Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:56 PM   #31  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, to answer everyone's questions...my sister Kathie had girl after girl after girl..when she got to the 5th one, they named her Kathleen Mary, same as her mom (my sister). The other 4 girls, ranging in age from 7 down called her "Bubba" instead of baby. I'll email a photo. I know it sounds weird, but that's just her name. by the way, her husband absolutely hates it..tee hee...but it'll never change.

There are more posts I want to answer, but Survivor is on in 5 minutes and we haven't even eaten yet. If I can, I'll be back later. Otherwise, see you tomorrow

~Jen
Old 03-23-2005, 10:20 PM   #32  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi all.....just a quick hello and I have to run. Watched Survivor....(Jen, what did you think about tonights vote??) We stopped at the Billiards store on the way home to get my 'baby' a birthday present. He wanted a cabinet for his dart board and we got that and some more darts and "flights".....whatever that means. Expensive hobby I must say.....Christian turns 25 tomorrow...I just can't believe it.

Anyway, it's been a long day and night so I'm gonna run and get some sleep. I'll talk to you'all tomorrow.

Me
Old 03-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #33  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Talking

Jen, thanks for clearing up "the Bubba" story.

Have a nice day everybody.

Es
Old 03-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #34  

Hi My Friends,
Thanks for the congrats to Greg and company. They are very excited. The performance is on April 1st. In the meantime they are also rehearsing for the musical which runs April 7-9.
I have to head in to Boston today to meet a client, we are getting 3-5 inches of snow as I write this. I am thankful that she is flexible and that I can wait until later when the snow and the traffic have let up.

That youth conference atmosphere is really a fun thing for me. The kids are so talented. They organize all of the workshops, what food to serve, a coffeehouse with kind of a talent show, and a late night worship. I always feel energized by it. I find the challenge is actually some of the adult youth advisors who can be a little quirky, I definitely don't hit it off with all of them.
Es, When you say cemetary, do you mean your parents? We hold people in our hearts especially when the holidays come. I hope you enjoy Easter despite it being quiet. Perhaps you and Pete can plan something special for yourselves. I would love it if Mike learned to cook, but he says I am too much of a perfectionist so I intimidate him.
Jen, Bubba explained! It reminds me of my friend Arnie, who is really named Eleanor. A tall, beautiful redhead, who was Christened by her baby sister, and the name Arnie stuck forever after.
Dianne, It takes my breath away, it sounds like quite a challenge to fit all the family in as much as you would like to. I hope you have a wonderful time over the weekend getting together in Philly and for Easter.
Terri, I guess Nashville is just a day trip from where you are? I remember flying into Nashville when I visited my friend who was in Huntsville. Going to see "Chicago" for your birthday sounds like a lot of fun ,something special to look forward to. I am going to have to make that pulled pork soon, I collect easy crockpot recipes for the busy days. The taco soup sounds good too. Lately we have been alternating between Asian cooking and Italian. Those seem to be the favorite cuisines around here.
Zoe, I know what you mean about our babies' birthdays. My baby, Greg, will be 18 this Sunday. My older son Dave, will be 24 this summer. I was married by then.
For Easter we will be at church, then my brother-in-law's for dinner and my MIL's for dessert where the whole family will gather to celebrate all the March birthdays. We have 5 this month.

Hugs to the whole gang,
Luv ya's,
Sandy

Last edited by Sandancy; 03-24-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:43 PM   #35  

Es,
That is great that Pete cooks.
I wish I could visit the cemetary more often. My dad's tombstone is being put in this month. It is a bench. His last name is on top and there are 2 bibles that have both their names and birth and death dates (except my mom's of course.) They said it is very nice so I will see this summer.

Sandy,
We have 4 birthdays this month. Mine is Sunday also. Small world.
Nashville is only 90 miles from here. It is nice to be so close.
Have a great Easter Weeekend.

Jen and Zoe,
Did y'all watch Survivor? James was shocked wasn't he?
I am not to crazy about Stephanie. I like Koror (Spell?)
Poor Ulong. They are doing so well.

I love the story about Bubba. Thanks.

Tell Christian Happy Birthday for me Zoe. My nephew's is tomorrow. I was born on Good Friday.

Well, Bradley has a friend over for the day and then his mom will pick up both boys and Brad will sleep there and then Brandon's friend will come later and spend the night. Tyler and Brandon are close and they call each other at least 10 times a day and talk about girls and music (AC/DC, Pink Floyd,Queen, Rolling Stones etc...). Whenever Tyler calls Britts always yells "Brandon. It's your girlfriend."

TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-25-2005, 05:00 AM   #36  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Terri, Britt is so funny She reminds me of my niece. My nephew has a friend like that. They're more like brothers. Tell Brittany I said hello with a hug. Happy Birthday to your nephew.

Sandy, my Dad & Mom are buried together. Around the holidays we take flowers. When I met Pete he was a landscaper & he would always go to my Mom's & cut the grass & plant flowers. She loved that so every now & then we go to the cemetary & make it look pretty. I can almost see her smiling down at us.

Jen, Dianne & I gave you such a hard time about Bubba. She's a very pretty girl.

Zoe, Happy Birthday to Christian.

Be back later. Have to get ready for work.

Love,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 03-25-2005 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:37 AM   #37  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Happy Friday everyone:

The University is closed today for Good Friday - YES!! I'll need it with this weekend for sure. Tomorrow Philly and then on Sunday we had a change in plans. I felt sorry for Lisa cause she always winds up with everyone in her house. Every weekend she goes to church and her mom goes, her MIL goes, her BIL goes, her brother and his girlfriend and they all wind up in Lisa's after church. Plus with 4 kids she's always so busy. So I told her we could do Easter at my house. I have more room, with a big dining room and eat-in kitchen, plus a folding table for the kids. This way everyone can eat together and she'll get a break too. So that will be about 22 for dinner on sunday It will be fine, everyone cooks and the ones that don't cook, bring dessert.

Jen - Your niece is lovely and I will never think of Bubba the same way again How is your gardening coming - did you start already? I don't know about Chicago, but it sure isn't spring yet in NY. Thank God they're not predicting snow for Easter Sunday.

Es, amiga - Its great that Pete is loving his wok and cooking for you. Since Willie retired, I've taught him to make some dishes and its so great to come home to dinner on the table. I'm loving it too

ZoeGirl: to Christian Hope he has a great day. Did you start CORE yet?

Sandy: Its really great that you enjoy the youth ministry. My granddaughter Lianne left yesterday for a youth conference in Syracuse, NY. She'll be back tomorrow. People who help out with the youth in the church are very special people. Its a very important job. to you.

Terri - to your nephew too. Hope you are enjoying your weekend in Nashville.

Well, gotta run - Alana and I are going to pick up Steven's oldest son, Andrew. He lives in New Jersey, about 30-40 mins from me. We are taking him with us to Philly to see his Dad and brothers and sister. He'll sleep over tonight so we can get an early start tomorrow (after ww of course). We're also surprising my granddaugher Brooke (Steven's only daughter) by bringing Lisa's daughter Alissa with us to Philly. They're only 1 year apart and they get along great. Plus poor Brooke is surrounded by brothers (4)! So, she'll be happy to see Alissa.

Hope to be back here over the weekend but just in case: ]HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/0/25.6/15.6/

Last edited by dpadro; 03-25-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:01 AM   #38  

Hello Buddies,

I am so excited, I lost 2lbs this week. My total from my highest weight is now 25.4 lbs. I haven't talked about reaching the 10% goal because my joining weight was not my highest weight ever. I have lost 17.6 since I rejoined. So I have 2.8 to go till I reach the 10% at WW. The other goal I had was for those black dress pants to fit me comfortably by Easter,and yay I did it!
So excuse me for my exuberance, but it has been a long time since I stayed focused long enough to achieve a goal.

So, now on to new challenges. I think that for myself I will set one to lose 8lbs by Memorial Day. There are the big challenges ahead and the more immediate ones. I asked Greg what special dessert he would like for his birthday. I am baking a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake to bring for Easter dessert(say fat grams!!). Thank goodness there are a lot of people to consume it. The leftovers would be a real dealbreaker for me.
Es, whenever I garden, I feel as if I am communicating with my grandfather, He was an avid gardener, almost a farmer in fact. We couldn't get him to come inside once he got into a project outside, and I am like that too. I think caring for your parents' grave is a wonderful peaceful way to keep them in your memory and heart.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Sandy

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #39  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Sandy, 2 more lbs. You go girl.

Amiga, who is Lisa again? You have such a huge family I forget whose who. 22 for dinner

In case I don't get back here tomorrow, HAVE A HAPPY EASTER!!!

Love you guys,
Es
Old 03-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #40  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
Great job on the loss!!

Happy Easter!

to all my friends.

~Jen
Old 03-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #41  
olktrees

Thumbs up

Good Morning All I am new here to this site. I am from the Chicago area need to lose about 70lbs have loss 7 so far. I am doing the SB diet and working out at Curves 3x's a week. I am married with 2 kids 10 & 12. Theresa

Old 03-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #42  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRI! Hope you had a great one.

Happy Easter everyone.

Sandy: Congrats on your loss - great job You'll reach that 10 % soon. to Greg - hope he enjoys that special cake you made him.

Welcome Theresa: I'm Dianne, I have about 10 lbs. left to lose and am on ww. Good luck to you - I think you'll like it here - great bunch of women - the best actually

Its been a long day - church this morning and then everyone back to my house. The food was good, but I did overeat for sure. You know my motto, "life gets in the way sometimes" and it certainly did today. But that's okay, I'll be back on track tomorrow and I'm comitting to exercise a lot this week. I'm .4 from my 10% and I hope to be able to reach that this coming weekend. I didn't go to ww as planned, the first week I've missed since Jan. 2, but it would have just been too much pressure, time-wise, because we went to Philly yesterday. That was fun - it was good to see my son, Monica and the kids.

Es - Lisa is my step-daughter, Willie's daughter, "the Jessa's" mom. I love her like a daughter and we're close. She's a really good person and a great mom. I've know Willie's children since they were 7, 9 and 11 and now they're all grown up with children of their own. And although their children are not my biologicial grandchildren, you'd never know it - I love them as my own. Same with my grandchildren and willie. We don't talk about "your" grandchildren and "my" grandchildren. They are ours. I'm very lucky.

Did you have a quiet Easter? Did David come over?

Jen - Hope you had a great Easter - did you have Jen and her family over? And Joey and Iliana?

Well, let me get ready for work - I should have taken tomorrow off - I'm beat!

Talk to you's tomorrow.

Hi ZoeGirl, Ruthie and Janie.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/0/25.6/15.6/

Last edited by dpadro; 03-28-2005 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #43  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!! Wow, I just kept away thinking the site wasn't available until today and then look, all the posts from yesterday. Well, I missed you's guys. Since most of my writing is over the weekends, I was lost. Hope that everyone had a Happy Easter.

I know what Dianne means about life sometimes getting in the way. With Christian's birthday last week, we went out to dinner with him and his girlfriend Cathy on Saturday. The good thing was that Saturday is my WI.....oh, by the way, I lost 1.5!! Anyway, he wanted to go to a place called Texas de Brazil......a wonderful upscale restaurant that has a salad bar and all you can eat meat. You just sit at your table and waiters come around with skewers of meats, all different kinds....filet mignon, flank steak, sirloin steak, parm chicken, sausage, leg of lamb, lamb chops.....etc, etc., etc......so you see, it was a rough night. I did bad but not too overly bad. Of course with Easter the day after, I was a slight bit out of control but I'm back on track today. I will miss my WI next Saturday because that's the Race for the Cure day here. I'm hoping to do extremely well by the time I get back to weigh in 2 weeks.

Dianne ~ Hey there kiddo.....WTG on being so close to your 10%. I have about 3.2 lbs to go for that and I'm hoping to get it when I go in 2 weeks. Keep up the great job!!

Teresa ~ Welcome to our wonderful "home". You'll really love it here, I know I do. Even when we (I use that word loosly cuz it's generally me) stay away for some periods of time, we always find ourselves back here as quickly as possible. This is like a little family and these girls have been a strong shoulder for me and I know they will for you too. Congrats on the 7 lbs loss. Good job!! to you too. Just take it one day at a time........

Hi Sandy, Es, Jen and Terri Hope y'all have a great Monday.
Talk to you's later.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #44  

We had a great time Friday in Nashville.

HAPPY EASTER MONDAY EVERYONE! I missed posting yesterday.
We had a great day yesterday. We got up and the kids looked for their Easter Baskets and then I got my gifts. The kids got me a CD each and a personal Easter Basket for me. Lots of cool stuff in it. Bruce bought me a beautiful summer purse and it matched the dress I wore to Mass. He also bought me a good pair of Birgenstocks (spell?), an outfit that consists of silk capris, silk tank and over blouse and silk blazer in such a pretty pale green and cream and the second book of the Red Hat Ladies Club and then we got all dressed up in suits and dresses (FELT SO GOOD) and went to church and then we went to the Macaroni Grill for lunch. I love it there. It was my choice since it was my birthday. Bruce bought a cheesecake that was smothered in chocolate and peanuts for my birthday cake. He did ask if I wanted a cake and I said GO FOR IT!
We watched Suzannes Diary for Nicholas last night and cried. Brittany bought me the book 2 years ago by James Patterson and it was so sad.

Dianne,
CONGRATS on the loss. You are doing so great. I love the Life gets in the way sometimes. So true. Today is a new day and we deserve life to get in the way sometimes. 22 people? WOW!!! Glad you had a great time.

Zoe,
Congrats on your loss too. That is awesome.

Sandy,
You too!!! Great loss.
I am so glad the black pants fit. What an accomplishment. :WTG:

Es,
That is so sweet. I will do that for my dad's grave this summer. My mom goes and fixes everything up on Memorial Day weekend. We put my dad on my mom's other side so she could be next to her mom when it is her time.
She has always wanted that. She wants to be in between her hubby and her mom.
Britts loves her brothers and teases them to no end.

Hi Jen. HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well gotta go pick up Brandon.
TTYL,
Terri
Old 03-28-2005, 08:01 PM   #45  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Happy (belated) Birthday!!!! I'm glad you had such a good day. Dressing up always makes everyone feel more special. I'm sorry I am a day late.

Zoe,
Good job on the loss!

Dianne,
Hope you're relaxing. We had Jess, Michael and the boys over, and I'm exhausted Joey and Iliana spent the day with her mom; they were here on Saturday for dinner and a long visit, so that was ok

later,
~Jen
Closed Thread