View Poll Results: What does Friday mean to you?
The same as any other old day 0 0%
Two whole days without work coming up (yippee!) 11 57.89%
Two whole days without work coming up (boo! hiss!) 0 0%
Friday night is party night! 2 10.53%
Friday night is early-to-bed night 2 10.53%
Other (go on, tell us!) 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2001, 11:32 AM   #16  
Parrothead

Default I love Fridays!!!

Thank goodness its almost the weekend. DH is going on a fishing trip tonight so I get the evening to myself. I think I am going to pamper myself and enjoy some wine. Then, tomorrow I'm going to hit the mall and finish up my cruise shopping.

OK, here's my question...Do ya'll think that strappy black patent shoes will look fine with a long two-piece, pink silky evening outfit? The outfit is a long A-line skirt and a spagetti strap fitted top. The pink is a medium pink shade with a few beads sewn in. I was going to buy some silver strapy shoes, but I really don't want to have to pack an extra pair of shoes that I can only wear with the pink outfit.

Anyways,

Kim and Suzanne ~ Great pics! Ya'll are both too fab!

Lolly ~ Good luck with the cakes!

Jen ~ I'm with you there on the Friday snack thing. We all go to happy hour here, so that is always a challenge.

Lori ~ Yea for you! We got the church and the hall the day after we we're engaged! It was a year and a half early but someone came in right after us to book the same date. You sound like you are right on track. I would recommend looking for dresses early on. I waited and had a scare towards the end (alterations mess). Also, I found very reasonable bridesmaids dresses on Chadwicks.com. They were a simple long black dress with a shawl and looked good on all 7 of my attendants. Keep us posted. I love weddings.

Belle and Ali ~ Whoo Hoo on the losses! Send some of those good vibes my way.

Hi everyone else!

I gotta go ~ Kay
Old 05-04-2001, 11:34 AM   #17  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Darn

I just calculated my points from yesterday and I went over by 4 1/2. It's the baseball game's fault! I went to a game at our minor league park and had a hotdog and a beer. Not too bad in itself, but I had McDonald's for lunch. Oh, well, back on track today.

I'm so glad it's Friday. I didn't do much all week but I want it to be over anyway! I have a court hearing this afternoon to cover but hopefully it won't be long and I can write the story and get out of here!

I put that Friday means almost no work for two days, but it's also the only time I really get with my b/f. He works every third weekend, but I have him for the next two weekends! Yay! We're going to a strawberry festival tomorrow. Yummy!

Well, I'm going to TRY and do a little work. It's so hard to work when it's 80 degrees outside!
Old 05-04-2001, 11:35 AM   #18  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I'm in on this picture thing.. here is hubby and I...
Old 05-04-2001, 11:39 AM   #19  

Here is a pic from our wedding too... That was 2 1/2 years ago tho...
Old 05-04-2001, 11:58 AM   #20  

Default all the 20's Group chicks have cute bf's and dh's! :D

I think we all managed to get some cuties

Great pics Jen~ beautiful wedding dress

Kay~ I would go for purchasing the new shoes but I am a shopaholic

Lori~ new ring! so exciting!

Belle~ thanks for the compliment

Almost lunch time!! have a good one!
Old 05-04-2001, 12:30 PM   #21  
flibbertobbergenie!

Thumbs down

Jen, I agree, fab dress - but I have to ask, WHAT ARE YOU SITTING ON???!

Wow, I love all these photos! I WANT A SCANNER!!!

Kay - I hate buying shoes so I say the opposite of Suzanne, but you know, I think pink and black together is kind of funky ...

Ok, well eye doctor was cool and I avoided the cakes (only by default, I met a friend when I was about to go in the shop and got talking ...) so YIPPEE for me. And I've almost finished the introductory section of my chapter - just redrafting now and then I can go home. YIPPEE again! And this weekend we are going to catsit for my parents, and I can't wait to see my furry baby again. She's getting old now, so I make the most of every opportunity to see her.

later, 'gators!

Lxxx

Last edited by Lollybird; 05-04-2001 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #22  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Lolly Glad things went well at the doctors!

I still can't figure out this picture thing...I just can NOT resize the stupid thing

Sorry all....to see any pics you'll have to go to my site

angie
Old 05-04-2001, 01:24 PM   #23  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi girls...

Sorr I haven't written today. Trying to get everything done so i'm not here late on a Friday.

I've been reading though.

Suzanne - you're pictures crack me up! Is that the wax museum in New York?

Very sad about Colby... but glad he let his conscience be his guide. If he or Elizabeth couldn't win, then I guess I'm glad Tina did... although except for getting the rice back after the storm, I'm not sure she really exhibited Survivor attributes. But a great lady, nonetheless.

I've enjoyed your pics so much and seeing what everyone looks like that I thought I'd attach one of me and my best friend, Ben. just friends SWEAR. We've been friends since we were 4 years old. I hope you enjoy.

(hope this works)
Old 05-04-2001, 01:58 PM   #24  

Lolly... That THING is called a loon. It's a duck like bird that is absolutely beautiful. They are found mostly in Northern WI and MN (Hey Canadians... do you have Loons???). They make the most beautiful bird call of any bird I have heard. Anyway, they are not this big, but we had our reception at a northwoods themed hotel and this was outside. We just had to get a shot with us on it. They had a huge moose too, but it stands maybe 15 feet high and I couldn't get up that high!!

Tilley... I do LOVE your hair. Mine is thin and I hate it.
Old 05-04-2001, 02:05 PM   #25  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Canadian here.....yes we have loons. I LOVE the noise they make. It is so peaceful. They love it up in Northern Ontario

Angie (still trying to resize my pic's...no luck)
Old 05-04-2001, 02:21 PM   #26  
Go Avalanche!!

Default No pic *wahh*

Friday? Sometimes it means a candle party, sometimes happy hour with hubby, sometimes it means ‘Oh no, a weekend of doing all the things around the house I didn’t get done during the week’. Tonight it means Av’s game!!! (Lisa!) Oh, and don’t forget the beer!

What a Monday this is turning out to be! I don’t know how anyone lives in Seattle b/c this weather is so depressing. Add in all of the problems this morning and you’ve got a recipe for ‘get me outta here!’ Over on points again yesterday. I made this mistake of not eating lunch – ended up munching instead and drank 2 regular pops

Ali: Great job so far on maintenance!

Lolly: Can I jump on the procrastination boat with you?

Kim & Suzanne: Great pics!!! Suzanne: Vote 3 on the cutie bf!! Kim: vote 1 on another cutie bf! That’s such a great pic of the two of you! You make a great couple! That boy def needs to propose

Stacey: Please tell me the reunion thing was on CBS!! I didn’t bother to check B4 I set the VCR. A friend recorded Friends and Charmed for me. Can’t wait to watch all of it.

Jen: Jeez, we all caught some good looking men didn’t we? What in the world are you guys sitting on in that wedding pic? Oh, a loon, thanks

Angie: I can’t get my pics resized either. It’s really aggravating me! I have photoshop ready to install at home and I guess I’ll have to try that. I just can’t find a way to change the resolution on the pics I do have and don’t have photoshop at work.

Lisa: You look great in that pic! You are scaring me. Remember how we were joking about being so alike? Well, one of my best friends and I have a Twin joke. Too long to explain here, but you have the same facial structure as she does and the same hair! Just a different color. Hers is dark brown. You totally remind me of her. This is way to freaky! You want to know what makes it worse? Her name is Lisa as well. I’m sure you will gag when I say this b/c you probably heard it your whole life: but take Ben home with you! Hehehehehe *evil grin*

OK, day is dragging. Later!

“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
Old 05-04-2001, 02:53 PM   #27  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Brenda,

My hair's usually dark brown... or darker at least. This was at the end of last summer.

I do get that about Ben a lot. My grandmother used to take him aside and tell him that he should marry me Oh lord. We do have a private joke about that. His parent even kid about it. In fact I had to get their permissin when I wanted to get a tatoo. It would never work! He's the best friend a girl could have though.

GO AVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-04-2001, 03:12 PM   #28  

Default when will this day end??

Hello, counting the minutes till I get out of herer~~

Thanks for the compliments on bf. That picture isn't even that great of him. He's got crystal blue eyes and dark hair. He's half greek and half english (grew up in Wales) so he's got a cute little accent too. We met on the internet....go figure!

Have a good weekend everyone! WW weigh in for my tomorrow!

p.s. Lisa your hair is awesome....you are wicked pretty too!
Old 05-04-2001, 03:24 PM   #29  
Eve's Mom

Default Lisa, I love your hair

Jealous rage!! Your hair is awesome!!

Gotta go, in terrible rush as usual.

Figured out who flowers were from - some guy from university...?? Weird..

Belle
Old 05-04-2001, 03:37 PM   #30  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Suzanne... I'm still waiting on my cutie Haven't met a nice cute boy since New years... but there is this one guy at work. Peter.. I think he's interested in my friend though... but she's taken. So maybe I can schmooze him! He seemed jealous that I was going to John Mellencamp at the end of the summer (dorky - I know - but I love JM) and I have an extra ticket so maybe by the time the concert rolls around......... he can accompany me.

Brenda - at the risk of sounding SWF, I always said once I had an apartment that allowed dogs.. or a home with a yard - that I would get a chocoalte lab. My family has had a black lab, Harley for 10 years. He's still around - thank god. He's really healthy for his age. But I definately love choc labs. I've always wanted one named Maple.

Lisa
Closed Thread