Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #16  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Mornin' buddies:

Linda - Congrats on the 2.5 # lost - great job!

Es - I am half boricua and half white girl (Irish). I was raised with my Irish nana and didn't meet my father until I was 25 years old. I guess I picked up the spanish from friends I hung out with growing up, and then married both times to a Puerto Rican.

Sounds like you had a great time at work this week - they treated you well. As for turning 50, I have to say it was one of my best birthdays..........it just went on for days And like Jen says, its only a number. I don't think any of us ever feel our age - I mean its like the shell (your body) changes but your mind stays young - that's how I feel anyway.

Jen - How's the foot? Its really a good thing you got the surgery now since you'll be fine when its time to get into your pool - I know how much you love that. How are Matthew and Brandon?

Donna - How are things? Are you feeling any better? - Hope so.

Terri - Whew - I got tired just reading your post! You are so busy, girl Great news about the deck, etc. Should be so cool in the summer.

Tonight Willie and I are going to see Justin in a play - I don't remember the name, but I'm looking forward to it. We'll probably see Emily (his girlfriend) there too - she's nice. At the beginning of their relationship, Justin shared with us that she had cancer - he didn't go into it, I guess because it bothered him to talk about it - but apparently she's in remission. So sad, she's only 22. I hope she'll be okay. He seems to really love her. They'll both be graduating from Columbia next month. Hard to believe he's graduating from college - and next year it will be Alana Time sure does fly.

Well, I gotta go have and start this day off right I have a cold, so I'm gonna try and rest so I'll be okay to go to the play tonight.

I hope you all have a great day - and I'll talk to you's tomorrow.

Hi to Sandy, Ruthie, ZoeGirl and Janie

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-24-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #17  

Smile

Amiga, we were posting around the same time. I'll reply to your post later.

Love,
Es
Old 04-25-2004, 06:09 PM   #18  

Happy Sunday everyone! I've been very, very busy so I haven't had much "puter" time! But I should be back to normal next week. Hugs to all.......
Old 04-25-2004, 10:47 PM   #19  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi all,
What I thought would be a "normal" visit from Jess, Mike and the boys yesterday ended up being a bit more...
It was the day that my niece JoAnne's ashes were interred in the cemetery...they had a simple ceremony with just her husband, daughters and sisters. Then my niece (her younger sister) Bubba, asked if she could come over. I knew that since my sister, her Mom, is in Arkansas, she really needed the support and hugs, so of course I said yes. Then it ended up being her and her four girls, along with Jess, Mike and the two boys. Then Joey came over also. So I was in heaven ... you know how I love having the house full of family. We bbq'd dogs and brats and burgers, very simple. Had a good visit, today the house is quiet.

Dianne,
Here's hoping that Justin's Emily is healthy and looking forward to a long life. What a trial for someone so young.

Es,
Yes, I'm working full time, but it's 35 hours, with an hour for lunch. I'm getting used to it. I have lots of ironing now!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! tomorrow!!!!

luv,
~Jen
Old 04-26-2004, 08:18 AM   #20  

Es, almost afraid to wish you a Happy Birthday because the LAST time I did, I was mistaken! BUT I see this time I am safe.. so Happy Birthday Es!! May your day be the best because you sure are the best!

Jen, thanks for the comments about my Mother. My Dad and his wife are getting divorced so it's like I have lost another one. However, it's for the best because the two of them are just too independent and I'm not real sure why they got married in the first place. I glad you had so a fun weekend.

Linda, how is the new do? I have gone to the same hair stylist for several years now and each time he cuts it different without realizing it. LOL But, it looks fine to me and I can work with it so I stick with him. Thank you for your comment about my un-worthy post. I do not like to wear my heart on my sleeve too much but I have always been a what you see is what you get kinda person. It's hard to change after 44 years.

Dianne, it is so hard to imagine having two grown kids. I having a 9 year old feel really strange because in actuality I should have grown kids at this point of my life. But, God definately has different plans doesn't He? Thanks for the caring and the sharing.

Glad Zoe will be back. I remember when she built her new house.

Terri, you are a busy gal! This time of the year seems more busy to me now than the holidays for some reason. I guess because the school year is winding down.

Sandy, I hope all is getting better for you.

I feel like I'm missing someone and I'm so sorry.

Starting to feel like myself again and feeling lighter as well. My arm is feeling better too and I think that is what was triggering my depression and with my weight issues. Thank you all again for being so supportive of me.

Donna
Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 AM   #21  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MI AMIGA!!! I hope you have a wonderful day - enjoy!

To the rest of the guys - Hi be back later!

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-26-2004 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:56 PM   #22  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ES!!

Sorry it's so late in the day. I wasn't able to get on while they moved the server.

I hope you enjoyed your special day!!!!

Hi to everyone! I'll try to get back on later!

Hugs....

Last edited by MrsLinda; 04-26-2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:49 PM   #23  

Smile

I really love you all. Thank you for the birthday wishes. I've been stuffing my face the past 2 days. Tomorrow I'll be back on program. Pete bought me an ice-cream cake. I was on cloud nine.

I tried getting in here this morning but the server was down.

Jen, you had a full house. It's nice when the family gets together.

Amiga, how was the play? I loved what you said about the body being a shell & your mind stays young.

Donna, Yes, today is the BIG DAY. My sister left me a message on my phone, she said, "Happy Birthday & welcome to the old crowd" & first thing I thought was you(she) may be feeling old but I feel just as young as I did 10 years ago. Sorry about your Dad & his wife.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Big hugs
Es

Last edited by EsRios426; 04-26-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #24  

Good Morning All...

Es - I absolutely "love" ice cream cakes. I'm glad you enjoyed your day!

Donna - the "do" is doing great!! I love long hair but unfortunately my hair isn't textured for long. Donna, don't even worry about "wearing your heart on your sleeve". Everyone needs a place to vent and this is the place!

Gosh I feel like I've missed so much with the server being down for what, 3 days!

Well I need to run....work today Hi and hugs to all!!
Old 04-27-2004, 01:29 PM   #25  

Hey girls, I just wanted to say hello. I'll be back to chat later.

Ruth
Old 04-27-2004, 07:07 PM   #26  

Evening ladies! I've got the computer all to myself tonight! DH is away tonight so the computer and bed is all mine!!

Donna - I just saw that you have a 9 year old. You and I are alike. My DS is 14 and most women "my age" either have no kids living at home or are grandmothers! But like you said "God must have had a plan". Glad that arm is feeling better too!

Jen - how's that foot doing? Boy you had a housefull this weekend! Sounds like you had a great time.

Dianne - incase I missed it; how was the play? I hope what you said about Emily being in remission is true. Cancer is hard enough when it hits an older person. But 22 years old.....that's just sad. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Terri - What's your point range? It doesn't seem like you eat enough! I try to stay at the low end of my range, but I love to eat! As long as I don't go over I know I'm ok.

Es - You know, it's funny. When I hit 30 I went out with my girlfriends and got blitzed. When I turned 40 Milt and I went out and he surprised me with a party But for some reason, when I turned 50 I got really depressed and wanted to run away for the weekend!! I swear...no lie. I just don't know why that particular age got to me so. But it didn't last. Now, like Dianne said "the shell changes but your mind stays young". Hey...this shell is cracking!! Let's hope my mind stays intact!!

Well, I'm definately going to take advantage of DH not being home. I'm gona run and get into my jammies, turn on the tv in the bedroom, grab my books and listen to QVC and catch up on my reading till I fall asleep; that should take all of 15 minutes.

Have a great evening girls and I'll see you tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:14 PM   #27  

Smile

Linda, I'm having a hard time with this 50 thing. Hopefully I'll get used to it real quick. I'm going to do the same as you. Catch up on my magazines & watch TV. Pete is watching the Yankees in the livingroom.

Hi Ruth

Till tomorrow

Love,
Es
Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 PM   #28  

I have problems every ten years. I had troubles turning 20, 30 and 40. LOL But by the end of my birthday month I'm usually "over it" LOL

I weigh in tomorrow. Wish me

Donna
Old 04-27-2004, 11:43 PM   #29  

Hi guys:

Linda, I too have the computer to myself tonight - willie's at a concert in the city. Sheesh, I hope your shell don't crack too much and your brains don't spill out I've always thought about it that way, that in your mind, you still feel young - we just gotta stay away from those damn mirrors Just kidding! Thanks for the prayers for Emily - its hard to talk to Justin about it - I mean we just say how's Emily, he says fine and we leave it at that - we don't want to pry - if he wants to talk about it he will. She looks healthy.

Es - Amiga, I hope you enjoyed your birthday - ice cream cake is my favorite - YUMMY! Don't worry about 50 - its just a number, ain't no thang You are a vital woman, loving, caring, funny and sweet and that won't change with a new number!

Jen - it must have been nice for you to have your niece over - how are she and her sisters doing? And your sister?

Ruthie!!!! - Glad to see your name back here!

Hi Terri - how are you and the family? Busy, busy?

Hey Donna - glad to hear you're feeling better.

Well, we are still in second place at bowling - we took all 3 games last night. We have 2 weeks to go and next week we play the first place team. I don't think we can catch up to them, but if we stay in second place, we win about $750 each - that would be

Okay, I'm gonna hit the sack now, getting sleepy. I'll talk to you's tomorrow -oh, by the way, does Linda know about the "you's" thing or does she think we don't know how to use proper grammar?

Hi Sandy, ZoeGirl and Janie

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-27-2004 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:03 AM   #30  

Good Morning everyone!

Dianne - I know all about the "you's" thing! I picked up on it immediately when I first came on board! You know Dianne, the mirror is "kind" to me. Good genes. But in all honesty, sometimes the mind is willing but the ole body just can't get in gear. I go to the ortho dr. tomorrow and talk about the replacement of this hip. Wish me luck!

Donna - here's some skinny vibes coming your way today for weigh in!

Es - them Yankees finally won a game!! Is Pete a big fan?

Well time to get moving. Since DH isn't home my little routine is sorta outta wack!

Talk to you all tonight!
Closed Thread