Old 03-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Yep Nancy, we all have those beer and pizza days and the scale knows it. Darn! Good for you on the 2 ingredient bagels.

Things better here again and I am being consistent in what I know works to get the weight down. I am annoyed about the off path trips I take because they slow my weight loss, but if I didn't need the food at that time I wouldn't eat it, right? So, onto better resistance and finding more things to do than eat.

All the best to all of you. Chime in when you can. Gail, how are you doing? Canada doesn't seem to be as affected as USA with the virus. How about the snow? Are you done with that for this year?

Take care. Do well and be well and happy.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Hello to all
WI down a bit today but it is sooo very slow and my ups and downs do irritate me at times

Well looks like ww has canx all studio meeting and will be doing virtual for 4 weeks.....this is like a low for me. I didn't think I would get excited about weigh in's - the offical one-- but I am going to miss watching my progress.

got to run, the grocery store is calling my name
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #18  
Chick

Nancy, if you'd like you can post your weight here and that can be your official. In the meantime do the very best you can. We all will. On to slimmer times.
Judy
Old 03-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #19  
Work in Progress

Thank you judy, I haved considered that but I did log my weight in the app. And since I know how much of a difference there is between my scale and ww I just add that to my number. I think I will be ok. They have closed our gym which bummed me out so this morning was my first morning at home workout in a long time. It went well and I felt the burn LOL

Got to love Fitness Blender! You can sort through the video's by time, equipment, body focus etc. I have in the past purchased their 4 and 8 week programs so I will go thought them for as long as it takes before life returns to almost normal. LIving less than 40 miles from the first covid-19 outbreak has put a damper on things but we will muddle through this.

My DD just called from OH and her neighbor has a confirmed case of covid-19 so the entire fmaily is in self quantine ......such scary times right now.

My work may be shut down this week
Old 03-20-2020, 08:56 AM   #20  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
These are troubling times.
Nancy, my son works in a hospital in NY. Looks like we'll all be affected in some way while we wait for this virus to pass. It makes sense for your daughter's neighbor's family to self quarantine. That's a responsible thing to do. My dh and I are both retired and we have self-quarantined for our own protection as well as those we might have come in contact with. All the best!

Looks like you found a good solution for your gym closing. Good for you!! I am finding it much to easy to sit and watch tv, so I'll think of you and at least get out and walk.

Food : At least I am tracking . Realized yesterday I had too many carbs, so now I'll be even more careful. I lose weight on Purple as long as I don't eat all the points I get. I can lose weight and eat about 1/2 the points sticking mostly with zero point foods. So, I know what to do. Now to do it~! My friend says knowing is the booby prize. She means...……….we know, now we have to do and that's hard.

Okay, staying positive . This will pass and we'll be onto the next thing.

Take care. Be well and happy.
Judy
Old 03-25-2020, 01:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Hope you are all doing well and keeping safe. I believe we are in better shape with this virus than the States but still, they have declared state of emergency yesterday.

I am still working - we supply to construction sites, so will see how that goes. But all the fun things are shut down & am going shopping when necessary. So just to work, then home.
We can still go out walking so been trying to get in my walks as usual.

All our WW meetings & Tops are shut down. So trying to keep on track for the most part.

All - stay safe!

Gail
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #22  
Work in Progress

Hello
I am struggling to stay on track and within points, but mostely have gone over my points....stress eating/boredom eating....I am working on that
My work will officially be over today for at least 2 weeks. Some of the crew memebers are still working as they support the department of defence but non critical office staff will be taking an unplanned stay at home vacation.

I have not done an evening weigh in as I should and my weight on my personal scale in the am shows a gain.

Be safe all I will check in again. Just trying to keep my head above water and stay positive

Nancy
Old 03-26-2020, 02:56 PM   #23  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Good to hear from both Gail and Nancy. These are easy times to feel worried or even to panic and the easy go to for me has always been food. I'm trying really hard but still gained two pounds almost right away. Now I have lost those and would love to break into the 180s# by the time the virus has passed. I live very near the epicenter of the outbreak in the states, and have working adult children who are on the front line against this nasty virus. So, : all around. Sending you both especially but to all the Turtles health. Let's all think about what is most important and if we can get some healthy eating and exercise in there as well I think we'll all be happier about the outcome in May

Have a good day and keep on keepin' on. We'll all get through this the best we can.
Judy
Old 03-29-2020, 07:31 AM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hey, I heard something I think we should all work hard against. this commentator was saying that many will gain 15# during the virus stay at home.. Not us! And what a silly thing for the commentator to say. We have no idea how long this will last. WE are still all able to get food. We all have a good attitude. So, commentator...……….go ahead and gain your 15#. We're not going to!

I have been doing well. I got off the two pounds I gained quickly and now I am working on breaking into the 180's#. This may take a while, but I know I can do it. I want to because I don't want this time to go by without having a positive outcome.

Let us know how you're doing. Let's follow good WW advice and get a routine going, find something to do instead of eat, get in the amount of exercise that works for you, catch a virtual workshop by signing into Zoom.com and do the best you can to keep on keepin' on!

All the best to all of us. Stay well.
Judy
Old 04-01-2020, 09:33 PM   #25  
Chick

to Godswill77 So nice to see you join our little group.

Yes, living on Long Island, NY we are very hard hit right now and I've been sequestered for 3 weeks+ now. Doing fine. I do go on WW's virtual meetings and they can be interesting enough. Not all food is available but I'm making do with what we have.

Yes, stay strong and keep on keepin' on. This will pass and we'll be doing other things next spring. Take care of yourselves and your families. Be well and stay healthy.

Judy
Old 04-08-2020, 02:03 PM   #26  
Work in Progress

Hello to all,
Yes these are trying times itry....you and I both are in hotspots and I am really not liking this much but we do what we can. I am healthy and only go out when I need to for myself or my 86yr old mom. Last week I did very poorly with ww and actually had a deficit of points! That has never happened to me before so ......I did not weigh in on my normal day and time (Monday's 5:00pm) I will however weigh in later this week. I have improved in my mental and activity levels this week.

I will work on being more consistant on this thread

Day 3 of WO done 2 more to go before the weekend! whoop whoop
Old 04-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #27  
Chick

Oh Nancy, don't think twice about chiming in consistently here. All is acceptable and fine. Always good to hear from you. Glad you are healthy and can help your mother out. As far as gaining weight and using tons of points, at least you kept on tracking. Weigh to go! This is hard for all of us...…………….some have more difficult situations than others. We will get thru this. We've done hard things in our lives. This is another hard thing.

Food, I'm trying to keep it tasty enough without going crazy with points. In a funny way I do better eating at least one "treat" a day. Otherwise it seems like punishment. Trying to keep a well balanced approach and keeping my head clear. I keep reminding myself that worry alone doesn't make anything better. AND the worst things in life I have never had advance warning about. So, on we go dealing with life the best we can.

This isn't a downer, I hope. I am optimistic and : and : to all! My best WW friend just lost a pound this week staying as close to on track as possible. I say good for her and that is inspiring. let's do this!

Judy
Old 04-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls ,I'm really struggling, I'm a health care worker at a small rural hospital for 28yrs,Ultrasound and xray,we are very slow with outpatients now so first time I got my hours cut,I have never applied for unemployment, I've never not worked full time,so once again I have turned to food,I also was supposed to have my ACL reconstructed Mar 31st due to a skiing accident Jan 20th this yr but that got postponed so I cant really exercise, I had lost 8lbs ,got down to 176 and today back up to 181lbs,I'm so very discouraged
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:48 PM   #29  
Chick

Hi Merowi2
I am so sorry about your work situation right now. You've got a lot going on and I just want to let you know the gals here are very supportive. Things will improve. I've been going on the WW virtual meeting sites and so many people are having similar problems to yours. I don't want to be a Pollyanna and yet something that has always helped me thru the very tough times is to step back, look at the whole picture, even feel sorry for myself for a bit, and then say the one thing I can control right now is my food. I have struggled with doing very well on program and then giving up and regaining 20# or so. I'm doing better now and it feels good. It's late at night and maybe I should wait to write to you, but I hear how very sad and discouraged you sound, so I'll do my best. When you wake up tomorrow and get ready to eat, have something tasty that is low in points. And at lunchtime do the same thing. And if you want a three o'clock snack, have a good one. At supper, go ahead and have something nice that won't throw you off track. The day will pass, you'll be so proud of yourself, some of your despair at regaining weight will leave, and you'll have the feeling that you can do this. You know you can do this. We're all pulling for you.
Take care. Be well and do your best. Beating yourself up isn't an option. You can do this. Don't be too hard on yourself. Do what makes sense to you. This horrible economic situation will pass and we'll all be in a better place where losing weight and getting healthy will be part of our daily lives.

All the Turtles, do your best and chime in to help our newest member.
Judy
Old 04-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 175/174/155

Height: 5'6"

Ok Judy I just read your post and thank you so very much for your kind uplifting words,past few days have been good I have been praying more,and being mindful and purposeful about my diet,I have been nicer to my self and back k down 4lbs,Thank you again and may GOD bless you
merowi2 is offline   Reply With Quote