Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 03:29 PM   #16  
Thursday Lady

Welcome Back, Linda!!!!
Old 07-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #17  
Susan

Hello,

Welcome Back Loodie!!!

Laura, Rome sounds like it will be fun!! I would love to go there some day! I'm going to sign up for Cyberdiet. It looks good.

I have to tell you what I made today. I stir fryed shredded cabbage and put in a little soy sauce, threw in some shrimp and then put it in a low fat wheat tortilla. It was good. I'll have to try that again.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! I can't believe that it is already the middle of July!!!!!!!! I'll have to go back to school soon. I'm having fun being off!!!!

Susan
Old 07-17-2001, 11:35 AM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Hi friends,
I hope this is a good Tuesday for everyone.
I'm going to weigh in with my Larry tonight. I don't expect a loss and sure hope there's no gain. If we weren't staying for the meeting, I'd just ride with him and let him weigh.

Take care!
Tina
Old 07-18-2001, 03:23 PM   #19  

Hi gang! We made it to Disney and home, safe and sound. It was wonderful!! Tim only pulled the attitude of a 13 year old boy a couple of times. For that, I was very thankful.

We were on the go from 8;00 each morning until about 10:00 at night. One day we came back to the room for about 3 hours in the afternoon for a much needed rest.

We won't even talk about the food. I was not good. I will never hit 20 pounds before school starts. I won't even tell you how many pounds I have to lose now to hit it. (It is less than 20 though!!!!!)

Rae Ann's hubby had a mild heart attack late Sunday night. He was supposed to have another heart cath. today at 1;00. Mandy is flying up from Florida. Tim and I are to pick her up at 5;00 and take her to the hospital. Disney called the hospital to make sure her dad really was a patient there. I guess maybe they thought that she was just trying to get off of work, I don't know. They do that with everyone according to Rae Ann's mom.

Good to be home (I think!).
Old 07-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #20  
Susan

Hi All!!

Welcome home Tammy!! We are glad that you're back. Now that you are home make sure that you drink all of your water and everything will come off soon. Sorry to here about your friend. I hope that he is ok. That is weird that Disney calls the hospital. Wonder why they do that?

Tina, how was weigh in? The most important thing is that you went (even if you didn't want to go!

I weighed in today. I lost 3.8 I've noticed that I lose 3 weeks and then gain 1 week. I'm now at 10 pounds.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in!!
Susan
Old 07-18-2001, 08:48 PM   #21  

Mandy's grandma was confused. Disney didn't call the hospital. US Airways did since she needed to get a flight today. She told them it was a medical emergency at home, and they are the ones that called the hospital. Mandy said the people at Disney bent over backwards for her. She is supposed to be back in Orlando by noon on Sunday, but her manager told her not to come to work until Monday. She did tell Mandy to call her and let her know how things are going here. Thought that was nice.

When we got to the hospital, Jerrie had just finished eating supper. It was solid foods, so I thought that was a good sign. He won't get to come home until Saturday if all goes well. I thought he looked good. Very tired, but good color and smiling.

I think it will be good for both of her parents that Mandy flew home.

Today I have done OK on food. I've also walked. The water, as usual, is my problem.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:08 PM   #22  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Tammy, I'm glad you're home and had a good time. I'm glad your friend's father is doing okay. I've heard of airlines calling hospitals since they are giving reduced rates.

Those of us who go to meetings----do you like your leader?
We have a new one. The first night, she was hyper. I didn't think I could go back. She was the kind of person that makes you extremely nervous. Well, she's calmed down, so, I think it'll be okay.

My leader has a game going. It's like Bingo. When you fill your line, you get to choose an item out of her big basket. I'm not sure what all's in it but I can see several WW products.
The squares on the game are things like--lost 1 pound; got a 5 pound star; share a WW recipe with the group; stuff like that. I'll let y'all know when I win.

Tina
Old 07-19-2001, 03:53 PM   #23  

Tina, that sounds like a cute game! I like it that your leader is creative. I do like our leader, even though I don't often stay for the meetings any more (got to start back on that when I get home!). She annoyed me at first, but she grows on ya.

It's amazing what a different the leader makes, too. There is another leader that does the Wednesday night meeting and occasionally subs Thursdays that I like as well. But the one that does the Saturday morning meetings absolutely drives me bonkers. She YELLS everything. Not in a mean way, just incredibly LOUD. Maybe she's naturally loud, but jeepers, her voice makes me want to run screaming! I've sat through a meeting with her twice, and never again. I leave with a headache. But she seems to have quite the following, too, or maybe Saturday is just the most popular time for a meeting.

Tammy, glad your trip went well. Sounds like fun!

Laura~
Old 07-19-2001, 09:01 PM   #24  

When I was attending meetings, I liked my leader most of the time. Every now and then she ticked me off about something, but that didn't happen often.

That leader is no longer there. They are having a different leader every week just filling in until they get a full-time person. A friend of mine goes to the meetings.

The Bingo game sounds cool! Sue used to do little incentive things at our meetings too. I won a fast-food point book, a t-shirt, a mug. I think that's it.

I decided something today. I have gained so much weight that I am almost back to square one. I am starting with today's weight (not telling!!!) and starting from there. The pounds that I had lost before, I won't even think about them since I had gained most of them back. Today is ground zero. Next Thursday WILL be a loss. How's that for positive thinking?

Tim leaves for Boy Scout camp on Saturday. I'm driving a load over to the camp. It's at least 3 hours. The other drivers are staying for the week. NOT ME!!! I just wish I didn't need to drive home by myself. Since I'll have the boys and all their gear, I can't ask anyone to ride along since our cars aren't very big. (We have Malibus)
Old 07-19-2001, 09:42 PM   #25  
Susan

I like my leader. The one prior to her drove me nuts. She wasn't motivating but alot of people like her. I was happy to see her go.

Tammy, I did that at the beginning of June. I started all over. It told them at the my meeting that I wanted to start fresh, they said ok. Be careful on your drive to Scout camp. I'm a big boy scout supporter. I come from a family of scouters!!

Tina, the game sounds fun. I'm hope you win something.

Laura, are you getting ready for that trip?

FYI: I've started taking weekly measurements. I've only done 2 weeks but I can already tell a difference in them. I'm also charting my weight loss. It is really helping.

Thanks for being so supportive. It has helped having all of ya'll.

Susan
Old 07-20-2001, 03:06 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

It's interesting to hear about other leaders & to hear that some have little games.
I started the day out right with a Sweet Rewards blueberry muffin (2 pts.) and hot tea. Then, I had to have one more muffin. No problem.
Lunchtime wasn't so good. I had some cole slaw and fried shrimp from Long John Silver. It's been years since I went there. The guy secretary was going to pick up his lunch and offered to get me some. I just didn't resist. Maybe I'll have time for a walk before it rains. (It has rained somwhere in Houston every afternoon this week.)

Tammy, have a safe drive.

Susan, congrats on measuring.

Laura, have you bought any clothes for your trip?

Linda, are you out golfing this weekend?

Dee, even if you can't take a long vacation, maybe you can go to the malls alone and get yourself something.

Maureen, let's hear from you.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Tina
134 personal goal
Old 07-20-2001, 08:32 PM   #27  

Dean (a boy from Tim's troop) had his Eagle Scout Board of Review last night. He passed with flying colors!!!!!! His mom is one of my good friends (a shopping buddy!). We'll be having a big celebration in September where Dean will officially get his award. We have 3 more boys in the troop who should get their Eagle in the next year. It is so cool!!!

Tim is currently a Star Scout. He will have his Life Scout by Christmas (we think). Then he will be working on his Eagle. If things go right, he could have his Eagle by the end of his 9th grade year!!! We're not holding our breath though. He'll still be busy with sports, band, drum lessons, and church, so anything could happen.

Did pretty good on food and water today. Was able to get in plenty of walking, even though it is stinking hot. I don't like hot.

I'll be careful on the drive tomorrow. We got out the walkie talkies to use on the way over. On the way home, I'll just talk to myself I guess! LOL
Old 07-23-2001, 03:42 PM   #28  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday!
How is everyone?
Okay, I really had the water retention this weekend. Sooooo.....today, it's been drink, drink, drink that water. 'Haven't had one Diet Coke, can you believe that. Foodwise, I had yogurt and 1/2 c. blueberries for breakfast and yogurt (the 4 pt. kind) for lunch. I'm fixing lots of 0 pt. veggies for supper. We have some leftover chicken breasts and I'll eat a couple of ounces ot that. I'm trying my best to have a good weigh in this week.

Tammy-hope your trip was safe.

Susan-how much more rehab do you have?

Linda-have you unpacked yet?

Laura-can we have your iteneray? How many more days till you leave?

Maureen-don't just read---post.

Sis, Jules, Dee, Jill (where are you)--everyone post!

Tina
134 personal goal
Old 07-23-2001, 05:54 PM   #29  
Susan

Hi Everyone!!! Hope you are staying cool. It is hot here!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! I can't believe that it is already the end of July. Yuck school starts soon!!! I have to go help out for the next 3 days at a workshop. I have to put on real clothes!!!!

Tina, I'm at the end of therapy. I think I have just a day or two left. I went to the knee dr. today. He thinks my knee is still too swollen. I was thinking it was looking good. He is putting me on an anti inflamatory now. Go back in 6 weeks.

I've been riding bike everyday!! Food has been pretty good. Some days are better than others.

Tina, you had a great food day!! I bet you will have a loss this week!

Susan
Old 07-23-2001, 09:18 PM   #30  

The trip was great on Saturday to the Scout camp. I had 4 boys with me (Tim-8th grade, Dustin-10th grade, Joe & Alex-6th grade). It amazed me that they got along so well! This is the first camping trip for Joe and Alex, so Dustin and Tim are going to take them under their wings for the week. I know Tim's first year, he got VERY homesick.

Tomorrow night is Parent's Night at the camp. As far as I know, Bob and I are the only ones driving over. We're leaving about noon, stopping somewhere for lunch, then on to camp. Tim is done with his classes at 4;20, so we'll have a little extra time to spend with him.

My SIL and nephews are coming in to feed and play with Kramer. We won't be home until late.

Did great on food today until we went to Red Lobster for supper. I really didn't overdo it there, since I had done a good job at breakfast and lunch. Plenty of walking, weed pulling today for my workout.

Susan, please go wash your mouth out with soap. I do not want to think about school starting thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina, I still drink too much pop. Always have, always will I guess. It's like an alcoholic I think.
Closed Thread