Old 07-05-2002, 05:27 AM   #1  
Senior Chicky

Talking Friday Daily ~ July 5 th

Starting us up!

Coffee is on! Anyone ready for a cup?
Old 07-05-2002, 05:42 AM   #2  
Senior Chicky

Angry Good very early morning!

I've been up a couple of hours already! Hate when this happens! DH goes out of town, I look forward to some time not to be mom or wifey for a few days and I can't sleep without the butthead next to me!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday. Mine turned out to be calmer than expected. I didn't have to do all the cooking which was nice. I was able to come home early and leave the clean up to everyone else! Did hear some upsetting news from an old friend. He was diagnosed with colon cancer. Freaked me out a bit though he claims to be unconcerned. The news put me in a weird frame of mind. I called down to DD's - she did answer the phone this time - and I got to talk with two of my grandbabies. So, some happy and some sad tears after that. I would've loved to have spent some time with them.

Today will be alot of house cleaning. I want to get it all finished so I have the next couple of "play" days for me before the "boyz" come back from their fishing trip.

Need more coffee, anyone else? Check back with ya'll later!

J
Old 07-05-2002, 07:30 AM   #3  
It's MY Life

Morning!!! I "think" that it is a bit cooler outside--too soon to tell though. We had a really fun time at our friends barbecue--dangled our feet in their pool, had a few drinks and lots of talking. DS and 4 other boys went out and golfed. It was about 97 so I don't see the fun in that, but then I guess that doesn't matter. Lots of work to do today. Going to clean the carpets and get a little more cleaning done for our company tomorrow night. My bummer news yesterday was that the spin cycle on my washing machine is NOT working. It is almost 20 years old so I guess it is entitled, but the timing is the pits!

Janice, glad you didn't have to do all of that cooking in the heat yesterday. Sorry to hear about your friend that is just too bad darn it. Try and enjoy your next couple of days.

Hello to everyone else--hope you have a great day!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 07:31 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, MamaJ, Annie and all the sleepyheads to come. Now I know you chicks are up - just not in here yet.

The weather is wonderful this morning - cooler and breezy. The Girls are sitting on my bedroom floor with their heads in the window enjoying the view and the fresh air. The past week they have spent a lot of time in their wading pool or flaked on the kitchen floor near the AC vent.

Finally heard from the dealer yesterday - my car needs a whole new door, not just a new window. Apparently the wind last week caught the door so hard that the frame is bent! I have the car back but can't lower the new window. They have ordered a new door from Ford and will install it when it arrives. At least I have my car back! I hope to heck the Insurance covers this!

We are off for Obedience Class in Kingston shortly and I hope for a quick trip into the Superstore for veggies. (I leave Miss Lucy locked in the car with the AC running and just dash in and out as fast as I can.)

Not much planned for the weekend, thank God! The folks who have one of my grandpuppies will be in town so we may have a bit of company. They camp in our Township Park which is just plugged with tents and trailers now. The cemetary is right beside the park - I don't know how the inhabitants stand the noise!

Have to get organized for the trip to Kingston - training lead, special treats, car blankie....worse than travel with a baby.

Hope everyone had a great Fourth. (There's a kid in WI who thinks the Canadian July calendar goes July 1 2 3 5 6...because I told her we didn't have a Fourth of July!)

Laters, chickies.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 07-05-2002 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:33 AM   #5  
Old Cackler

janice.. what on earth are you doing up in the middle of the night????/ it was probably still dark in texas!!!!

i got up around 6 this morning, and was out walking at 6:30. a little harder, especially since i skipped my asthma meds last night and didn't take it before i walked [yes, another stupid thing i did!]. but it didn't take as long to walk the mile today, and i don't ache, either.

and the contractor showed up yesterday to pour the footings for the deck [yippeee yahoo!!!!] and took away that treacherous wheelchair ramp. today, it's deck building and they're going to tear down the front porch. i guess the next couple of days will be rebuilding it. the chipmunks, those cute little critters, have completely decimated the brickwork, and the whole thing is wobbly.

the barbecue was lovely. and yes, sam and rosie's grandma, it was like taking coals to newcastle, but my friends said that they can't get good biscotti in their neighborhood. and i'm so proud of me.. i ate for too many minutes [but it was my only real meal for the day], and i had a bit of everything!!!

and best of all... no traffic in either direction!!!!

mom was a pill.. it was plain that she was nervous about going to THE CITY, but once she got there, she was fine.

well, enough twaddle. hope everyone has a great day, enjoying their gardens and pools and beaches and such. and poor jenniwookie at work...

come to think of it, our northern friends are working too. well. SOMEONE has to keep our NAFTA economies moving!!!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #6  

Good Mooooooooooooooorning Chicks!

Wow! What a GORGEOUS day finally! It is only 72 this morning and I never thought in a million years that I would consider 72 a 'cool' morning!

Janice, I am sorry to hear about your friend. Enjoy your time alone -- it will end all too soon!

Ruthie, good luck with the door, the insurance co and the window. I always cringe when something like that happens to your primary car. And, that poor little kid

Jiff, I'm glad your bbq was good! And, congrats on the new renovations!

I am bound and determined today to get my darn garage straighten out. Although, of course, today I am exhausted. I was up until 2 am trying to help my poor girlfriend in California with her finances. It seems that she and her dh have gotten themselves buried in a LOT of credit card debt. They've already gone the cccs route and are seriously considering bankruptcy. I helped her realize that it's not the only answer if they just batten up the hatches and get serious. But, they need to learn some new habits and maybe one of them getting a parttime job would help - or stop spending would help - or selling a bunch of stuff on eBay would help -- the list is endless. What really sad about this is that I've been telling her a long time that she needs to get a grasp on this. But, that's ok. Now, I'll just hold her hand and dry her tears and tell it's going to be ok.

I am OP again! I am so pleased. Those new pants aren't as tight as they were last week, but I'm beginning to show some interest in trying low-carbing with ww. Still giving it some thought.

Enjoy the weather today, my friends! Have a GREAT day!
Old 07-05-2002, 08:35 AM   #7  

Speaking of chipmunks---Chippy (our resident chipmunk in the front garden) has got into our house! He was running all over the floor in the kitchen and then he tried to make a break for it by running into our living room and up onto the window sill. Poor thing--I opened the front door a crack to help him get out and the patio door so hopefully he exited some way. He just sat there looking at me in my hallway and I told him he wasn't supposed to be in here. Then he scampered off behind my stove. I have no idea if he's gone or not.

Speaking once again of chipmunks, Miss Miree climbed onto a chair, opened the freezer and ate 10 freezies for breakfast. There's just nothing else to say...

Got a memo for an emergency board meeting and I'm awaiting a phonecall. I hope it doesn't run too long Ihave lotes of stuff to do today now that the temperature has dropped and I feel normal again!

Hope you all have a great one!
Old 07-05-2002, 09:37 AM   #8  

After all that heat and humidity, it's downright cold in the house now. We opened all the windows and the East-West wind is blowing through. This old house is brick covered with aluminum, siding, so it takes a bit to cool off. It's was so nice to sleep with a blanket and only one fan on last night. We slept like babies!

Yesterday, we played with our new tractor-mower. It's easier to use than the old one. Thank goodness! DH hauled dirt with the big tractor(farm sized) to renovate an area near the side porch. We have four porches. I brushed our doggie and the area looks like it snowed. The sparrows love dog hair to build their nests. We sat and watched a mother downy woodpecker feed a baby on our feeder--neat sight!

My leg is better and the infection in my arm is gone. Now I can do what I want to do! I have some cleaning to do today and I just spent an hour in the sewing room. I figure that if I do that almost every day, I'll get caught up and maybe even get enthusiastic about sewing and crafts again. So... I"m off to find some breakfast and plan the weekend.
Old 07-05-2002, 03:05 PM   #9  

Hi Y'all,
Just a quickie here, but Ms. Pooky made me need to share my story. Last night, my DH (maybe SH in this instance!) left the back door open to help cool off the house and in the middle of the night we were quickly awakened by the very intense smell of fresh skunk. Seems the little fella couldn't resist the dog food that was in the back room and had to come in for a bite. The dogs heard the rustling and chased the critter out, but not before it sprayed. Yep, in my house, as it was running out the door. Lets just say that Febreeze is a really good product!
Later!
Chickadee
Old 07-05-2002, 03:43 PM   #10  
Big Loser

Oh Chickadee, YUK, it takes forever to get rid of that smell, my boxer has messed with a few over the years!!!!

had a nice 4th here in TN. Had an afternoon barbecue by the pool..BIL and family are in. THen DH and I went to see the EAGLES...I am soo old. It was a great concert, they sound the same even after 30 yrs, it was great, great, great!!!!!

Left work early today and got home and the kids were gone with the relatives, I have been home alone all day, terrific, I got the kids clothes all cleaned out and sorted. 3 bags for the church and a big pile for consignment!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 06:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Rachel, you didn't invite me to the concert! I am so old, too! I just looooooooove them, I am so jealous!

It's another scorcher here, 106 heat index today, yuck! A/C crapped out in the car and it overheated, so looks like my weekend will be spent close to home. MIL took dd to Powerpuff Girls New Movie tonight, her first theater trip. Hope she behaves! Another first that she beat me to, dang it!

Ya'll have a good one, I'm off to force-feed myself some cheese. Maybe I'll get some protein shakes tonight at serve them COLD. Sounds great! Talk to you later!
Old 07-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #12  

Hey Chickadee!!! Hi sweetie!!! Nice to see ya! Sorry about your skunk encounter, tho!

Kel
Old 07-05-2002, 09:09 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

LOL chickadee I had my dog kill one in it's pen last year. he stunk for 2 months even with dog wash and scent gone stuff

there is a great product that works on everything that is called Odoban i bought it at Sam's club 20$ for a concentrated gallon it will last years but it kills male cat spray!!! wonderful stuff. just short of a miracle!!