Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 06:56 AM   #61  
Closed

I just stopped by here to 'see' and I was very impressed with everyone's posts. So supportive of each other. I especially LOVE the above post...."How To Cope......
I am going to print this after posting......Very powerful.....thanks!!
Tell me, if you don't mind, do most of you follow WW Flex?? I am a lifetimer having lost 55 lbs but somehow 20 of those buggers found me again....you know what they say "you can run but you can't hide"
I just came off of Etools after looking at my weight graph, and saw how slowly I went down hill, and not in the Good Way!! NOT GOOD!!!! According to my scale I am up 2 lbs this week, w/i today and I am expecting the same thing. I have the New WW scale which has been right on with the meeting scale. I have messed around so much between Pts and Core that I have totally messed up the past several months....I think however it has to be Pts for me....Core I find I am 'out of control' and I NEED control. I don't trust ME with the "satisfied/full??" theory. I have obviously proven I can't do that.
Well if you all don't mind I'd like to come back again...and perhaps see some words of encourgement for me too!!! Thanks
Hope everyone is doing well.....till later.........Lj
Old 04-02-2005, 07:06 AM   #62  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning y'all ~

I feel like I"ve been gone so long.....there are so many posts for me to catch up on. It's been a rough end of the week here. My Dad and step mother are coming to Texas for a visit (from FL) and I have so much to do to get ready. You know how it is.....last minute 'stuff'. Then, last night there was a surprise 50th birthday party at a Mexican restuarant here. Not good for my program but I went and was ok.

I am not going to WI today. Today is the Fort Worth area RACE FOR THE CURE and I do that every year so I won't be weighing in but I sure WILL be getting some exercise/walking in.

LeeAnn ~ welcome! I know first hand what it's like to just disappear. Ask any of these wonderful friends of mine. :blush: I've been in this group for about 5 years now and tend to take MONTHS off. Crazy but we do it. The good thing is that all here are wonderful and always welcome you back. Again, welcome!

Es ~ You're so right. Even though I do tend to take months away from here, this website has been so wonderful for me too. And yes, I'll stick with you's.

Dianne ~ Keep up the good work! You're doing so great now, that goal will be here before you know it.

Jen ~ I've been thinking about you for days. I hope you're doing okay and feeling the love that we have for you. Come talk to us. Keep your head up and you'll be ok. I pray that your pain has subsided some and that you are doing better. Small steps gets you there. We are all here for you.

L.J. ~ welcome in. I know first hand about having those buggers sneak back into your life!! I had lost 43.8 lbs, only was 2 or 3 lbs from goal and then, WHAM! something just came over me and I woke up one day having 'found' that 43.8 lbs plus another .4 ! It was like I went to sleep and woke up with them all back with me. Anyway, I'm back on track now and have lost 16.8, on my way to that goal again. I am doing FLEX because I just don't know what SATISFIED means on the CORE plan. I keep saying that I'm going to try it again but I'm too chicken. Anyway, welcome in. These girls are wonderful.

Hi Terri, Sandy, everyone.....sorry but now that I have been sitting here for so long, I gotta run.....hehehe....literally I guess. My ride is here and we're off.

Talk to you's guys later.

to you all.

Last edited by Zoe; 04-03-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:17 AM   #63  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Exclamation

Good Morning

WOW it's pouring outside! Not good. I live on the first floor & the rain looks like it's going to come into my living room.

Welcome LJ. I knew an LJ from Long Island. I know how easy it is to gain & how fast we gain. Gosh, I thought when I turned 50 I was going to look hot. I never wanted to turn 50 & be miserable. What happened? Stress & depression but I knew if I gave up I would feel worst. Keep coming back & we'll help you thru this.

Zoe, I hope you have a nice time with your Dad & Step-mom. I'm sure you have enough room.

Terri, How To Cope...instead of it being about Julie it sounds like Essie's life. Thanks for posting. I'm going to forward it to a few women I know that are struggling. For some reason I feel like Brittany could be like my niece. I think the special bond you share is what I would have had if I had a daughter. Like I always say, I'm her numero uno fan.

Well, let me browse around a bit. Pete said I spend too much time on the computer(bang zoom) WHICH I DON'T! He's sleeping so I can stay on longer than usual without feeling that he's thinking "there she goes again".

Jen, please stop in & let us know how you're doing.

Love you all,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-02-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:44 AM   #64  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good morning (well, not really but.......)

It certainly is pouring here - yuk. I'm waiting for willie to get back so I can go to my ww meeting. I did exercise at 7:30 this morning - trying to do damage control

Tonight I'm going to a church concert - Es, you probably heard of the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir?? Well, the church here in Staten Island is hosting a woman's concert and Lisa invited me to go. I'm looking forward to it. She and I and a childhood friend of hers are gonna meet for a light dinner and then go to the church. I know the Brooklyn Tabernacle choir is amazing - I heard them some years ago. It should be great and a nice girls only night out.

I will be back later tonight - have a great saturday everyone.

Jen - I hope your pain has subsided somewhat.

Hi to everyone and welcome LJ!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-02-2005, 05:26 PM   #65  

Es,
You are so sweet! I'll bet you can't do any wrong in Pete's eyes.
I wouldn't know what to do without my little girl. She is precious to me as are my baby boys but there is a special bond that I have with her.

Dianne,
ENJOY! That sounds so cool. Guess what I am listening to at this moment?
A Girl's Night Out by the Judds.

Zoe,
Get those feet rubbed tonight girl. I hope the weather was nice for you.

L.J.
Welcome! The more the meerier. That is great that you stopped yourself at 20. We have all been there. Good luck.
I agree about CORE. I am always scared that I will eat too much. I did well when I did it but I was anxious while doing it. I do enjoy FLEX more.

I hope everyone has a nice Sat. and Sun.
I was so sad to hear about Pope John Paul II. Mass will be sad tomorrow.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 04-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #66  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Dianne, I absolutely love the BT choir!!! I have all their cd's. I've been there a couple of times. My cousins fellowship there. If it wasn't so far I would go there all the time.

Hi all

Till tomorrow.
Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 04-03-2005 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #67  
Closed

Good Sunday afternoon all....thanks for the welcome...I think I may have just found a new 'home' if you all don't mind.
I had an ok Saturday (needed some WPA's) but that's ok, and so far a very good Sunday....I feel good. There is no way these 20 buggers are hanging around for long...I am enough that I ALLOWED them even back in, they are gonners.......only they don't know it yet Starting with even one of them at a time.
Terri, I felt so good NOT doing core the past few days, at least when I ate and I had measured and counted, I KNEW that when I was finished, that was that!! No waiting to see...gee am I 'still' hungry...I can't do that anymore. I don't know who here is doing core but I for some it does work and very well.
Guess I'm a points kind of person!! My new thing is "I'll stick with the basics"
and one of the mantra's you always here. "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" Amen to that one!! How true is that!! I have walked around all day yesterday and today so far saying that.
Es, thanks so much for the words of encouragement, I will keep coming back!! Stress has certainly taken it's toll on me...that is what these 20 lbs are all about..I am a Stress eater......no more, I can't allow this, not after I went through all I did to get rid of 55 lbs....so I am here refouced!!
ZoeIt's amazing how fast it comes back, isnt' it....just all of a sudden, boom, thier baaaccckkkkk!!! What in the heck?????????? is what I thought!!
16.8 on your way to goal again is AWESOME!! very inspirational I am so with you on that SATISFIED thing with Core. So yes it is Points for me too!! I have given Core more than one try and I know in my heart of hearts I just CAN'T do it. Thank God I realized it now before 20 unwanted guests become doubled....No room at this Inn for that!!
I have a goal to rid of these unwanted guest by Memorial Day Weekend....is it doable.....God I hope so....I'll settle for 1/2 but I know me I won't be happy
HOW TO COPE is what caught my eye here...I think maybe it was Terri who posted it ...if I am wrong I'm sorry. The screen name is points....anyway...I absoulutely LOVE IT....I don't know if the Julie mentioned in it is a real person, forgive my ignorance if she is, but I'll tell I sooooo relate to that. I have copied and sent it to my email and will print it and read and re-read it.
Awesome!

Even though I am new here.......... Diane I hope you enjoy the concert, Jen I hope you are feeling better, Leeann I'd like to welcome you back....I have been where you are many times....so best of luck on your new journey....hope I can be of some help. I believe I will get the support I need here and I will be back to let you all know how I am doing as well.

On a more sad note.....yes very sad about the Pope, God Bless him. I think I watched it for hours yesterday.

Have a good rest of your Sunday, and I know I will be back tomorrow.....I sure hope my Sunday is a successful one.....so far, so good ...Lj
Old 04-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #68  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello & Happy Sunday Y'all

Just taking a break from my garden and yard work. What a Job!! After the 5K RACE FOR THE CURE yesterday, then coming home and doing some planting, my legs are hurting. Today, I cleaned out a flower bed that I sort of let go this winter so it was a HUGE job. I will never let it go like that again! UGH! We brough some more plants and now, after I'm done here and finished eating lunch, I'll be back to planting.

I have to work tomorrow even though I'm usually off on Monday's. With my Dad and step mom coming Friday, I switched my day of till then. Still will have an extra long weekend.

Es ~ did it stop raining yet? I know what you mean about that hard rain and feeling like it's going to come in the house. Hope the sun finally came out.

Dianne ~ Also praying the sun is out for you too. How was your night? I love the BT choir too! What wonderful voices.

Terri ~ Feet rubbed? ha!! nope.......I have to say, Greg will do that for me on any night but after going to Home Depot again last night, coming home and having a glass of wine, I was ready for bed. But I think my feet will appreciate that tonight so I'll be sure to shove them into his lap.

L.J. ~ So glad that you found a 'home' here. You will find everyone here so warm and caring. I tried CORE only once. I'm afraid to try it again since I gained instead of lost. I missed my WI yesterday due to the race but hopefully, next Saturday I will have lost at least 2.2 for my 10%.

Jen ~ Hope you're well. Please come in and let us hear from you.

Well, gotta run.....have a great sunday Afternoon
Old 04-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #69  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Well, the weekend is over. It goes by too fast.

Zoe, I love gardening. I live in a apartment complex but still can do some gardening. I remember the first time I did it I was so sore the next day! I miss working 4 days a week. I had to go back to 5 days because of financial hardship. Today was a partly cloudy cool day. Better than all the rain we had.

LJ it sounds like you are motivated. I like the flex plan much better. I know most WW's alternate. I had sort of a stressful weekend & I wanted to go off program so bad but I didn't. One day at a time is what I keep saying to myself.

I'll be back tomorrow evening.

Hugs,
Es
Old 04-04-2005, 08:14 AM   #70  

Hi Gals,

Welcome L.J.
You sound very charged up to get going this spring. If I do say so myself, this is a great place to make friends and find lots of support and inspiration.

At this point, I hate to say I am having a "life gets in the way kind of spell." I have had a cold since last Monday, which has gone into my throat and chest. I have totally lost my voice and I am having trouble sleeping because of coughing.
In the meantime, we went into Boston twice to see the performances Greg was in for the state Drama Guild finals. They did really well, a good performance, but did not go on to the New England Regionals, which we were actually relieved about. Their high school musical is this week, and there is a lot of overlap in the casts. I think there is some panic at the high school about the musical getting short shrift this year. We are still finishing up the sets and costumes over the next couple of days. My projects are down to sewing trim on one hat and hemming one pair of pants today. Thank goodness.
The other big thing that is going on is that my mother is finally moving this month. She is quite disabled because of her car accident and is mostly in a wheelchair or using a walker. Her new home is really lovely, a handicapped accessible apartment in a retirement community. My aunt and uncle are also moving there later this spring. My mom is selling her home that she has lived in since 1963. We are all trying to help pack and organize and get rid of so much stuff. She is moving just 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Lots of stuff on our minds here, most of it is good. Just a little too much at once.

Love to you all,
I will try to get back and check in individually later on.
Sandy
Old 04-04-2005, 08:54 AM   #71  

Hi everyone:

Just popping in for a second, will be back later.

Jen - good luck with your physical therapy today - Hang in there my friend!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 04-04-2005, 12:28 PM   #72  
Back on Track

Smile

Good morning ladies! I won't be posting on the weekends because I use a dialup service at home and it is soooooooo slow. So, I didn't leave, I just got frustrated waiting for the messages to appear on my screen. Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome. You all are still as gracious and warm as I remember from a year ago. That’s why I came back to this thread specifically. Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of it.

Saturday I rejoined WW. I weighed only slightly more on their scale than I did at home. Of course, at home I'm not fully clothed with shoes on either. The meeting was inspirational, eye-opening, and motivating. I think I may have found a leader that I can connect to. Sunday wasn't so bad either, until later in the evening when I wanted to chew my fingers off. It wasn't hunger, just a bad habit of needing something in my mouth. Maybe I'll try ice chips. I didn't have much in the house in the way of veggies either. When I went to the store, they didn't have much. It must have been right before delivery day or something. I'll go to the store again tonight because I have to get carrots for my rabbits anyway. All I could get them was leaf lettuce and curley parsley. I might even get a head of cauliflower for myself, cut it up, and just use that to munch on. I just have to remember that mindless eating is bad, and when I concentrate on what I'm having I'm better off.

Sandy -- I love the mantra persistence, not perfection. That can apply to so many areas. Mind if I borrow it? I am sorry to hear of your cold. Make sure you take care of yourself, especially since all these viruses are going around. As we get older (ok, don’t throw anything at me for that one), we need to realize that we’re just not as young as we used to be and can’t always bounce back like we used to. Get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids. It sounds like you are really busy this week, but remember to take care of yourself. Sorry to hear that Greg didn’t make it to regionals, but there is always next year.

Es -- Congrats on going back to WW! It is inspiring to hear all the successes. I heard about so many wonderful recipes. I've never really been the D word (domestic). I always say the closest I come is non-foreign. But I've come to the conclusion that I really need to start cooking for myself again so I can control what goes into my food. I made a Pasta and Bean Soup from the recipe that I got on this board. I was in absolute heaven. Only 4 points for what I think is a big bowl. If anyone is interested, any time I get a recipe to try from my meeting, I can post it here. I can't wait to try those two recipes that were recently posted.

Terri -- Those are some really great tips you gave. I'm sure I'll be using several of them since they really struck a chord. Funny how what should be the easiest things to think of I need to be told by someone else. It definitely is a state of mind for me. Just tell me I can't have something and all of a sudden I have monster cravings. Waiting til Saturday sounds like a reasonable solution to me. I will be going to the 6:30 a.m. weigh in on Saturday (I figure that early in the morning the pounds won't know I'm awake yet and maybe will wait until after WI to attach themselves). That could be my treat for attending the meetings. Your post on comfort foods really hit home. I copied it into a word document and will send it on to my sister. She is a comfort-food eater like I am. She is also thinking of joining the WW meetings. I wish she lived closer so we could go together. She is in TX and I’m in WI. Just a slight difference in meeting locations.

Dianne -- I know you weren’t ignoring me. Sometimes it’s easy to miss a person without ever meaning to. You and Terri are absolutely right. Realizing that this is a way of life instead of a task that needs to be performed and then forgotten about is very true. The problem, I think, is that even if it has taken years to become our heaviest weight, we all want to just blink our eyes and we’re back to the weight we should be and it’s frustrating when it doesn’t happen that way.

LJ -- Welcome. At the moment, I’m a flex user. I have no idea what “satisfied” feels like, so until I can get a grip on that small detail, it’s points counting for me. Eventually I’d like to try the core plan. As for you not being able to do core, maybe you just can’t do it right now but in the future you’ll be successful.

Jen -- I hope things are looking a little better each day for you.

Zoe -- Good going on the Mexican restaurant food. It is great food, but it isn’t necessarily WW friendly. Too many wonderful tasting choices. on your Race for the Cure! That is terrific. Uh, when you’re done with your flower beds, if you want practice on some WI flower beds, you can come up here and do mine! No? Well, it was just a thought. The exercise from gardening may hurt now, but not only will you have beautiful flowers to look at, you’ll also have benefited from the points you gardened away!

Well, I need to get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #73  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
There is no way I can thank all of you for your caring and motivational posts. Each and every time I've read them, and believe me, it's been many times, I've cried. You all mean so much to me, and I truly value your friendship and input.
It's difficult to address all of your posts...just know that I have come to love all of you, and am honored to have you as friends. You know what you wrote, and each of you went out of your way to personalize it for me and for that I am truly grateful. I think of you every day, and always look forward to coming home, and checking the board for new messages.

Had my first physical therapy appt. after work today. The therapist assessed me, did range of motion measurements, etc., and then I had to do some stretching exercises. I told him not to look at my fat. Then it was out there and I felt a bit better. I don't care if he thinks I'm crazy.
I'm determined to make the most out of each session and will faithfully follow the at-home program in order to strengthen my quad muscles. Can you believe I didn't even know where they were?

So, life goes on, as it should. In the whole scheme of things, a little arthritis is nothing compared to what some people endure.

Thank you and love to Terri, Es, Dianne, Zoe, and Sandy.
Welcome back to Leann, I do remember you, and you're doing great, and welcome to LJ.

~Jen
Old 04-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #74  
Back on Track

Wink

Good morning! I took the rest of the week off to get my projects done for school (I got my bachelors in December, and now I am working on my masters). In the short time I’ve been back, this board has become an addiction, but a good one! I just couldn’t let the rest of this week go by without reading and posting, even if it does take my computer forever to show all the messages.

Jen -- I’m very happy to see your post. I’m sure the PT doesn’t think you’re crazy at all. Ok, quads. Hmmm. I know it’s in the leg somewhere. Gotta be upper leg, since you’re strengthening it for your knee. I’m guessing front? Am I right? I may need to know this some day. I knew I should have paid better attention in gym class. You've got a great attitude on the PT! Good going and remember, we're just a message board away any time you need us. I’m so glad things are looking better for you.

Hi to Terri, Dianne, Es, Sandy (hope your cold is better), Zoe & LJ. Gotta run and get some work done! I’ll check back later.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #75  

Jen - I still don't know where they are (quad muscles), lol. Is that the butt, thighs??? Anyway, its good to hear from you, not that you were gone long, but I'm so used to seeing your posts every day and I missed you. So glad you have an at home program to follow and I hope your pain lessens with each passing day. Are you able to work? It must be difficult to be on your feet. Hopefully, this is a bump in the road that you will overcome with time and patience. Of course, we are always here for you - We're buddies.

ZoeGirl - Congrats on your Race for the Cure That's wonderful. So rewarding. I did my first AidsWalk last year (as some of you remember and generously contributed to) and it felt so great to be doing something for such an important cause. Plus the walking did me good, for sure. Unfortunately, (well fortunately too) I will not be able to participate in this year's AidsWalk because it falls on Alana's graduation weekend - CAN'T MISS THAT FOR SURE!!! But I'm going to find out if I can still collect donations and how that will work. Next year I'll be back out there.

Es, amiga - how is your first week going after re-joining ww? Hope your basement didn't flood! This rain has been too much and I think we're in for more this Friday - yuk! The concert at church the other night was great. Lisa, Carol and I met for dinner and then went to the concert. The woman from BT was fantastic - it was really fun.

Sandy - Wow, seems like your plate is really full right now. I can't imagine moving after more than 40 years in one place - 10 was bad enough. We accumulate so much "stuff" in this life, I do anyway, such a pack rat I am. Your mom must be somewhat sad but it sounds like she's going to a really nice place. Great that your aunt will be moving there too. Hope your cold gets better. Take care of yourself.

Terri - loved your "how to cope" article. Sooooooo true.

Leeann - Congrats on rejoining ww and I'm glad you like your leader. That's so important. Having "supplies" in the house is a must for me. I have a sweet tooth so I have ww ice cream sundaes, nabisco 100 cal. pack chocolate chips, etc.

LT - too funny about the "20 unwanted guests at the inn" Yeah, I'm afraid to even try core - maybe I will after I reach goal just to check it out, but it honestly scares me

Well, I guess its time to come clean about saturday's wi - it was not pretty I had missed the week before (Philly/Easter) and so it was 2 weeks worth of not doing such a great job with food and exercise. Sooooooo, I gained 3 lbs. I almost fell off the scale when the receptionist told me that But I'm gonna take some of my own advice and remember that this is not a race, this is the rest of my life, life gets in the way, etc., etc., etc. And, as Sandy says, persistence not perfection! I will get those 3 lbs back off, I will reach my 10% goal and I will reach goal - that's my story and I'm sticking to it. So, though I was a bit disappointed, I rallied quickly and I know I'm back on track and feeling fine.

Okay, ladies, I have to get back to work. I hope you all have a great Tuesday (even you Es, ) For you newbies/returnees, Es does not like Tuesdays

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra...b/0/25.6/12.6/

Last edited by dpadro; 04-05-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Closed Thread