Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:39 PM   #1  
Super Surfer

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 - 60 year olds #230

That's better... see you all later on.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:04 PM   #2  

G'day all,

Thank you Trudy, I meant to start a new thread yesterday when my post landed on page 3 but got interupted by visitors.

It is very early here (5.45am) and I cannot sleep, lots to do.

I got my business cards yesterday and they are sooooo good I am quite thrilled. I was a little worried, I had ordered 500. The printers rang me a couple of times to clarify a few things. DH was surprised that I wasn't getting a sample before going ahead with the 500. All in all I was keeping my fingers crossed that they would be exactly how I had designed them.
I am very pleased and felt very proud when they asked who designed them and I could say 'MOI'
We also received news from our tax accountant yesterday and we will receive a very healthy tax refund
The 7 months I worked in Sydney last year, I receive all of the tax I paid back!
Now this has totally changed my schedule for whilst I am in Sydney , I'll be able to have a bit of a spend-up without feeling guilty.

May not get a chance to post whilst I am in Sydney but I will certainly try.

I have attached my business card but it is so much better in 'real'. Pity I cannot pop around and show you in person!!
All the 'blue' people amongst us have to be impressed!

Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 09-19-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:52 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Maria: a great card. You are very clever. What a nice surprise to be getting tax money back. so haave a great time in Sidney.:

Well Isabel did her damage. My DD and SIL had problems with trees down on their house, and trees across their driveway, but fortunately their cars escaped damage. so many people without power and now telephones. She finally called us today, on her cell phone, and earlier they couldn't even call out on the cell.
Millions of people without power. The other DD lives in Baltimore and there was a lot of flooding there, but fortunately, not where she lives. God is good. They were spared a lot.

We watch Dr. Phil every day, and the thirteen also include about 5 men I think. Each person with a specific type of eating problem and I believe the main focus will be for people to begin to not only change their eating habits, but to also learn about the inner self, and why they eat.

Marnie: Glad you are feeling better.

Slavika: How great a trip to Maui. What fun to havae that to look forward to.

Hi Trudy, Peggy, Karen. Hope all is well with you. Ann
Old 09-19-2003, 10:41 PM   #4  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

Maria I thought I would give you a break, you always end up starting the new threads. What were you doing up at 5:45 am? Your business card is really striking. You are a clever gal. Have fun in Sydney spending all your $$$$.
Ann I am glad to hear neither of your daughters weren't hurt by the hurricane Isabel. The satellite that showed that huge hurricane was really daunting. I would have hated to be in its path. I find it interesting how we view the parts of the world others live in. We think nothing of snow storms and cold weather, but are terrified of hurricanes, earthquakes, poisonous snakes etc. We sit back and watch the news and say we are lucky to live where we are. I am sure you do the same thing and thing we are nuts to live here. Of course, we do get tornados occasionally, although I must say I have never seen one or had one anywhere near us. I am sure you were worried about your daughters until you got their calls. You are right, God is good.
I have got to watch Dr. Phil and see what this is all about. I spent the day going through drawers, getting rid of a lot of stuff I don't want or need anymore. It is amazing what we have accumulted.
Slavika are you still working hard on your house...how is the painting coming? Your kitchen is just beautiful, when you are done with all the re-decorating inside and out, it will be so warm and cozy. You have good taste.

My little can pull herself up to a standing position, then she tries to let go, falls, gets annoyed, and pulls herself up again. She also cut her first tooth yesterday.. so cute. We took my DD and out to lunch yesterday. It was just great spending the better part of the day with them.

We are hoping we can get rid of the last big pieces of furnitue tomorrow. A furniture auctioneer is supposed to come by later in the day. I will be so glad when that is over. I really don't want to go back to that building anymore. One day at a time...

Have a great weekend everyone.. bye
Old 09-20-2003, 10:16 PM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Default And Im a geek???? :)

Moving here as geek girl takes a few days off and doesnt know where to go

Maria: Your new card is awesome! Love the design! Have fun in Sydney. All tho Im sure you are gone by now.

Ann: So glad to hear no one was hurt my the hurricane. It was pretty bad from the news reports I saw. Your vacation sounded fun!

Trudy: It is weird how we all think of things. Im from Earthquake counrty and they dont faze me. But I would be terrified of a Hurricane or a tornado. Been tho the snow thing and I hate snow with a passion
Little angel is growing to fast! Already pulling her self up. No time she will be walking. Your doing good cleaning out your Mom's Place. Soon it will be over. I dont blame you for not wanting to go back. Im sure this is all very hard on you.

Karen: Im with you I want all the comforts of home to. But 32 ft? Thats pretty big to drag behind.

Peggy: Sounds like you have been so busy. Glad your bug didnt stay for to long.

Marnie: I havent read Dr Phils book, but I hear its pretty good. I have only seen his show a couple of times, I liked his approach tho.

Slavika: Oh Boy Maui again for you! Bet you are excited! Doing all that you are to your house it sounds like a big job. But it sounds like it is coming along. Your gonna love it even more when its done. I love my house to and dont ever want to move. We look at houses all the time cuz I just like to look. Specailly at the ones I know I would never be able to afford They are the funniest. But it also gives me ideas of what I want to do to mine.

Well Im back from Vacation. This week was alot better than the last. Had a really good time in Lake Tahoe. Spent to much money and also went out to our Favorite resturant there. And ate way to much, but it was so good. I got there dessert that is thier specality. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm. Dont even want to know the points so Im just gonna say it was 0. This is the second time I have had it in 10 years so I think 0 applies Sides I had Grilled Halibut for the main meal, makes up for it dont you think ?
Scale doesnt think so, but who cares what it thinks! Back on track today!

Later!

Last edited by LilyG; 09-20-2003 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2003, 12:48 AM   #6  

Hi all,

Maria Your card is beautiful. Blue is really good have fun shopping!

Lily good to see you back. Glad you had a nice time on vacation. Will you go back to work Monday? That is the only bad thing about vacations they always come to an end

About that 32 ft camper. First off we would just pull it to a place to stay for a long peroid of time. Like at least a month. So we wouldn't be driving all the time. Second I really don't see it happening We will more than likely rent until we make up our mind as to whether or not we even like going south for the winter. MY D-I-L had already informed me that I will have to take my G-D (she is 4) with because no way she can live for a winter with out us being right across the street. The child drops in for breakfast most day's when we are home and she is not in pre school.

Trudy, I can't beleive you little
is pulling her self up. She can't possibly be that old already. Seems like just yesterday she was born. Time sure does fly.

Ann that storm was awful. Glad to hear your family members made it through it ok. Must be an awful thing to go through. never have been in one myself. Even the 3 years we lived in Panama when I was a kid I don't remember any Hurricane. I remember lots of rain but no damage like the picture we've been seeing.

I did buy Dr. Phil's book. And am reading it. I was surprised to see his name on the protien Bars and diet supplements and shakes. Wasn't sure what to make of it all. I did try one of the bars. The chocolate peanut butter one. A have only one word to say YUK Won't be eating that again. But I do like the way he tells it like it is. No beating around the bush with him. And some times people just need to hear what needs to be said. No matter what the topic.

We are having a Birthday Party for my Mother tomorrow she is 77, I think that calls for cake!

Will be back tomorrow
Karen
Old 09-21-2003, 01:01 PM   #7  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
I saw Trudy 's little and she is just the sweetest little baby you could ever see. She's blond with these HUGE blue eyes~~~~~no wonder she has her Grandma wrapped around her tiny finger.
Lily sounds like your holiday was wonderful. I would like to go to Lake Tahoe one day. I know that a lot of the "rich and famous" hang out there from time to time. You didn't happen to run into TOM did you?? LOL
Maria you did a wonderful job in designing your business card. The lighter shade of blue in parts of your card is about the colour of my new kitchen counter.
I guess you have already left for your holiday in Sydney. Hope you have a great time.
Karen how is your Dad making out with his treatments? DH and I are hoping that when he retires that we will buy a mobile home in one of the senior parks. We would not of course be travelling with it. I think they are about 60 feet long, and about 14 feet wide. You can also get a double wide. We would like a 2 bedrrom, 2 bathrooms so that when family and friends come to visit (and I certainly hope they do) that we would have a guest room. I think I have told you gals before that we went to visit an Aunt & Uncle in Weslaco, Tx in one of the parks there and had a great time with them. The park they were in is getting a bit old now, but there are so many in the same area. We are not even certain that we want to be in Texas. We would like to check out Calif. and Florida too. We would rent at first too, just to make sure that is where we want to be and what we would like to do with our retirement years (well at least the winter months). We would still like to make trips to Maui, but we would not be able to afford to stay there for months on end. We might go for a couple of weeks now and again. I don't think Maui even has any Senior Parks.....course I never really looked for any. I'm so happy we are going to Hawaii again this year. Last winter seemed to go on for ever and it was so COLD. Next winter I think we will investigate some of the senior parks in our states.
DH and I got the garage finished. The painter came yesterday to start on the outside of the house and about two hours later it started to rain so that was the end of that. I really like the white and forest green colours together. It looks fresh and bright. I was going to put up shutters on either side of one of the garage windows but I bought them too long and can't find any shorter ones. Hi Marnie, Ann and Peggy
hope you gals are fine and having a nice weekend. Talk to you soon. Bye now.
Old 09-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #8  
Member Florida Chick

All you gals will just have to come to Swiss Village. We have homes for rent and for sale all the time. There are also many other Senior parks around here. Wouldn't we all have fun?:

Haven't heard from my DD again, but hope to make contact today.

Slavika: your house project sounds like it is coming along very well.

Trudy: Dr. Phil will be doing his weight thing, on Mondays, I believe. Can't believe your is growing so fast.

Karen: I'm sure you could find just the rental you want right in our area, without having to tow anything if you don't want.

Lily: I'm going to have a great dessert on Tues. as that is my B-day and whatever I have will not have any points either.

Marnie: Have you read all of Dr. Phils book? I hope I can get a copy when we go to Sams Club. But we watch regularly. I'm looking forward to see what has happened with all the candidates that have been together for this past week.

Peggy: Hope you have had a restful weekend.

Maria: Also hope that you have found many wonderful bargains for all your $$$.

'See" you tomorrow. Ann
Old 09-21-2003, 03:47 PM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Ann
I was thinking that those 13 people will likely succeed with their weight loss program, not so much because they will hear something they haven't heard before, but because they will be on national TV and I understand that there will be a camera even in their homes. That would sure be a BIG incentive to do well (or eat all your meals in the bathroom behind closed doors). I like Dr. Phil, I think he has a lot of common sense, and just tells it like it is. Can you even imagine being one of those 13 people and trying to come up with a reason why you didn't lose any weight that week and telling THAT to Dr. Phil. LOL I will try to remember to tape his show on Monday's.
I hope your family continues to ok after Hurricane Isabel. My goodness it caused a lot of grief to so many people. Just watching it on TV is terrifing enough.
You know Ann you may end up with all us "dollies" living in your neck of the woods. hee hee
Old 09-21-2003, 10:16 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

That would be great. We'd have our own 'Dolly club' : Ann
Old 09-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #11  

Maria I know you are away but I really like your card. It is colorful and eyecatching. It shows your creativeness-I know you will do well cause you are so full of knowledge. Have fun in Sydney.

Trudy the is growing. Hard to believe that she is getting so big. I bet she is a cutie.

Slavika you will have to check out Ann's park. It sounds like so much fun. And you get to go to Hawaii again this year. I am jealous. Pretty soon your house is going to be brand new with all the work you are doing.

Karen I hope your dad is doing okay. How far along is he in his treatments?

Ann glad that your family made it through the storm. I watched The Perfect Storm with some friends the other night. I was seasick just sitting on the sofa.

Marnie what is going on with you?

Lily are they calling you the geek girl? Glad that you had a good time in Tahoe. That dessert whatever it was must have been good. I agree with the 0 pts.

I live in tornado country and they scare the heck out of me. Have had them hit on the street and other places close by. We were in Cancun once and a hurricane was heading straight for it. The winds were unreal-could hardly stand up. It was on the day we were leaving and we were lucky and got the last plane out. There was a lot of cheering on that plane. Could live without being in an earthquake too.

I missed all the Dr. Phil hoopla. Just saw about 5 min of the show before the people were picked. I wonder how they all will do. I will have to remember to watch or tape it. I wouldn't want to be the one who gained and have to tell him. Didn't realize that he had the nutrition bars and stuff. To me those things are either tasteless like cardboard or like a candy bar.

Nothing exciting is going on here. I changed my internet provider today and have been playing with that. I forgot to save my bookmarks and it is taking a while to remember what they were.

See you all later,
Old 09-22-2003, 10:31 PM   #12  

Peggy and All My Dad is doing well. i really think his attitude has much to do with it. He is being so possitive about the whole deal.

My Moms party went really good yesterday. We had lots of fun even the kitchen clean up was a blast. It's nice that my Daughter is willing to put up with all gang. But she is what I call a party person. Can put one together in 2 minutes flat.

Finally got some deap cleaning done today. Threw out piles of stuff that was just plain in the way.

Peggy I hope you got all your bookmarks back . I hate changing anything having to do with the internet. Always cause me to want to scream becuse it take me for ever to get it all running smooth again.

Karen
Old 09-23-2003, 09:55 AM   #13  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: No I didnt run into Tom He must not like to hike

Ann: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peggy: That dessert was good. It was a Chocolate Lava Cake. I figured it had to be at least 20 pts

Karen: Glad your Dad is doing so well. Attitude really is everything and helps alot.

No time to really post. Back to work and have so much to do to get caught up

Later!
Old 09-23-2003, 11:39 AM   #14  
Net browser

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN

Enjoy your birthday cake. LOL
even Dr. Phil says you get to eat cake on your birthday!
Have a wonderful day.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANN! Hope it's a great day for you!

I watched Dr. Phil yesterday, too. I think he's psyching the 13 out to see if they're really ready to change their lives. I'm sure some leaders will emerge, but basically, we all have to be our own leader and follow our choices.

My sister will be here on Friday. She and her DH are flying up to spend about 10 days. While they're here we'll celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. It was in June, but we'll celebrate in MN while they're here.

Karen: our leader told us how "great" Dr. Phil's bars are. Thanks for the warning!

Gotta get back to work.

Marnie
Closed Thread