Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 05:35 AM   #16  

I have some other friends doing the SBD and WW together....if I get the book I want to look into it too!

Fatigue and pain here..the weather I think..rainey and cool!
Old 10-15-2003, 12:57 AM   #17  

Default hi

hey niteowls???!!! where is everyone??!!!

candicej- tomorrow is d-day or should i say weigh day. i think i did good on my first week of the sbd. i found lots of people on here doing sbd and ww successfully. the thing i like most so far is i'm not hungry all the time.

have a happy humpday!!!
kathy
Old 10-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #18  

Default Hi Everyone

I finally got a chance to get in here, Yippee!! I am still not OP but have plans to take the plunge soon, lol!!

Hi Kathy,

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, could you fill me in on the sbd a bit, I think I have heard of it but I don't know anything about it, sounds interesting though.

Hi Candice,

OOOHHHH I just love chocolate chip cookies, very scrumptious. I hope your aches and pains have went away, we are having a lot of damp weather around here too.

See Ya
Bren
Old 10-19-2003, 02:09 PM   #19  

Default hi

hey niteowls! sorry it took so long to reply. it's been a hectic week. i lost 2.5 on my first week of the sbd/ww plan. i went astray so i am happy with those results.

bren- the sbd is similar to atkins except after the first 2 weeks(called phase 1) you incorporate good carbs back in. phase 1 "detoxes" you from sugar cravings from sweets, white processed flour stuff, etc... i really like it and i'm not hungry at all.
i hope you do well with your plunge!

have a good week!
kathy
Old 10-23-2003, 11:14 AM   #20  

hey nite owls! did you all fall off your limbs??? i hope you fly back soon.

i lost 1lb this week. i think i would do much better with this sbd if i had a little more will power. i have absolutely none. something to work on i guess.

have a good thurdsay!
kathy
Old 10-26-2003, 05:18 AM   #21  

I feel like I fell off a limb! Eating has not been so good this week Too many sweets and that makes my pain flare and the scale flare too
Old 10-27-2003, 07:29 PM   #22  

The dog had a big mess this AM and she had to have another bath. But her spirits are up and she is eating well.......

Was gonna get going on Christmas stuff (organizing my gifts that have to be mailed this year) but didn't get around to it.

I'm gonna go walk the Tm after I eat since DH works late tonight. Eating my WW soup to get back on track and hoping it will help me feel better pain wise. This darn cold is the culprit along with to much sugar! I want to bake so bad..it warms me up and makes me feel really good all over, my creative side comes out and then I have to try everything! I'm fighting with myself to bake or not..so just posting my thoughts!
Old 10-29-2003, 12:59 AM   #23  

Default hi

hey there! tomorrow is weigh in and i know i've done just awful. i too am having a really hard time eating junk. don't know why, just no willpower i guess.

candicej- i hope your poochie keeps eating well. that is a good thing. just keep giving the loving and that is will make her happy.
i baked brownies the other nite for someones bday at work.what a disaster that was. for me that is. of course i had to have some. like i said above what a bad week. we have to think positive and get back on track.

kathy
Old 10-31-2003, 07:04 AM   #24  

Okay this was a bad week, my pain has been pretty bad, my eating has not been so good, the water softner and rust filtering system on our well is not working, several light switches are not working properly, including the motion lights outside due to lightning, the washer is making a funny noies, the dishwahser is going capote (sp) and the ice maker is having problems and DH does not want to do anything about it! and.........the dog had another bad spell and couldn't pull out of it so I had to take her in Thursady and put her to sleep WE had her for 17 years and Ihave been nursing her around the clock since July cause DH refused to let me take her in.
Finally he said yes when he realized she could not get up anymore. The vet had trouble finding a vein so after 3 tries he gave her a tranquillizer shot and then injected her heart to stop it..it was not a pleasent experience But she is not suffering anymore and I do not have the back breaking job of caring for her...I loved every minute of it but my body would not take anymore. So we lost a cat, the fish and a dog this year and have 3 cats left. I spent all day cleaning up the room in the basement where she stayed and packing up all her stuff to give away. Now maybe I can finish my fall yard work if my body holds up!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:40 AM   #25  

I got some rest and that means I did not get any outside work done Still having quite a bit of pain even though the temps are warmer it is very damp here. Monday is cleaning day and we have an electrician coming finally to fix some things. So I have to be up early..I hate that I like to wake up when I do... not set an alarm! I cry everytime I go down to the dogs room on the way to the cats room. I know it will take time, she was with us so long.

Eating has been good the past few days but baking days are coming!
Old 11-05-2003, 03:19 AM   #26  

My eating has been good for the past few days, eating peanuts and raisins instead of any "junk" but staying within pts.

Cleaning yesterday really made me hurt but I'm better today, just had to rest. So damp and cold here, not looking forward to winter at all and I'm sure not going to see Siwa and her snow

Haven't dug any Christmas gifts out yet but am working on my cards. I really want to start baking now too...ut ooooooooooo
Old 11-06-2003, 12:22 AM   #27  

Default hi

hi candice- seems like we are the only niteowls hooting lately.
i am very sorry to hear about your poochie. my prayers are with her! it sounds like you deserve to rest up before you tire yourself out. tomorrow is another day.

i had my weigh in today and did excellent this week. i lost 3.5 lbs..whoopee! i have a renewed vengeance. so onto another good week.

take care!
kathy
Old 11-07-2003, 01:17 PM   #28  

Default hi

hey niteowls! having a great day
Old 11-08-2003, 04:10 AM   #29  

Good job Kathy!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your thought on my Pooch! I miss her but I know she is better off....

I made this tonight, yummy! No leftovers to tempt you

adapted from Cooking Light Aug 1997
Cobbler for two
quick and easy to put together!

1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c sugar (I used splenda and it was great)
1/2 tsp baking powder (not soda)
dash of salt
1/4 c skim milk
4 tsp reduced calorie stick margarine melted (used brummel&brown in a
tub and it worked great)
cooking spray
1 c fresh berries (blue/raspberry/blackberry) (I used frozen) or other fruit (peaches
are divine)
my addition: dash or two of your favorite spice (nutmeg or ginger are
nice)

1. preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well. Add milk and
maragrine stirring just until the flour mixture is moist. Divide batter
evenly between 2 (10 oz) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Top
each with 1/2 c fruit.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and fruit
topping is bubbly.

Yield: 1 - 2 servings

with splenda - 4.5 points for entire recipe ( fiestaware cereal bowl
works ) or
4.25 points for 1/2 recipe made with sugar.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:56 PM   #30  

Default hi

hi there! i wondered what happened to my last post. i was having a great day but i went on to explain. it must have gotten lost in cyberspace.

i am becoming a day owl i guess. i took a temporary day job. i am tired of working 2nd shift. it was great when my when i was with my last boyfriend for 2years because he worked the same, but now that he's way out of the picture i don't like nites anymore.

i seem to be on a roll with my eating. i am still losing according to my scale. i have to start weighing in on monday nites now so i get 2 weigh ins close together. just got back from a brisk walk and boy was it chilly.

candice- that recipe sounds absolutely yummy. and it's great for me because i only have to cook for me so not too much left over. thanks for sharing.

well, i'm off to my part time job. have a great week!
kathy
Closed Thread