Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #31  

I lost 2.0 pounds this week, Turtles! And it's right before TOM...whoa!

Today is planned, too. I have started eating today, too. Next time is in about an hour. So far, so good.

Thank you for your positive comments, Judy. I keep coming back and rereading them, as encouragement.

Keep on keepin' on, Turtles.

Last edited by mousie; 09-30-2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:21 PM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Mousie, : you're doing great. Two pounds down is definitely the way to go. You can do this. You're on your way to a healthier happier you.

Bandit, good luck this weekend. It's always good to hear from you.

Love,
Judy
Old 09-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #33  

Oi, it's been such an up-and-down few days, Turtles. Around midmorning today I realized that DH has given me his cold. BLEH. I'm about 8 hours behind him in symptoms, so it doesn't look like it's just the 24-hour kind (he's still sick).

I couldn't eat today. Not because I was not letting myself or playing games with it, just simply because I have a cold. I've spent a lot of the day sleeping. I've also been drinking water, to stave off dehydration.

But! When I am ready to eat again, when my body is healthy again, I will go back to the 2-hour thing. I'm not thinking this is over and dealt with just because I'm sick. I'll keep on...that's what makes me a Turtle, right?
Old 10-01-2005, 12:18 PM   #34  
Chick

Dear Mousie,
It's sure what makes us Turtles and we have to deal with colds, viruses, etc. Do you think you're up for some chicken soup or something hot to help keep you hydrated? Just a thought. Feel well real soon.
Love,
judy
Old 10-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #35  

I must have a really solid baseline health, because I'm basically okay this morning. I'm getting tired already--I've only been up for 3 hours!--so I'm probably going to wander back to bed here in a minute, but so far I've kicked the other symptoms. Of course, judicious (and generous) use of Airborne and Zicam have probably played a part in that, too. I'll take what I can get, whatever way I can get it.

I've eaten twice today, a homemade egg-mcmuffin-sandwich (egg, 2% cheese, canadian bacon, whole wheat english muffin) first and then a banana and 2 tablespoons peanut butter 2 hours later. Several people have suggested that for my body type (large but muscular) I need more protein and more good fats. So I'm having peanut butter and fish oil supplement every day. Huh. Or, I'm planning to, when I'm healthy! Whatever.

I woke up around 6:30 this morning and considered going out for a walk, but decided that it was probably not too bright to wander that far from home when I'm not entirely healthy yet. So I'll try walking on the treadmill later.

I was going through pictures--mom2 has offered to make us a scrapbook of our wedding--and I'm amazed at how small I was 5 years ago! We had 90 days after entering the country to get married (DH is British) so we didn't have much time to plan. I remember my dress being badly fit, and tight because I had started to put on weight between immigration hassles, moving stress, and school and work stress. I was 216 on my wedding day, which was 36 pounds heavier than my lowest. Obviously I hadn't gained 36 pounds in 90 days--I had gained about 20 of it in 90 days though! Anyway, I'm surprised by how small that was, when I remember feeling so gargantuan and uncomfortable. I guess 5 years gives you a lot of perspective.

Anyway. I hope all the Turtles are doing well.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #36  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, we're wrapping up the weekend. Weather here in NY is beautiful. Crisp and sunny and a lovely fall day after such a hot and humid summer. Bandit, hope your weekend is going well. Mousie, you have gotten so introspective in your musings. You're doing great at discovering what makes you tick. I'm with you. I remember weighing 150# and being embarassed at my weight. So many pounds heavier now (and for a long time) I would give anything to be 150# again. All I can do is keep on exercising and pursuing a healthy life plan. Eating better and exercising is the way to go. Everybody enjoy the day and chime in when you can. Mousie, I hope the Zicam and Airborne chase away those cold germs. I've had good success using those products too. You all take care. :
Love,
Judy
ps--my birthday is tomorrow and I have to be super careful. As part of my celebration I ate out twice yesterday and my scale weight went up two pounds. I can't afford that, so back to basics today!
234.6/211.8/thinner onto onederland
Old 10-03-2005, 07:16 PM   #37  

HEEEEEEEEEEY Judy! Happy Birthday, birthday girl! Get in here so we can give you hugs and cheer and such!

I hope your birthday was wonderful, and I wish you all the best luck for the coming year!
Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #38  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Mousie, what an adorable display met me on my computer this morning. Thank you so much. It makes me giggle and smile big with happiness. My birthday was very sweet.
I'm lucky to have such a good husband and my daughters and sisters remembered me, so all was well. Must admit this birthday crept up on me and the year flew by. Most years fly, but this was a direct non-stop deal! You all take care, have a great day, and keep on keepin' on. Bandit, stay with it. You can do this. Mousie can do this and I can do this! Yay.
I'm going to start a new thread.
Love,
Judy
234.6/ 211.8/thinner into onederland
Closed Thread