View Poll Results: What is your fave healthy food?
Greens (salad, etc) 4 28.57%
High Fiber Gains 3 21.43%
Fruit 3 21.43%
Cake (oh, did I say healthy) 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2001, 12:03 PM   #16  
Bono Fanatic!

Have room for one more?! I would love to join all of the fun!!

I lost 30 pounds on WW almost 2 years ago. I have kept it off for the most part, but have seen a few pounds creep on in the past few months so I need to get serious before it becomes a bigger problem.

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

Jen
Old 07-06-2001, 12:30 PM   #17  
Scotland's finest export

hello and welcome new jen!
i lost over 40 pounds a year and a half ago and i'm managing to keep it off so far, but like you say, inevitably you find a few pounds creeping back on. i guess the trick is to get rid of those and not leave it till it's another 30 pounds. are you still following WW or have you just been doing your own thing? perhaps if you started following the program for a few weeks it would help? i have heard people say they stay OP during the week and relax a bit at weekends and find they maintain ok like that.
i'd love to waffle on more but i'm being summoned to free drinks at my work...i will be good i promise!
kirsty

ps belle - fill me in on stampede! i'm lost...
Old 07-06-2001, 12:47 PM   #18  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WELCOME other Jen
Old 07-06-2001, 01:20 PM   #19  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Friday!

Thank you all very much for the congrats on my new Unit Leader Status! Did I tell you hubby made me the most incredible dinner last Friday? Shrimp and fish with a hollaindase sauce (I have no idea if he used light butter or not – I think he did), steak wrapped in bacon and baked potato. Way too much food so I had left overs. I didn’t count the points. Would you have? He also bought me a new pair of Oakley sunglasses as a present. He bought a pair too and I ended up getting mine for half price. Hey, lesson to all, always ask if they will make you a deal

Hey girls. Well, here we go again. We got a basically nasty E-mail this morning about internet usage. They are putting ESNIFF on our computers that will track every site we go to and ‘if there is inappropriate activity, action will be taken’ I’m so fed up with this crap. All of us do our jobs very effectively and it’s not like we are all screwing around all the time. I just can’t stand it anymore. Oh, and I didn’t tell you girls, DH and I are house shopping. We found one we really like that is 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2 car garage, hot tub in back and 150 feet from a small private lake. We were supposed to see it yesterday and even left work early and then the seller wouldn’t show it. Unfortunately you can tell she’s not too concerned about selling it so we don’t really have any bargaining power. The problem is we will want to refinance in a year and I will have to have the income from my full time job to count for the refinance. When you are self employed they don’t give you any credit for what you make. I’m so frustrated and upset. I don’t know how I can stay in this place for another whole year. I’m just not going anywhere, not learning anything and I want to put all my energy into PL. Sorry to be such a downer.

I have heard a lot of people saying how tired they are this week. I think this holiday in the middle of the week really screwed us up. I just want to be home sleeping. It’s been in the mid to upper 90’s here in Colorado for the past couple of weeks. We did get rain last night but once again it’s a scorcher.

We’re going to the Renaissance festival tomorrow after we look at the house. We go every year. I’ve been dressing up for it forever and we finally completed hubby’s outfit last summer. I’m so glad he will dress up with me. It’s much more fun.

I agree that friends come and go and sometimes that’s hard to deal with. My Mom has always told me that you are lucky to have 1 or 2 true friends in your life and I agree with her. Someone I thought was one of my best friends didn’t have me in her wedding, but the reasoning was way dif than I thought. It boiled down to her having to have who her husband wanted in the wedding. They are divorced now, and I had finally talked to her about it. She’s really drifted off from me and it hurts, but if we never changed we would never move forward. Big *hugs* to you Kim

Better go, but it’s not like I have anything to do today anyway *pout pout whine whine* Anyone can smack me!
Old 07-06-2001, 01:30 PM   #20  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi guys! Yup, I've been MIA again - not Wimbledon this time but work (YUK). And I've just got home, ready to watch the exciting semi-final and IT'S RAINING so they're not playing. How ironic is that?

Welcome, new Jen (will we have to call you Jen 2? )

Ooh, I keep thinking about Stacey on her last night as a single woman. GOOD VIBES TO STACEY I'm excited on her behalf!!!

Interesting discussion about friends ... I think Kier is oh so right about making the friends you need at the time you need them, I used to be really conscientious about keeping in touch with as many people as possible, but a lot of the time it was just kind of habit and the effort was all on my part. So a few years ago I had a kind of clear-out (which sounds horrible but it wasn't like it sounds!) and decided to be more selective. Now I keep in touch with a bunch of people from school, they all live at home still, so I see them whenever I go back, and it's funy how weird it's not that I'm the only one who's not always around. College friends ... well, there are just two of us left in Oxford, so we're kind of a focus for when people want to come back and visit. It'll be interesting when I finally leave Oxford to find out what happens. Plus Blokey and I are just starting to make our own 'joint' friends, like, people we met together, which is fun but so grown up!!! I can't believe some of your stories about evil friends - Jen, that is so *****y of that girl I guess I've just always been lucky. And now I have you girls too

Ok, gotta go. Have a great weekend everyone, and I'll hopefully be around more next week,

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 07-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #21  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello..

Welcome New Jen!

Jen - I eat pretty good, I buy the mini rice cake things that are like chips instead of chips, we eat chicken, beans, cereal bars, fruit, tea....I find I am lucky and I lose weight when I camp. I think its b/c my body works so hard to keep warm! I really do!! B/f brings more crap, and of course, lots of beer, so I try to steer clear of his junk food stash.

Kirsty - the Calgary Stampede is an annual 10 day rodeo/outdoorshow/midway. It huge now, we get tons of foreigners, and its one of the biggest and most well respected rodeos in the world. Mostly you drink and have free pancake and sausage breakfasts!! Its a 10 day party here! Of course, all the cowpokes crawl out of their hiding spots, but you can live with that!

Brenda - the REnaissance festival sounds cool, you'll have to fill me in!!

Lolly sorry to hear you are swamped, I can relate, but the slacker in me finds posting time...

Well, this is it until next Thursday so have a good week everyone.

Over and out.
Old 07-06-2001, 02:33 PM   #22  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Thanks everyone ...

for sharing your stories. I don't feel like the loser I was feeling like earlier. (Jen, I can't BELIEVE that about your friend. How mean!). Kierie, what you said about meeting people when we need them is so true. The whole friendship thing has been dragging me down lately. I have some friends here, but they're the kind you play with, not have heart-to-hearts with. I had a friend like that, but she went and fell in love and moved to Arkansas. Now she's married. I had a wonderful friend at my last paper (I WAS in her wedding), but she's in North Carolina now.

Sometimes, it really bothers me not having roots, you know? I think I've said before that I'm an Army brat, so I don't really have a home to go to. I consider home wherever I'm living at the time. My parents' house is just that — my parents' house. I never lived there. My college friends all stayed put in New England. The few that spread out I never heard from again.

Scary how friendships change ... makes me glad my sister and I are so close, but even she lives miles and miles (as in 700 or so) away!

But, the friend I'm visiting in Atlanta is a friend from high school. He and I have stayed close through all these years. Although I'll miss my b/f, it'll be good to see him. It was more fun before he got married, though!

Oh, I went to WI and only lost .4! I really expected more. When I got on my scale this morning, sans clothes, of course, it said 181. I figured I'd see at least a pound lost! So I went and ate some Chinese, and now I'm going out to dinner with some friends. So much for counting today!

Welcome new Jen! Can we call you Jen K? It looks like that's part of your login. It might make it easier. That or Jen 2 like Lolly suggested. I lost 35 pounds on WW about seven years ago. I gained it all back, plus another 30 or so. I've still got far to go, but I'm trying!

See ya gals. I'm leaving work at 3, when the night cops reporter comes in. I'm being perfectly useless today anyway. Have a good weekend everyone! I won't be back until Tuesday.
Old 07-06-2001, 03:12 PM   #23  
Bono Fanatic!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I guess I'm making it a bit confusing since there is already a Jen here (Hi Jen!! Have fun camping!) so call me Jen K if you want!

Kirsty - I was following WW until a year ago when I went thru a lot of personal stuff and decided (bad idea!) that I could do it alone. The good thing is I do know what to do and how to get the weight off. The bad thing is with no accountability it is easy to tell myself I will get back on track tomorrow instead of today. I like the idea of staying OP during the week and relaxing a bit on the weekends. Maybe I will try that!

Kim - I've found the friend conversation very interesting. I was just talking to a good friend who is having a hard time with some of her other close friends. I really think as I've grown older I've gotten better at remembering it should be quality over quantity, something I had a hard time with in my early 20's. Now I don't care if I have a lot of friends, as long as the ones I have are good ones! Hang in there...and have fun at the concert this weekend!

Hello to Belle, Brenda and Lolly and anyone else that I may have met today!

Have a good weekend!
Jen K
Old 07-06-2001, 05:29 PM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Its so wierd you know that we had this friend chat today b/c i could really use a heart to heart and i realized I hve no one to have it with so wierd to grow up and i cant talk to my sis b/c its about her and my mom told me i was rediculous to be upset sigh anyway i'll borrow some britishness from Kirsty and Lolly and keep my upper lip stiff
Closed Thread