Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #1  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default Thursday

So I've not got a creative title for today. Sue me.
Old 10-30-2003, 08:52 AM   #2  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Ladies!

I just read through yesterday's posts and it seems that a lot of us miss the comraderie of this place. I personally think it is just because we are all busy in our "real" lives at the moment. I'm only working 32 hour work weeks the rest of the year so I'm a lot busier during my work day than I was.

JenL - enjoy your vacation! I know that it is much needed.

Becky - what did you carve into your pumpkin? I did a skeleton this year.

Belle - what was your conference on? I'm thinking about asking my employer to let me attend an employment law conference but I'm a little afraid to ask because it isn't related to what I do for a living.

KT - I thought you'd finalized on an apartment? What happened with that?

So get this - yesterday for lunch I ate honey lime chicken wings and fries - my points for the day pretty much - dinner was a can of green beans. This morning my home scale showed a lower weight then it has since I was 20 years old. I'd like to think that eating fries is what caused the drop in the scale ('cuz then I could eat them everyday) but I'm guessing it was eating my biggest meal during the day rather than the evening. Something to think about.

Yesterday I did Firm 5Day Abs and Firm Body Sculpt. This morning I walked 6 miles and tonight I have yoga class. This weekend I have a 3.5 mile walk and an ST session to get in plus one rest day.

I have an eye dr. appt. and a hair cut scheduled for tomorrow. Tomorrow night we're going to a costume party for Halloween. Nothing going on Saturday but that is just fine because my grandparents arrive for a 2 day visit on Sunday.

O.K. ladies. That's my missive for the day. I promise to check back for your posts and to write responses. Now come out and play! Don't forget to tell us all about your weekend plans!
Old 10-30-2003, 10:08 AM   #3  

Hi laura-I am here! Sounds like you are doing really well on the weight loss-I need to get back into exersize-I think that will help me...your post has motivated me! So, the baby is 11 1/2 weeks old-I start work this coming tueday. I think in terms of my eating, it will help to be back at work b/c i'll ahve less opportunity for snacking. I'll also have time to go to the gym (hopefully) before I pick Sara up from daycare on the days that i work 1/2 day. This weekend I am taking the baby home to my mom's in NY-we are going 'trick or treating' (aka show her off in her cute costume) at various relatives' and friends' houses. Other than that, i have been in a flurry of preparation for returning to work. Getting the car serviced, getting my old car sold, things like that. my eating has been on track for the past three days in a row but i am not expecting much at WI tonight-hopefully i've maintained. I just need to keep the healthy eating trend going! Hi to all!
Lori
Old 10-30-2003, 02:25 PM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - I too have an easier time not snacking when I'm working. Sounds like fun with your family this weekend. What will Sara be for Halloween?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:45 PM   #5  

Hi girls!

I haven't left you, I always read the posts, but since I am not watching what I eat, I don't usually have much to say.

I am almost 30 weeks pregnant now, have gained only 11 pounds which is great (I already had an extra 15 lbs pre preg to lose).

I am going to head out for a little walk now. my office is getting hot, and it makes me miserable.

that is abou it for me....just didn't want you to think I had left ya!
Old 10-30-2003, 03:09 PM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Afternoon! Yes, just incredibly busy at work and no internet at home has been keeping me away. I had an apartment but just before we removed the final subjects we found out that they had not disclosed some information. They told us they had redone the entire building envelope but it turned out they only did about 40%. It made me not trust them so I took my offer away. I have my eye on a cheap place that needs about $10,000 in renos but the renos would make it perfect for me and add about $30,000 to the value. I just have to decide if I want to do the work or not. ANyway, I'm in appointments all afternoon so I'd better get some lunch in me first. I always check in!!

KT
Old 10-30-2003, 03:55 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Tonya! It is always great when you check-in. Hope that you enjoyed your walk. It is about 70 and breezy out today - I'd love to be outside for awhile.

KT - Sorry the first apartment didn't work out. I can't imagine taking on a place that needs renovation - I am so totally untalented in that arena - I'm impressed that you have the skills!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:42 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

I'll do a quick check-in too!

I haven't had time to post as I'm away from my desk this week and half of next... I promise, I'll be back with a vengeance once things slow down! Currently I'm trying to work up the motivation to get myself to do the pilates video I've got when I get back home tonight - this is why the gym works better for me! If I go straight to the gym, I get my workout done before I walk through my apt door and see the couch staring at me! But I've decided to try and get more pilates/yoga type activities in, so I've got to get my act in gear.

Laura - 40 hours of work in 32 hours/week? That's got to be tough!

Lori, Tonya, KT - good to see you posting!

Gotta go again ....
Old 10-31-2003, 05:32 PM   #9  
Eve's Mom

I think my Halloween goal is not gonna happen! part of the prob is I've been so sick I haven't been exersizing! Plus, my gym membership expired,and we are moving buildings in 6 weeks so i'll be far from my gym (too far for lunch workouts). I will check out other venues closer to my building...hopefully I can find one!

Plus, I found out we can write off workout videos! You gusy seem to like the Firm tapes, so I think I'll try those. Please post the videos you think are worth the $$$!!

Belle
Closed Thread