Old 10-23-2001, 09:17 AM   #1  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Talking I'm new here!

Hello Everyone! I am new here, and would really like to get to know some of you! I need lots and lots of support!

I am on week 2, Day 4 of the CAD. I have lost 5 pounds so far. I am finding the diet very easy to stick to, I am really psyched about finding a diet that works for me! I have never before been able to stick to a diet for any length of time. I craved sugary junk foods, and I couldn't control my impulses. Since I began this diet. I can for the first time in my life control what I put in my mouth.

I currently weigh 191 pounds. I had lost 26 pounds after the birth of my daughter, and then gained some of it back. My starting weight before CAD 196. My goal weight is 140, but I would be happy with 150 if my body decides that's a healthier weight for me. I just want to weigh less than my fiance!

I have 3 children ages 10, 3, and 7 months. The oldest two are boys, the youngest is my baby girl. I really began to gain weight after the birth of my second son. I was put on Depo Provera for birth control and gained over 30 pounds while I was on it. It also sent me into a depression, that took several months to come out of...with the help of Zoloft. By the time i found out i was pregnant with #3 I weighed 207 pounds! That rose to 213 by the time I was ready to give birth to my daughter. I lost some weight after I gave birth, and for the next two months because I was breast feeding. After I stopped breast feeding I still pretty much maintained my weight loss...give or take a few pounds.

Being on CAD has stopped my craving for sweets and has given me control. I really truly believe that I will reach my weight loss goal this time!

I would love to get some diet buddies to help motivate each other. Would you be my friend???

Melody
Old 10-23-2001, 10:26 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

WELCOME MELODY~~~~~

Of course we will be your friend. I also am trying to stick to the CAD diet...I've been going up and down like mad.

I have a 2 month old daughter and I promised myself by her 1st birthday I would like to wear a pair of shorts and feel good about myself, besides I want my daughter to have a healthy happy energetic Mom.... I need to lose 70 lbs (at least).

I would love to follow the diet along with you.

Love, Leens
Old 10-23-2001, 11:33 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Hi melody welcome to the group. we are a happy bunch here and we all give (and get) support here. post on the daily to get to know everybody and join in our weekly and monthly challenges, and the holiday goal setting. the more you post i find the better you do. i do great but when i start to drifty i start to drift with the diet too. so stick around and welcome
Old 10-23-2001, 12:21 PM   #4  

Angry

Hello Melody! I am new here also and just wanted to say hello. My name is Mel (short for melissa) and I am starting (for the second time) a low carb diet. Please keep in touch so we all know how it's going for you! Big Hugs~ Mel
Old 10-23-2001, 01:20 PM   #5  
Muscle Mommy

Smile

Hey everybody! It's great to have found this website...This is my first day here and I am hooked! I just joined a"Rest of the week" challenge, so that is motivation I needed to exercise. I am happy to be here, and I feel lucky to have found all of you! Let me know how your diets are going!

Lots of Love

Melody
Old 10-23-2001, 04:08 PM   #6  

Default Welcome !

Hi Melody ! Welcome !!! I'm new here also and I "think" I'm gonna try following Protein Power myself. Not positive yet. I've got alot of reading to do of the various plans to find one that I can live with - for life ! Good luck with CAD and welcome again !!! Denise
Old 10-23-2001, 04:31 PM   #7  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Melody!

Congrats on your loss so far.

You're going to love this site. It's full of support and help. I'm following Atkins. CAD would be dangerous for me since I tend to be an all or nothing type person.

Please check out the daily thread where we chit-chat about "stuff".

Good Luck!

Jennifer
Old 10-24-2001, 02:09 PM   #8  
Muscle Mommy

Talking

Thanks Everyone! I Love it here! I am on CAD because I KNOW i could not stick with atkins...I need to have that reward meal once a day! I have no will power, and need to tell meyself..."just wait you can have it at the reward emal if you want it...so this works best for me!

Thanks for all the welcoming wishes!

Old 10-24-2001, 02:36 PM   #9  

Hi Melody,
I'm a true-blue CAD girl too. Love the Reward Meal! And, most importantly, I can stick to this plan. I did CAD before, fell off the wagon big time and am back again. I've lost 22 pounds since Sept. 1 and aim to keep going strong. Glad to have you join us!
Chickadee
Old 10-24-2001, 02:46 PM   #10  

Default Hello!

I just sort of hang out here! I've been reading about the Low Carb way of life and I think it's interesting. If you read past threads, you'll notice that everyone here is very kind...a little silly sometimes, but always kind! We try to support everyone in all aspects of their lives, not just with the dieting. Read the daily threads and join us as they are really fun.

Again, welcome to you and the other new friends!
Old 10-24-2001, 07:17 PM   #11  

Hi everybody !

Great loss Chickadee !!! I hope to do as well ! Take care, Denise
Old 10-26-2001, 01:14 PM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Smile

Way to go Chickadee, that is a good loss. I am stuck at 5 lbs lost this week. I went up a pound yesterday, and this morning I was back down at 191. I will stick tp my diet this weekend....I know I can....I know I can.....
Old 10-26-2001, 01:38 PM   #13  

Hi Melody,
Are you doing the weight averaging that the Heller's suggest? I really like doing it that way and it makes a lot of sense to me, especially with TOM and water retention, etc. Five pounds is pretty phenomenal! You go girl.
Chickadee
Old 11-07-2001, 08:38 AM   #14  
Muscle Mommy

Hey Thanks for the great welcome! I love it here, and I really need the support....i havejust started a SECOND job, and have been VERY busy. I have had no time to post. I also fell off of the LOW CARB WAGON! I am geting back on tomorrow though. With TOM cravings, HAlloween candy, and the new job I just couldn't hang with it. I check in tomorrow afternoon and let you guys know how I am doing

lots of love!
Old 11-07-2001, 02:35 PM   #15  

Welcome Melody!

I am doing CALP myself (a later version of CAD by the Dr.'s Heller) and I alos find it easy to stick to! The problem is when my sweet totth acts up--look out! Just restarted again, oh seems like the billionth time but I really know it isn't and trust me, there are a LOT of fabulous chicks out there who know exactly what you're going through--welcome aboard!