306 Bale of turtles reaching goal. 2020 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 01-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile 306 Bale of turtles reaching goal. 2020

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Hoping to see Nancy over here. I am determined to reach goal this year. Can it be done? Of course. I've learned so much over the years and need to kick it all into place now.

Wishing you all a : at your next WI. Keep on keepin' on and chime in when you can!

Judy
Old 01-19-2020, 02:52 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for starting the thread!
Well I needed this today. Yesterdays WI up .6!!! My own fault I knew I had not really gone over my points but......the adult beverages (my nemesis ) was my downfall. So this morning all wine is now gone as well as the homemade fudge that I had in the garage since Christmas. gone gone gone.

I have my meals (main meal in the evening) planned out this week. Lunches will be veggie stir fry with brown rice, breakfasts will be choices of hard boiled eggs, steel cut oats or homemade FF greek yogurt with blackberryies. Snacks I have prepped fresh pineapple, cucumber slices that I will dip in Bolthouse dressing and possibly some popcorn.

I am using the purple plan and I don't mind prepping my meals, Thankfully my DH is open to just about all foods and will eat what I prepare. Now on nights that I have whole wheat pasta he will use regular, but he does not mind the brown rice.

back later!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Started on WW this morning but will weigh in on Thursday
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Nancy, you're the best for chiming in. Thank you! I'll see if I can get Gail back here. I too am on the Purple plan and find I can make it work.
I like the Barilla whole wheat pasta and now I'm looking for recipes to make a casserole with brown rice. It's weird...…….I like almost all foods so that makes adapting my plan easier. However, I like almost all foods. Now I have to work on eating foods I like so I won't "go on the hunt" to find more appealing foods once I've eaten.

Have a great day, week, etc. I am determined to reach goal this year. I have about 50# to go, so it won't be an easy challenge, but it is doable.
Judy
Old 01-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #6  
Chick

CeeJay
Good to see you here! I love that the Turtles site is coming alive again!!!
Judy
Old 01-20-2020, 02:31 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Well good morning/afternoon 'turtles' vs 'chickes' LOL not sure what picture in my mind I want to associatate with....think I would rather be the pictres of 'dimple free, wrinkle free, slendar waist grandma'

I weight everyday for accountablitly and this am I was up 1.4lbs!!!! I know what I can point my finger too. Darn sodium, and a bag of microwave popcorn and glass of vino last night. but stayed within my budget.
This am was at the gym for my cardio. I am holding off starting back up with weights until my knee decides it likes me again

So last night I used my 1pt choclate protein powder (not ww...bit to $$ for me-costco is my go to for this) to make GF-Chocolate-Peanut Butter No-Bake Protein Bites. Except I did not have a really ripe banana but I had some overripe bannana sliced and frozen in my freezer that I used to make 'nice cream'. Anyway long story short because the bananas were on the watery side now I had to add more rolled oats giving me 38 bites vs 20....so does this mean I can eat 2 for the cost of 1??? Just askin

Old 01-20-2020, 04:16 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

Welcome ceejay can't wait to learn more about you and your journey
Old 01-21-2020, 09:24 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

So today I have been on point - so far---LOL, I have kept to the planned foods my worry now is the bottle of open wine in my kitchen
Did my usual workout this am, hiho hiho off to gymland I go at 5am hahaha got to love the elliptical trainer and free weights

So with all this soggy weather I am having I need to find more indoor type activities that don't involve lots of other people....suggestions?

Old 01-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

ok the wine is gone.......darn those open bottles, I was good until DH asked if he could have a glass and of couse I said yes as long as you bring me one too......
Old 01-22-2020, 01:53 PM   #11  
Chick

Sounds like a friendly use of points!!!!!
Hi Turtles,
I had a great WI this morning. The fast stupid weight I put on is gone. I only have .2# to lose to be the lowest weight I've been in ages and then it's my goal to blast into the 180's# I know I can do it. Eating more at each meal in its own weird way has led to less snacking which I am sure was holding back my weight loss.
Nancy, you're doing great!
CeeJay, how are you?
Gail, look at the nice gals who have joined us!!!

Have a great week.
Judy
Old 01-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #12  
Chick

Indoor activity"? How about walking around the house fast and up and down stairs? How about watching a You Tube video on your tv and working out with someone new for a change? Yoga? What do you like to do?

:
Judy
Old 01-22-2020, 09:59 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Thank you Itry for the suggestions, working out at my home is something I can do easily and have done in the past. Now I go to the gym during the week. It is more finding something DH and I can do together that has me stumped. Congrats on losing your very temporary gain and you can see 180's awesome!

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-22-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:11 PM   #14  
Chick

Um. How about dancing???? Would that work for you and your husband? Am I too corny??
I'm sure you'll find something great.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #15  
Chick

Nancy...…………..I love that you meal prep in advance. I do too during the weeks when I'm most successful.

Have you ever watched Amanda Cypert on YouTube. She's got a few ideas for meal prep that have worked out nicely for me. I need to start watching her again.

Have a great day. I'm optimistic that today will be another good day.
Judy