Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #31  

Hi All

Long time no see, I can tell its been pretty quite around here.

I have been riding my horse, enjoying the nice weather while its here. You know we don't get it very long for around here. I have not posted much but have been trying to keep up on everyone.

Candice - I love your pictures!! How do you do them? Everytime I have tried to put one in I get an error that says its too large and cannot be used. Any suggestions.

PJ - I envy you and all your nice weather, although I don't know how you do it on all the really hot days. I get miserable here when it gets above 80, its the humidity that does me in. If there is a cool breeze its not to bad. Would love to put in a pool but here it would only get used a couple of months out of the year, so it doesn't really seem to be worth all the money it would take.

take care
Old 06-11-2001, 04:11 AM   #32  

Default Working in the yard again!

I just don't know when to rest...I just keep plugging away untill I can't do anymore! I just love being outside so much more than doing work inside (not the hot and humid stuff can't stand that either)

Penny..Do you have a program on your puter to crop or resize your pictures..I just learned how to do it, my brother had a program he was not using so he gave it to me..nice huh!

Happy BD Sue Bee...Sorry its late!

Happy BD Bren........Ditto

Nice bod PJ! I think we all would like to look that when we grow up

Last edited by Candicej; 06-11-2001 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-12-2001, 11:56 PM   #33  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Hello!!!

A quick Hello to all my owl fiiends before I head off to sleep...things have been hectic and I have been off program but not too terrib;e...miss being here with you and will be back soon

Night
emmy
Old 06-12-2001, 11:59 PM   #34  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Brenda - HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I have had many "senior moments" lately.....heh-heh....and have been VERY bad with my PARENTS Birthdays and Anniv. AAAGGGHHHH....I've got a "full-plate" I guess.

Penny I ride in the evening, after dinner. Now and for the next 3-4 month are the hottest of the year. We just wear t-shirts while out in the sun and as soon as we're done riding, we "slip" into a stall and change into a tank top.
We leave the horses tunred out in the pastures at night when it's nice and cool. During the day, we keep them in their stalls except to take them out, wet them down or bathe them. I like to wet them down atleast once a day. Sometimes twice and then spray natural fly spray on them. This way, when their coat dries, the repellent is on the top and works twice as well. There's just no way of getting around the flies...although we dont have many (since I'm neurotic with fly paper and "water/sugar bags".....but I still hate flies....Eeewwwww.

Candice - I'm always in my suit (like today) while working in the yard. I jump into the pool every 1/2 hour or so and gulp down about a pint of cold water.....it's like I've breathed life back into myself again. I love being outside rather than inside also but I can't stand the thought of a messy house to go INTO after I'm done working around the yard.

Well, this OWL is going to bed. Waaaaay past my bedtime tonight. I poped.
Sweet Dreams everyone,
Hugs,
~Pamela~
Old 06-13-2001, 03:13 AM   #35  

Default Messy house?????????

PJ I don't like going into a messy house either but sometimes there is not time for both! I used to have help cleaning but she moved and I haven't found anyone yet (DH likes it that way cause he doesn't have to pay them anymore!) It sure was nice to have help! I can't fret about it or I will just go crazy!!!!!!!!! I have learned to let alot of things go! Sounds like you take good care of those horses I hate flies too! EEEEWWWWWWWWW is right!

HI Em..miss ya!

http://www.brensplace.com/cards/lightinstorm.htm

Last edited by Candicej; 06-13-2001 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:17 AM   #36  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

Candice - I'm charging the battery for my camera right now and will take some pictures of a very "sad" garden. I'm heartbroken....because I'm not sure if they're just in shock or are going to die. Remember I mentioned that Bill and I had transplanted and re-arranged the entire front of our landscaping (my garden)? Well, it's been two days and even though I have been watering them in the EARLY am so as not to burn them and the early pm for the same reason....since the sun is brutal now.....they're not "fluffing up". I've got a huge box of MIRACLE GROW in the garage and I'm hoping that will help. I put down alot of good rich soil that I mix myself. This is really going to sound gross but I let about 4 of my very large pots just "sit" in the far back yard where we don't have to look at or smell them. They make a very rich soil (and full of water and buggies too.......another EEEEEwwwwwwwwww) I mix that with potting soil and sand.....depending on how much each plant needs and then I put a SLOW RELEASE fertilizer around the base of each one and water them well. Oh heck.....I'll just wait another 5 mis.....take the picture and post it on the picture trail page and stick the url on here for you to see. Maybe you can help me out. My Gardenia is my favorite and has grown to over 5 feet tall. My blue Plumbago is doing just fine as are the other "hardy" Florida plants but I have alot of "butterfly garden" plants that are definitely in shock and although I forget the name....there's this one Yellow flowered Plant that I also grew from a sappling and is now (if I hadn't trimmed it .....it would be over 6 ft. tall) about 4 feet high. They open in the daytime with the morning sun and close in the evening. Really beautiful. Anyway, let me take my pics and then maybe you'll have a chance to help me out. I'm so upset. I pulled all of the impatiens out and replanted those into smaller pots after cutting them down and they'll do fine on the back patio where they wont get burned.

As for the "CLEAN HOUSE".......My Insurance was paying for a housekeeper for a while until the $$$ ran out. At that time......I was unable to get out of bed many days but I also did NOT take the meds I'm taking now for pain either. Hey...it's a choice we have to make. I either take the pain killers or I can't function. For most people, if they take one percocet/vicaden....they'll get knocked out.......Ha! I have TWO with my morning coffee just to get started and enable myself to just plain FUNCTION. Doesn't impare my vision, driving, etc...........(Geez, I miss the spell-check....heh-heh). Ok......nuff about me.......Geeeezzzz

I'm off to get some more "stuff" done. Already been to the stables and now it's time for the exciting stuff.......you know:

Laundry, Floors, dusting. blah, blah. blah......oh yes! Don't let me forget my favorite. THE BATHROOM TOILETS.........

~Have a good one!

~Pamela~
Old 06-15-2001, 09:08 PM   #37  
Happy Member

Default my aching heels

All this talk about horses makes me want to tell you my tale of woe for the week. Glad I can look back on it and laugh, though.

Sunday, I went riding for the first time in weeks. (been working too much!) When I was riding more frequently, I bought a great pair of Ariat paddock boots. ---for you non-horsey people, this is one of the major boot makers and paddock boots come up above your ankle---- Anyway, these were the latest ones (got a really great deal and had gift certificates to use!) I think they are called Expeditions or something like that.....SUPER comfortable!! Well, they didn't even need a "break-in" period, they were so comfortable right away! Well, after not riding for a while, the skin on my heels was torn up at the end of the day. Ouch! Two already popped and fire engine red blisters on one heel, and one on the other. I haven't been able to wear shoes with backs all week! I have to walk my older son to kindergarten every day, about a 15 min walk each way (hello! that's an hour a day! LOL, not a job for my sandals, either) and I had to "modify" my sneakers to be able to walk by smooshing down the heel part. How lovely! What is usually a great way for me to get in my exercise became torture for the first couple of days. Phooey! Made a lovely fashion statement at work, too. Luckily, I work at an animal hospital and we're supposed to wear sneakers, but my modified pair, along with the band-aids to cover the ugly boo-boos were laughable. So one day, I decided to use my kids "tattoo" band-aids. They really look like tattoos! So much so that some of my co-workers and our clients actually thought I got tattoos on the backs of my heels!!

PJ: I checked out your link to the stable pictures. Nice place you've got there....and nice equine friends, too!!

Hello to everyone else from a lurker.....LOL to SueBee on your "okay lurkers come on out....I can hear you breathing!!."
Old 06-15-2001, 09:41 PM   #38  

Alley-Oop,

So great to have you drop in and say hi and share a great story. We are on night owls #10 now so I am gonna copy and paste your post over there so nobody misses it and I will also post to you over there.

Brenda
Closed Thread