Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 09:20 AM   #61  

Linda, You sound like me. It would be very unlike me to lose ten pounds in one month. I however have no problem gaining ten in a month. What kind of OP helper foods do you get? I would appreciate some help in that department because I gained 4 pounds in two weeks and it has really discouraged me. Glad that the eye exam went well.
Es, I assume we are talking about dogs. We have a cockatiel (along with a cat and dog) that does more things to get my attention then the dog. LOL He will purposely drop some of his seed into his water cup because he knows I will have to come to his cage and clean it out. You ought to see him and my daughter play tag! LOL It's too cute.
Dianne, to your daughter! I hope she had a great day. I absoluely love her name, sounds so much like my Elena.
Terri, what's up with you lately? I wish I could go to a buffet and just eat 2 point items. I guess I should just lock myself in a bubble.
Jen, glad to hear your job is doing so well! I am still having pains in my arm and I just know that it would be beneficial if I received Physical therapy even if the doctor doesn't seem to think I will need it. How is your foot?
Sandy, I am thinking of you and hoping things are looking better for you.
It's a beautiful day out today but still a little on the chilly side. Our trip to Mississippi went good and my mil's surgery went well also. It was a working trip because the sil who was in charge of the party for my mil got sick and I had to do alot which I didn't mind but when you are not in your own house and you have 4 kids who were messing up as soon as you were cleaning up it was difficult! LOL Was glad to be home though and now my other sil who lives in NJ may be coming our way tomorrow night on their way home. So, got a house to clean don't I?
I hope you all have a great day. Keep your chin up Es, Terri, Linda, Dianne, Sandy and others that I have missed.
Donna
Old 04-15-2004, 11:12 AM   #62  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good mornin' girls:

Thanks everyone for Alana's birthday wishes.

Es - We're not yet sure if we're going to the Copa or to LQ (the new Latin Quarter) - but either is fine with her. She just wants to dance her salsa
You know I was thinking about the office manager - I feel bad for her too, but I was also thinking how she got a second chance at life with a new kidney, you'd think she'd be a really nice, happy person. Well, I wish her a speedy recovery anyway.

Terri - I don't know where the years go either - when I first came to work at the University Justin was in kindergarten and Alana was 3 years old! Now, he's graduating from college next month and she turned 21! I'll be here 18 years come November - unbelievable. I also remember Britts being like 13 - holy moly!

Jen - Glad you are liking your new job. Great going on picking up the OP food - I find that to be so important, especially at work. You'll get to that size 14 buddy!

Linda - Too funny about the mold growing on your arm I know, I'm sick of this rain too - but better than snow! Glad to hear your son's exam went well. No, you aren't married to the only Puerto Rican man who can't dance - my first husband was the same and our son took after him, unfortunately. Now, willie and I dance up a storm together. We've been dancing together for 25 years and know each other's moves so well. We even won a dance contest last year at a fund raising event. Our son, Justin was playing at the event, so it was really cool.

Donna - Welcome back, girl - sorry I didn't get the chance to say that earlier. Did you have a good time? Sorry to hear about the pains in your arm.
Thanks for the compliment on Alana's name - you'd be surprised how many people call her Elena - another beautiful name. Alana is Irish and Hawaiian - in Gaelic it is an affectionate term, like honey, sweetheart, etc. As for the Hawaiian part - my SIL nicknamed her Lani years ago and it stuck. That's what most of the family call her. I also call her munch and willie calls her banana - go figure

Hey Sandy - how are things going? Did Greg start his night classes yet? How is he feeling - still seeing a therapist? How are you doing? I'm thinking of you.

Ruthie - where are you???? Same for ZoeGirl and Janie - I miss you guys

The fund raising for the aids walk is going really well - I had to raise my goal again - this time to $1,500 and as of today, I'm about $40 from that goal! Its amazing how generous people have been with this. Its overwhelming!

Okay, gotta get back to work. Talk to you's soon. Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-15-2004 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #63  

Dianne,
I love to hear of kids wanting to spend time with their parents. That is so cool!!! I hope Britts continues to want to. Have fun!!!!!
Congratulations on your goal. Good luck.

Donna,
Your cockatiel sounds so cute. They are smart.
That party sounds so nice. Your MIL sounds like such a nice person to have everyone travel for her.

Linda,
I am so glad to hear about DS's eye. That can be so scary.
I can't lose 10 pounds in a month either except when I first go back. I usually lose around 8 pounds in water the first week. After that month it is like anywhere from .2-3 pounds per week.
My 3 year old mix did the exact same thin as Roxie. He grabs something and it sits by him until one of us comes out into the room and he grabs it and dares us to chase him. He has slowed down in doing this this year. Kind of sad but yet not!! They are so cute you just cannot stay mad at them for long.

Es,
Little Sammy sounds so cute. Bet you can't stay mad too long either. Those eyes must get to you.
I am so glad that you get to exercise again. That should help. That is awful about your office manager. To get a second chance at life is something that should make you a nicer person. Enjoy life more.

I just got done doing the front and 1/2 the back yard. It took 2 hours. I am initiating my 12 yr. old to the lawnmower today. He is excited. Wonder how long that will last? His birthday is Saturday and he is getting a guitar. My husband already bought him a MP3 player and then the guitar came up big time. He is so into Country Music right now. He never asks for much so those will be the 2 gifts from us. He will be a teenager.
He is 5'9" tall right now. I think he will pass up Bruce who is 6'.
Well, I'll talk to y'all later.
Terri
Old 04-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #64  

Good Afternoon all...The Sun is finally OUT!!!

Donna - here's what I call my OP Helpers.

Thomas's Low Carb Bagels - 2pts
Instant Oat Meal - 3 pts
Kudo's or Quaker Granola bars - depending on which ones 2 or 3 pts. I crave sweets often.
Low Fat Yogurt
Low Fat Cottge Cheese with Pineapple
Fresh Fruits
Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
Salt Free Pretzel Mini's

Most of this is for work. There are times when I just have to munch on something and I'll reach for some of the above. I keep this home and bring in measured portions.

gotta run.......hugs!!
Old 04-15-2004, 10:00 PM   #65  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Ok, it's all about THE MIND for me. I have yogurt (2) banana (2) and l.f. graham crackers (2) for breakfast.... a low point lunch for 6/7 points....and never ever think about food when I'm at work. All day long I'm satisfied, never crave a single thing. That means I'm using less than half my points (28 total) all day, yet at dinner and afterward I'm nutso crazy....going way over....dinner and sweets and wine.
So that means it's all mental, right? I don't understand how I can eat well during the day, yet throw it all away once it's later in the day.
I will admit it's been a while since I've been strictly OP. Will have to get used to hunger pangs and determine where and when I need to fit in proteins.
It's surprising, however, to see how well I eat during the day when I'm occupied.

Terri, is it Brandon who's getting into the guitar? Joey got his first one at the age of 16...and was hooked! He still will bring it over and we have fun with him picking out tunes. He's got a collection of them ,they look great on his walls.

Dianne,
You've done a remarkable job of raising pledges for your walk. What is the date for it again?

Donna,
It sounds as though you really had a working vacation! Hope you're getting to relax a bit now that you've returned :lol

Linda,
Glad your son's eye exam went well.

I know there is more to address, but I'm tired....still getting used to working full time after being off for 3 and a half years! My foot is still swollen and fairly sore, but I can feel a bit of improvement each and every day So I know the end is in sight....

Have a great Friday!!!
~Jen
Old 04-16-2004, 08:45 AM   #66  

Talking It's FRIDAY!!!!!

And I'm down 1.5 pounds! I'm on my way!

Jen - Oh I couldn't agree more about the mental thing. I had a very hard time in the beginning when I first started WW obsessing about food. Granted you do get hungry sometimes. But I try now to know the difference between real hunger and "emotional hunger". I try to keep my breakfast 5 or less points with lunch around 6-7. Night time is my killer cause I must have something with coffee after dinner. So I'm really careful during the day not to use up too many of those 27 points.

Terri - Happy Birthday to your son! Ahhhh...another teen boy! My DS is 14 and it's like overnight we loose our babies. Enjoy your weekend!

Dianne - this is your big birthday weekend too! Have you decided where you guys are going?? Where ever it is, have a ball.

I need to run....the boss will be here soon. A big hi to Donna, Es and Sandy!
Old 04-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #67  

Wink

Hi Girls

WOW! So many posts!

Linda, congrats on your loss. WOOHOO Way to go! Is Linda your real name, if you don't mind me asking? Losing weight is a mental thing & so is exercise. If you don't have it in you, no matter what anybody says you just won't do it. You seem to be doing well. Keep up the good work

Amiga, party harty! It's going to be a beautiful weekend. I hope Alana has a great time. I haven't danced Salsa in a while. I have to make Pete dance. I don't know why because he's a pretty good dancer. But, if he has a drink or two, forgetaboutit. I'm the one that has to tell him let's take a break. David on the other hand loves to dance. I usually dance with him. Have fun!

Jen, funny how when we're occupied we don't think of eating unless we hear our tummies grumble. I eat small meals through out the day. At night I crave the sweets.

Hi Terri, Donna, Sandy, Janie, Ruth & Zoe

Have a nice evening.

Love,
Es

Old 04-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #68  

Evening Ladies!

Es - Yes Linda is my real name! Been my name for longer than I care to remember!

Happy Birthday to all celebrating this weekend and have a blast. The weather is going to be just wonderful.

I'll catch up with you all later!

Last edited by MrsLinda; 04-16-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #69  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Cool

Today was my first payday
What a feeling of contributing! I never realized how it affected me until I was off work for a few months. Today was especially sweet, receiving that check.
Then Joe surprised me with margaritas in the yard after work...plus he made a platter of nachos with homemade guacamole okay, not points-conscious, but hearfelt none the less. Dinner was great !
Today was sunny and in the 70's, what a beautiful day!
My job is good, we're heading into the busy season, because vehicle stickers are renewing, but I'm confident it can't be any worse than 24 Christmases in retail lol

Hi to everyone!
~Jen
Old 04-18-2004, 07:38 AM   #70  

Default Sunny Sunday....

Good Morning All... Ah the sunshine. Two whole days now. How glorious! We baptized 25 students yesterday. It was such a nice mass. Next is Communion then Confirmation and then that's it for this year of CCD. I'm pooped!

Dianne - So did we "salsa" the night away? How was the "first drink"? I do hope everyone had a great time. Where did you eventually go?

Terri - And how was your party? Was your son surprised by the guitar? I hope your family had a great time!

Jen - Congratulations on your first paycheck!! Now don't go spending it all in one shot! 24 years in retail; now that was hectic! I worked for Lane Bryant for just a little over a year and while the actual work wasn't bad, the stairs killed me. Up and down, up and down. We had lingere downstairs and the rest up stairs.

A big hi to Es, Donna and Sandy....enjoy the day ladies and I'll see you all later.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:47 AM   #71  

Smile

Hi Buddies

It's quiet here. I guess everybody is enjoying the weekend. I'm going to Jonathan's christening today. He's my nephew's little boy. There's Jonathan 6 mths old & Lil Louie 7 yrs. old. I love them to death. Since my nephew is like a son to me I feel like I'm a grandmother already. He calls me his second mother. His mother is running around like a crazy woman, dating young guys, drinking, partying & has no time for her kids. She's always been wild but at 55 yrs. old she's totally lost it & she won't take advice from anybody. Sad

It's going to be a nice day. I have to tell you I'm back to the weight before all this happened to me. Since I walked into the drs. office I'm down 17 lbs. Now I know whatever I lose will be fat not water. I have to go back to WW's before they dismiss me. They've had me on hold for a little over 1 month.

Amiga, did you dance alot? Let us know how it went. I can't wait to find out.

Linda, enjoy this beautiful day.

Terri, Jen, Sandy, Donna, Janie & Ruth

I think Zoe left us for good. If you're reading this please stop by & let us know how you're doing.

Hugs,
Es
Old 04-19-2004, 08:49 AM   #72  

Default Good Monday Morning!

Oh how I hate Monday's but today the sun is out and it's going to hit the 80's here in NYC!!

So how was the weekend? And all those parties!!! I can't wait to hear about them!

Es - How was the Christening? You sure had a great day for it. Your nephew is so lucky to have a Tia like you with the way his mother acts.

Well everyone this is quick. Monday's are busy and I'm back to my regular schedule of getting in around 8:30. When DS has no school I get in earlier and have some time to myself. But when there is school and I drop him off I'm later.

Have a great day and I'm waiting to hear about those parties!!

Big hi to Donna, Dianne, Terri , Jen and Sandy!!!
Old 04-19-2004, 09:30 AM   #73  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Good mornin' guys:

Whew.......!! I'm still recuperating from saturday night/sunday morn We had a great time - first we had a dinner party for Alana at Lisa's and everybody was there. Then we trooped off to the city to the Copa. Justin and his girlfriend met us there. We had a ball!! We danced so much and Alana's boyfriend Casey, who she had just given a couple of salsa lessons to earlier in the day, well, he even got up there (first he had to have a drink) We had a great time and got home at 6:15 sunday morning It was so funny, Justin's girlfriend, Emily, gave us kind of a backhanded compliment - she said "its so cool that you're able to hang out this late, since usually people of your age don't stay out this late"!!! I wanted to smack her No, but I know she really was trying to compliment us old folks

P.S. for my fellow NY'ers - do go to the Copa if you want a good time - DON"T go to LQ (the new Latin Quater) unless you want to waste tons of money. We were on line and a woman told us that if we wanted a table (which willie had reserved) it would cost us $250 for a bottle of vodka (the cheapest) and actually, since there were 6 of us, we really should order two bottles @ $500!! Can you imagine??? We could'nt so we said no thanks and left. (Well, actually I said ARE YOU KIDDING???!!! AND ARE YOU NUTS???!!! I couldn't hold my tongue!!

Anyway, Alana and Casey went back to school and she told us she had a birthday to remember and really enjoyed the whole dinner/club night. That's all that matters!

Well, I can't address everyone right now, but I'll be back tomorrow (I have bowling tonight so don't think I'll be able to get back here tonight).

Hope everyone has a great day! NY will be having 80 plus degree weather today - I'm gonna get out there at lunch time and walk a little. Talk to you's soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 04-19-2004 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:19 PM   #74  

Amiga, I had a feeling you would wind up going to the Copa. David goes every other week with his "home boys". I hear that place is HOT! I have to go one of these days. I'm glad Alana had a good time & Mom too. I haven't broke night in a very long time. I don't think I can do it. You never mentioned if you like Casey? Is he a nice guy?

Linda, the christening was nice. We left early cause Pete had to work. We were home by 6:30 which was fine with me. I don't hang out late on Sundays. Not when I know I have to work the next day. Did you enjoy today? Wasn't it beautiful? When I got out of work I was debating should I walk or go to Curves. I went to Curves.

I'm a bit tired so I'll make this short. I'll be back tomorrow.

Love,
Es
Old 04-19-2004, 10:48 PM   #75  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say hi. It sounds as though those of you in NY have been enjoying the same type of weather we've had here.....gorgeous!!!

Dianne, glad you had a good time celebrating with Alana.

Es, that water weight is gone! Cool

Linda, CCD really keeps you busy. It must be rewarding for you.

Jess, Mike and the boys will be here this weekend It's been a while since we've just visited with no parties, holidays, etc..I'm looking forward to it.

later,
~Jen
Closed Thread