and broke them up on a salad size plate and topped them with some salsa and ate them with a fork. She fell satisifed with only the 3-4 chips and lots of salsa.
Old 02-17-2001, 03:51 AM   #2  

That's a great tip Kelly --- those chips are my weakness at the Mexican restaurants!

------------------
Tracy
320/285/150
OP Since 10/30/00
Old 02-17-2001, 10:30 PM   #3  
Is is spring yet??

That really is a good tip! Thanks for sharing it. I have always said I could live on chips and salsa every day! I love them so much Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Old 02-18-2001, 10:16 PM   #4  

Thanks for the tip, Kelly. I have avoided Mexican restaurants because with a margarita and a basket of chips and salsa in front of me - I'm lost. The meal, at least, isn't too difficult - I generally choose fajitas, although I really would prefer the chimichangas. I;m going to try the chips and salsa advice at home first. Thanks again, Kel.
Old 02-18-2001, 11:07 PM   #5  
Back To Lifetime....!!

My DH and I just went out to a mexican place the other nite. I did something similar to your friend Kelly. I took 3 chips & broke them into smaller pieces while enjoying them w/salsa, too.

The only thing I do different is that I ask the server for a small side of carrots fand/or celery as well. I really enjoy the crunchy-ness of the veges in the salsa along w/the chips.

Just an idea! Nona
Old 02-27-2001, 04:47 AM   #6  

What a great idea for all of us who love mexican food but are afraid of those chips. Thanks Kelly for the tip.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:14 AM   #7  
Determined Chick!

Great tips! A lady at my last WW meeting was talking about how she always dreaded going to her family's favorite mexican rest. because of her weakness for the chips. However, the last time she went, she tucked a pre-measured bag of her baked chips in her purse, and enjoyed the rest. salsa with the chips. She stayed in control, and didn't feel deprived.

I've been making some very yummy fresh salsa at home, and I sometimes eat it with a spoon -- who needs the chips?! Holly
Old 03-09-2001, 03:36 AM   #8  

Lyontamer,
I do exactly as your friend does. I take my premeasured portion of my WOW tostitos and enjoy. I absolutely don't want to feel deprived, but a margarita and a basket of chips will send me on an ugly path! At least if I have MY chips, I will be ok! My other favorite thing to get at a mexican restaurant is to request grilled shrimp and veggie fajitas (request NO cooking oil...this usually means you get just a little!). I don't bother with the tortillas, shove the guacamole and sour cream to the other side of the table, and I end up leaving satisfied!
Old 03-10-2001, 06:02 PM   #9  

Kelly,

Thanks for the great tip!!

Gentle Angel
Closed Thread