Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 10:24 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Interesting thread. Have never rode a horse in my life never mind taken care of one.

This looks like a great bulletin board. Lots of subjects are covered.

jennieloo, you seem a bit compulsive about your weight loss. Take it from a life time member who still goes monthly to meetings. It is best to take it slow and not get "hung" up on the scale. We all plateau from time to time and if you need to see a loss then you will have a problem when you don't. Release that scale.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:38 PM   #17  
Happy Member

Quote:
maybe i took what you said in the wrong way ally but i took it the way it came across
Not trying to bring you down, Jennilou, but just LOOK at how far you've come! I guess I'm just not understanding why a person who lost 1.8# would be unhappy about losing "only" that much. If it's a boost you need, I would be happy to help. That's what we are all here for, right? Just didn't realize a person who lost 1.8# would need one!! Just look again at your signature at the bottom of your post!! You're doing great!!!

Ally

Last edited by Ally-oop; 08-24-2001 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2001, 11:40 PM   #18  
Happy Member

Hey, PJ, I'm with you.....I guess we gotta drag some Owl Butts back here to the nest!!!

Old 08-25-2001, 10:44 AM   #19  

jennilou..anyloss is a great loss, sometimes I onlylost .5 every two weeks but I stuck with it and now I'm at goal! I shoveled too much snow last winter and got an inflamation in my left elbow that will not heal. I also have Fibromyalgia like PJ. It is my whole left side that is in pain and it hurts to move my fingers or grip anything. I managed to work throught the pain and do all my gardening in this spring but I think I made it worse

Pj..I have a lot of loose skin now! EEEEWWWW is right! DH says I have nice legs though Your are having surgery on your knee????

Ally...good encouragement for all of us on the scale thing!

My sunset........
Old 08-25-2001, 08:14 PM   #20  
Teacher chick

Red face

Hey Owls, I'm not too far from the nest. I'm just busier than I know I've been in ages, with getting the classroom set up (getting there) and the disability papers complete for hubby (I HATE those people), so there is little time to post. I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

Pammy gave me an idea (a good one). I'm going to put a daily quote on my board at school. I can't use hers though because they are too advanced for my students. I'm now searching the internet for KID quotes.

Hope you all are well!

Judy
Old 08-25-2001, 08:40 PM   #21  

Default Mama Owl is still here!!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't had time to even turn my computer on in like 2 weeks now. My life has taken one of those crazy turns lately, you know when you don't have time to barely breathe!! Work has been crazy because the last 4 weeks we have had one person out each week from the office on vacation, next week will be the first week in a long time that we are all there. Ofcourse that means by the end of the week we will be all caught back up and things will get boring again, LOL! We have been going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and ofcourse I have been going to weight watchers, I have switched to mondays. Oh yeah, I might as well spill the beans I GAINED .4 on monday I started to get upset and then I looked at my weigh in card and have lost consistently the 9 weeks before this so I can't complain. This morning we went to the gym, then grocery shopping and then took the girls to the circus, I am wiped. I still have to hem up about 6 more pair of pants for the kids school, they start Wednesday so I better get my butt in gear, the only other thing I need to buy them is new underwear.

I am still doing great OP, every now and then I cheat a bit but it seems to be working for me and I am looking forward to a loss on Monday, I should get my 25# magnet. I am oh so close to seeing those 170's and I can't wait. Well I guess that catches you all up on me. I see we have some new owls and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi to all the regulars, I have missed you all.

Bren
Old 08-25-2001, 10:46 PM   #22  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Ok....I'm going to be brave and show you a picture of "THE NEW ME".....lol......AS A BLONDE....Well, foiled blonde.

Last edited by PJ; 08-25-2001 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-26-2001, 01:36 AM   #23  

Judy...hope you Steve's papers filled and a quote for the board sounds great I know how busy a teacher can be and that is too busy for me!

PJ..I like you as a blonde, younger looking too! (Not that you looked old to begin with)

Bren..you are doing so good! My walking and yard work has been down due to fatigue and then don't burn anything so my metabo just shuts down. I am trying to maintain and it is harder than losing! I haven't even upped my points yet, just eating at my maxium for awhile and I think I might be up..just feels like it!

Crappola..my arm is hurting so gotta go!

Here is a cutie My sis's grandaughter's 1rst Birthday!
Old 08-26-2001, 07:34 AM   #24  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Ok....now I'm REALLY GETTING BRAVE.

Here's me this past July, at my new weight but before I changed my hair color. In the past, you've all said I was wearing baggy shirts and you couldn't really see my body. WELL!!!!!! In THIS picture, I'm holding the shirt tight with my right hand so you can see the big hips that are still there but the waist that is FINALLY starting to come back. Better than the rolls that used to be there.
I did well on program yesterday but need to get more fruit and veggies in. I drink V-8 and that helps but there's nothing like FRESH and FIBER.

Brenda - Way to go on your losses!!!!! I hadn't realized you lost that much already. Nice job girlfriend.

Candice - I LOVE b'day cake on the face pictures. She's a cutie-pa-tootie!

To my Judygal - Try and take care of yourself. I know it's easier said than done but I can tell already that you're stressed. Slow down and take it easy whenever you can. That's your Dr. Pammys orders!!!!!!!! Got it? Love ya!!!

That's it for me this morning. I'll catch you all on the "fly" later on.
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-27-2001, 05:00 AM   #25  

Unhappy Trying to figure this all out!

Hi everyone! This is my first time to use a chat room, moreless a WW group. So please be patient with me as I learn how to make this all happen!
I've been reading the messages here and wondered if someone could give me some feedback on a problem I've been having. I started WW 13 weeks ago. I've had some success, but of course, never as much as I'd like. Anyhow, because I weigh more than most folks, they need to add an extra weight onto the scale in order for me to weigh properly. My problem is that out of the first 12 weeks, 1/4 of them I was unable to weigh because they didn't have the extra weight available. Now, it takes alot for me to first of all get to these meetings; most places have lousy parking and I can't walk real far without having problems. Then to stand in the long lines for sometimes more than 30 minutes, I'm pretty wiped out by the time I get up to my turn to pay and weigh. So to be disappointed AGAIN and not be able to weigh has been a real disheartening problem for me. I've called the head office (they refunded my money for 2 of the weeks--big deal), but I'm embarrassed about the whole thing.
Am I wrong to believe that WW sbould be prepared with the proper equipment to weight everyone?
Why should I keep coming to meetings to be either turned away without being weighed, or embarassed and distraught just to find out whether they can weigh me. This is a very difficult thing for me and I'm trying, but I wish they had a better solution.
I did find one place here that has a digital scale and that has helped, but someone told me they don't always have the digital scale there.
Any ideas??
Thanks for listening. Oh yeah, I have lost 20 pounds so far, but I have so far to go, I'm getting very discouraged.

Calhoundoggy
Old 08-27-2001, 08:48 AM   #26  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Hi Cal - And Welcome to the NIGHT OWLS. Personally???
I like the digital scales, much more accurate but as for as everything else goes? I'm ready to write into WW headquarters .....quoting your post because they should be ashamed of themselves.

I've got to get to a Dr's appt. but I'll be back to post more about this. Hang in there Cal.

Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 08-27-2001, 02:27 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Ok I'm shaking the nest to get all these sleeping beauties up and posting!!

Where the heck is everyone? This is gonna be quick because I am at work trying to wrap things up so I can go home!

Well I am still totally motivated....I lost 3 more lbs...for a total of 11 1/2 so far...still a ways to go but like the last time..every bit adds up until one day you really notice alot has come off!! We joined the YMCA and I half heartedly started and then they closed this weekend and next weekend and Mon and Tues of this week for renovations so I have to get my rear end walking or something in the mean time!

I think most of the hurdles are over for now...at least until my son's 1st birthday party. But I am sure I will do fine...I can plan for that piece of cake and then send the rest home with everyone else! I'm gonna try and insert a pic here but I am inexperienced at it so if it doesn't show just ignore me!

Have a great day! Michelle K

ok its too big I will have to try later to reduce
Old 08-27-2001, 09:19 PM   #28  

Hi There Everyone,

Well my weigh-in tonight went soooooo much better than last week. I lost 1.8#'sI got my 25# magnet, yippee that means 25.2#'s lost since rejoining and 41#'s since my highest weight.

PJ, thanks, yes I know it is a surprise You have known me for over 2.5 years now and I have never got down this low since the beginning of the night owls, I am going all the way this time. By the way you look grreeeeeeaaaaaaatttttttt!!!!!! You are doing awesome.

Michelle, you are off to a great start, keep up the good work.

Calhounddoggy, I have to agree with you. Ww should definitely be better prepared, especially if they know you are coming each week. I am sorry you have had such a hard time. Please don't give up or feel embarassed. Like my leader says, Everyone in a ww meeting understands what you are going through. We are all in this together. Be proud of yourself that you are facing your challenges, and don't EVER feel bad or embarassed about what you are doing. We will all do this together and hey the rate you are going, sometime in the near future you won't need that added weight to the scale. You WILL get there as long as you don't give up.

Candice, I have heard that maintenance is very difficult. It is hard to get out of losing mode and I know that maintenance can be just as difficult, if not more, than losing mode. Just realize how far you have come and don't ever go back there, you will get the right mix, it is a whole new learning experience for you, congratulations!!!!!!!!!

See Ya Everyone

Bren
Old 08-28-2001, 03:58 AM   #29  

Pj great picture I think you look faboulous..good and solid too! I'm flabby now that the extra weight is gone

Cal...Hang in there, don't let this get you down..you have made a good choice to start getting healthier so don't let those bozo's get to you! Great job on the 20..it will get easier!

Mich...Birthdays are killers with that cake..my Dh has one in a week and the cake he wants is 9 pts. a piece! I'll have to bank for that one! German Chocloate..Love it to much! Good loss too!

Bren..I love your advice..you remind me of a WW leader! You are doing so well..keep up the great work! Glad you are around!

All you owls are doing such a great job being losers!

PT today and now my neck is hurting and a headache( they worked on my neck too) Shouldn't be typing so much either!

Anyone heard of Curves for women fitness Centers???????????

Last edited by Candicej; 08-28-2001 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2001, 12:32 PM   #30  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

I am soooooo PO'd right now......I had a nice ......well, kind of long but for me........not the usual and it was a WITTY one too.

I've got to go and will try and remember what I said when I get back in here later on.

Candice - Here's a picture of that STUMP that used to be my beautiful Gardenia. Remember I showed you the picture of what it looked like after I transplantd it and cut it down to no more than 5" high....NOW take a look......And TODAY......those buds are all open. I wish I could send you the fragrance.

"see" ya later........AAAAGGGHHHHHHH - I can't believe!!!!!!!!! I lost my post. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHH.......................

Oh yeah, Brenda, Alley, Penny and Beth aka horsecrazy - I know you guys are into trucks......go to this link at check out the new GMC Denali Quad Cab I'm picking up tomorrow. Let me know what you think...it's the best package they have.........the The SIERRA HEAVY-DUTY 3500 SLE CREW CAB.

http://www.gmc.com/cgi-bin/specs.cgi...=Short_Box/AWD

*PLEASE - Give me your honest opinion....and I mean HONEST!!!!!! I'm getting it in black. I wanna be "wicked lookin again".

Hugs,
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 08-28-2001 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread