Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 08:32 PM   #46  

Evening everyone!

I'm finally sitting down. First we had Confession today for all the kids doing their First Holy Communion in a few weeks. 86 little darlings all trying so very hard to remember the Act of Contrition all at once. It was a sight! Then I picked up my friend Tina and we went to this new nail place and had a manicure. It was heaven. While you're sitting drying "John" comes over and gives you ths heavenly back massage! I wanted to take him home but Tina wouldn't let me. Something about a husband......... Then I came home for all of 10 minutes, ran to Mass, came home and cleaned our bedroom and now I'm sitting here talking to you's guys!

Es - congrat's on the new apartment! I know your sister must be really happy having you closer. When will you start to pack? If we all lived closer we could help!!!

Jen- did you have fun shopping? If I ever get a new job I'll be in the same boat. Now, I wear jeans and tee shirts to work. If I ever get a job where I have to really "dress" I'm in big trouble!! Have fun with the "boys".

Donna - yeah I'm very nervous about the surgery. But as Jen put it, I'm going to enjoy my summer and my trip to WDW and not think much about it till the time get's closer. Well, I'll try not to think about it!

Well I'm going to catch up on some reading. I love to read! Hi Terri, Dianne, Sandy and Ruth!!

I'll see you all tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:42 PM   #47  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Just popping in....as usual, plans are made to be broken...Joey ended up being over for the day.. Iliana is studying for finals (she works full time and goes to school ) So I went out , ran errands, did some grocery shopping, and tried to find clothes for work....

Am I the only one who HATES LINEN????? Wow, I don't want to spend my day being wrinkled, and yet that's most of what's out there!!!

later,
~Jen

Sunday a.m......Linda, I want to go to that salon for a manicure! That sounds like heaven. I just recently began having pedicures, and will never do it myself again. I'm a low-maintenance woman, yet am beginning to rethink some of those options Manicures may be next, mainly due to the job I have now.
Dressing for work has been a problem for me, as in my previous job I wore a uniform shirt and very casual pants; then for the last three years I've worn sweats and jeans. Now I'm starting to build up a wardrobe for work, and am enjoying the shoping

have a great day!

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-02-2004 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:17 AM   #48  

Smile

Hello

Jen, since you got this job you've been very busy. It's a good thing. Helps not think about food. I hate linen too. Just driving with my seat belt on I get all wrinkled. Yeah, it's a bummer but the Spring line is mostly linen.

Linda, you cracked me up about "John" & when Tina said, something about a husband. It's funny cause yesterday I went to get my nails done & there was a new guy named John. He was doing the pedicures. I never saw a guy doing pedicures. You & I have the same dress codes in our jobs. Since we help low income people they don't want us to dress up. Only the attorney's, when they have to go to court. Like you, I don't know what I would do if I got a different job & had to dress up. I would need a whole new ward robe. So sweet of you too, offering to help me pack. I'll probably start in July. Pete is very helpful. He does most of the packing. About your surgery, I've had two & each time I was a little nervous. I refused to listen to people that had so called "advice" because most of the time it was negative. You're going to need help when you go home. Who will be there to help you get around?

Well, back to work tomorrow. In a way, I'm looking forward to it. I was starting to get bored since money is tight right now. It was great going to bed later & waking up around 7:AM as opposed to 4:AM. The wedding that I was invited to on August 1st I can't go to now. I didn't really want to go anyway. Points Police is going to be disappointed. It's her daughter that's getting married. I'm moving August 1st. Linda, I'll explain Points Police another time.

Be back later. Have a nice Sunday everybody.

Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 05-02-2004 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #49  

Hi Guys:

Es, amiga - congrats on the 10.4 lbs. loss Great job - and how wonderful to start fresh at ww with such a great loss. Congrats on the new apartment too. I do live close to you, but I ain't helping you pack - I hate packing Just kidding, you know if you needed me, I'd be there for you!

Linda - Too funny about "John" and guess what? The name of the guy who does my nails regularly is John So funny, they are all Korean, but their name tags say John, Kathy, Debbie, Carol, Judy, Tom, Alice, Linda, etc.
Cute about the kids and the Act of Contrition - I remember that as a kid, it was tough to get down - guess that's why we never forget how to say it!
So sorry to hear about your hip problems and I'm glad you're getting to go on vacation first.

Speaking of vacation, we just finished our plans for our trip to Puerto Rico. It will be me and Willie, my sister and Alana and Casey. We'll be going for 9 days in July. I'm taking 3 straight weeks off this summer - I usually take 2 and then one and one, but I really need 3 together this year I've been here almost 18 years and I've only done that once before.

My sister and Casey have never been to PR and we're looking forward to taking them all over. It should be fun. I already told Alana she and Casey better be on their best behavior - we don't want to spend our vacation listening to them fight I can't wait.

Jen - How was your time with the boys? How did you do on your shopping trip. I have to dress up at my job, since I work in the President's office, but we have dress down Fridays and in the summer we get to dress down every day unless we're expecting trustees to come for a meeting. Thanks for checking out my aids walk site - its amazing isn't it? I have to say I am overwhelmed at the generosity of my family, friends, and co-workers. Yes I am still training - I've reached the 6 mile point now. I only have 2 weeks to go. I'm looking forward to it. I can't believe "the Jessa" is going on 3 either -I remember telling you guys when she was born and the different names they were thinking of, etc. - time sure does fly.

Well, let me get going - I want to get my clothes ready for tomorrow before the Sopranos starts. Hi to Terri, Donna, Sandy, ZoeGirl and Janie

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by decemberdianne; 05-02-2004 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #50  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
what did you think on the Sopranos when they showed the bear at the back door? I was on pins and needles throughout the program, waiting for something to happen, then thought for sure it was going to be at the end when Tony was in the pool! It's my favorite program....I've got a real love/hate relationship with Tony just like Carmela.
Taking 3 weeks off will be awesome! Your trip sounds wonderful, July will be here before you know it.
Good going on the training

Es,
gee, what a shame you'll miss the wedding (not!) I'm sure Points Police will have something to say about it.
Today is my first day back OP 100% I wieghed in this morning and it was UGLY I've already journalled through lunch have my water packed for work. I will do the bike, and toning with hand weights for upper arms after work. I cannot believe I've put it off this long, have just been doing the program half-a**ed. Since I still cannot walk for exercise (still slightly limping, cannot bend the toe fully) I've got to concentrate on what I can do and be positive.

Have a great Monday! HI to Terri, Sandy, Linda, Ruth, Zoe
~Jen
Old 05-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #51  

Jen, I really don't see how you can say you put it off all this time. I seem to remember you having some extensive foot surgery??!! I know how you feel in a way for the recovery on this elbow of mine has turned out longer than I anticipated and still I find myself not much better off. It has really gotten me down.

Linda, not being Catholic I have no idea what all that is that you were referring to. My dh was raised Catholic, I guess I could ask him. LOL Sounds like it went OK though.

Dianne, I am very envious of your trip and I know July will be here soon and you will be having the time of your life!

Es, I am really proud of you and the heck with the points police.

Sandy, Terri, Ruthie and Zoe to you as well.

Ladies, I am going to unsubscribe from this thread. Besides not saying anything this time I just thought I would let you know. NO ONE has offended me in any way just wish to leave it at that and hope you all understand that I have my reasons. I wish you all the best and hope that our paths cross again some day. God bless you all!

Donna
Old 05-03-2004, 08:56 AM   #52  

Morning Ladies -

Donna- I hope you haven't unsubscribed yet. I will miss you. I hope you come back to us. Please feel free to contact me anytime. You know where I am.

Dianne - 3 weeks off. I wouldn't know what to do!! Come to think of it; yes I would. Puerto Rico!! What part? Staying in a hotel or with family? We've only stayed with family. Next time it's a hotel! Never any problems, but sometimes you want to do things that you can't do with family. My FIL is coming for a visit at the end of the month. He lives in San Sabastian. I love that man. Never a problem!

Jen - I do manicures maybe every 2 weeks if time permitts. I use to wrap my nails and that became to demanding and expensive. Now I have these "little nubby nails" but they're clean and neatly polished! I love pedicures but I have horrible feet so I don't do that as often. I always appologize to the technician first about my "ugly feet". But it feels sooo good!

Es - you had both hips done?? God bless you woman. My other hip isn't half as bad and that's why I want this one done now. Gotta run just came in. Later ladies!
Old 05-03-2004, 03:31 PM   #53  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Jen - OMG! I thought Carmela had left one of the doors open and the bear was gonna come in the house and attack her I was nervous too - I wonder why they showed that??? I know, in reality, New Jersey does have a bear problem, but I really thought something was gonna happen to her. Yes, I too have a love-hate relationship with Tony, but last week was cool, when they got together at the birthday party. You know who I really can't stand? The other "boss" - John (the one who's boss died?) He's a real creep.

Donna - I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving us, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I hope you will come back. Take care, we'll miss you.

Linda - We are going to be in Fajardo the majority of the time, but the first few days we will be in Guanica, that's where Willie was born and has some family. We will also take the ferry from Fajardo to Culebras and Vieques and we'll probably go into Old San Juan a day or two. We will be staying at a condo and a villa. I'm really not crazy about staying with family - for some reason I'm more comfortable in a hotel, etc. Also, I have found this great site called greatvacationhomes.com and it has homes, villas and condos all over the US, Canada, Virgin Islands, etc. for rent. 3 years ago we all stayed in a beautiful home in Florida with 6 bedrooms and a private pool and we were about 10-15 minutes from Disney. Once we did that, I always check there first before going into a hotel - its so much more comfortable in a home.

Well, gotta run - Hi Es, amiga, Terri (where are you?), Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl and Janie.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-03-2004 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 08:29 PM   #54  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Donna,
I can understand that since you've reached goal, you might not find what you're looking for in our thread.
It's been great having you here....might I suggest that you don't unsubscribe, but simply stop in and say "hi" if the mood strikes you?
Good luck, you've been very supportive to all of us. My thoughts will be with you and your family.
~Jen
Old 05-04-2004, 12:36 PM   #55  

Thanks all for your understanding. You all have been very supportive of me as well. Thanks for the well wishes.

Donna
Old 05-04-2004, 07:13 PM   #56  
Queen of the Fresh Start

See you on # 158!!!
Closed Thread