Old 04-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Question Dreaming at night...

Hi, I remembered I don't think I introduced myself. I am Raelynn, I'm almost 24, single mom to a beautiful 3.5 year old little girl and I live in Western Canada. I work fulltime as a Quality Analyst and am on day 13 of induction (woohoo!). I have tried SO many different "diets" and chose Atkins because it's something I can actually stick with.

My question is about dreaming at night. For the last week, every single night, all I dream about is eating fattening and junky food! And I have to wake up in the morning and think really hard to make sure it was just a dream. I'm not craving bad food during the day, so I have no idea why I am dreaming about it every single night. Maybe because I am so focused on my goals right now? Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just weird? lol
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 10:55 AM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

Raelynn,

That happens to me from time to time, and ALWAYS in the dream I am surrounded by Krispy Kreme donuts and I am just eating them!! Once i had a dream I was in that room in the movie Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory, the room made of all candy and had the chocolate river (although in the dream I stayed away from the river I didn't want to fall in and get sucked into the pipes like Augustus!!! ) But I don't crave to much either so I think it is just wanting what you can't have subconciously.

Great to have you post and nice to meet you, jump in on any threads and ask any questions you need to!!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #3  
on my way down again

HI Raelynn, Nice to meet you. This is a diet related dream: I started the Atkins' Diet due to a dream I had. My older sister who lived in Tigard, Oregon, suddenly passed away one night in 1993 from undetected congenital heart problems. In 2000, I had a dream she came to visit me. Even in my dream, I knew she had died and I was so glad to see her. I hugged her, and she said she didn't have time to stay, but said "You've got to take care of yourself!" We hugged a bit more and I cried. Then she was gone. Then there was something about Fleishman's and Sheddspread margerines, which I have never used. Then next day, I bought the Atkins' paperback and went to the doctor to see what she thought of the Atkins' diet. I've been on the diet ever since, not perfect by any means, but I never stray far from it. This dream changed my life. Now I have dreams about counting carbs all the time. LOL That's my weakness in following the diet.

Last edited by Barbie101; 04-03-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #4  
Mouth of the South

Hey girl!

First of all, let me say welcome! Also, you are 100% correct in saying your little girl is beautiful! Three and four are my favorite ages !

As far as the dreams, I think we all have them. I had a dream the other night that I was eating a hot fudge sundae, and I don't even like ice cream that much. I think it is the subconcious (did I spell that right?) or something like that. Don't worry. I have a good friend in AA who has drinking and drugging dreams too. She wakes up thinking up that she just blew it.

The next time you have a dream like that, enjoy it! It's like you cheated but didn't!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:44 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Rae Great to have you aboard!

I constantly have dreams about foods I should not be eating. The first time it happened I had baked my daughters class chocolate cookies.. needless to say when I feel asleep I ate them all night long. I sat at my kitchen table which was piled sky high in cookies and I ate and ate! I have never been a big cookie eater so I dunno.
Even last night I had a dream I sat down to a BIG basket full of fries and just pigged out. The basket never turned empty tho.. I again just keep eating Yup I have quite a few of those dreams so your not alone.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Rae, welcome to Atkins Land

Yup I've dreamed about being on a giant slide and on the sides of me going down was ice cream and donuts, all I had to do was grab them on my way down. My fav candy is Pnut M&M's and I've dreamed about them too.... haaaaaaa !!

Silly aren't we.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #7  
Domestic Goddess

I've had the food dreams too. I wake up and feel amazing guilty. I usually eat ice cream or drink alot of orange juice. I've attacked a few donuts too....it's nice to dream! LOL!
ChrissyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #8  
Head Princess

I love those dreams! I get to eat the yummy, evil stuff and it's completely calorie and carb free!

I feel like I'm getting away with something naughty.
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote