Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2001, 06:31 PM   #16  
Susan

Thanks Tina,

I found a list of all the smilie faces. I went to help and printed them off.

I live on 11 acres. I want a small donkey. My husband doesn't. I have a friend who has one and loves it.
Old 04-14-2001, 07:53 PM   #17  
Thursday Lady

Wow Susan,
You have lots of land. That's great. I am a city person. I can't stand the quiet for too long. We always went to my cousins', near Clifton, TX, once a year when I was growing up. I remember waking up to see a cow looking in the window at me. After one day, I was ready to get back home.

I've done pretty well, food wise today. I haven't drunk much water, though. I went to shopping for a birthday gift and had to push my way through all the Easter clothes buying mobs. I'm still not sure what I'll wear tomorrow.
I'm so disgusted with my fat hips.

Everyone have a very good day tomorrow.
Tina
Old 04-15-2001, 08:38 PM   #18  
Susan

Tina,

What a small world. I have a good friend that is from Clifton. She just moved back to Clifton at Spring Break. She grew up there and recently married someone from there.

I grew up in the city too but always loved the country. We've lived out here 4 years and had our land for 6. I'll never move back into the city. It is so peaceful. However, I'm not that far away for the town either.

Hope every had a very Happy Easter! It was just the 2 of us. After fixing our lunch, I wasn't that hungry. Now go figure!!
Old 04-15-2001, 10:04 PM   #19  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
How did everyone do today?
I was so proud of myself at dinner. I took small portions and didn't eat any candy. However, tonight I had chicken lo mein (water retention here I come) and several pieces of candy.
Oh well, what do we say----tomorrow is another day to start.
Tina
Old 04-16-2001, 07:45 PM   #20  
Susan

Hi,

Hope everyone had a good Monday! I can't believe that it is the beginning of the week again. I'm so ready for summer or just a vacation.

Hope the Easter Bunny was good to you! It was a pretty quiet day here.

Tina, good going on the candy and small portions. Make sure that you drink all of your water, it will help with the water retention. I can relate. All I have to do is look at Chinese food and I retain.

Where is everyone? We miss you!
Old 04-16-2001, 11:56 PM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Ditto what Susan said-----Where is everyone????????

What a busy day for me. Then, my poor husband spent the afternoon at the dentist. He'd been complaining and this morning a piece of tooth fell out! He had to have a crown put on one tooth and another one filled. If the crowned tooth keeps hurting, that will mean a root canal. Ugh. He was given super pain pills. He took two after supper and hasn't felt a thing.
I'm getting ready to give him two more so he'll sleep all night.

Hey, maybe we should take those and sleep through meals? Silly me.

Okay, the holidays are over and it's time to post, post, post.

Tina

Weather report--it rained and rained this afternoon. Then, we had pea-sized hail. We never have that. I hope our car is okay.
Old 04-17-2001, 05:46 PM   #22  
Susan

I had the best treat today. I bought Silhouette's Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches. They were sooooooo good! But best of all, only 2 points!! I read about them in the WW magazine. Try them, you'll love them. (they might be to dangerous for me)

The weather is nice here. Looks like it might rain this evening.

Hope everyone had a good Tuesday.
Old 04-17-2001, 09:32 PM   #23  
Cute & Cudley

Auntie - I love those skinny cows. They are so good - I just wish they were a little cheaper - however you can get coupons if you visit their web site.

We are finally back home - it is always nice to come home and be able to sleep in your own bed. Now you are all talking about this rain, well we have had snow yesterday and today. Last night it snowed so hard - just like a blizzard - for about 25 minutes. It did not really acumulate because it was so wet, but you could see it on the ground. Then on the way home it snowed off and on. I thought we were in April and done with the snow????

Anyway - the weekend was rough eating wise. It is always hard when you are away. I went a little overboard but I did exercise everyday. Since last Tuesday I have jogged at least 3 miles every day. I hope that this helps. I still have 3 days before I have to weigh in so hopefully I can get rid of any gain by then.

Thankfully I am still on vacation until next Monday. Just planning on doing some work around the house. We want to start getting it in great shape so when we have to put it on the market it will be ready. Not too much to do - it is a great house, in great condition. Just some minor things here and there.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I am off too bed. Have a great week everyone and don't forget to go face the iron monster!
Old 04-18-2001, 12:52 PM   #24  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Default Hi All

Boy, am I proud of you guys--Tina, Tammy, DeeX. You were all here over a year ago when I gave up on my weight loss. You may recognize the name LindaH better. I have crawled up to my all time high of 273.5 and am once again trying to lose, but am not ready for WW meetings. I only have a few minutes to read, but plan to go back a few threads and see how everyone is doing?

I actually got more encouragement from this thread than I ever did at our meetings. Although I plan to do the points for WW, I don't think I'll join again.

Do you guys mind if I hang around here and get to know you all. Since I'm not weighing with WW mtgs, I can weigh any day.
Old 04-18-2001, 06:04 PM   #25  
Thursday Lady

Well, well, well,
Hi Linda! I figured you'd started your own thread and left us for good. It's so good to see you online again. I'd forgotten that we'd been doing this for soooo long.
You will make it back down on the scales. And, YES, you must stay here with us.

Kimmy-jo, I can't believe that it's still snowing anywhere. I'm glad you had a safe trip home. Speaking of "home," why and when are y'all moving? You are lucky to have some time off to do what you wish.

Susan, I'll have to try those Ice Cream Sandwiches---but maybe not until I return from my trip. I don't intend to gain much while we're gone. They are famous for lots of seafood dishes. We'll be walking and snorkeling most of the time and I'll get lots of exercise.

Tina
Old 04-18-2001, 09:02 PM   #26  

I am so confused. I posted a message to everyone yesterday. It isn't here!!!!! I'm not even sure what I wrote about. It's that age thing coming through I think!!!!

Welcome back Linda!! I guess we have been hanging out here for a while. I'm not attending WW meetings either. I try to weigh on Thursdays. I haven't lost much at all. I'm down 18 pounds from last year at this time.

Our Frankenmuth trip was great!!!!! We shopped alot, walked alot, laughed alot, and DIDN'T EAT TOO MUCH!!!!
Old 04-18-2001, 11:19 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Hope today was good for everyone.
Tammy, maybe your post will show up here someday! I'm glad you had such a good time.

What an afternoon for me. I was in a parking lot waiting for this Ford van to get out of a space. She came out and tried to squeeze by me on the passenger side. She scraped the side of my little Neon. I was so upset. My mother was in the car so I tried to seem calm for her sake. I think that I confused her more by appearing calm. You can't win.
The lady was very sorry. Now I must contact her insurance agent tomorrow. I don't know why I'm the one who has to. Go figure.

It's almost weigh in time. Are we up for this???? Of course we are.
Tina
Old 04-18-2001, 11:40 PM   #28  
Cute & Cudley

Tina - we are just beginning the process of starting to build a house. Getting the land and a good builder, etc. You can see the house we are building at: http://www.eplans.com/plans2/largerI...&planID=SEA212

Sorry for such a long link - hopefully it will work. Not sure when we will put this house up for sale. Our goal is to move right from this house into the new one. We don't want to have to move twice. So we will wait to put it on the market until the new one is close to done.

Hope everyone had a good OP day! I am trying a bunch of new recipes from the recipe index. I will let you know how they all turn out. Had one tonight that was pretty good - muchroom and spincah enchiladas. It was easy to make and tasted good.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-19-2001, 10:22 AM   #29  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Default Thanks for the Welcomes

Today is the first day of the rest of my (NEW, IMPROVED, SLIMMER) life. Hopefully my resolve will be strong enough to keep me in line this time.
It is good to come back to this thread--to renew old friendships and get acquainted with those of you I don't know.
Bummer--about the car, Tina. Is your mom living with you now? I remember she was really sick when I was on here a year ago. If I remember right, Tammy, you were just redoing your parent's house to move into. I am getting older, but I hope my memory is holding up.
Have a good weigh in gang. Talk with you tomorrow.
By the way, I am still registered at LindaH here, and can sign in and read, but can't reply to anything, so I guess I'll just stay Loodie.
Old 04-19-2001, 11:41 PM   #30  
Thursday Lady

An update about my car-----it turns out that lady did not have any car insurance! She still wants to pay for the damage. I'll have to get an estimate. Something tells me that she won't want to pay as much as it'll cost.

Kimmy-jo, what a fantastic thing to build your own home the way you want it. What room will be your favorite? I would love to have a big bathroom with a giant tub.

Linda - my mother had a stroke last May 31 and did come to live with us for 2 months. It just was not going to work out. She's now in a very nice assisted living residence. She hates it and still thinks she'll get well enough to move. We had to sell the house. That was very, very difficult. Thank you for asking and remembering.
I am so glad you are back with us. I wondered for a long time what had happend to you.

Jill - what's new with your plans?

Tracy & Cindy, if you are reading, sign in.

Tammy, are you a wild woman on your dune buggy?

Tina
Closed Thread