Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 11:33 AM   #16  
Happy Member

Hi there Owls!

Okay, this is sad....
I'm getting obsessed with getting Peter Pan Whipped Peanut Butter. LOL!
I called the phone number for the company (got it from WW Message Board---I'm "Whattaloser" over there, but I mostly lurk). They look up the closest store that carries it according to your zip code. The closest one to me is about 1 or 1-1/2 hrs away. Phooey! The lady was so sweet, though. She said they've been getting flooded with calls from WW people looking for this product. I told her that someone on the message boards posted about it and since then, we've all been looking for it. Well....us peanut butter lovers anyway. She said that it's just as available as all their other PB's, just most grocery store mgrs haven't heard of it or they're unsure if it will sell. I said they should advertise at WW meetings! LOL!
Well, my DH mentioned it to one of the people he's working with this week. She said she's only 1/2 hr from that store that has it and she'd get some for me!! AND she's only working with them this week because she's filling in for someone on vacation, so she said she's go get it TODAY and bring it in tomorrow!! They called the phone # and they said they would hold 4 jars for her.
I know, I'm PATHETIC!!
Did ya ever look around for a product you heard about and when you finally find it, you feel like a pirate who dug up treasure or something??

I can't wait until this weekend to get to the barn. I talked to Chrissy yesterday (Irish's REAL mommy) and she said he misses me. I only get to go out on weekends, so I'm looking forward to it. I was going to try and join her lesson she's teaching tonight, but I couldn't get the night off. She's due on Aug 17 and she said as long as she's up to it, she's gonna teach until baby comes. I haven't had a lesson in a while because of my work sched and her sched for the summer and I told her I need one because I "need a whippin'!" She's so great at what she does. Even when she's doing a group lesson, she seems to personalize it for each person. I like group lessons because I learn from what she teaches the others, too. Besides, it's more "fun" with others.

More people at work have been noticing that I'm getting thinner. I should hope so, I'm almost at a 50-pound loss now!! I still have a ways to go, but it's nice they are starting to notice again. About 30 of it has been since Easter. (Lost 30# 10/99-3/00, stopped WW and gained back about 1/2 of it back, then got the "Click" this spring) Hopefully when I update my profile on Sat (when my "official" weigh in is), I will be celebrating more than normal. If not, there's always next week! One of my co-workers asked if I was excited, and I really don't feel excited yet. I think my big excitement will be when I'm under the 200 mark. They don't know my weight, just how much I've lost.

Whew! It's all about ME so far isn't it? ME, ME, ME!! LOL! Well, enough about me, let's talk more about......ME! Geesh!
One more thing.....and that's it, I promise.......

When I saw my mom this weekend, I was looking through her newspaper and store circulars, etc. There was a catalog for the county colleges "adult enrichment" programs. (mostly non-credit courses) One of them was "Horseback Riding for Beginners I and II" held at a nearby farm. In the description, it said "weight limit 200 pounds." My heart sunk. Not that I wanted to take the class, but because if I wasn't where I am now with the horse stuff and looking for a way to get back into it and saw this, my heart would have broken. I wonder if it would have made me more determined or made me more down? I'm lucky to be where I am now!! I'm glad I'm in such a positive frame of mind about losing weight now. Just made me think, you know?

Judy--what I great idea about the phone card for PJ!

PJ--Nice IM-ing with you today! What a pretty girl Jackie is!! Have a GREAT birthday celebration with her today!!
Glad you're back!

Brenda--maybe you might know the answer to this, you moderator, you.....I sent a priv. message to Suzanne the other day because I posted on the Help forum about the error messages I've been getting that "pop up" since the ads started and about the font size of the site for me. No answer in the forum and no answer to the message. What gives? Just busy running the site, I guess?

Hi SueBee! Hope your holiday time comes soon!

Well, I guess you've all heard about enough from me today! er...about me today....LOL!
TTYS!!
Ally
Old 07-26-2001, 11:50 AM   #17  
Happy Member

Oops!

Just saw there was a reply to my help forum message. Suzanne says it's been a problem with AOL users. The Burst Net people said they had it fixed, but she said apparently it's back. I think it only went away for a day or two for me. She said she'd get on them to check it again. Yay!

DH and I were thinking about getting cable modem. He has his ISP (he hates AOL) and I have AOL. We're trying to figure out if it's more expensive, plus I would keep AOL on "bring your own access" for $10/month. I like my AOL and have had it for years. Hmmmmm.......

Candice- you rest that arm!!!

Ally
Old 07-26-2001, 07:34 PM   #18  

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been neglecting the nest so badly lately, things are just crazy around here and at work too. My Boss is wicked PO'd right now, somebody screwed up something but we don't know what or which one of us did it. Last time this happened she made us miserable for 2 weeks before letting us know what was going on. All I know is that something was put in the ledger book wrong and about 10-12 pages have to be all gone over and redone, lots of work. She is so mad I am allready stressed out over it. she is usually a very good boss but she has a horrible temper and she knows it, that is why she probably won't talk to us about it for quite awhile. In the meantime we will all be on pins and needles and totally stressed out. This has only happened one other time in the 10 months that I have worked there so it is not like she is on a warpath, but when she blows, she blows. Someone might even get fired over this one. There are 4 of who work on the book. I don't think I made the error but it is possible that any of us did. I sure hope it wasn't me and I hope I don't get blamed for it just because I am the newest person there. Another girl has only been there a couple months more than me so who know.

Oh well on to the good news, I lost 3#'s at weigh in on tuesday. Sorry no individual posts, I am off to bed.

Brenda
Old 07-26-2001, 09:53 PM   #19  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Just a quickie----

Jackie has about 8 kids over right now and they're all in her room playing music. Yep!!!!! I've truly got a teenager now.....

We're just getting ready to bring out the cake so I'm going to go. Just wanted to say Hey to you all and I'll be back some time tomorrow.

Have a good one.

Brenda - Don't fret about it.......you didn't do anything wrong....just do your job and don't let her get to you. You'll be fine.

See you all later.
~Pamela~

Last edited by PJ; 07-26-2001 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2001, 10:48 PM   #20  
Teacher chick

Ally, WHIPPED peanut butter? REALLY???? Oh my gosh.... tell me more!

Penny, if you read this when you get back, I hope you had a great time.

Candice, I am so sorry your arm is hurting. I myself am a pain weenie, so I can relate to how it might ruin your day!

WA, I so totally understand what you are going through with living far from your family. Since I've been married (22 years next month) I have never lived less than a 7 hour drive to the closest relative. I know how rough it is. Make friends and make them your family. It helps. Really.

Bren, you are so right.... times have changed and we really cannot rule over teens the way our parents could with us. Mike is leaving for college next month and part of me is so glad, just to give him the chance to see that the real world isn't as bad as I am!

SUEBEE!!!! I'm thrilled to see you!
Old 07-26-2001, 10:49 PM   #21  
Teacher chick

PAMELA>>>> I can't believe I forgot to put you in my last post.
I love you, girlfriend! Jackie is gorgeous!
Old 07-26-2001, 11:21 PM   #22  
Back Again :)

Talking

Hi Owls,

Well thankyou every one for the support, I definitely needed it.

Only 1 week before I go to my parents.

PJ that's ok, I did try to send you an email but it got sent back to me. Any way it's Stel here *lol*

Thank you all it made me feel so much better to see your comments.

bye for now.
S
Old 07-26-2001, 11:27 PM   #23  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Oh Judy, Judy, Judy - (That's my Cary Grant impersonation...heh-heh). Don't be silly. We've both got so much going on in our lives right now that I'm surprised we're even able to get in here as often as we do. No need to opologize you knuckle head.
And I love you too !!!!
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 07-26-2001, 11:35 PM   #24  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

STELLA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aka STEL - I cannot BELIEVE I really forgot your name!!!!! ^$%$#$%^$*(&&()*))_* I'm so PO'd at myself. I mean, really......come on now....it's not like you've got some bizarre name like "Moon Unit" or "Daisy Lou"........my God! I'm having too many senior moments lately. AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

I just finished posting and saw an email alert pop up and it said it was your post from here......I was soooo happy to see you! I'm glad coming here helped you, it helps me too. Have a wonderful visit with your folks. By the way, we switched to cable access so my new email addy is:
[email protected]

Hope to hear from you soon my friend.....
Old 07-27-2001, 09:58 AM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Good Morning Everyone!

I know its been ages and ages and ages since I last posted here! I just started lurking again and thought I would join back in! I did finally rejoin WW last week for the 2nd time after having the baby! Am I totally disgusted with myself! I gained back soooo much weight! But now I am finished with all my summer events and can concentrate on losing it all again!

So, I see we have some new owls that joined the nest! And the old timers still here!! Setina girl, how the heck are you doing? And Brenda....glad to see you are still here. And what a great loss you had! I am so determined once again to lose this weight like I was when I lost the 97 lbs. I just hope I can hold onto it again! My goal is to lose what I gained then concentrate on getting the rest off!

Well I better get back to work...we just had a brownout and the computer screen jumped off and crackled....scared the daylights out of me. Must be a sign to get to work! I have been here since 8:45 and haven't done anything yet and its already 10:00!

I'll catch up to you all later!

Michelle K
Old 07-27-2001, 11:06 PM   #26  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Well, she caught her flight in plenty of time and of course.....I stayed and watched the plane until I couldn't see it anymore....standing there....balling my eyes out.
All I kept thinking was since she had a window seat (at HER request)....what if she was trapped in by some kind of wierdo or whatever......then I FINALLY got the call that Grace had picked her up and everything was great. I tell ya, I'm a basket case with this stuff. I coudn't wait for her to go.......I knew she'd have a great time but then I get these second thoughts......like, "should I have flown with her?".......I mean, we sent her when she was 10 years old and the stewards stayed with her the whole time.....(I was even worse with the crying THAT time) but atleast Bill and Billy were there to get my mind off of what was going on a little bit. AAAGGGHHHH!!!!! and to think I'll get to worry like this for the rest of my life about BOTH of my kids. OH JOY!!!!! The pleasures of parenthood.

I just finished "woofing" down about 10 fig newtons and NO!!!!!! I don't want to know what the points were. I came, I saw, I ate......now I am going brush the FIGS out of my teeth and go to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow in this very very hot weather. Hey......I've GOT to be losing with all this physical labor. We'll see....I only weigh myself once a month. I'll "see" you all later.
Sweet Dreams.....
~Pamela~
Old 07-28-2001, 02:32 AM   #27  

Default My Gosh you all are long winded!LOL

Trying to take it easy after my shot so it will work this time! it's so hard not to over use my arm.

Good to see all of you posting!

So what is this about the whipped PB......I used to get it along time ago but haven't seen it latley. Is it a lot less points than the low fat? Post that phone # Ally!

Last edited by Candicej; 07-30-2001 at 12:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2001, 03:33 AM   #28  

http://www.flowgo.com/refer/redir.cf...290&d=07-28-01

Enjoy
Old 07-28-2001, 10:13 AM   #29  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Nice, very nice....I've had Ishahhs page bookmarked for a long time.....this page is definitley one of the reasons why.
Thanks Candice.
Old 07-29-2001, 09:01 AM   #30  

Hi All I am back

Had a nice trip but man am I on information overload!!!

PJ - Your daughter is very beautiful the boys are going to be circling like flies

Ally - Please tell me more about the whipped PB thing Whats up?

I am being very lazy this morning, 9:00 am and I haven't even been out to feed the horses yet so I better make this short and get moving.
I think I did well while I was gone, I am a very picky eater and they kept serving things like artichoke hearts and sardines YUK!
I had things like chicken and salad. One day they served lobster and clams, again picky me, I hate fish so I had a baked potato and some corn. I did order room service that night cause I was very hungery got a burger but this was the only bad thing I had the whole time, and I found the workout room and walked on the treadmill ( 5 miles ). Haven't dared step on the scale yet but will before I eat.

Well gotta get going my DH is hovering think he wants to use the phone and I need to go take care of the horses. I will come back later.
Closed Thread