Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2001, 07:40 PM   #16  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

"The greatest sweetener of human life is friendship.
To raise this to the highest pitch of enjoyment, is a secret which but few discover."

--Joseph Addison, English poet
Old 06-03-2001, 08:16 AM   #17  

Thanks for the birthday greetings. Nothing too exciting. Went to dinner with Rob and just generally had a quiet day.

Been rainy here lately.

Just hanging out.

SueBee
Old 06-04-2001, 09:49 AM   #18  

I can't believe that no one else has posted here since me yestereday. I guess that everyone had a busy weekend. We didn't do anything too special. The weather here hasn't been very nice.

I went to my Mom and Dad's for supper last night and my Mom made a book for me filled with pictures of me growing up. They were quite enjoyable and brought back lots of memories.

Had a few rough days with the WW thing, but am determined to get back on track. I figure I can still do okay, with 3 excellent days before weigh in.

Hope all is well with everyone else and hope to see some action around here soon.

Sue
Old 06-04-2001, 11:05 PM   #19  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default Happy Belated Birthday SueBee!!!!

Sorry I missed your Birthday!! Glad to hear that you had a good day. The Memory Book that your Mom made sounds really special!

Just a quick hello so you guys will know that I am NOT lost and will get back to you soon!!

Take care.....

Here is some sunshine for those of you having rainy days!!!

emmy

Last edited by emmy; 06-04-2001 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2001, 09:30 AM   #20  

Hi All:

What on earth has been going on here??

I haven't been able to get in for a couple of days and now all these changes.

Hope all is well with everyone I am still counting points and going to OA meetings. They have been more help than I could have possibly imagined, and I am making alot of new friends.
I am down 7lbs this month so something is sure working.
My spirits a up, now if the weather would just cooperate. Its been dreary and grey here for over a week and I have had enough I need some sun

Take care
Old 06-05-2001, 09:40 AM   #21  

Talking

Good morning. Glad to see some other people posting. To all you lurkers out there.....HELLO....say hi sometime. I can hear your breathing!!

Had a great day on program yesterday. Trying to mend 2 bad days from the weekend. Usually I try to make the weekends the same as other days and not get too stressed out about them. Yesterday when I went for my walk with sister and three babies, I brought along some of my corn bran, and ended up sharing it with all three of them. Glad to see that they like it too!! Usually we go out around 1030 and don't get home until after 1:00 and by then I'm very hungry. So now I think that I'll start bringing along some cereal to hold me over. When I got home yesterday I had a greek salad...olives, feta, tomatoes and cucumbers with some melba toast......very good. Will have to keep that in mind for other lunches. Then had Scott's favorite for supper....chicken fahitjas. Very good and very easy. No mess, as everything is cooked on the barbeque.

If there is anyone that lives close to Ontario and is interested in sending my some Kashi cereal called Good Friends could you let me know. We don't have this product in Ontario yet and I'm interested in trying some out. Of course I would pay you!! Send me a note.
[email protected]

Well that's all for now, hope tyo hear from more of you gals soon. Have a great day.

SueBee
Old 06-06-2001, 09:01 AM   #22  

Angry

Wow, can't believe that this has happened twice, that I posted and nobody else has. I know you are out there soewhere. Come and say hi!

Had another great day on WW yesterday. Why can't I be this controlled all the time? Went shopping and bought some clothes. Went walking last night and met up with Rob and Scott at the soccer field. Good game, they played their first match. It was close, but they lost 2-1 in about the last 10 minutes. Scott was playing nets and was getting razzed by a player from the other team standing right in front of his net. The funny thing is, this kid also plays with Scott on his ball-hockey team and has quite a reputation as being very aggressive. Scott was thinking that he's quite a jerk, and I told him no matter where we go in life, we will always have to deal with jerks.!!! It's hard to teach your kids that life isn't always fair, but they find that out sooner or later.

Don't have anything planned special today. Hopefully will get out for a walk.

Just a reminder that if anyone lives close to Ontario, I would be interested in getting some Kashi cereal sent to me. One by the name of Good Friends. Any interested people out there willing to help me out??

Have a nice day and try to behave yourself.

SueBee
Old 06-07-2001, 10:35 AM   #23  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Thumbs down What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.

~Good Morning~
Well, it is officially summer here in Florida and it's hot! Not up in the mid 90's but it's going to get there. Thank the Good Lord that he enabled us to have our pool put in when we built this house five yrs. ago. The kids LIVE in it lately and I usually don't leave the house for long because I just hang out in my suit with a large T-shirt over it while doing gardening or whatever (today it's weeding) and then I jump in and cool off then drink down alot!!! of cool water. It's very easy to get dehydrated here and I've finally found a way to keep the kids from running in and out of the house for more water. I put a large sports cooler in the garage and it's working out fine. Duh! Hello??? Took me long enough to figure out.

SueBee - I emailed you regarding the Kashi.

I haven't been around much lately because I've been busy and I'm sure that goes for the rest of you as well. My kids got out of school much earlier than most of yours and I'm sure many of you are all having last minute B'day parties, school parties, etc. Hang in there, it will all be over soon.

I had to go to the Doctors yesterday for some MORE paper-work as to my injuries from my car accident. I am now having alot of pain with my right knee but I think everything is finally coming to a close. I can't wait to put this nightmare (and I MEAN nightmare since I have them all the time..I'll explain some other time but it's all related to the accident) behind me. I've had a painful two days. Nothing seems to help but I go through this every couple of weeks and just have to go with the flow and take one day at a time.

I have NOT been OP for a couple of days. Night before last.....after a long morning at the stables power-washing the side walls.......I was pretty much lying on the couch for the rest of the day. Well, around 9pm....(the kids were not home and it was just Bill and I) ....I told Bill that I just had this CRAVING for some Ben and Jerry's icecream....any flavor...I didn't care...just make sure it's gooey. So he got 2 pints and I finished ALL of mine (had heathbars in it ) and THEN......I polished off the little that was left in Bills too about an hour after that! Wow!!!!!!!! TALK ABOUT A BINGE!!!!! I didn't feel too bad......I just made sure I haven't gone on the scale this week. and as long as I only do it ONCE IN A WHILE!!!!!!! I don't see any harm in indulging. I know mine was a reaaaal biggy but boy.....it was a very pleasurable experience. Heh-heh.

Today, I'm about to have my 2nd cup of coffee....and then I'll make my soy slim-fast shake and I'll plan the rest of my day. Soup for lunch and I already know I'm making roasted chicken for dinner. This time, I wrapping it in tin-foil and cooking it on the grill with baked potatoes and sweet corn. I'll serve salad and rolls with it and that should take care of my day. I bought a bag of apples and have to remember to atleast put one in my car so I don't forget to have it. They're so much better for you than most people realize.

That's it for me. I hope you're all having fun wherever you are and whatever you're doing. Remember, if any of you are down this way for the summer.......let me know. I love company and I love to entertain.
Hugs to you all,
~Pamela~
Old 06-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #24  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

I received a couple of emails saying they NEVER saw my ~DAILY QUOTES~ until just the other day. Since there are so many "stickies"....I'm always at the very bottom and not many people notice my posts. Brenda - Is there any way you can fix this? Do we really need all the stickies to be where they are? Is it possible or is anyone else interested in having the most recent posts/topics to pop up at the top like they used to...except of course for the NIGHT OWLS posts. Anyway, it's just a suggestion and I hope noone gets bent out of shape because that's not what I'm writing this for. I just didn't realize anyone else besides Judy ready my DAILY QUOTES and it seems that other people like them as well. They ARE meant for you all. I'm glad you like them. Any suggestions Brenda and Tara would be greatly appreciated and if it's not do-able, they'll just have to live with it the way it is which is still a wonderful forum. Geeeez, I LOVE THIS PLACE.

Here's my ~DAILY QUOTE" for today:

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment." --Dorothy Nevill

"It is better to entertain an idea than to take it home to live with you for the rest of your life." --Randall Jarrell

"Be on the alert to recognize your prime at whatever time of your life it may occur." --Muriel Spark

Turn off the TV and the computer and exercise your mind with a good book:

"Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk or discourse, but to weigh and consider." --Francis Bacon

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
--Richard Steele

"It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish." --S. I. Hayakawa

Last edited by PJ; 06-07-2001 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2001, 01:12 PM   #25  
Is is spring yet??

Pamela Jo - You ask and you shall receive!! All stickies are off

Tara
Old 06-08-2001, 05:31 PM   #26  
Teacher chick

Hi guys... I'm back finally. Thanks to you all for not forgetting me. The good news is that school is out and graduation is over and Steve is trying hard to cope with his illness while I am trying hard to sleep past 5:30 in the morning!

I am online mostly in the early mornings, before anyone gets up (JUDY TIME) so I'll probably do most of my posting then. How great it is to see you all again!

Last edited by judygal; 06-08-2001 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2001, 08:08 PM   #27  

Hi everyone,

Pamela, thank you for your wonderful post to me. I have not been back online since my last post. I have been sick and also down in the dumps, as I see you allready could tell by your last post. Anyway thanks for being such a good friend, I am starting to feel a bit better, seeing your post really helped.

For my Birthday(May 31st) my mom gave me $50 bucks and I am starting a new clothes fund for when I get down another size, maybe that will help me stay on program.

Hello to all the owls, I will try to be around more.

Brenda
Old 06-09-2001, 06:24 AM   #28  

Default Quickie

I'm back and 1.5 pounds lighter!

A picture of my spring soapwart and star of bethlehem
Old 06-09-2001, 01:40 PM   #29  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

I don't know about you guys, but when I grow up.......THIS is what I'm going to look like.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:48 PM   #30  
Getting back on track!

Angry

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BREN!

Hi Owls,

I miss you all. I have been very sick and have way to much going on right now. I do hope to be back one day soon.

Love to all

Setina
Closed Thread