Old 06-23-2020, 04:16 PM   #46  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

to Gettinfit

We welcome you with open arms. I have to be honest in that we aren't a very active site, but I check in at least 3x a week and there is always something good going on.

You could be my twin...……..I'm 5'4", my high weight was 234.6#, I rejoined in 2000 the year two of my children were getting married, have been a member of WW pretty much this whole time. Now I weigh in the low 190's, but crossing over into "onederland" was a most wonderful feeling and I know you have it in you to do that. I'm going to offer some advice which is ridiculous since I am not super successful, but...………...be a bit easy on yourself as you track. Do the very best you can and please don't give up ever or beat yourself up if you slip. We are living in trying times right now.
I am sending you : for a : You can do this and honestly...………...welcome, welcome, welcome. We have some very nice people who chime in here.

And may I offer my sympathy in the loss of your mother. Words won't do me justice, but I am very sorry for you.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:52 AM   #47  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/198/165

Height: 5" 5.5

Awhhh Judy, thank you so much! Thanks for the advise also. I am determined to make it to onederland in July. So far I've had a pretty decent week. I've tracked and have ended up using a few weekly points each day. I've walked every day so I know I'm on the right track now . My biggest problem is snacking on "junk food" so I have to fight the urge not to use too many points on snacks. I will limit myself to the WW snacks when I have something.

Can you believe the first time I joined WW was in 1976 (telling my age) when I was a teenager and I have never reached my goal. I am determined to make lifetimer status this time! I hope you are having a successful week!

Sheila
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:53 PM   #48  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Sheila, so glad to hear the optimism in your writing. You are doing this! and : will follow

Sending : to all the turtles. I have gotten to know so many of you over the years and I wish you all the best. Very happy to have Sheila chime in. Maybe we'll both hit goal this year!!!!

Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 07-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #49  
Chick

Hi Turtles,

Sending you all the best!
Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 07-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:52 PM   #50  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
I guess it's time for me to wrap this up. Anyone who would like to keep the threads going, please do so. In the meantime I wish you all well in all that you do. Remember #GOAL2020.
Judy
Old 07-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - I have not been posting for awhile but have been a turtle for many years alongside Judy.

Still doing blue WW & weight has been up/down lately. Tired of this virus stuff.

Just a question for you in the States - do you actually know anyone personally who got the virus and are things as bad as our news makes it out to be in the States?

Just wondering

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #52  
Chick

Dear Turtles and especially Gail.
I know personally two elderly people who died from the virus...............or should I say died with the virus. Both had extreme heart problems as pre-existing conditions. It seems the south is being hit hard now as the aftermath of Memorial Day and Fourth of July. It also seems that the treatment in our hospitals has improved and we have a much better survival rate than before. As you know, I'm from NY and we were hit very hard right at the start. Measured means have brought our numbers way down and we seem to have stabilized.

As far as me, I so badly wanted to reach goal this year. Started well at the beginning of the hunkering down and lost weight. Unfortunately now I am struggling to maintain. You know us..............we never give up and this is a good time to try some new things. I am on Purple and like the freedom of it. I am watching SeeMindyMom on You Tube because she has some good ideas on simply Purple casseroles and one dish meals and that is helping me.

Great hearing from you Gail. Take care and hopefully in the not too far future with a vaccine and good therapeutics we can eliminate worries about the virus.
Judy
Old 07-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Judy - thanks for posting and letting me know what is going on down there. I have heard so many different things with this & we are now entering Stage 3 on less restrictions tomorrow. But far from normal.
Our pools at trailer are open with maximum 5 people in one and 6 in the other. You have to book a time & basically impossible to get in on weekends. So we have been beaching it, which is OK and nice way to keep cool.
My friend joined WW over winter when she was in Florida and dropped 20 lbs no problem. And that was her first time doing WW so nice having someone brand new around and she is also doing blue.
She is coming down again this weekend & we will be making some blue WW meals. She is very keen and strict so good for me to be around her (need that kick in the butt)

All - hope you are all doing well. We are still doing virtual WW meetings but I can drive to another WW centre for products and official weigh in (might do that tomorrow a.m.)

Anyway - keep safe, keep on moving forward on your weight loss journey.

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #54  
Chick

Hi Turtles and especially Gail.
Yes, a kick in the butt by someone who is so enthusiastic is a great help.
I have had several good days and will keep on keepin' on.
All the best. :
It sounds like Canada is opening slowly and it seems to be working.
Take care.
Judy
Old 07-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #55  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Wow, so great to see this group is still posting! Judy, Iím really touched that you still mention Lin and me at the beginning of the thread. So cool to see you and Gail still here! And to see the newer faces, too!

Gail, in answer to your question about the coronavirus, yes I know someone who had it Ė my husband! He works in a hospital and got it in March. He did fine. Heís 59 and fit which helps. He had a fever for about five days, and then he was pretty tired for another week or two but went back to work as soon as he was cleared.

I didnít get it in spite of taking care of him. Who knows why? I rarely get anything.

Actually, the flu he had a few years ago was far worse. I didnít get that, either!

As for weight loss and such, I had a real wake up call a little over a year ago. I was under intense stress from dealing with my dadís situation (he has since passed away); I got a distressing phone call about him one evening and within an hour or two had a stroke. My BP was in the stratosphere.

Thankfully the effects of the stroke have been mild. I have since lost about 54 pounds and currently walk between 18 and 20 miles a week. I now have rockstar BP and am on very little medication.

I havenít been able to lose much additional weight during the pandemic, though, and I need to lose more. I havenít been on a formal diet yet, and really donít want to start one now. Iím just eating less and more healthfully. Not sure at this point what my end goal will be, I just know Iím not there yet.

So cool to see you all again! Stay well.

Lauren
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #56  
Chick

Good morning Turtles!!!

Lauren H.................what a wonderful surprise to see you posting here. Yes, Gail and I keep writing on this site and it's very encouraging to me. Every once in a while someone new comes in and it's great. We also seem to have several people who read what we write and it's nice to be connected that way too.

I'm sorry for your wake -up call. So sorry you had a stroke and so glad you have recovered with mild aftereffects. Did you ever think when you were a kid that life could be so stressful?? Glad, very glad, for your weight loss and that you get great exercise. I know I should be walking more and I think you've inspired me! Rockstar BP is music to my ears, especially with little meds.

As far as the pandemic and weight, at the beginning I was able to lose weight but now after being hard hit with the storm and a mini tornado that came down our block and uprooted our huge 50 year old maple tree and all the other crazies that are making up 2020 my weight is back up. Goal seems very far away although i promised myself "this would be the year." Well, I like your attitude and it is so good hearing from you. My little family is doing okay. My husband is a great support to me. Take care and stay healthy. Thanks for chiming in. I think of you and Lin often. All the best!

Judy
Old 09-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #57  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Still here and clicking along. How are you doing?
I've temporarily switched over to a low carb eating plan to see if I can drop some weight that way. Usually in the summer I gain a bit of weight and slow down my progress. This summer my gain was mild.

Anyone reading this?
Take care and do well. : and and

Judy