Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Moaning Monday

Right back to post.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:05 PM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Well I had an ordeal this weekend. A friend and I went to conversations in willowpark village. We planned to have our tea leaves read since December. We got there early and ate ordered lunch. I told them about my celery allergy. They gave me a sandwich and salad. I ate half the sandwich and we looked down and realized there was celery in it….Well, started getting hives, and lucky it didn't progress past hives. My friend drove me to the hospital and we went right to the labour and delivery unit and they OBGYN was my OB's partner, so she was good to me. They gave me benedryl and let me sit there for 2 hours to make sure it was under control. Babys heartbeat was good 140. And my vitals were good. But it ruined the whole day. And it was very, very scary. They said they do not want to have me take my epi unless absolutely necessary b/c it speeds up the baby's heartbeat so much. So, we want to avoid that at all costs. I guess I should have looked in the sandwich before I ate it, but really you think when you are explicit about a food allergy, that they'd do what they are told. The server told the kitchen and the kitchen ignored it.

I am thinking about calling them to say - you'd probably want to know that I am OK and my baby is OK but you caused me a lot of grief and you better make sure that never happens again. I also think they should pay for a new tea reading b/c we never got to have our tea leaves read. I mean, we didn't pay for lunch, obviously. We walked out and my friend was like "we're going to the hospital" and never looked back at them. But that is not enough. I mean, my baby could have been harmed because of their negligence.

Yesterday I was sleeping a lot and we did go for a nice walk to enjoy the warm weather we're having. Plus I got my hair low-lighted so that the roots aren't so bad. Now I'll leave it til the baby comes. I don't like the smell of highlights (makes my eyes water) so I am not keen on getting them done while preg. But my roots were BAD!! So they did low lights that started about 1.5inches from my scalp and didn't smell. No harm to baby. There are mixed review re: hair dying/perms and pregnancy. Better safe than sorry, I think.

We also had our early preg class before the tea room experience. That was OK. It wasn't anything particularly new for me (I have read a lot and have 2 sisters with babies) but there were a few things I didn't know and they were more lax about things like diet pop (Ok to have occasional aspertame, but saccrine is a no-no, and Splenda is perfectly fine).

How were your weekends? Why are you all so quiet?? come out and play, tell me about your WL adventures, your challenges and successes.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:13 PM   #3  
Eve's Mom

PS - my bro-in-law's brother is dating a girl that works at our Zoo...well, she is touring none other than Brad Pitt through the zoo. She has toured him and Jennifer Anniston before, as well as a few other celebrities such as Stephen Segal and John Cusack. She takes them in the buildings "behind the scenes". How cool is that?? What a great job she's got. Anyway, if you were wondering, she said they were both super nice and normal and that you might not recognize them in that environment - they just look like normal people. You might say "wow that guy totally looks like Brad Pitt" but have it never occur to you that it is. Not enough "resembalence". Perception is a funny thing.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:53 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Honey this is a quickie b/c I'm in a moany mood too our foot and a half of snow made for an eventful weekend and i'm really sore today. I want to get my tea leaves done! I bet the salad for your sandwich was premade. . .god forbid they should make a small batch for you grrr
anywho i ahve to go whip up din din i will post properly tommorrow!
Love
Kier
Old 01-24-2005, 08:40 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Post Snow snow snow!

Jess - I re-read back through Thursday. Don't get so down on yourself. You had the right attitude, tomorrow is always a new day. How did it go getting back OP? Still planning on going to the meeting tomorrow night? And about the guy... my husband is a little thinner than average. I don't think most men like the really skinny girls, they like girls with curves! Something to grab onto Oh, and the two classes I am taking are "Parallel Program Processing" and "Networking and the Internet". Two grad classes for my Masters of Computer Science degree. 4 courses left after I finish these two (It will be 6 total after this semester). This is my first semester as an official grad student, though.

Kier - I got you beat, we got 2 feet of the white stuff here! I didn't even have work today

Belle - ooooooo EVIL cooks at that restaurant! I have allergies too, including food allergies. I would go back there and bring them your bill for the hospital and make them pay it! I HATE it when restaurants do that. It is totally different when you are allergic to something in the food rather than simply not wanting to eat it!

Well, my past 3-4 days have been eventful I suppose. I had a HORRIBLE Thursday and Friday at work because of one of my co-workers. It is a very long story, but I didn't like her for personal reasons before, and Thurs. and Fri. she made me not like her for professional reasons as well. I cannot STAND this girl. I loathe the fact that I know I have to interact with her as much as I do. Argh!

Saturday I was supposed to go visit family and then go into Boston at night to see some bands play, but the blizzard put a stop to all that. I've been shut in (basically) since Saturday afternoon. We got something like 23 inches from the storm. But I LOVE snow....love love love it! Winter wouldn't be the same without it.

I actually ended up working a whole bunch of overtime this weekend. I can work from home, so that is what I did. Got in about 7 hours on Saturday adn 9 yesterday. I wasn't planning on working that much but I had a lot to do and with no interruptions from evil-work-girl, I didn't realize how much time was passing (also I was bored being stuck inside and programming aways gives me some feel of accomplishing something, I like that feeling). Today I didn't have work (state of emergency in RI, the naval base I work on was closed) and I got to work on a lot of schoolwork.

I also know I've lost some weight this week. I've been REALLY good and I can feel it. I sneak-peaked earlier but official WI for me is tomorow morning, so I will post then.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

PS: This is what it is like here right now
:sball: :sman: :sball2:
Old 01-25-2005, 06:56 AM   #6  

That's a great idea--taking the hospital bill to the restaurant manager and making him at least acknowledge fault.
Closed Thread