Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 07:02 AM   #31  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi Ruth!! Good to see you back

Donna,
hope your arm is doing much better. Good luck at weigh in.

Linda,
my sister had a hip replacement when she was only 39. It was 3 years ago and she is doing great. It's a challenge, but with your positive attitude, I'm confident you'll do well .

Dianne,
It's a delicate situation, the way you're handling it with Justin is perfect. All you can do is show you care, and that you're there, right?

My foot is better each day; still wearing gym shoes. I foolishly attempted the mall with Joe...but faded fast. I'm going to get on the exercise bike today after work, I'm at the point where that should be okay. The treadmill will have to wait, unfortunately. I don't think I'll be on it before June.

Es,
50 depresses me if I think about it...so I don't! Truly, why bother? When I realized that I felt and looked no different than I did the month before turning 50, it was time to put it behind me. There's too much to look forward to.

Terri, Sandy
have a great day,
~Jen
Old 04-28-2004, 07:58 AM   #32  

Talking

Hi Buds

Jen, I should practice what I preach. I always tell people age is just a number. David keeps me young. I tell him we grew up together. This is why I wish he would meet a nice girl & settle down. I would love to have at least one grandbaby while I still feel young. I hope your foot heals soon.

Linda, from the Bronx, homegirl! I knew you were up on "you's"

Dianne, David is in a simular situation with a girl he met on-line. They've been talking for 2 yrs. She has leukemia. She's 33 yrs. old & she's a criminal lawyer. She found out last Feb. she had this disease. She lives in Lancaster, PA. I always questioned people meeting people on-line & falling in love. I'm not saying he's in love but it sounds like she is. Her name is Vianny & she seems like a very sweet girl. She emails me too. I like her but I don't want to get too attached. I don't ask Dave about her condition either. Like you, I don't want to pry.

Ruth, how are you?

Donna, this is for you kiddo :

Later gators,
Es
Old 04-28-2004, 08:18 AM   #33  

Thanks you all for the IT WORKED! I lost another pound! LOL

BTW, Hello Ruth!!!!

I'll post later.

Have a great day everyone
Old 04-28-2004, 08:26 AM   #34  

Hi Buddies,

I haven’t had much computer time in a while. Last time I tried, I had a long message all ready to post and the computer farkled it. Plus, it has been really hard for me to find free time lately. Greg is doing better and working with his therapist, but given that he is only in night school 12 hours a week, he has too much free time on his hands. I have been finding a lot of projects for him to do around the house, but as a 17 year old he is naturally trying to resist too much direction. He is supposed to be finding a job, it would count as work-study for school credit, but so far the businesses have just taken the application and say they will be in touch. I had him call back to inquire, because a lot of places here in town don’t hire kids unless they make the effort to express a strong interest.

Thankfully other things are going well. I am really enjoying the treadmill, I had planned on getting one for at least a year, and now that we have it, everyone is using it. My old friend, whose name is Es, and I have started to get together again. She started WW this winter for the first time. She really has fresh eyes and inspiration about how to do it, so we go food shopping on Saturday morning together and share ideas about the food plan.

We are always doing something involving our church. There was a talent auction in February, where members offered something in return for a donation to the church funds. We made 12,000 dollars in one night. I offered a dinner party for up to 8 guests. Can you imagine? People bid on my party and paid $45 a piece to eat my cooking. I just had the dinner last weekend, it was a big success, they all told me to offer it again next year, as they were planning to bid on it again.

Jen, I am glad to hear that you are on the mend. The job sounds just terrific.
Donna, I hope you are feeling better too.
Es, Happy belated birthday. I’m glad you had so many celebrations between work and your birthday, you deserve every one of them and more!

Dianne, I hope Justin’s friend will be well. We have such a hard time as parents seeing our kids at a young age dealing with these major life issues.

Linda, Congrats on getting back on track so well, I have been reading your ideas for safety foods to have on hand, I use most of them too. The cottage cheese with fruit in it sounds like a nice treat for a change.

Hi Terri, Ruth, Zoe and Janie,

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #35  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Sandy - good to see you and so glad to hear Greg is doing better. "Farkled"??? What a word Very cool about your dinner party and the money raised for your church - I'm sure they really appreciate it.

Donna - congrats on the 1 lbs. loss

Jen - Good to hear you can at least get on the bike now. That's certainly progress!

Linda - Now that I think about it, you would definitely know about the "you's" thing - I think people from the Bronx claimed to have founded that word Then again, so do the people from Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island

Es, amiga - I hope David finds a great woman to settle down with and give you some grandbabies - if not, you could always borrow one of my 14 I get down and dirty with them - on the floors, in the park, whatever - I enjoy them and then can send them home or leave their house! Next weekend (May 8) is "the Jessa's" birthday, she'll be 3. I feel bad that she's getting older and will soon probably stop calling me gramma "Dan" - I love that. oh well, time marches on.........and on and on! I now have 4 names from my grandchildren - "Nana", "Papa Dianne", "Gramma Dianne" and "Gramma Dan" - Sheesh imagine the confusion when we all get together!

Gotta get back to work - hi to Terri, ZoeGirl, Ruthie and Janie

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-28-2004 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:11 PM   #36  

ES, I just took a few minutes to read the post and realized that it was your birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm glad that you enjoyed it. My mom is 63 and claims she still feels 30!!!

Talk to you later,
Ruthie
Old 04-29-2004, 07:18 AM   #37  

Default Good Thursday Morning!

And it's a beauty of a morning here in NYC!

Well it's off to the Orthopedic Doctor's this morning to see about this hip. I guess it's time I start thinking about the replacement . I'm gona shoot for August so I can get my Disney trip in for July. I'm a WDW fanatic!

Sandy - it's nice to see you!! I'm so happy that things are working out with your son.

Ruthie - Hi! I'm Linda. Hopefully we can get to know eachother better!

Dianne - You mean "you's guys" didn't start out in da Bronx??? Getta outta here!!!

Donna - You go girl!! Another pound bites the dust!!

Es - You should know us "homegirls" are up on everything!

Jen - thanks for the words of encouragement. But none the less I'm terrified! I'm not very good with "pain" and from what I hear there's gona be lots of that.

Well I gotta run. DH is coming with me today and then we need to hit the DMV. He just realized that his license expires in 2 weeks!!! Men...gotta love 'em.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:03 AM   #38  

Smile

Hi

Beautiful day. Pete just asked me what do I want to do today & I have no idea. Maybe I'll go by the water/marina.

Linda, how long have you been having problems with your hip? Did you get a second opinion?

Ruth, I'm glad you stopped by to say hi. I hope all is well with you & your family.

Amiga, I can not believe Jessa is going to be 3! I wish we could see a picture of her. She sounds so cute. I love all the names. My favorite is Grandma Dan.

Sandy, now that summer is coming there should be jobs out there for the kids. My niece is 16 she's starting her first job in Checkers. She's so excited. I feels so bad for Greg. Luckily he has great parents. I remember when I was that age I couldn't talk to my parents. I was able to talk to my Mom but she told my Dad everything so I had to hold back alot. Your friend's name is Es? Is that her nickname?

Donna, woohoo, way to go with your loss

I went back to WW & had a 10.4 lb. loss since the last time I was there. It felt so good to be back. I'll be weighing on Wednesdays. Right after I went to Curves. Today I'm walking. Finally, I'm back on track.

Well, my friends, have a great day. I'll be back this evening.

Luv u's
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 04-29-2004 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:15 AM   #39  

Default Tgif!!!!

Morning everyone!

Es - I've been having problems with this hip now for, oh, lets say about 6 years. The sad thing is I didn't realize it was arthritis. I remember being up near Co-Op city shopping and having this "cramp" in the front of my thigh near the groin. I thought I pulled a musscle. It was the hip. I noticed I couldn't roll over in bed like a normal person without siginificent pain. It was the hip. I finally went to my doctor about 3 years ago cause I realized something was up. By that time I was almost bone on bone. Now, I am bone on bone!. So looks like the surgery will be early August. I'm really nervous. Thank God I have lots of support. My dear friend and neighbor had it done and her husband too. We're all the same age too.

Well ladies I need to get back to work. Hi to everyone!!!! I'll be back tonight! Hugs..

Last edited by MrsLinda; 04-30-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:28 PM   #40  

Linda,
I can imagine how nervous you are about it. Good thing you do have a good support system and also people around close to you that have been there. My Dad had this surgery 3 years ago. His brother has had it as well. It is a long recovery period but worth it I have been told. {{{hugs}}}

Donna
Old 04-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #41  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,

The boys are here for the weekend, we're babysitting until Sunday
I'm meeting friends for dinner, so Joe will be home with them this evening....he pulled Joey's old road race set out of the attic to keep them busy, but I think he'll have even more fun than them with it

Linda,
At least you know exactly what to expect after the surgery, since others you know have been through it; knowing is half the battle, in my opinion. Enjoy your summer and trip to WDWorld...time enough later on to think about it all, right?

Es,
Glad to hear you're back to WW and Curves...I know how you've missed it.

Dianne,
I can't believe either that "the Jessa" is turning 3! Wasn't she just born?

Have to run, just wanted to say HI to all. Have a great Friday evening!

~Jen
Old 04-30-2004, 08:04 PM   #42  

Smile

Hi Girls

Well, vacations is almost over. As most of you know, I live in a apartment complex. I've been here 10 yrs. My lease is up & we decided to move to the other side to a bigger one. I'll be closer to my sister. She's so happy about it. So, August 1st I'll be moving. I'm taking the 1st 2 weeks of August off. I'm so excited. These apartments are so nice. It's like a resort in here & they allow pets.

Jen, that's so sweet of Joe to stay with the boys will you go out to dinner. We have great husbands.

Linda, 6 yrs. of being in pain is a long time. Do you take anything for the pain?I remember when Co-op city was being built. I was just a kid.

Hi Amiga, Donna, Terri, Ruth, Sandy, Janie & Zoe

Till tomorrow
Es
Old 05-01-2004, 08:41 AM   #43  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Dianne,
I just checked out your page on the AIDS walk site...whoo eee!!! What a great job you've done on collecting donations! I know you'll have a great walk on the 16th. Still in training?

Es,
Very cool about getting a bigger place..but remember, it's more to clean!
Your apt. complex sounds very nice. I must have missed it...were you on vacation this week? If so, hope you got to relax.

I've got to go shopping today for more clothes for work so Joe and Joey will be with the boys for a couple of hours. Brandon requested spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, and it's a rainy cool day, so it works for me. Then we'll have a game night this evening.

HI Terri, Sandy, Ruth, Donna, Linda
~Jen
Old 05-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #44  

Jen, game night, spaghetti, meatballs sound perfect for a rainy Saturday. It's raining here as well and man I am glad because we just had lots of Sod laid in our back yard and it needs the water! Have a great weekend.

Es, a bigger place like a resort sounds like a great deal to me! I wish I was closer to you to help you with the move. Moving is a lot of work.

Hello Terri, Sandy, Linda, Dianne and Ruth
Old 05-01-2004, 05:41 PM   #45  

Smile

Donna, you are so sweet. Moving is alot of work. I have 3 months so I'm going to start getting boxes so I can start packing. Since I moved to Long Island this will be my 4th time moving. I love it here so until I can afford to buy a condo this is where I'll stay. Hope your sod gets pleanty of water. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow.

Jen, I need Spring clothes so bad. I just hate shopping. Especially, having to try everything on cause nothing seems to fit right. I always leave the store depressed. Have fun tonight.

One of my neighbors moved & before he left he gave us invitations to a restaurant(Chili's) that he manages. We can bring 8 people! It's their grand opening. I invited David & a friend, my nephew & his wife, my ex bro-in-law & my sister. We have to be there by 2:00 PM tomorrow.

Hasta manana amigas

Hugs,
Es
Closed Thread