WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2001, 10:45 PM   #31  

Default pumpkin pudding

I want to try this, it sounds so good. My daughter made a version of this a few years ago and it required cooking. Does this recipe require cooking or only mixing and cooling?
Old 03-18-2001, 02:03 PM   #32  
Determined Chick!

Great ideas! I *love* the grahm cracker/coolwhip ice cream sandwiches and eat them every day! I have to only make 1 serving a day or I'd eat way to many!

Folgers has a new coffee drink out - instant latte. 2 pts for a large mug, and it is very good! Much better than International Coffees (more coffee flavor). I like the Straight Up Latte version. Very sweet and creamy (not sugar or fat free). It is a great drink to have while doing a little surfing :-).

Holly
Old 03-18-2001, 04:49 PM   #33  
Teacher Lady

Sara Lee Cheesecake bites are only two points each. They come 10 to a box for about $4.99. They are perfect to end a meal and are individually wrapped.

I woudln't be without a box in my freezer!
Old 03-20-2001, 01:49 PM   #34  
Dragon Diva

Default More sweet stuff....

I live for dessert! I like things I can easily throw in my lunch bag and things that are 3 points or less. Some of my favorites are:
Sweet Escapes bars - 2 pts, and the triple chocolate wafer bar is really chocolatey.
Jellie Bellies - 15 for one point. Mixed flavor bag yields a lot of surprises.
Honey Nut cheerios - the individual serving box is 2 pts, I eat them like little kids do - dry.
Golden Graham treats - esp. the S'mores flavor - 2 pts. (Note, these do not like the fridge.)
Old 03-21-2001, 07:28 AM   #35  

I like pumpkin pie, but the recipe sounds scary. Maybe I'll try it sometime, though. I mean, I've tried enough weird stuff lately -- half of which seems to be a flop, but the other half is good new stuff to try.

I do fat free pudding cups (2 points) for a chocolate fix. Or sometimes I do hard caramels, like Werther's Originals, but I haven't done them in a long time so I don't remember the points -- maybe 3 for 2 points, but don't quote me on that! Cat's Cookies, from Trader Joes, are good -- I think it's 2 points a serving, but I forget offhand. Sometimes I can eat a Hershey miniature, or a Girl Scout Thin Mint, or a Keebler fudge cookie -- but other times, one leads to a dozen!

I eat something sweet every day, spending 2-5 points on it. Today's sweet with a Clif chocolate chip bar for breakfast. Yesterday's was 30 (yes, I counted, hee) chocolate-covered raisins. Ofttimes I'll have a Smart Ones dessert, or a small dish of light ice cream (which I always figure as 4-5 points, as my version of 'small' seems to differ from the manufacturers' when it comes to ice cream).
Old 03-21-2001, 03:25 PM   #36  
Teacher Lady

Scuttle:

Have you tried the Sara Lee cheesecake bites? They are only 2 points each and wonderfully satisfying!
Old 03-21-2001, 06:27 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally posted by spinksy
Scuttle:

Have you tried the Sara Lee cheesecake bites? They are only 2 points each and wonderfully satisfying!
Nope, but I've seen them in the stores, near the pudding. I think when I run through this 6-pack of fat free pudding, I'll pick up a box of those instead.

Er, how many are in a box? Part of my sometimes-binge mentality makes me cautious of buying things with more than 6 servings in a box, just in case I go haywire. Man, you know it's bad when you start figuring out points not by the serving, but by the box!
Old 03-21-2001, 08:00 PM   #38  
Teacher Lady

Hey Scuttle....

There are 10 in a box...individually wrapped!!!
They are about $4.99 a box and you will love them!
I don't binge on them and have that same binge mentality!

Enjoy. They are worth it. I picked up another box tonight.
Closed Thread