Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #1  

Post Daily Thread - Tuesday Feb 25th

Good morning everyone...up early at 5 am...ugh! I must be getting old I am waking up with the rooster...got my 6 hours in so the body thinks it must be time to get up. I think part of the problem is hubby is away and I just am more aware of what is going on around me...not my usual comatose self at night...heard my mom get up to the BR and now I am up for the day. Thought maybe it was dd5 but then I felt her foot in my back...she must have crawled in earlier in the night....my goodness what a lot of rambling!

I work days today in the ER...it is still cold here....must be -20 C or so........maybe that will keep the people at home in their beds.

Had a lazy regrouping day yesterday at home..dont' know why I feel so guilty when I am not running around cooking. cleaning etc.......my mom came over last night as she is babysitting my little one while I work today..getting her off to school etc..and I blamed her for the feeling guilty thing if I am not working like an idiot...she had a laugh and said she still feels that way if she takes a day just to read etc

My massage yesterday was nice...she said my muscles respond very nicely to massage.......I don't know what that meant but it sounded like a good thing.

Today I have swimming lessons with my little one and I am gonna read while she swims and then we are going to go do some shopping....I am off now until Thursday then I work evenings over the weekend.

Hubby should be home tomorrow and we will go sign our life away at the gym.

Hope you all have a great day!

I'll check in later.

Eliz
Old 02-25-2003, 10:11 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

Hi Lizzzzzzzzzzy !!!! Your up w/the birds and me, sucks don't it
I feel guilty if I'm not doing things I should be, everyone says slow down but if I don't do the work who will ? S T R E S S

Nothing new here today, as usual. The boss leaves early today and she's out tomorrow

Friday they said we could get up to 12" of snow....WHY OH WHY ROFL !! I don't like to travel but I"m so sick of this winter I'm ready to go to the Bahamas - seriously lol

I'm having my favorite for breakfast today, a sesame seed bagel w/a smidgen of onion & chive cream cheese, just a smidgen and tomatos on top. I bought these tomatos called Ugly Tomatos, its so funny, they aren't ugly they are just big and they look like they've come out of my garden, almost like a big boy tomato. Delic.

Tonight I will make some toasted english muffins w/tomato and blue cheese crumbled and melted on top mmmmmmmmmm, can't wait...... isn't it sad how I look forward to a meal

Yesterday I was thinking that yes part of my over eating is that I am depressed...etc ... etc.. but a big part also is that I JUST LOVE TO EAT..PERIOD !!! I love it, love it, love it...... Lots of people have a pasion for differnt things, I have a pasion for food....OY !!

Okay I've blabed enuf............

TTYL, Love, Leenie
Old 02-25-2003, 10:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Morning Girls!

Liz - I was also up at 5:00 this morning and did my 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. Yesterday morning I could barely put one foot in front of the other (again) because my youngest son has the flu. He is getting better, just a low grade temp today and hubby is home taking care of him. Poor baby. I hate when my kids are sick - I know we all do.

Liz - I am like you. I have a hard time sleeping peacefully if hubby is not home. It doesn't happen often, sometimes during hunting season when he goes on a overnight camping trip, but still, I understand what you are talking about. It's just not the same. Doesn't feel as safe I guess.

Leenie - I'm with you - I have a passion for food too! And honestly, I think that people that have a passion for food usually have a passion for life in general! Have you ever met people that don't like to eat - sometimes they don't like much of anything else either. ;-) And your post is making me hungry!

It was good to read everybody's posts from yesteday but I did not make it in to post myself. Honestly, yesterday was an awful day. With my youngest son sick and me up and down all night with him I was just not myself and not up to dealing with the things that comes your way sometimes.

I will explain (because I know ya'll will understand) - my oldest son started the job at Walmart last week and did great! Worked over 40 hours and his supervisor was great to him. Gave him long lunches because he was on his feet the whole time, and pulled him aside and told him a couple of times how much he appreciated his work and his smile and his attitude. I thought that was very nice. I'm sure we've all worked jobs where nobody took the time to pat us on the back.

Anyway, he has a chemical imbalance and for the most part is doing really well. But somedays he wakes up and the chemicals are just off and he is very anxious and feels really bad about himself. Yesterday was one of those mornings and I knew he was gonna have a tough day and he did. Ended up kind of panicing and just leaving the job yesterday afternoon without telling anybody or clocking out.

By the time I got home he was really upset with himself for doing that and losing such a great job. He pulled himself together and went back down there at 6:00 and found his supervisor (who must be working night and day) and explained to him what happened and even told him that he has a chemical imbalance and was feeling bad and that he would really like another chance and that he would be back today to work if he would let him and that he didn't have to pay him anything for yesterday because of the way he left like that. The supervisor was very understanding with Cody and told him, he appreciated his honesty (since he didn't realize Cody had left haha) and that was fine, to be at work in the morning, and they would just adjust his time to pay him for the actual hours that he worked yesterday and that he would work him but that he couldn't just leave like that without asking and clocking out.

Soooooooo it was a trying day for all of us. But perhaps a lot of good things will come of it. I was concerned that telling his boss that he has a chemical imbalance might frighten him/concern him or that he might just feel that it was something he didn't have time to deal with or work with, but it seems to be ok. Maybe its best that his supervisor knows. I am really proud of Cody for going back and facing up to what he did! That takes more guts and courage then a lot of 18 year olds I know could muster up.

I honestly feel like it was a miracle that his supervisor was so understanding of the situation!

I hope it is ok that I shared this with yall - apparently I needed to talk about it and I know everyone here is more than understanding and supportive. This is a safe place for me.

Thank you and I'm sorry for rambling.

hugs to my friends,
Cathy
Old 02-25-2003, 12:45 PM   #4  

Cathy that is a great story. Your son has got guts. I don't think him telling his supervisor that whould frighten him. I think it shows that your son is an adult and that he is really a hard worker. They already got to see him in action and I think they will keep him as long as another lucky company doesn't steal him away. That really shows alot of character. That made me proud and he isn't even my son.

Liz I don't sleep when hubby isn't home and that is often. I also feel guilty when I am not clean all of the time. I honestly have no idea where that came from . I was a messy teen. My mom will atest to that.

Leen I feel like you today. THE BOSS IS GONE UNTIL MONDAY.

I don't know what happend to the weather today. I waslked outside and it was cold. It wasn't like this when I went to bed. What the heck happened?
Old 02-25-2003, 12:57 PM   #5  

Thanks Kemp! I really appreciate your positive words and encouraging attitude about this!!!

I don't know what happened with the weather here in Louisiana either, but it is raining cats and dogs over here! Is it raining your way too? if not, get ready, cause its on its way, big time! I'm gonna need my perou to get home! ;-)

cathy
Old 02-25-2003, 01:05 PM   #6  

It was raining this morning right before Joe left. He had to go to Winnfield in North Louisiana and that is where it is supposed to be pouring right now. I will have to check the radar to see when we are about to get it. i am sure it will start right as I am walking out of the door to go to lunch.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:01 PM   #7  

Good morning fellow chicks

I have used the light box already....read my book while using it. It isn't as cold today.....just -9 C instead of -24 C....a few days ago. It isn't snowing today....so I am going to the grocery store when I leave the computer.

I have decided to taper myself off the Effexor XR gradually. These antidepressants have so many side effects. I saw something on the internet....about telling your subconscious.....I will not be depressed.....they said....if you do it often enough....it will work. So I have been doing that the last few days.

Our DS3 got a new puppy a few days ago....he is a Border Collie....8 weeks old....he is black & white.....he looks like he has white socks on his feet & legs......he is so cute!!!!

Liz......you are up so early!!!!!!!!!! Was it a back massage you had? They are so nice. DH gave me a gift certificate for a back massage at Xmas.....haven't used it yet.

Leenie......I like food also.....I have a sister....when she was a kid....the Dr. used to give her this brown tonic.....she didn't like food much......she is still nice & slim now.

Cathy......it is okay to ramble here....I do it at times also. I find that there aren't too many people we can talk to when we are having problems in our lives. It helps coming here.
Maybe it is good that your son's supervisor knows about about his chemical imbalance.

Have a good day everyone.

April
Old 02-25-2003, 03:02 PM   #8  

Okay Dokay! Here I am again! I've been quiet a lot cause me and my family have had a lot of things going on. In this case, good things that require a lot of thought and prayer! I can't share now, but some big changes might be happening and it all has me in a twidder, My mind is racing! When some decisions are made, I'll share with all of you.
Other than that, not much is new. It's cold here and everyone wants spring. The cats, Tippy and Brat are sleeping on their heated little bed. DH is fine and so is the rest of the family. I do spend a lot of time at another site lately. It is a homesteading site but has a lot of different forums. My DD, Zookeeper does too.
It is www.homesteadingtoday.com if you care to visit.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:05 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Cathy, I'm glad you feel comfortable talking to us, you should be proud of your son for doing what he did, most kids or adults wouldn't have gone back, he is a brave soul and should be commended for it. Hey how about taking him for a nice lunch to show him he did good (or something like that). He is a good kid because he has a wonderful mother who cares

Kem to bad your so far away, we could go shopping or take in a movie since our boss' are gone

April I'm glad your tapering yourself off of Effexor, you can not be to careful. Oh i'm so jealous, your son got a new puppy and my favorite, they are just to cute. Can I come over and play with him - the puppy that is, not your son ROFLMFAO !!!!!

Tippy, Anna, Linny, Cin where are you guys ?

TTYL, Love, Leenie
Old 02-25-2003, 04:33 PM   #10  

Hey Tippy - so good to see you posting again! Please keep us posted and let us in on the details when you can.

Thanks Leenie - I appreciate yall understanding. Sometimes this stuff is so hard to deal with and most people wouldn't understand - but I sure am glad that yall do!

Hey April - thanks for understanding and being supportive too. It helps!

I think Cin has ww meetings all day on Tuesday, but maybe she will check in later tonight.

Nowwwwwwwww where is everybody else?

cathy
Old 02-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #11  
CIN

Hello Ladies!
I sat here eating a Granny Smith apple and read all your posts...you all are so sweet to each other and encouraging!~

Some of you may know we had a severe ice strom..........Hubby & I were without electric.which meant heat,light & warm water for 7 days! Wow.what a challenge. We had several offers to stay elsewhere but found it easier with a dog to stay here..really thought it would return in no time! Boy.were we mistaken!

We have a fireplace and kerosenne heater.and managed well if I do say so myself................despite a bandanged up finger that I had to protect & Keep out of water!

It could always have been worse and we are thankful! The sad part is almost every tree was damaged in some way.especially the big old trees.thats what took down the power lines.The entire city has huge piles of wood on the curb and of course many havent cleaned up the mess yet.it's costly and a lot of work.

We are glad to have "weathered " the storm.

It through off the traffic signals and I was late to work today.what normally takes 15 minutes took 65 minutes! Unreal jams! sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I have a much better appreciation for many things!

Great to be back!
Cin
Old 02-25-2003, 09:43 PM   #12  

And its great to have you back Cin!
Welcome back to the land of electricity!

Wow 65 minutes for what normally takes 15! wow!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 02-25-2003, 10:27 PM   #13  

Default Hi all!

It's taken me all day to get this post in but I'm gonna try it again!
Think I like to talk too much!

Cin- Sorry to hear about the ice! We had snow today. Kids were out of school. I'm a Kentucky gal! Been in TN for 4 yrs. I'm from Hopkinsville. My family still lives there! I miss it terribly!

Liz- I do the same thing on my days off. So frustrating but I have to say that it's the only time I get to myself before the crew crawls out of bed! I usually wake up around 5:30 too.

Cathy- My son is 21y/o and has a chemical imbalance as well. Keep being positive with him and supporting him (which I know you do) My son is rather hard headed and has walked out of 2 jobs. He acts first then thinks later! So frustrating for me as well as him! He's a good kid, just stubborn. The couple of times he walked out on jobs, he went back and admitted his mistake, but wasn't as blessed to keep his job. But he's a good worker and works hard. He quit school when we moved, his senior year. He's taken his GED twice and hasn't passed yet. He lacks the self confidence I suppose. Hang in there with him!

Leens- thanks for the kind PM. For those of you who haven't read my bio, I have a broken left ankle and left arm first of January. Just now getting to where I'm feeling somewhat normal. I've been working but it's been tough. I've been hard on myself. Mainly because my husband has had to do everything in the last several months. My mom passed away unexpectedly around Thanksgiving (3 months tomorrow). The holidays were tough. Now with the damaged limbs, it's been even tougher! My DH is a great and wonderful man. Very supportive, but there comes a limit, I suppose!

I just feel I've gotten fatter and fatter. My meds just as well to have been sugar pills! Some good days, some bad! As hard as I've tried not to let it, eating has really been my friend lately!

Well I've rambled on enough! I'm glad to be here!

Janie
Old 02-25-2003, 10:34 PM   #14  

Hi Janie,

I just wanted to say welcome....this is a nice group of ladies here.

April
Old 02-25-2003, 10:44 PM   #15  

Default April

April,
Hang in there with coming off of the Effexor. I was on it for a year and felt worse on it than I did off it! I went to Welbutrin and Celexa and felt like a new woman!! You can do it! thanks for the welcome!

Janie
Closed Thread