Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 08:33 AM   #1  

Default thin thursday

I thought I would start today's thread since I'm on here and if I don't I won't get a chance to post.

Late birthday wishes to lynnie!!

I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm trying to get my husband to help me get my 9 month old daughter to sleep in her bed and it is not working. He doesn't want to let her "cry it out" and I don't really want to either, but I want my bed back more !! He has gave in two nights in a roll and that has just made it worse. So we are all still in our bed. Does anyone have an experiences with this? She was sleeping in her bed and then she had an ear infection for 2 months that we couldn't get rid of (she now has tubes) and that got her in our bed because she was screaming every night for 2 and 3 hours.

Well, just wanted to check in. I will try to post later today or tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:15 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Crystal... Let her cry it out. We had that problem with our first daughter. She was sick and started sleeping with us, then it came time for her to go back and she wouldn't. We started with short periods, I think 20 minutes, then comfort her. Keep letting the time get longer and soon she will be OK. I think it took a couple days and she finally got the picture she needed to sleep in her bed. Also, do you have one of those Fisher Price Aquariums to hang on the crib. They are wonderful. We need to get a new one because ours from DD#1 broke. DD#2 is 5 months now and sometimes needs something to get her sleepy. Good Luck.

I am still tired and in one of those "I hate work" moods. Oh Daycare said my girls did well on their pics together, who knows how they did alone tho. Tonight is swim class for Emma and she is all excited again. And we realized that we go on vacation in 30 something days. We are excited!!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Hi all,

I ended up having a kind of early relationship talk with my bf last night as in we started talking at 11 and finished at 1 am. We actually cleared the air on some stuff. We discussed our pasts a bit more and seemed okay with mine (I hope he's okay, I've made mistakes). I guess I am at a point now I just fully trust him and feel comfortable telling him stuff like that. He was slightly drunk too so often it's easier just to talk in those situations.

Crystal: how have the tubes helped your daughter? I've never understood exactly what they did. I never had to get them, but I was plagued with ear infections as a child (I still get them). Good luck with this weining period of sorts.

Jen: I told my mom the idea for getting a family portrait done for her and my dad's 30th anniversary and she was ecstatic by that idea. She's had to tell my brothers they have to stick around in december kind of deal. So the daycare got them to take a pic of Emma and Kate together as well? That's awesome.. How big is their daycare?

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-25-2003, 10:42 AM   #4  

Ali, our daycare is about 30 kids, separated in age groups. Kate is in Babyland, Emma is in the 2's, but in Oct. she turns 3. Right now they are very low on kids. There used to be a 2 1/2 age group, but there are no kids in it at the moment because of low numbers for that age. There are a ton of new daycares that start at age 2, because age 0-2 require special certifications. So I think that, combined with more parents staying home with kids, makes the low numbers. We have been in this daycare since Emma was a baby.

I was hyping up Emma for a couple of days about how she had to help her sister get her pics taken, so maybe that helped. Also, she loves her sister. Rarely have a problem, unless Emma wants mommy time and I am holding Kate. But then she just tells me to have daddy hold Kate, or I hold them both on my lap.
Old 09-25-2003, 11:04 AM   #5  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning Crystal, Jen, Ali

I had to get to work early this morning, which actually wasn't too hard. If only I could change my schedule every day... I'd love to be done with work around 4 or 5 instead of the 6:00 that I'm here to every day. Oh well, new training class is coming in and I have interviewed for another position (that I STILL haven't heard anything about) so that may change things. Also went out with my roommate last night to play pool - ladies night means free pool!

Crystal - good luck with getting your baby to sleep in her own bed!

Jen - where are you going on vacation?

Ali - that's great that you had the relationship talk with your BF

And I skimmed the posts from yesterday but remember nothing, so i'll just say "hey" to everyone else
Old 09-25-2003, 11:29 AM   #6  

Angie... Where else... Disney World. First time with kids. We are excited. We LOVE Disney. Last year we went to CA and went to Disneyland for the first time. We also honeymooned in Disney World. It was great. We know quite a bit about it. I also read the tell all book Married to the Mouse about the corruption and lies, and still LOVE the place!

Wow, it is quiet here today. I feel like I am monoploizing the board!
Old 09-25-2003, 11:43 AM   #7  
Started IP 1/8/13

Jen - Sorry I forgot about the Disney World craziness! That should be an excellent time especially with the kids! I've only been once, on a high school band trip. It was the year they had some kind of birthday celebration, and the castle was all pink and decorated like a birthday cake. I was not happy - it was pretty gaudy, and I wanted to see the REAL castle!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 PM   #8  

Angie, I agree that the pink castle was not a wise choice. Emma loves the Princesses. Her b-day is Oct 29 and we leave Nov. 1. Also our 5th Wedding Anniv. is Nov. 7. So we are celebrating 2 events while there. Emma wants a princess b-day party too and I am going to try to make a castle cake. We aren't doing the party until we get back tho.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:23 PM   #9  

Default Good morning

Greetings everyone - sorry I have't posted in awhile - been very busy at work - trial and all - have also been eating like crazy - late nite junk food - aaccccckkk! There goes that loss Oh well -

Lynnie - Happy late birthday

Crystal - it sounds like your daughter is having a pretty tough time right now Did you check with your doctor???

Hi Ali, Jen and Angie - hope all of you are having a good day

Have got to get back to work but just wanted to check in

Faith
Old 09-25-2003, 01:29 PM   #10  

Faith- yes, the doctor gave her some ear drops. She slept fine last night, IN OUR BED!! I'm having problems getting my husband on board.

Ali- the tubes go in the eardrum and allow all the fluid that has built up behind it to drain out. I think that is what happens anyway.

Hey to jen, and star!!
Old 09-25-2003, 01:33 PM   #11  
Divine Gal

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Its a very slow day for me.

*hugs*
lynnie
Old 09-25-2003, 01:37 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Morning ladies. I had the worst night in the world. I was fine, went to bed and woke up an hour later because I couldn't breathe through my nose and my throat was KILLING me. So now I'm at work (cause there's no one to cover for me) and I'm drinking tea and juice and hoping to get some relief. I went shopping last night and bought new shoes. Boots with a heel and a pair of heels. Shoe shopping is fun when I don't want to start buying new clothes.
Crystal - I hope everything works out with your little one. My brother's kids still don't spend the entire night in their own bed and they're 3 and 6
Jen - there's not a lot of "baby" daycares up here because we have a one year parental leave that lets a parent stay at home with the little ones. It sounds like you have a really good daycare.
Ali - Isn't funny all the conversations you have when you are about to move in together? I'm glad you had a good chat.
Angie - I agree, I'd rather finish earlier than later. Good luck with that job!
Hi Faith! Evil late night junk food. It must be banned.

OK, back to get some work done. It will be so much fun when I start my new job and don't have to worry about people reading over my shoulder.
KT
Old 09-25-2003, 02:19 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Jen: Wow, I am suprised at the amount of spaces in daycares where you're at. While I don't think there's too bad of a shortage here, I think some people still have to call around.

KT: I know... we had the kids discussion... he wavers on it... but he knows my bottom line on the issue (I want them).... Actually we had a ton of discussions last night... I guess we're past the initial holdback period and feel free-er to talk now.

Crystal: Thanks!

Faith: bad nights happen, just remember today is a new day!

Angie: An 8-4 schedule is sweet. I am thinking of doing a compressed schedule though soon and getting a day off every three weeks.

Lynnie: congrats on making your mini-goal

Take care!

Ali
Old 09-25-2003, 03:04 PM   #14  

Ali, it shocks me too because our daycare always had huge waiting lists. Even when I was PG with Kate I wasn't totally sure I would get a spot, but because Emma was already there, I got bumped to the top of the list. Not sure what the deal is with the low numbers now except that many churches are now offering daycare for age 2 and above. And our daycare is at a church, but not the one we attend. BUT, the gradeschool we plan to send Emma to is building a daycare addition which will also have an afterschool program. So we are pretty sure we will switch to that one when Emma starts school.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:15 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/8/13

Hey all

Okay just got news on the job - didn't get it. So I'm still here with the same schedule doing the same things. Apparently I'm qualified, but they chose someone with experience in exactly the right area. So I'm still looking for job postings ... oh well.

Day care around my hometown is crazy too by the way. A lot of the babysitters are out of the home, and get reported for having too many children and not enough licensed caregivers per child. So they have to shut down or turn away some of their regulars - which makes it harder for parents to find a good babysitter.
Closed Thread