View Poll Results: What do you wear on the beach?
Swimming costume 4 22.22%
Bikini 3 16.67%
Tankini (2-piece costume but with a tank top ) 5 27.78%
Nothing (oo-er missus!) 0 0%
I keep covered up as much as possible 1 5.56%
Other (details) 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 11:50 AM   #16  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Happy B-Day to Jen!

How are you holding up? It makes me feel weird sometimes to think of being so close to 30. (Although I'm still 5 months away from 29! But it's coming.) I don't feel like I'm in my late 20s, though. It still doesn't seem like high school was that long ago!

Ugh ... bathing suits. I'll wear one on the beach, but I'm with you, Lisa, I wear shorts over the suit until the last minute. Last spring, when I was at my heaviest, I was forced to go buy a new suit for my trip to Jamaica. I ended up getting a boring, basic, navy one, that still made me look like a sausage. I loved my trip, but I cringe at the photos every time I look at them. One day, I want to wear a bikini or at least a tankini! One day ... very far away ... sigh.

Hey, I found a lotion that actually seems to make stretch marks fade a little. I've been using it for a few months, and I can see the difference. (I'm sure losing 20 pounds helped, too.) I can't remember the name of it, but I'll look tonight and let you all know.

I did that Pilates class again last night, and I think I overdid one of the stretches because my lower back keeps spasming. This is not good. And my neck is sore. I did something wrong. Last week I felt all relaxed! Before the class, though, I squeezed in 10 minutes of walking/running on the treadmill. Then after the class, I did some of the leg machines. I HAVE to lose tomorrow. I just HAVE to. I think I'm going to eat salad all day. Yesterday for lunch, I had Indian food. Yummy, but so heavy!

Lolly: Sounds like a bunch of us went to weddings this weekend! A former colleague of mine got married, and it was lovely. The best idea I pulled from it was this: She put together little bios of everyone at the wedding, so everyone would know who each other was. Then she rolled them in little scrolls to hand out at the reception. Granted, the wedding was fairly small ... only 50 or so people. I think it would be harder to do with a larger number of guests. The only think about the wedding I didn't like was that she didn't have any music at the reception and no dancing! And there was a very expensive cash bar. At least it made me drink less, which was probably good. I think they kept the reception low key and spent more on the honeymoon ... they're spending almost two weeks in Italy and Greece.

And by the way, I DID get the bouquet. Didn't catch it, though. Cindy just handed it to me. I was one of only three single women at the wedding, and she knows how much I want my b/f to propose!

OK, I am making myself do much work on my big story today. I've been procrastinating for weeks, but it's due Thursday. Argh! I will be VERY glad to be done with it, though. I'm bored with it.

Ta, ta ...
Old 05-15-2001, 11:53 AM   #17  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default P/S

Anyone who has photos and hasn't posted them to the photo thread, please do so!

Old 05-15-2001, 12:00 PM   #18  
Running Babe

Ko: I have slim hips, but I am sure thse boyish bathing shorts would make my thighs look huge. I am sticking with a tankini, many guys find them really sexy.

Kim: I want to try Pilates, they look like a challenge. I heard Power Yoga is very similar.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!

Stacey: A lot of people who have permenantly taken off their weight have done it in stages so that's good

Emily: welcome back!

Tonya: I am sorry that you're feeling sick.

Belle: Have fun painting! My best friend's boyfriend's parents own a pottery store, so I go every now and then.

Lolly, Kirsty: Howdy!

Sarah: Ah, finding a bargin, my thrill in life

Must Go so take care!

Ali
Old 05-15-2001, 12:05 PM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK... why I dread my birthday... I rarely have a good one. Something always happens for that makes it stressful or sad. Hubby and I fought a bit last night about this and he said I need to look at the positive. So I did... THEN BLAMMOOOO... it happened again this year and it made me cry. The quick of it is... I work for my family business, although only 5 of us are family... the rest (8 others) are non family. SOOO... my mom is president and has been battling illnesses (cancer etc) since I was in HS. She has been sick a lot lately because of stress here and we all got nailed for it today. ON MY B-DAY... not tomorrow, not yesterday... but TODAY! AND NO ONE EVEN GAVE ME A CARD!!!! I am in charge of the birthday club where I get a card and have everyone sign it and get some treats. Do you think I would get anything NOPE.... I didn't even get a happy b-day from the staff... just one person. My own father didn't say anything until I made the comment that no one even said anything. AND EVERYONE KNEW... because they were picking on me yesterday about it. I am soooo sad!

Thank God hubby bought me a gift cert. from a massage place for a massage and facial!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I am still very upset and sad that no one could take the time to wish me a happy bday!!

Jen
Old 05-15-2001, 12:12 PM   #20  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

OOOOOH JENNNNN!
HUGEHUGS for you girlie
it is your day so you know one Screw any1 who forgot you just enjoy your day and forget the rest!
We love ya
Old 05-15-2001, 12:40 PM   #21  
Scotland's finest export

Default you never know

maybe they've organised a surprise party or something? and if they have, i've gone and spoiled it now! try not to get annoyed. i'm with you on the "always getting everyone else's cards and organising things". people can be so useless, and if the person that normally does things doesn't do it, then no one else seems able to take over! at my office we had a member of staff who used to always tidy up the kitchen area and wash mugs and put things away. she retired last year and boy is the place a mess now! i'd hate to see their kitchens at home...

if you want we can all try typing HAPPY BIRTHDAY at the same time (bit like a chorus?).

kirsty

ps my birthday is in july so i was always on holiday from school. i'd buy people presents all year round and then when it was my turn, i'd get none back! but i remember these things, oh yes!! they never got one back the next year!!
Old 05-15-2001, 12:43 PM   #22  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Hello!!

HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRHTDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! (no I didn’t forget, just hadn’t had a chance to read and post yet!)

I wear an almost normal swimsuit now. Up until last summer, I bought Slimsuits that take an inch off of you. The ones that are thick and fit tight. But last summer I found a sexy black one that is very flattering on me. It’s still got a little more ‘support’ than a normal suit but isn’t nearly as uncomfortable. It was perfect for our cruise!

Good morning all! I did very well yesterday until I came home to watch the end of the Av’s game with hubby. I had a battle with a bag of chips and lost (at least they were Wow chips or I would have been in really big trouble). I ate 6 points worth and that’s how much I was over for the day. I have WI tonight so hopefully that one little slip up won’t show! I’m actually wearing this adorable little dress I got when the Stage Downtown closed. It was only $15 and is a size 13! It’s a little more form fitting than I like but still looks OK. I swear I was tons skinnier when I put it on this morning. When I bought it I could get it zipped up but was pretty tight and now I can get away with wearing it. My boss even said it looks good and she’s very picky. It’s a big deal for me to fit into a 13 dress! I have such broad shoulders and large chest that I have to wear a much larger size on top that in jeans/pants. I’m just excited to be in it finally!

Lisa: I’m with you on the thigh problem but can’t make any suggestions on the cellulite. I think of you every time they mention Drury! Power in numbers, tell you buds you are all here in spirit! I did listen to the first two periods on my radio while watching the baseball game. Very enjoyable game. Can’t wait until tomorrow!

Jen: I know how horrible it is to have everyone forget your birthday. That happened to me about 4 years in a row in HS. I felt like the most unloved person in the world. I decided then that screw them, I would always plan my own birthday. Most people don’t pay attention. It makes it hurt more b/c I’m the type that goes out of my way to make people feel good and to celebrate their special occasions. Most people just aren’t like that and it makes it harder on those of us who are. I will agree with your DH that attitude is everything. I’ve said before that I have gradually changed my attitude the last 6 mos and it’s making the biggest difference in the world. Don’t get me wrong, I still have crappy days and negative spells, but I like myself a lot more! Just know that we love you!!!

I have a few varicose veins as well. My mom and all of my aunts have them. I think part of mine is hereditary. I hate it! I think it looks awful but I’m not going to sacrifice shorts to hide them. I guess it’s one of those things we have to accept about ourselves that we hate but can’t change *sigh*

Sorry I didn’t reply to everyone, I need to get some work done!

"I attribute my success to this -- I never gave or took any excuse." -- Florence Nightingale
Old 05-15-2001, 01:48 PM   #23  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Big Hug to JEN

Honestly, aren't birthdays overrated? You want to feel special and then something always screws it up. One of my most memorable birthdays was when I was working at my last paper, and I had to cover a school bus crash. It was out in the country, and I was using my grandma's car because I had gotten in wreck. Well, I ran out of gas on the way, and hitched a ride to the wreck. When I started walking back to my car after, it started to rain. I got back to the paper very late. What a birthday! But then a photographer friend of mine had made me a cake, which made it not seem so bad. The place I work now, no one pays much attention to each other's birthdays. It's very sad.

But Jen, you have lots of friends here and we're all wishing you a happy birthday! And enjoy that massage and facial ... what a great gift!

I was good for lunch today and had a salad with grilled chicken. That canceled out the chips and salsa con queso appetizer my b/f and I split! (That's what I'm telling myself anyway. But I will write it down.)

It's rainy here today, and I want to go home and just curl up with a book. But I can't. Those darn deadlines and all. I can't believe it's already almost 2 ... I should have more work done by now!
Old 05-15-2001, 02:29 PM   #24  

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING MY FRIENDS!!!! Especially on my birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish we could all share an angel food cake!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 03:05 PM   #25  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Just now had a second to check in.

JEN: Happy Birthday!!! Really, office birthday things can really stink. I have been with this company for 4 years and not once has anyone remembered. Also, last september for my 30th (ah) I TOLD my hubby that I wanted flowers. But he did not get them for me...so I called the florist and bought some for myself! Ha to him! Have a great papering facial etc.

Tonya: hope you feel better soon.

Well, must go. Talk with you all for a long time tomorrow I hope.

Trish
Old 05-15-2001, 03:06 PM   #26  

GUESS WHAT... Hubby had a dozen red roses delivered to me. They are gorgeous!! I guess he knew I needed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am feeling better now. The buzz in the office has mellowed and I had some angel food cake!!
Old 05-15-2001, 03:45 PM   #27  
Never Quit!

Default Meet & Greet

Hello everyone. It has been ages since I last logged onto the message boards. I reached Lifetime (with the help of so many people on the 20-Somethings board - I might add), about a year ago and figured I could do this all myself. Now, 8 lbs over goal, I need some serious motivation. I joined the WW staff and thought that could replace my meetings, but it doesn't. I definetly need to get back to a meeting and focuss on my needs.

I just got engaged to the love of my life & the wedding is planned for October 2001. SOOOOOO much stress! But only 6 months to go and then the honeymoon in Spain!!!

I do recognize some of the names here and LOVE the photos of everyone. That was a great idea.

Well, I have to get back to work, but will be checking in often.

Thanks,

Cuba
Old 05-15-2001, 03:58 PM   #28  

Default HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry that I forgot your birthday earlier. I hope your day has improved immensely. The roses and the spa gift certificate are wondeful gifts. I hope you enjoy them. My birthday this year was very quiet too. I felt as though almost everyone forgot except for DH (dad was out of the country) I was so glad to have him! Have a great day!

I am so glad it is almost time for me to go. The day wasn't quite as slow as I had expected and I didn't get much school work done at all. That's ok, I think I needed the break. I ate a little too much candy at work today. Good thing I brough a low point lunch so I am still only at 10 or 11 points. I think we are going to either Outback Red, Hot & Blue (bbq) for dinner - yummy!!

Welcome back Cuba! Good for you for coming back when you needed the motivation rather than letting it go too far.

Trish - great idea to buy yourself flowers. Sometimes it's just what you need.

Kim - good for you for planning ahead for dinner. Enjoy!

Brenda - Way to go on fitting into a size 13!!!!!!

Ok, must go. Hi to everyone!!! See you all tomorrow!!

Sarah
194.4/161/153
Old 05-15-2001, 03:58 PM   #29  

HI Cuba... and welcome back. Are you the one that played soccer??????

Anyhoo, we are here to help you get back on track! I am also back (as of January) after a brief hiatus of 11 months... except I wasn't to goal yet, I just got PG and gained my weight back!
Old 05-15-2001, 04:14 PM   #30  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all!!!
Jen~ Happy birthday! I am glad to hear that you are feeling better about your birthday, just try to keep your chin up on everything ('specially your mom!)

Just a quick note, well, technically in a manner of speaking I am finding out that I am lactose intolerent. A while back my brother was diagnosed as being autistic. Unfortunatley I possess many of the same traits of autism (as all of my brother and sisters possess anywhere from 3-5 out of 6 of the classic traits) and I've found out by doing research that milk/wheat/sugar has a lot to do with the traits because I can't digest them correctly, it affects the center of the brain where the autisic traits stem from. I know it sounds totally bizzare, but the article that I read made a lot of sense. I have seen vast improvement already in my little "odd" behaviors that I have done well to hide over the years. I also have to do what is called vitamin "therapy" basically I just need to take a multivitamin (which I do) with added b-6 and another supplement called DMG. Even just doing the vitamin therapy has worked wonders cause I really am not living in what is "my world" vs. reality anymore. It's hard to describe what an autistic person goes through. Because I don't possess all of the classic traits I can't be categorized as being fully autistic like my brother. I would probably be categorized as having PDD which is pervasive developmental disorder. I've read that a lot of Dr's
put people into this category who have some but don't possess all of the traits of autism or schizophrenia (and I am def. not that! LOL)

I can't say that this is what they would put me under either since I have not been fully tested yet. This is something that we are looking into as well, I told my DH that I would like to be tested to find out what I "have"
so that there is some sort of closure and I can move forward in life. For now I am content with trying alternatives in diet and taking the vitamins. It's tougher but I've found a store close by that sells lots of dairy/wheat free products. That is mainly what I have to stay away from the refined sugar is'nt so relevant but I've read in several cases that it has helped tremendously.

Lolly: have you ever tried soy cream? Is it any good? I did find a recipe for an all fruit ice cream that I want to try but I am also looking for good alternatives since I saw PB Fudge soy cream that looks really good (mmmmmm)

Well gonna run~I have to work on the back bedroom today to get it ready for my nephew tommorow. I got into
kind of a pinch today with my nephew being sick and nowhere to put him to keep him away from all the other kids in the daycare. My sister was so mad at me for even calling her to pick up her kid............geesh let's get real here!
I'm trying to find an alternative for the problem and I think that means creating a sick room and charging an extra fee to take in a sick child. Ahhh the stress of running a business.

I'll chat with you all soon!

Emily
Closed Thread