Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 04:48 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Arrow

Wow did y'all see that our last Chatters thread went to "two" pages! That's awesome.

I hope all have had a good Friday. What's planned for the weekend? I know that someone is going to San Antonio to eat more chips and salsa. Yummy!!! My heart and stomach are with her!!!

We will just work on the sunroom. Since I haven't felt well all week, we've let it go. Tonight is the night to do a little. We want to get this thing finished by Sunday night. Wish us luck.

Tammy, what's the word on Bob's deals?
Addey, are you back?
Kimmy-jo, where are you? How is your little one?

If I don't mention you by name sometimes, it's not because I'm not thinking about you.

Okay group, it's time for a pep talk to last the weekend. We can do this thing. It's not easy. We want to eat next week's points when we haven't banked any (or when we have banked some). Keep telling yourself (I try to) that this is the healthy way. We will feel better and look much better. It is not an overnight change but it will happen.
Does anyone else want to jump in?

Have a great evening.
Tina
Old 04-06-2001, 06:48 PM   #2  
Cute & Cudley

Hi all! I've been so busy lately that I haven't even had time to post. So I will give you the update. I did weigh in the last two weeks and survived maintenance. The first week I actually lost .6 and last week I lost .4. BUT I know that when I go tomorrow I will have gained that pound back. I did pretty good this week, but the scale at home shows a slight gain. I don't know what the problem was this week - I was continuously starving. Even though I was starving I was still good - I did not give in. Exercise this week has been slim though due to the weather. I was hoping to run today but it is pouring rain.

The kids in school have been crazy the last two weeks. They are so ready for Spring Break (and so am I!). I also had all my annual reviews to do for each of my students, so I was very busy with reports and meetings etc. The baby is good. He has been on a chattering kick and keeps saying "ma-ma" over and over (not like I mind). He is so funny! I've been trying to get him to say "da-da" but he won't. He has said it before though.

We are going out to dinner tomorrow to a new restaurant that is supposed to be really good. I will probably splurge but not go crazy.

Tammy- Too bad you didn't live in our area. We could have Bob show us some land - we are in the process of looking to buy land and build. Hopefully he will get a contract soon.

Tina - Thanks for starting us off for the week.

Everyone - Stay strong through Easter. WE CAN DO IT! Just say "no" to that Easter Candy! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-07-2001, 10:38 PM   #3  

As far as we know, Bob will have his first house closing on Thursday!!!!!!! There is also another house where a closing might not be far behind.

On Friday morning we are heading to Frankenmuth, Michigan. Looking forward to getting away for a couple days.

You would not believe what we are doing! Bob and I have always liked dune buggies. Friends of ours have them and belong to a "dune buggy club". They go on little trips, drive in local parades, and just have a good time. Today, Bob saw a purple (my favorite color) dune buggy with a for sale sign on it just a few miles down our road. He brought it home for Tim and I to check it out. We are picking it up on Mon. or Tues. after school. Are we nuts or what???????????????????

We are also getting a new riding lawn mower delivered the beginning of the week. You would think that we had loads of money!

Tim had Merit Badge College at the Univ. of Dayton again today. He is the only one that did all of the assignments for the Art badge before he got to class. That was out of 2 sections that the guy taught. The rest of the kids had to do the assignments there in the class. Tim got to leave! The instructor was impressed with his drawings. I always am too. It was nice for Tim to hear positive comments from someone other than mom and dad!
Old 04-09-2001, 05:45 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Has it been a good Monday? My mornings at work are chaos. This afternoon I took my mother to the rehab dr. for a 5 mo. check-up. I feel so sorry for her but get so frustrated at the same time. But that's another story.
I did pretty good food-wise over the weekend. Today, well------the new guy tried cooking a chicken and rice dish to serve at our Monday staff meeting. It was tasteless so I didn't eat much. But, he had some peach ice cream. Yum Then after taking Mother home from the dr., I was soooooo upset that I gave in and bought (and ate) a glazed donut with chocolate on top. It was so good--especially with that Diet Dr. Pepper. Am I hopeless or what.

Tammy, I hope Bob gets that closing & good for Tim and the merit badges.

Kimmy-jo - it sounds like you will survive your Maintainance. We know you can do it!!!!

Let's hear how everyone's Monday went.
Tina
Old 04-10-2001, 03:11 AM   #5  
Thursday Team

Just thought I would drop in and say hi. As to why I'm not asleep at this hour, I have no idea

Sounds like your doing great on maintance KimmyJo! Im sure you'll do great at W/I, seems like maintaining is what I do best, only its not at "goal weight".

Did you get your dune buggy Tammy? I bet that will be a lot of fun this summer. WOW its even in your favorite color! It must have been just the thing you needed.

Hang in there Tina with your eating...I heard that if you drank diet soda with junk food then the points dont count ahhh if that was only true!

Well not much to say, like normal. So I'll go to finish my water and head to bed....got to be up in 4 hrs to get the kid off to school. I think school should start at noon!! LOL

Have a great week all....Dee
Old 04-10-2001, 10:10 AM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hello

Dee, what on earth had you up so late! Wht's going on in your life right now? Anything or anyone interesting at work? Congrats on still drinking that water. You inspire me to do more of that today. It's much easier on days off.

Tracy and Cindy seem to have dropped off the face of the planet. Where are you people?
Addey, how was your trip?
Jill, tell us about the plans. What's happening now?
Sis, Race, Jules, Maureen, check in.

Does everyone have a new outfit for Easter? I think I'll hit the Galleria this morning and shop around.

Stay OP, gang.

Tina
Old 04-10-2001, 08:20 PM   #7  

We picked up the dune buggy yesterday between rains. Tonight we drove to my brothers' houses to show them. It is so neat!!! I need to relearn how to drive a stick-shift though.

I'm posting quickly because there is supposed to be another storm headed this way. It has been awful. I was at my Bible study last night. Didn't turn the radio on in the car on the way home. I was playing a tape, singing along, and enjoying the "light show" in the sky. I knew it was one heckuva storm, but I didn't realize until I got home that tornadoes had been spotted!! I was just driving along, singing my little heart out, totally oblivious to everything. I did notice that the lightning was very bright, very frequent, and the thunder was loud, and I had to have my wipers on high. When I got home, Bob and Tim were in the basement. Our neighbor and a couple of his friends had spotted a funnel cloud north of where we live. They could see it when it lightninged.\

That chicken/rice dish sounds like the one that I made a while back. Remember? Tim thought that it tasted like bland oatmeal!! LOL

I agree with Dee about the diet soda causing the other foods not to have calories. If we believe it, it must be true right?

KimmyJo, we have land here in Ohio that you could buy!!! We could be neighbors!!!

Bob's closing is set for Thursday afternoon at 1;00. He is excited, nervous, anxious, you name it!!
Old 04-11-2001, 06:19 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Good Afternoon group,

Addey--I changed my name to "Thursday Lady" if you want to change yours back to "Thursday Chatter" you can.

Susan, how is your weather? We've been have 80's and it's raining this afternoon. Now I don't have to water. Yea!

Tammy, I would love to see a photo of you on that dune buggy. It sounds like such fun. Have you ever driven a 4-wheeler. They are fun, too.

It's weigh in time again. Are we ready??? Yes, or course we are.
Good luck.....
Tina
Old 04-12-2001, 09:35 PM   #9  
Susan

Hi Everyone,

I didn't fall of the face of the Earth. I've been running like crazy. I was out of town over the weekend, then out of town on Tuesday and returned home on Wednesday. My husband is out of town so that leaves me to take care of all of the animals alone. It doesn't leave me with as much free time.

Tina, the weather here has been about the same. Hoping it rains again so I won't have to water either! We'll be praying for it come June, when the drought sets in...........

Tammy, don't have too much fun on that dune buggy!! Try and let Tim drive it every once in a while. Congrats to Bob!

I'm been having a hard time on program this week. Habven't been counting anything. I need to get back on track. Today, a couple of people said "I can tell you are losing weight." Just have to get serious again.

Talk to you later,
Susan
Old 04-12-2001, 10:45 PM   #10  

I practiced driving the dune buggy in the driveway tonight. Then Bob said lets go for a spin. Oh my! I always liked driving a stick shift when we had our old pickup truck. This will be fun too once I get used to shifting again.
Tim just turned 13, so he won't be driving it for a while. One of his good friends has go-carts, so he can drive those for a couple years. I've never driven a 4-wheeler. I think Tim's friend has one of those too!

We are leaving in the morning for Frankenmuth, Michigan. Just to get away, shop, walk, and naturally eat way too much. Really looking forward to the trip.

Bob's house closing went as planned! What a relief! On Monday afternoon, he is meeting with a couple about listing their house. The man knows my brother, so I hope things work out. He is meeting with another realtor on Tuesday. Hope he decides to list with Bob.

Have a great weekend everyone! Happy Easter.

Love, Tammy
Old 04-12-2001, 11:49 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Isn't it great when people start to notice you are losing weight! Good going Susan. By the way, how many animals do you have and what are they? Ah yes, June......do you think it'll stay in the 100's again this year?

Tammy, I'm sooooo happy the closing went well. You have a great time on your getaway.

Happy Easter to everyone!

tina
Old 04-14-2001, 01:01 AM   #12  
Thursday Team

Welcome back Maureen!

My life's been pretty stressed out since Jan. Havent been able to excercise much. Today I did go for a walk with my folks and kid....walked over 1.5 miles. And yesterday I biked for 10-15 mins, felt like hours!
Also, I had a family member pass away recently which added to the stress so I havent been online very much.
But things should be getting better soon. I havent been OP too much these last couple weeks either, just enough to keep off what I lost in Jan/Feb.

Hmmmm everyone keeps talking about it finally warming up, and Im wishing it would cool off again! I like fall weather the best. Actually I like air conditioned weather the best!! We did have some really bad winds the other day, could barely walk up my driveway it was blowing so hard.

I like your new name Tina! I tried to add a pic under my name, and it must not have worked "oh well" I'll just stay the same for now....

Well I should get to bed soon, have lots to do this weekend.....and I thought easter was only once a year, why does that day stretch into four days around here!? Colored eggs tonight with my daughter, and made an easter rabbit cake....now that was impressive....since I dont bake. Will be hunting eggs Sat and Sun...ughhh. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Dee
Old 04-14-2001, 09:43 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday all (I bet you thought I'd say Easter instead )

Dee, I am very sorry about your loss. It is a very hard stress ful time for you.
Congrats on baking that cake. You did good and I'm sure everyone will love it.

Dyeing Easter eggs is on my agenda today. Used to, our son would dye them with me--even when he was college age. Now, he says I can do it. Somehow doing alone isn't that much fun. Wish I had some company.

I guess Tammy is shopping her heart out about now. It sounds like lots of the group were going away this weekend. We stay right here. No traveling until April 29-----then it's off to the Cayman Islands for R&R.

Maureen, post please.

I wish everyone a safe and happy Easter. Have lots of fun and then exercise, exercise, exercise away the chocolate eggs.

Love ya,
Tina
148/????/134
Old 04-14-2001, 12:55 PM   #14  
Susan

Hello All,

It's raining today. Suppose to have showers off and on.

Tina, I hope it isn't in the 100's here all summer. I like the temps. like it has been lately. Not too cold, not too hot but warm enough to be able to wear shorts. We have 2 horses, 5 dogs, and 5 cats. I really want a donkey and some goats, not sure if I'll get them.

I want to brag on myself. I actually rode the stationary bike for 10 minutes today. It did seem like hours.... (can't remember who said that, but I agree) My husband said it would be a good idea to start doing it to get my knee ready for surgery. It will make recovery go faster. Not looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter! I love to color eggs. I'm the only adult I know that doesn't have kids and loves to do it. However this year, Easter just sprang up on us, not even ready for it.

Dee, sorry about your loss. Remember we are all here for you!

Tammy, have fun on the dune buggy. I've been on a 4 wheeler once and loved it.

Happy Easter!!
Susan

(How do you make the different smilie faces?)
Old 04-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Susan,
I smiley face is colon and end parenthese. The wink is semi colon and end parentese.
There is a list on the questions part of the forum (I think that's where it is) I don't know all the different once so I stick to the simple ones.

You must have a lot of land. Do you really want a donkey?

Happy Easter!
Tina
Closed Thread