Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 05:27 PM   #1  

Smile Fabulous Forties #61

Oops. Dianne, it wasn't that we were posting at the same time, it was that I was on page 2 without realizing it!

See ya later
Essie

Last edited by livingfit426; 06-28-2001 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2001, 04:52 AM   #2  
Lifetimer

S/C/G: 183.6/173/140

Just a fast post before I go to the gym for my early morning workout. It feels good being in control again. I don't know if it is the supplement I am taking or just that things are starting to click, finally, but even with a real stressful night -- usually family type stuff that usually sends me directly to the refrigerator -- I not only kept OP but ate at the low end of my range, which is quite unusual for me. I hope I can keep this going.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and OP Friday!

Myra
Old 06-29-2001, 05:04 AM   #3  

Smile

Myra, you're doing so well. I give you lots of credit going to the gym so early. Where did you buy that supplement? I'm interested in buying it.

Be back later
Old 06-29-2001, 09:12 AM   #4  
Lifetimer

At the local health food store. I'd check it out. It really seems to be helping me, both getting real sleep (I've been sleeping clear through the night, something I hadn't been doing for about a year) and being more in control of my eating.
Old 06-29-2001, 05:00 PM   #5  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, great job on the loss! You're doing very well, I'm glad for you. I feel badly that I've not been posting my journalling. I created some cool journal pages on Word that I placed in a binder, and I'm using that as my journal. I am too lazy to post all the days I've missed here! I'll get back on track here next week.

I almost started feeling out of control yesterday, but am over it. I have had a good day today, am working on getting in more water, it makes me feel full. Tomorrow will be a bit difficult, with the party, but that's life. I am in this for the long haul!

later,
~Jen
Old 06-29-2001, 05:33 PM   #6  
Lifetimer

Tomorrow is also going to be a challenge for me. It is my son's 16th birthday (where do the years go?). I'll let you know how that goes.
Old 06-30-2001, 12:13 PM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs down Saturday Morning

Good Morning Ladies ~ I've been hiding for a few days but I'm back now. Life has been busy both at home and work but today is the start of 5 days off!! YIPPEE!!! We took Monday and Tuesday off with the Wednesday holiday. We have no plans other than a pool party on Wednesday.

Work was busy this past week just getting ready to be out of the office for 3 days. Sheesh! Sometimes I think it's just not worth the time off.....NOT!!!

Congrats to all the "losers". Keep up the good work. I am going to go back and re-read all the posts since my brain didn't retain any of it. Sorry ~ that means I cannot respond to anything since I forget it all....oh, Happy 16th to your son Myra....hmmmm, what else....oh pooh! I'll go look. Have a wonderful Saturday you's guys.

Patti <>< Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220(209)184.5/148
Old 06-30-2001, 01:58 PM   #8  

Thumbs down

Hello Everybody

Zoe, enjoy your days off. I will have 5 days starting Wed. since I'm off Fridays I took Thursday(vacation day). It goes by very fast so enjoy it while you can.

Myra, Happy Birthday to your boy or should I say Lil' Man There are so many birthdays in June between family & friends. My nephew's birthday is July 7th, after that we'll have a break thru August then back to birthdays & then the holidays.

Jen, it is an everyday struggle. Like you said, we're in this for the loooonnnnggggg haul & I mean LONG I have a hard time passing up the cake. The only time I don't have any is if there's strawberry or cherry filling.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everybody

It is so hot today!!!!! I'm staying inside with the AC.

Last edited by livingfit426; 06-30-2001 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2001, 06:30 AM   #9  
Lifetimer

Pointwise at least, but I had to celebrate my son's 16th birthday, right? Thank God for activity and banked points.

We took Arthur out to a Japanese restaurant, which ended up being pretty good for me. I ate a lot of the points I spent. If it wasn't for dessert (I actually made a better choice than I could have; my DH was pushing the fried ice cream but I opted for green tea ice cream instead and only had one of the two scoops) and of course the birthday cake (I just took a sliver, or so I thought but when I weighed it and looked it up it came to a whopping 7 points, which was over double what I anticipated) I would have hardly gone over my points. Oh, well. I'm back on track today. We are going to the mall and eating out lunch but I'm going to opt for a very on-program veggie burger.

Last edited by mpinkham; 07-01-2001 at 06:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2001, 01:39 PM   #10  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Myra, Happy Birthday to Arthur! You sound as though you're staying focused, and are doing well. I'm so happy for you, I know you've struggled in the past.

Essie, Zoe, enjoy your mini vacations! Terri, how is yours going?

Matthew's 1st birthday party yesterday was a success. It was really hot, 91 degrees and humid, but everyone enjoyed themselves. Both of my sisters came out from the city, it was fun for the three of us to be together, which only happens once or twice a year! Matt enjoyed himself tremendously.....really attacked his piece of birthday cake!

Hi Dianne, Joyce

~Jen
Old 07-01-2001, 02:12 PM   #11  

Angry

Hello

Myra, I never made it to the Vitamin Shop. It was so hot yesterday I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I will get there eventually I never heard of fried ice cream & I am an ice cream lover! I never had Japanese food either. Where have I been, right? I went food shopping today & they had the Garden Burgers on sale. That's what I'm having for dinner. I've had them before.

FINALLY, one of my co-worker's found Skinny Cows!!! I've been looking all over for them. She's bringing them into work tomorrow. Can't wait to try one! They're 2 pts.!

Jen, so nice to spend time with your sisters. How far from the city are you? I love my sisters but I like seeing them only once in a while. They both have too many problems because of the bad choices they've made. They choose to stay miserable. I'm the youngest & they're always calling me with problems. Pete tells me I should tell them to stop complaining & do something about it, but I can't. I don't want to offend them. I'm happy to hear the party went well.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Essie
Old 07-01-2001, 06:23 PM   #12  
Lifetimer

Fried ice cream is absolutely marvelous but a points nightmare (probably a whole days worth!). It is vanilla ice cream that was super frozen covered with some kind of batter. It is quick deep fried so that the batter is browned by the ice cream is still solid and topped with chocolate syrup.
Old 07-01-2001, 06:43 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Essie,
We're about 20 miles northwest of Chicago, so it's not such a long ride. Those people who live in the city, however, act as though we live "in the boonies" I drove into the city every day to work for almost 7 years after we moved out here, and it isn't that bad!
I'm the middle sister, both of them have been divorced, the older one twice. I worked w/my younger sister for 18 years, we saw each other daily. My older sister was married to Joe's brother, that was her first marriage, he dumped her after 23 years and 6 daughters. I got the good brother! LOL

~Jen
Old 07-01-2001, 07:27 PM   #14  

Smile

Hello

Myra, that ice cream sounds delicious!! Maybe when I lose 20 lbs. I'll treat myself just once!

Jen, I worked with my sister for around 1 yr. She got me the job & she only lasted 1 yr. & July 7th is my 13th yr. anniversary with them. She has a very bad temper & you need alot of patience with the calls we get.

Looking forward to my 2 day work week

Have a goodnight

I was thinking of making my post colorful but forget it! Too much trouble

Essie
Old 07-01-2001, 09:35 PM   #15  

Hi Guys!
Congrats Myra on the loss. If I missed anyone let me know.
Congrats also on Arthur's birthday and Matthew's. Hope they were great. They years go fast.
I tried a skinny cow, finally. Our Kroger's has one here. YEAH! They were good. My kids said finally. They enjoyed them.
We will be back home around Friday. I'll be glad to relax. We have done something everyday. It has been fun. I skimmed over the messages and read more in depth when I get home. Have a great week. Congrats to all of you.
Luv ya all!
Terri
Closed Thread