Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 12:40 PM   #16  
Eve's Mom

Default WI today...

I WI today at lunch, but I am afraid since I have been less than good at the BM"s lately. In fact, I haven't really gone in 4 days and I feel very bloated and disgusting. Ihope that doesn't reflect inmy WI!? AH

I jsut had a ton if family news - dad quit his job, mom may move in with my sister and my other sister is trying to have another baby. How is that for crazy.

Trish - I hope your baby moves around soon!! Just wait for the kicking to start (ouch!)

Kier - I can't believe you are gong already - what of your new man?? Make sure you stalk Larry Mullen in Dublin (babe).

Well, I gotta go again!

Belle
Old 08-20-2001, 12:55 PM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Angry

Hi all!

I had a fabulous weekend! It was so relaxing to be up at the lake. I got in a ton of exercise-and it was even fun! We went swimming for about 3-4 hours each day and we went for long walks. I was hoping to go canoeing but when we had called dibs on the canoe we ended up having a nap (we had hardly any sleep all weekend) and then the next day when we had planned for it the lake was way to rough. Oh well. I loved being there and I really felt sad the whole drive home because I didn't want to come back to reall life. It is a good thing we did though because I ate horribly at the lake Everything was cooked over the fire so there was lots of added grease but boy did it taste good I thought for sure I wuld have gained but I stayed the same for the whole week. I'm not suprised because I did really good for Mon-Thurs and then super awful for Fri-Sun. So if I hadn't behaved for the beginning of the week I would have probably gained from the weekend. Of course I could look at it the other way and say if I hadn't eaten so much I would have probably lost because I was so good for the beginning of the week (sigh) oh well. Too late now. I also got super sunburnt! We were going to try swimming yesterday when it was so cloudy and cool but we thought we would test the water first but once i got in I wasn't getting out because the air out of the water was freezing! Then the sun came out and I had totally forgot about it. Oh well at least now I'll have some color.

Jen your DH sounds like such a wonderful guy! My fiance would never think to get me gym flowers! And how super sweet about the bikini! Also I'm thinking you should try not to wear a wrist brace if you can help it. In the long run it causes more problems, like causing adhesions to form in the muscle fibres which decreases range of motion and circulation. Is your wrist warm? If yes then try using a cool pack for ten minutes on ten minutes off for up to an hour. If you are at work try running your wrist under cold water for up to two minutes. This helps decrease inflammation and the cold works as an analgesic. If the problem persists over the next couple days see your massage therapist or chiropractor. The GP (general practitioner) would probably give you some muscle releaxants or other pills to take but that just fixes the symptoms, doesn't get rid of the cause. Anyway sorry if I just stepped all over your toes by giving you unwarranted advice. Just trying to help.

I hope everyone here had a great weekend. Now back to real life, where the points do count. Let's make this week a good one

Rina
Old 08-20-2001, 01:28 PM   #18  
Bono Fanatic!

It's crazy here so I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to say hi!
I had a pretty good weekend, other than having to stand in the rain for hours at the John Mellencamp concert on Saturday. It was really good, I just would have preferred to stay dry!

Belle - I'm with you - Larry Mullen is such a babe! I would definitely stalk him if I were in Dublin.

Trish - I hope you really feel the baby moving around soon! How exciting!

Tonya - Since December I have gained 10 pounds (was also at my personal goal before that) so I feel your pain. What can we do to get moitvated and back down to our goals? We're in this together!

Kay - How fun going back to school for rush. I used to love getting ready for rush when I was in college. It seems so long ago now though!

Jen- Great job on the work outs!! You are doing so well lately!!

Have a good one!
Jen
Old 08-20-2001, 01:42 PM   #19  

Unhappy Feeling very fat

UGH. Yuck, I feel so fat. My pants are tight and they are my "Fat" pants. I ate so much this weekend, youn can not imagine and I drank Friday and Saturday althought it was only 3-4 glasses of wine per night. We did have a great time in Charlotte for my cousin's wedding.

RE: wedding fits. We have to travel out of town for nearly every wedding so we don't spend a lot. We spend $40-60 on a gift if we have also give a shower gift ($30-40 for the shower gift). If it is a very close friend, we spend more. when I say the price is $40, that is the ale price, not usually the list price. I bought gifts for 3 weddings and 2 showers during a big sale weekend and had additional discount coupons so I saved lots of money.

I am back to WW full force this week. My feet hurt over the weekend so I hope I am ok to workout this week. I plan to run and use the eliptical every other day and do weight and the bike on alternate days. I need to let me feet rest, according to the podiatrist. I brought a 6.5 point lunch today and want to eat 20 points per day this week. I have a dinner meeting on Wed so that will be a challenge but the rest of the week should be ok. My home scale shows a 7 pound gain from goal weight so I have to get back down by my bext WI. I am looking forward to Sept when I can go to the weekly meeting on Sat and WI too!

Sorry I am not replying to everyone right now. Hope you are all having a good day. I am still waiting for TOM.

Sarah
Old 08-20-2001, 03:12 PM   #20  
Eve's Mom

Default Sarah honey, I'm with you....

V. upset - went to the downtown location at lunch today and gained - are you ready up to 209.2. The girl said its b/c the scales are different at different locations and that probably is why. I was v. upset. I now have to go to this location b/c of timing, so I'll have to swollow my "gain". I want to go WI at my old location to see if its the same or different. I am so disappointed. I was good this week too, even through the stress, I didn't overeat and I worked out!

NO FAIR!

Belle
Old 08-20-2001, 03:18 PM   #21  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Don't fret, Belle!

I truly believe BM's have everything to do with WI!! I'm going tonight before my mom's Pampered Chef party. YUMMY!
Got to get back to work.
Old 08-20-2001, 03:52 PM   #22  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I took the brace off because it was too difficult to work with. I am not using a funky keyboard that is supposed to help, but is really hard to type on.

Belle.... I always try to have a BM before WI. I think it has something to do with it too!

I worked out at lunch again.... then ate ice cream because it was free. How pathetic is that!!! 4 points down the drain!!! ARGGG. But I will stay within points!

Oh, I bought Carnation Instant Breakfast to use instead of the expensive WW Smoothies. Never used them in a blender before, so we'll see how it goes!
Old 08-20-2001, 03:58 PM   #23  
Proud Canadian

Hey ladies - Happy monday! I've been busy but I get to lurk at night when nobody's chatting. I have some great news. I got my 10 %!!!!!!
Not only that, I also got my 25# pin!! It's been a lot easier than I thought it would be - knock on wood. I'm glad to have people to share the highs and lows with.
Also, I started a 2nd job yesterday - I walk for 6 hour a night. I'm a patrolling first aid attendant at the Pacific National Exhibition. Hopefully we'll see some results at next WI - Just wanted to share - Have a great day everyone - I'll check in tonight from the other job -
KT
Old 08-20-2001, 04:06 PM   #24  

HorseyGirl - Way to go!! Yeah for you

Belle - Try not to worry too much. I am sure it is a combo of TOM and another scale. I think different scale are the same as weighing at differerent times of the day. I am sure it will be gone by next week.

Jen - Take care of your wrist.

Ok, I am going home in a few minutes. I don't know yet what I am doing tomorrow. I think I will be in Annapolis. I'll try to check in.

Sarah
Old 08-20-2001, 04:25 PM   #25  
Eve's Mom

Default Congrats KT!

WElldone on your 10% and 25 lb pin! We're rooting for you! I loved getting my 10% (which was 25 as well!) I love my keychain!

Belle
Closed Thread