South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Magnificent Monday

I thought I'd say something nice about the most picked-on day of the week for a change.

Good morning, at least the clock says it's morning, although it's still pitch black outside. We had a pretty good weekend and got a lot done, but I had a distastrous experience with my attempt at drying tomatoes. I ended up throwing the entire batch in the garbage, and I'm about to toss in the dehydrator, too. I must have the cheapest brand on the market, but I shouldn't complain, because it was given to me. I will probably get a good model in the future, but right now I'm so discouraged that I don't even want to think about trying it again.

I'm taking my car in for an oil-change this morning, before meeting the school bus at noon. The girls are really in to riding bikes these days, so we'll most likely spend the afternoon doing that. It's a beautiful day for it.

I'm praying that Ike peters out and is just a tropical storm before it comes up the Gulf coast. You poor girls sure don't need to deal with another storm.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Thanks Cottage...and you have a great day!! Bummer on the 'maters....I hate throwing food away!!!

Keeping a very close eye on Ike..right now it looks like it's mostly heading to Texas, but we will get some winds from it.

We really don't need another hurricane with people still trying to get back in their houses since Katrina. ouch. I can't take one more day without electricity right now.

We are heading back to school today and the kids ought to be hyped up after being cooped up in their houses with no electricity for a week. I still hear generators running in my neighborhood. Feel so sorry for them.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-08-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:33 AM   #3  

Height: 5'11

Good morning all! It's my hubby's 30th birthday today, so that will involve making a cake and eating it too lol. Plus I want to decorate the house and front door. The baby and I need to run to the store and pick up some wrapping paper for his gifts, talk about waiting to the last minute lol I wasn't supposed to get him anything since we are taking a trip to Paris, Rome and London in 39 days to celebrate his and my birthday but I couldn't do that. I picked him up a new iPod. He lost his last June so it's not that great of a gift, more of a replacement.

Cottage - too bad about the tomatoes

Femme - Hoping Ike stays away from you!
Old 09-08-2008, 06:39 AM   #4  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Good morning

Cottage what brand dehydrator do you have?

Cat, praying for you guys... you are just getting hammered this year...

Autumn, Happy Birthday to your DH... we've replaced an ipod or two in this house too. glad to know we are not alone!

me: called in sick today so i can stay home because i am SICK of the mess this house is.

I have to clean up the house, run to the store for some fresh veggies, do a load or two of laundry, get dog meds, pick up enough money to pay the hair dresser (she's coming to the house tonite to cut everyone's hair) and buy pizza for dinner.. (we tip her in dinner pay her in cash)....

so busy day for me.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, I hope you have a good day back at school and all the kids are settled down!

Autumn, Happy Birthday to your DH, and what a nice way to celebrate both of your birthdays! Now don't eat too much cake!

Nessa, It's a Ronco. The worst brand out there, from the reviews I've read about it on Amazon. My mother bought it and didn't like it so she gave it to me. I'm going to get a Nesco American Harvest model for my next one.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:59 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Good morning all!

Cottage, GRRRR to the nasty dehydrater! wait a week then try again? If not, send it my way!

Femme: Glad to know you got electricity back on after a week! So sorry you all are facing yet another storm possibly!

Autumn: Of course you couldn't go without buying him something! CanI sneak in your luggage for your trip?

Nessa: Have fun today!

Me: I'm a little excited about the church I visited yesterday. Went again last night. Was impressed with the message. It gets me out meeting people, but whats more is the much needed fellowship with like minded believers.

Well, today is back to the job search. I sent several resume's out Friday, perhaps I'll get a call from one or two of them.

The package a friends shipped a week ago this past Friday still has not arrived, I hopeit comes today as it's a book I've been wanting to get my hands on! And whats neat is he has it all marked up, so I'll get a glimpse into that brilliant mind of his! .
Old 09-08-2008, 07:04 AM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Cottage, we had a nesco... i got rid of it as i was never using it. I could have given it to you

Lori I am so glad you found a church you like!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Cottage- bummer. You just had me going that I'd like a dehydrator too (which is funny, b/c my dh threw one out or gave it away a couple of years ago...), but with my luck....

Cat - hope Ike avoids you! Good luck with the kids, they might be a bit pumped up!!

Autumn - I think the iPod is a great gift! (of course, that's what I got a year ago...) How's the pregnancy going?

Nessa - oh, so sorry to hear about your illness . Hope you get everything done!

Me - well, I'm actually liking Monday. Friday went great - I trail ran 55 minutes straight (we won't mention falling, that I bruised my hand and both knees), that's gotta be over 5 miles!! WoooOOO!

But then, I woke up Saturday morning...caught the kiddo's stomach bug. Actually went to work, and muddled through it (I am SOOO sorry Matt, I hope you didn't get it!!). I am very grateful, I didn't get it nearly as bad as anyone else in the house (read: no prayin' to the porcelin god), but it sure wiped me out. Today is the first day I feel back to normal!!

And, most of my work appts canceled, so it's a REALLY short day. I'm debating if I should clean, or find some clothes that actually fit me (is that really a debate?!).

Hope everyone's day is great!

Lori - Glad you found a church!

Last edited by TwynnB; 09-08-2008 at 07:07 AM. Reason: simulpost with Lori
Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cottage, bummer about the dehydrator. I should send you a packet of my dried 'maters but I doubt they'd get through Customs.

Cat, I can just imagine how discouraging it must be for you folks after going through Katrina. At least some of the folks HAVE generators. Lots of people around here bought them after the Ice Storm of '98.

Nessa, get better soon! I hope you get lots done and feel better.

AutumnRose, Paris, Rome and London! **Sigh** What a great way to celebrate birthdays!

Loriann, you sound "up" this morning. I'm glad your church check went well. Maybe it'll bring you good luck job-wise this week.

Twynn, sorry you got the "bug" but you seem to have shaken it off. Enjoy your day, whatever it brings.

Well, my day didn't start well. Hershey did eat a bit last night for supper but threw up three times that amount overnight. Not a great start to my day.
Right now she's sleeping while the kitchen floor is drying and I've left a voice mail for the Ottawa vet. I see another long car ride in my immediate future. I'm hoping they call back as soon as they open so I can plan my day. I'm supposed to go to a "visitation" for a friend's mother this afternoon or evening.

In the meantime, I won't mention food dehydrators but will just carry on.

Love the title of this thread. It sure beats Moaning Monday!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #10  
Determined to lose!

Woah all, one day's visit... it takes much longer to know if it will worklong term! I'm just glad to find it and that it's only 20 mins from my house. I had to laugh, they asked where I am, i told them and they said "a bit of a trek" I replied, when you live in bloomfield 20 mins is nothing!!!!!!!!!

Ruth, Please let us know about hershey! I'm concerned for her! poor thing!

Twynn, so sorry about your bug, hopefully now it's gone and everyone in the house can get back on track!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! We woke up to go out back and work out and were startled to find that it was thundering, lightning and pouring down rain! Well, at least DH was able to get the yard done properly.

Cottage: Thanks for the positive Monday thread!! I think I'm going to need quite a bit of positivity this week! Enjoy your afternoon of bike riding with the girls. What a fun way to get your exercise in.

Cat: I hope Ike does fizzle out or head to Texas. I'm sure my Texas-coast-living in-laws wouldn't like to hear me say that, but you're right. You guys need a break! Sending out good thoughts that you'll keep your electricity for a good long while!

AutumnRose: I'm sure DH will appreciate your gift to him in spite of your no-gift agreement. He'll need an iPod on that long flight anyways! What an exciting trip that'll be for you, him and baby! Enjoy his birthday!

Nessa: I do the same thing every once in a while. With all the stuff going on for families on the weekends, it seems like it's hard to keep up. Good luck getting all of your errands taken care of. I'm sure you'll get it all done!

Lori: Congrats on finding a church that you like! DH and I were so grateful when we found our church family. It's truly like finding a real home! I'm still thinking about you and your job search; hope things pan out for you soon.

TwynnB: Why shopping, of course! Wait, what was the other option? I'm glad you're over your bug and I hope the rest of the family is as well. If not, to whoever's still ill!

Ruth: Poor Hershey, I hope the vet is able to diagnose and fix whatever is ailing her. Disney must be worried sick. (I won't even go into how worried I know you are!) Anyhow, to you and your furbabies. Keep us updated, please.

Me: Things are going pretty well for me. I didn't sleep much Saturday night or last night, so I'm hoping that tonight I'll get some quality z's. There is a ladies' bible study that starts at the church tonight and goes for 10 weeks. I'm on the fence about it right now, but I think that may be due to being so tired. I'll have to decide by lunch so I can call to reserve my spot.

Other than that, it should be a fairly busy week at work since I'll be out for training again next week. I'm shooting for 6 days of cardio this week and no sodas, not even diet, so I'm hoping that the scale will break 200 next Sunday before I leave town.

Well, I should shower and get ready for work. I hope everyone to come has a great day!

~Kim
Old 09-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #12  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I echo your prayers about Ike, Cottage. Sorry about the dehydrator experience. I'm afraid of that, so I think I have to save up for a good one...

Yikes, Cat, what a mess. I remember seeing on TV last year that some kids were still panicking when it just rained. Can't imagine how traumatic all this must have been for them. Hope Ike goes bye-bye!

Wow, Autumn, what a busy day! Have fun. I love making b-day goodies, because I can make them SBD-safe so I can eat them! Have you been to Europe before? What a great gift, especially with a baby on the way! I love Paris...it's amazing. But I've never been to Rome. After reading Eat, Pray, Love, Rome's definitely on my list!

Quote:
me: called in sick today so i can stay home because i am SICK of the mess this house is.
That's a good one, Nessa! How did you ever get a hairdresser to make house calls?

Congrats on finding a potential home church, Loriann...that can really make a difference! I love marginalia in books...what fun!

Glad you're feeling better, Twynn! Congrats on the great run, too! Definitely get some new clothes--you don't want to end up like one of us chickies who's had something embarrassing like their underwear falling down in the middle of the room. You know?

So sorry, Ruth, about Hersh's morning--and yours! Lots of cleaning...and not fun smelling. Thank goodness for those wonderful Fall-scented candles, eh? I hope you hear from the vet soon and it's something that can be solved without a long car ride.

Me:
Lazy weekend...I still have a lot of wallpaper scraping to do. *sigh* But I got some work done in the garden and in the house, cleaning-wise, and DH and I had a super-romantic dinner at the new hoity-toity restaurant in town, then played hooky yesterday after church when some friends called us up for an impromptu sail across the lake. We had so much fun with them and their little 1 year-old daughter! Tonight is book club. I made some WW shortcake (though it's more like an actual cake...if it tastes good, I'll post in the forum) for strawberry shortcakes (we do a potluck dinner). The main dish is seafood, so I'm bringing a TV dinner...think I'll do an SBD Santa Fe Beans and Rice.

Have a great start to your week!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

ONEderland, Kim? That'd be awesome! Here's to 6 days of Cardio!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:39 AM   #14  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning girls. I'm going to be moanin' Monday today. Vacation is over. Back to work. No more house-wife-wannabe. No more reading all day. No more sleeping until 7:30.

I'm super tired today. Stayed up until midnight reading last night. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I couldn't go to sleep yet. Looks like an ugly day here too. Just started sprinkling. (I know. Can I whine any more?)

Well, I'm letting Tommy sleep in so I'd better take care of Little Guy and get him ready for school. Hope everyone has a Magnificent Monday instead of moanin' like me!

Lisa
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #15  
Bonjour!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

No time for personals today. Busy day, and busy week ahead. BTW, the meds are making me LOSE my appetite. That is good on one level, at least!

I hope everyone has a great Monday!
Closed Thread